Guess who's at it again...Exploiting Mainland - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » Guess who's at it again...Exploiting Mainland

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 05:34 PM   #1 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

LLvangelist

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 10/12/2006
Business: [H]arsh Styles
Client: Always changing, and too lazy to edit.
Guess who's at it again...Exploiting Mainland

I happened to see something out by the Linden Road that runs by my store that looked new and out of place. So I went down to see what it is, and surprise:

It's bad enough she spams the mainland with her vehicles. but now she's using exploits to put scripted vehicle rezzers in vehicle rez zones. There's a 5 minute autoreturn on this rez zone, this thing shouldn't be able to remain here.

I decided to see if these were in every sim now, and sure enough every one along the line that has a Linden Rez zone, has one of these now. And all using exploits to get around the autoreturn.

This has really gone far enough. How can we get LL to act on this and get this crap cleared out of sims? she's not even paying for a single meter of land and yet gets to lag the fuck out of every mainland sim with a road.

Grrrrr

The truth doesn't care if you agree with it or disagree with it. It continues to be regardless, unchanged. Denying the truth is only lying to yourself. - Darien Caldwell
Darien Caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Hugged You:
Old 08-12-2013, 05:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

Fast!

Yes, it is getting out of hand. I'm just going to start AR-ing the vehicles that pile up by my parcel, and everywhere I see them littering the mainland. It's bad enough to be constantly run over by them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darien Caldwell View Post
I happened to see something out by the Linden Road that runs by my store that looked new and out of place. So I went down to see what it is, and surprise:

It's bad enough she spams the mainland with her vehicles. but now she's using exploits to put scripted vehicle rezzers in vehicle rez zones. There's a 5 minute autoreturn on this rez zone, this thing shouldn't be able to remain here.

I decided to see if these were in every sim now, and sure enough every one along the line that has a Linden Rez zone, has one of these now. And all using exploits to get around the autoreturn.

This has really gone far enough. How can we get LL to act on this and get this crap cleared out of sims? she's not even paying for a single meter of land and yet gets to lag the fuck out of every mainland sim with a road.

Grrrrr
EricCastanea is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 08-12-2013, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Mood:
Client: v3
She uses them to rez the buses. A friend of mine tried removing them near the land he owns by filling the rez zone with prims and waiting for auto return to remove it. It works but she runs a bot that goes to every rez zone and replaces them. It really is exploiting the system and i like how she needs to use an alt account to avoid the AR's and angry ims.
ac14hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-12-2013, 06:24 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Mood:
I noticed one of these a while ago on the mainland (on LLDPW land) and had a "hmmmm" moment ... and wrongly assumed that they were some LL approved thing, as the LLDPW land was no build obviously.

I thought I was the only one sick of getting pushed around / run over by those eyesore vehicles.
lisaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:25 PM   #5 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

LLvangelist

My Mood:
Well whatever exploit is being used to get around the autoreturn needs to be fixed anyway. That would solve the matter once and for all. I just don't understand why LL lets her get away with this stuff.
Old 08-12-2013, 06:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Pubbie4Lyfe

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 06/14/2005 then 04/06/2008
Client: Singularity 1.8.6

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
WTF is she up to? Is she making money off of this somehow, or is it just trolling for its' own sake?
Han Held is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-12-2013, 06:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

My Mood:

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Ego. (^_^)
Imnotgoing Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 08-12-2013, 06:40 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Mood:
Client: v3
She sells the cars and charges money for them to be autodrive enabled. so its technically advertising but she didn't make any of the vehicle models herself. I have no clue how she gets away with it because if I rezzed thousands of objects with 20 scripts in them all over the grid constantly I would probably be banned for it.
ac14hutson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2013, 06:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Fast!

Yea - it's griefing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac14hutson View Post
She sells the cars and charges money for them to be autodrive enabled. so its technically advertising but she didn't make any of the vehicle models herself. I have no clue how she gets away with it because if I rezzed thousands of objects with 20 scripts in them all over the grid constantly I would probably be banned for it.
EricCastanea is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-12-2013, 07:03 PM   #10 (permalink)

competently inane

My Mood:
Business: Tam's Trousseau
Client: Firestorm
It's interesting - she has been filing jira's on the Firestorm site - but can't figure out how to file one for LL - where all of her problems originate

from: [#FIRE-11188] [BUG-3460] [MAINT-2956] llSetPrimitiveParams fails to update viewer when changing prim size and flexibility - Phoenix Viewer

Quote:
Ann-Marie Otoole added a comment - 30/Jul/13, 09:22 PM +0200
Both the flexibility and the size change timing are inconsistent. I'm not sure what correlates to the amount of delay before the flexibility kicks in. I think there are times when the size change works without bumping too.
Should I (how do I) file a JIRA to LL?
This is not a recent bug, I've known about it for a year or more but this is the first time I've dissected all the things my script was doing to narrow it down to just flexibility and size change.
and then this from [#SLS-26] [BUG-3291] [MAINT-2887] llListen in linked objects is listening at root instead of linked object local position. - Phoenix Viewer

Quote:
Ann-Marie Otoole added a comment - 13/Jul/13, 04:21 AM +0200
ACTUALLY what has happened is previously you could take the object into inventory and re-rez to fix the llListen location to the linked object.
This meant that thousands of objects I've sold worked OK when the customer rezzed them.

I'm going to have a lot of annoyed customers.
One would think she would have figured out that FS can't fix server and LSL problems -
Tamarsk is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Nan
Old 08-12-2013, 11:34 PM   #11 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

LLvangelist

My Mood:
That is interesting. Who knows, maybe she's banned from LL's Jira.
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-13-2013, 08:06 AM   #12 (permalink)
Quietly watching

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/24/2007
Client: PoundLife
I went down to ground level just now (a rare occurrence!) and checked out one of the Linden roads that ends in one of the sims I have land in, and sure enough, I saw a bus stop and rezzed bus owned by her.

I used to have a series of prims rezzed on my parcel that stretched over to the road for the sole purpose of causing scripted vehicles to pile up and get stuck. Yavanna Llanfair has some pretty terrible looking scripted vehicles that wander around mainland roads as well (literally just a cut and hollowed sphere). Unfortunately, those are phantom and don't get stuck.
Vaelissa Cortes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2013, 08:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
kortee'nea

SL Join Date: May 2007

Awards: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to Adeon Writer
Guess who's at it again...Exploiting Mainalnd

I moved to estate land to get away from those things.

If I ever cancel premium (I don't need it now, but customer support is great.) I'll mention her by name in the exit survey.

Last edited by Adeon Writer; 08-13-2013 at 08:17 AM.
Adeon Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
3 Users Like This:
Old 08-13-2013, 12:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Nan

"I feel like SL but BETTER"

My Mood:
How can she not be MAC banned? The vehicles look like garbage-- it is a business for her. Yet she uses prims and scripts time * she doesn't pay for over sim after sim.

When I send her notes about her garbage piled up -- she blames Linden.

The vehicles make Second Life look trashy -- if one day a looooong time ago someone long gone at the Lab thought cheap vehicles make Mainland look lively -- well that day is long gone.

Stop this eyesore--lag fest --- now Rodvik. It is an embarrassment --like seeing a 90 year old grandmother in a mini skirt.

Last edited by Nan; 08-13-2013 at 01:01 PM. Reason: Added time
Nan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #15 (permalink)
kortee'nea

To be fair the trashy cars don't conflict all THAT bad with most roadside mainland builds nor the roads themselves. >.>

It's all about equal quality, you gotta give her that.
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:04 PM   #16 (permalink)

Client: Homebrewed
Even if they MAC address banned her, she could use one the of the viewers floating around out there that allows spoofing for hardware identifiers.
Draekan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:07 PM   #17 (permalink)
The Purple

Adoring goats.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 20. January 2007
Client: NaCl
Quote:
Well whatever exploit is being used to get around the autoreturn needs to be fixed anyway.
There is no exploit to fix, I fear. I bet the object just re-rezzes a copy of itself into the same spot every minute or 5, before killing the original. You can find out by keeping it selected and see if it at some point deletes itself.

I actually made a personal building platform that uses that (and shows how seamless the act is), but it stops that function as soon as nobody is standing on it anymore
Old 08-13-2013, 01:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
kortee'nea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalice Yao View Post
There is no exploit to fix, I fear. I bet the object just re-rezzes a copy of itself into the same spot every minute or 5, before killing the original. You can find out by keeping it selected and see if it at some point deletes itself.

I actually made a personal building platform that uses that (and shows how seamless the act is), but it stops that function as soon as nobody is standing on it anymore
Doesn't the grey goo fence kick in after 25 recursive rezzes? That's always been the cap for my bouncy laser, no matter how slow I made it.
1 User Disagreed:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:16 PM   #19 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

LLvangelist

My Mood:
Quote:

What I don't get is, if it keeps rezzing a new copy every 5 minutes, wouldn't it eventually run out of internal generations rather quick?

I guess that's why she has a bot to keep replacing them when they run out.
Old 08-13-2013, 01:18 PM   #20 (permalink)
The Purple

Adoring goats.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 20. January 2007
Client: NaCl
Quote:
What I don't get is, if it keeps rezzing a new copy every 5 minutes, wouldn't it eventually run out of internal generations rather quick?
Nah. The original gives a copy of the inventory'd copy to the rezzed copy before killing itself.

It's an old, old trick, really.
Chalice Yao is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 08-13-2013, 01:35 PM   #21 (permalink)
Scientist Lady of Science

Look me in the eye...

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 12/29/2006
Business: Something Wicked This Way Rezzes

Super Science Award 
Quote:
Nah. The original gives a copy of the inventory'd copy to the rezzed copy before killing itself.

It's an old, old trick, really.
Yeah. The bus stop has a copy of the bus, the rez script for the bus which probably also contains the lines to rez the new sign, and a new sign in it. I just watched 2 of them north of my my home sim in the Rez Area on the road. One is pointed in each direction so she's using 4 prims in it that aren't hers to use imo. She wants to run buses and other advertising vehicles, she can rent/buy mainland to do it off of. I'm sure she could afford it based off

"Ann-Marie Otoole added a comment - 13/Jul/13, 04:21 AM +0200
ACTUALLY what has happened is previously you could take the object into inventory and re-rez to fix the llListen location to the linked object.
This meant that thousands of objects I've sold worked OK when the customer rezzed them.

I'm going to have a lot of annoyed customers."

Perhaps she means to say "I have annoyed a lot of LL's customers"

Caete is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 08-13-2013, 02:24 PM   #22 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 30, 2006
Business: none
Client: Viewer 2/3
Send a message via AIM to DrFran Send a message via Yahoo to DrFran Send a message via Skype™ to DrFran
I can't believe this scourge is allowed to persist. I moved to land that is not near a road to avoid this, and now her boats come in the water, past my lovely Varney parcel. Sigh.

As has been said, if I did this, I would be sooooo banned.
What is up?
Old 08-13-2013, 02:34 PM   #23 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nan View Post
It is an embarrassment --like seeing a 90 year old grandmother in a mini skirt.
Meet Edith Drake, 90 years old when this picture was taken:

92 now.

I for one think she looks great.

Please shove your ageism.
ImAJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This:
Old 08-13-2013, 02:36 PM   #24 (permalink)

Shit. This is why some of you won't accept that I'm a jerk, isn't it?
ImAJerk is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
1 User Disagreed:
Old 08-13-2013, 04:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Omnomnomnivore

being killed by deathclaws

SL Join Date: 3/23/2007
Business: Eclectica
Client: Firestorm & V3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAJerk View Post
Shit. This is why some of you won't accept that I'm a jerk, isn't it?
Shhh! You have to stop posting these things or word will get around.
Tiffy Vella is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:

Tags
annmarie oleander