Japanese-Themed Hosoi Ichiba Sims Leave SL for Kitely - Page 2 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Other Grids / Virtual Worlds > OpenSim > Kitely » Japanese-Themed Hosoi Ichiba Sims Leave SL for Kitely

Kitely Discuss the virtual world Kitely here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2013, 03:06 PM   #26 (permalink)

Co-Founder and CEO of Kitely

Business: Kitely
I agree that mesh has a lot of benefits and selling prim-based items can be a contributing factor to her reduced sales. Adjusting to changes in the market is also important. That said, anyone can try selling whatever they want for whatever they want. She's selling the same items outside SL and doing quite well after cutting her prices by half of what she charges in SLM. You could claim that that's because there is a lot less competition outside SL but what's wrong with that? If it can help merchants make more money then great.

Regarding relocating to get more land, I guess it all depends on what country and culture you come from. There are places in the world where high prices drive people from the city to the suburbs, to less expensive cities, and to rural areas.

Last edited by Ilan Tochner; 11-09-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Ilan Tochner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:12 PM   #27 (permalink)

Co-Founder and CEO of Kitely

Business: Kitely
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
I think you are arguing from a position of lack of information on this one.
That is apparently the case as there are obviously some people here that are blaming her for making statements I haven't seen her make.
Ilan Tochner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:22 PM   #28 (permalink)

Wandering around in a Daze

I build and run roleplay sims. And like any other sim owner who is frustrated with SL's excessive pricing and refusal to follow the industry-wide trend of charging less for server space and memory as it grows less expensive - and every now and again I've pondered looking at other options.

These recent threads about Kitely have changed my mind about that. The repetition, the almost snarky "in your face - but polite" attitude, and most of all - the blatant disregard for the forum owner's own wishes, tells me that this is a person who would willingly trample all over my own wishes if I was a sim owner there and he thought there was gain from it. I'm frankly grateful for the annoyance of these threads. They prevented me from ever wasting my time, energy and cash on his venture.
Jon Vetinari is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 11-09-2013, 03:26 PM   #29 (permalink)
Account Closed

After being a member of SLU since roughly 2004 (back before the forum software reset)? It is threads like this that is finally going to perforce me into signing in whilst I surf through the topics here. In nearly a decade of using this site I've not needed to log in to read topics, only if I was interested in posting. Your continued thinly veiled adverts are going to force my hand in both finally utilizing my ignore list for the first time but logging in each time I wish to use SLU.

Congratulations, nearly ten years of dealing with asshats and never once using ignore you're the person whom gets pride of place.
Memir Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 03:34 PM   #30 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Client: Catznip or the Official but I dabble in others

Awards: 1
The Penis Handler 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilan Tochner View Post
That is apparently the case as there are obviously some people here that are blaming her for making statements I haven't seen her make.
I'm not blaming her, I'm trying to inform you of the some of the history and circumstances.

You see, I have no ill will towards you, Kitely, or any business owners who move there. None at all, I wish everyone a lot of luck, happiness and success. The more options there are, the more choices for me.

I posted only because I was hoping that you might take notice of those here who were trying to warn you that this case may not be the best poster child for Kitely. I'm guessing you didn't know that, or you never would have started this thread with this example. Things are not always what they seem Ilan, and though I'm uncertain why you are so willing to blindly take the word of one party, while ignoring others, I do wish you luck.

ETA - my last bit of free advice? Don't walk on her grass.

Last edited by Pancake; 11-09-2013 at 03:43 PM.
Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks: