SL Home Tour - Want to show off your place? - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » SL Home Tour - Want to show off your place?

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 02:58 AM   #51 (permalink)

Riding away

My Mood:
SL Join Date: January 7, 2008
Rather than packing, I took photos of my main place.

It started off intended as something other than a house originally. Since there was an influx of Barbie beach homes at the time, I made it with an abandoned beach house in mind.

Thanks to the magic of SL, I can garden in sand

I was able to terraform a small island. The friend who was using the shack seems to have disappeared but I haven't had the heart to send his stuff back. So its open to hobos if they don't mind the surroundings.

I left some pie. Theres also cider or the neighborhood bar right behind the house.

I'm away til Monday, so the keys are under the

Second Life Maps | Tully Low
Old 01-19-2013, 02:18 AM   #52 (permalink)
Oh Yes You Are

Fuckity

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 12/14/2004
Send a message via Yahoo to Jack Belvedere
My house probably won't be interesting to anyone but me, and it isn't near done or fully furnished yet, but here it is.

I've made a million different homes and lived in everything from an Egyptian tomb to a treehouse, but recently decided to make my own RL house. I took photos of things like the floor tiles, pictures on the wall, etc to try to get little details right.

The house is an ancient farmhouse here in Iowa. We are in the city now, but the house was here before the city, built in 1899.

That is my actual common RL spot, sitting out back in my crappy lawn chair, or by the fire pit. If I'm not sleeping or on the computer or at work I'm usually right there!

Living room, even tried to copy the furniture style. The drawings on the wall were originally done by my wife's cousin of the kids, plus parents' wedding photo.

We spend a LOT of time on the front porch too.

Definitely still working on some of the interior here but this is my bedroom. It resembles our real bed too. Having a lot of fun with this, can you tell??

This upstairs bedroom is my sons' and supposedly haunted by an old woman named Julia who lost a child in the room and therefore keeps watch over any child who sleeps there.

The dogs actually have their own room, a little add-on off the kitchen which is sort of useless otherwise because part of the floor is leaning down badly.

and the view from the pantry area, yes our kitchen really is that color. The little desk in the other room is where I am sitting right now

I never had a re-make of RL house in here before, but it's fun to try to get the details right and the eerie sensation of walking around virtually in a space you know so well.

Anyone's free to drop by any time
http://maps.secondlife.com/secondlif...Hill/110/90/23
Jack Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-20-2013, 08:40 AM   #53 (permalink)
hobo extraordinaire

borke and stuff

My Mood:
Client: Firestorm, Currently: Exodus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Belvedere View Post
My house probably won't be interesting to anyone but me

Just so you're aware, we hobos are very interested in your house

be sure to check your fridge for missing food, we may have emptied it out by accident

(by emptying it out I mean that the light bulb and the coolant has also been consumed by the less human hobos)
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-20-2013, 03:18 PM   #54 (permalink)
Omnomnomnivore

Needing a Houdini mentor

SL Join Date: 3/23/2007
Business: Eclectica
Client: Firestorm & V3
Quote:

I've made a million different homes and lived in everything from an Egyptian tomb to a treehouse, but recently decided to make my own RL house. I took photos of things like the floor tiles, pictures on the wall, etc to try to get little details right.

How did it feel, walking around your rl house? Was it oddly disjointing to bring a place so familiar in SL?

(I tried it once, only partially, to help design a bookshelf and colourscheme for the family room (gave the snapshots to the carpenters and they built it). And that's the day I discovered how unrealistically I was scaled; almost 8 feet tall with horns goat's legs. The carpenters never got to see those particular shots, haha.)
Tiffy Vella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 07:23 PM   #55 (permalink)

Late but Support for eku

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiffy Vella View Post
How did it feel, walking around your rl house? Was it oddly disjointing to bring a place so familiar in SL?

(I tried it once, only partially, to help design a bookshelf and colourscheme for the family room (gave the snapshots to the carpenters and they built it). And that's the day I discovered how unrealistically I was scaled; almost 8 feet tall with horns goat's legs. The carpenters never got to see those particular shots, haha.)
Yes !!! My husband though I was crazy when I built our kitchen and house addition on SL to have a look at furniture placement and to test various wall colours .
Seawitch is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-20-2013, 09:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
Omnomnomnivore

Needing a Houdini mentor

SL Join Date: 3/23/2007
Business: Eclectica
Client: Firestorm & V3
Yay Sea...that's sort of what I did to a lesser extent.....played with wall colours, and rugs...and designed the built in bookcase....and now my RL 'library room' looks like my SL design. Except that I still have to find the right lamps.
It was an excellent tool for visualisation, and really convenient to print off a copy to show the carpenters. They wanted to know what 3D program was used, and I was a bit too coy to admit what it was.

Last edited by Tiffy Vella; 01-20-2013 at 09:07 PM. Reason: because brain
Tiffy Vella is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-22-2013, 03:17 AM   #57 (permalink)
hobo extraordinaire

borke and stuff

My Mood:
Client: Firestorm, Currently: Exodus
Quote:
Anyone's free to drop by any time
Guess who snuck in
Castara is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This: