Second Life has closed. - Page 11 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » Second Life has closed.

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #251 (permalink)
01001100 01001111 0100110

01000011 01101111 01101111 01101100 0100001

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Digital View Post
Clears throat ... Ok here it comes!

My introduction - Hi My name is Digital I am very active in many virtual worlds, I live in Nevada I am a computer GEEK totally love technology. My specialty is running phone servers. Ooooo I am a big apple fan , have iPhone , iPad - "mac mini in a colocation facility" woot woot - As for the virtual worlds part I am very bad at building but I do try to make things, I do NOT know scripting at all you think I would though being a geek hehe.

I will post this in the Introduction thread if you guys have one as well!
New Users - SLUniverse Forums
Ahaha, such a simpleton. It'z so much fun playing jokez on you. I waz only here to see how she waz doing, but I had fun while I waz at it. So long, Sere, au revoir, mon ami! Pleaze dream of moi every night! Oui! ~ Harle

http://leechmouth.deviantart.com/
Darnk Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 04-26-2012, 08:45 PM   #252 (permalink)

Pleasant Dreams

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/06/2008
Business: All Things Aley!
Client: Singularity 1.8.3

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:

My introduction - Hi My name is Digital I am very active in many virtual worlds, I live in Nevada I am a computer GEEK totally love technology. My specialty is running phone servers. Ooooo I am a big apple fan , have iPhone , iPad - "mac mini in a colocation facility" woot woot - As for the virtual worlds part I am very bad at building but I do try to make things, I do NOT know scripting at all you think I would though being a geek hehe.

We've got a whole forum:
New Users - SLUniverse Forums

I love virtual worlds too, and I'm in the same spot you are in as far as building goes. I hope that you give SLU a chance and that we DO get to know you better.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #253 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

sick of all the bullshit

SL Join Date: October 27, 2007
Hi Digital! *waves*. Yes, we do have a forum for introductions
Aliselia Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #254 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

penguins rule!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/30/2011
Business: Heavenly Estates
Client: Firestorm
I made an amazing discovery today. With the grid down I decided to explore some so I went through this door I've never been through before. You know where it went? It with to this really huge room with a bright blue ceiling. Some where up there, there was this bright light too. And there was other things out there. It all reminded me a lot like SL, but with better graphics.
Old 04-26-2012, 08:47 PM   #255 (permalink)
01001100 01001111 0100110

01000011 01101111 01101111 01101100 0100001

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
I made an amazing discovery today. With the grid down I decided to explore some so I went through this door I've never been through before. You know where it went? It with to this really huge room with a bright blue ceiling. Some where up there, there was this bright light too. And there was other things out there. It all reminded me a lot like SL, but with better graphics.
Overrated and still buggy as hell.
Darnk Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 04-26-2012, 08:49 PM   #256 (permalink)

Quote:
Follow the light.
Damien Thorne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 08:59 PM   #257 (permalink)
ガンバレ日本

*SLU Supporter*

rotisserie compulsive

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 9/29/2007
Business: Culprit
Client: LL beta

In Queso Emergency 
Quote:
the graphics might be better but sheesh.. the management ...
it sucks
Old 04-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #258 (permalink)
Letting It Go

*SLU Supporter*

Because I can! That's why!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: This time: 10/12/2010
Client: A few different ones

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:

, Digital.

See, now, that wasn't so hard, was it?

"There is no problem so large that it can't be solved by brute force and ignorance."
~Siggy Romulus (11/13/12)

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shilohlyric/
http://shilohlyric.wordpress.com/
Shiloh Lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:01 PM   #259 (permalink)
Letting It Go

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by eku Zhong View Post
the graphics might be better but sheesh.. the management ...
it sucks
No, it's the server. Oh, man, the servers! They never work right, and never allow my content to stream correctly. The appearance sliders are borked, too, and my inventory has lost all of my pretty clothes.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:07 PM   #260 (permalink)
Banned
Getting richer by the hour!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: in the days of old when knights were bold and before prims were invented
Business: Fazuku Brand
Client: Avination Veiwer, Singularity Alpha
lol why do i always come late to the interesting discussions? i had to go help my roomate and his mother get ready for a estate sale and when i return all hell has broken loose

Is SL back up yet? I haven't tried and only now finding out it was down.
Yoshiko Fazuku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:10 PM   #261 (permalink)

I have no status

Business: No Escape
Client: Nirans or development daily build
Quote:

Welcome to SLU, Digital.. My own speciality is running linux servers like the ones AVN runs on. I joined AVN in its earliest days because I was interested in the low region prices there, stayed there for several months building AVN-unique content..

Then after the merchants meeting when the AVN admins explicitly refused to remove content ripped from a founding AVN member I left, keeping my registration alive only so nobody could steal my name there.

So f*k you with a pitchfork. and the grid you rode your sockpuppet in on.
Da5id Weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:15 PM   #262 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh Lyric View Post
No, it's the server. Oh, man, the servers! They never work right, and never allow my content to stream correctly. The appearance sliders are borked, too, and my inventory has lost all of my pretty clothes.
And the people smell funny too. But the food is better.
Innula Zenovka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:16 PM   #263 (permalink)

They just posted that the maintenance was complete. But they are still assisting with some region restarts. So I guess it's one of those "Mission Accomplished" announcements.
Amity Slade is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:19 PM   #264 (permalink)
Bit Fishy

Swimming around

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jan 2007
Client: Firestorm
On reading this thread, I realised I never introduced myself either.

Bad Ana...

*lowers head and stares at her tail*
Ana Stubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #265 (permalink)
Banned
Getting richer by the hour!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: in the days of old when knights were bold and before prims were invented
Business: Fazuku Brand
Client: Avination Veiwer, Singularity Alpha
Quote:
Originally Posted by Han Held View Post
No, this is the history of damned near every Avination user I've come across,both on SLU AND on the official blogorum. I can only name TWO avination posters who weren't spammy/shills (Autumn Osterham and Yoshiko Funzu). Autumn barely talks about Avination and Yoshiko has posted in non-avination threads and acted like a *gasp* member of the community -complete with non-avination interests. Also I think the owner has posted here to defend a viewer dev -I'm not counting that as shilling either. So that brings the total up to three.

Again, read Joshua's PSA, and no -it's not "just three users", it's "damned near every poster who has come from avination for the last year-and-a-half to two years"
I try and keep my posts about Avination in the proper sections of the site and just post generial news that might be of interest to others there for all to see. Every one here is aware that Avination exists and that i prefer that grid. Since thats where i am im most likely to talk about what i know and experience and most of tat happens on Avn. im also on OSgrid and SL and a few other places so I talk about them as well. One thing i always though would be useful would be to expand the other worlds section of the forums so that perhaps AVN and IWZ could have there own sections. Perhaps this way they wouldn't bounce heads so much. Neather of them is relay pure Opensim anymore.

Anyways i don't wish to derail this thread any longer with whats essentially another dead horse and i apologize for doing so with this comment due to my name being mentioned in a post.
Yoshiko Fazuku is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:27 PM   #266 (permalink)

OpenSim Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da5id Weatherwax View Post
Then after the merchants meeting when the AVN admins explicitly refused to remove content ripped from a founding AVN member I left, keeping my registration alive only so nobody could steal my name there.
Please elaborate what content this is you are referring to?

In case this is about a car imported by Orcam Zenovka, my then husband, this car was made by Arcadia Asylum, and has been release as Open Source under licensing terms specifically not restricting it to SL only.

This is, honestly, the only case I remember.
Melanie Milland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:49 PM   #267 (permalink)

I have no status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Milland View Post
Please elaborate what content this is you are referring to?

In case this is about a car imported by Orcam Zenovka, my then husband, this car was made by Arcadia Asylum, and has been release as Open Source under licensing terms specifically not restricting it to SL only.

This is, honestly, the only case I remember.
Then you have forgotten the pre-release skins that showed up in AVN and were explicitly called out in 2 consecutive merchants meetings. One of the major factors for me joining AVN was the presence (as a founder) of a major SL skin vendor who I respected, when that same vendor asks you to take down content ripped from their own product line and you refuse, you fail. Bigtime.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 04-26-2012, 09:53 PM   #268 (permalink)
Haggis Wrangler

*SLU Supporter*

Wibble!

Business: .::Poise::. Poses
Quote:
Yeah but no pose balls. Seriously, you ever tried doing the "upside down backwards half-anvil" position without poseballs? It hurts!
Mojo Skytower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #269 (permalink)
ガンバレ日本

*SLU Supporter*

rotisserie compulsive

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 9/29/2007
Business: Culprit
Client: LL beta

In Queso Emergency 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo Skytower View Post
Yeah but no pose balls. Seriously, you ever tried doing the "upside down backwards half-anvil" position without poseballs? It hurts!
i think you forgot the part about you miss your giant woozit popping out the top of the woman's head when you do the upside down backward half-anvil 69
eku Zhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 09:57 PM   #270 (permalink)
Ishtar was a great film.

Serenity Now!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2/15/1878
I called Philip and Chrstano to confirm: Sadly, they officially did close second life. Mainly blame chrstano, but god bless his SEO so that this is immortal.
Taco Rubio is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-26-2012, 10:04 PM   #271 (permalink)

Pleasant Dreams

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/06/2008
Business: All Things Aley!
Client: Singularity 1.8.3

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiko Fazuku View Post
I try and keep my posts about Avination in the proper sections of the site and just post generial news that might be of interest to others there for all to see. Every one here is aware that Avination exists and that i prefer that grid. Since thats where i am im most likely to talk about what i know and experience and most of tat happens on Avn. im also on OSgrid and SL and a few other places so I talk about them as well. One thing i always though would be useful would be to expand the other worlds section of the forums so that perhaps AVN and IWZ could have there own sections. Perhaps this way they wouldn't bounce heads so much. Neather of them is relay pure Opensim anymore.

Anyways i don't wish to derail this thread any longer with whats essentially another dead horse and i apologize for doing so with this comment due to my name being mentioned in a post.
Ironically, the one time I met you it was in osgrid, not avination. Anyways I don't think giving separate grids seperate subforums is a good idea --look at how well that worked on SCII (I think that subforum hasn't had any posts since like 2010 or so?). I think they'd end up going the same way here.
Han Held is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:11 PM   #272 (permalink)

OpenSim Core

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da5id Weatherwax View Post
Then you have forgotten the pre-release skins that showed up in AVN and were explicitly called out in 2 consecutive merchants meetings. One of the major factors for me joining AVN was the presence (as a founder) of a major SL skin vendor who I respected, when that same vendor asks you to take down content ripped from their own product line and you refuse, you fail. Bigtime.
Regarding skins I only remember a hapless Noob who didn't know what is or isn't allowed, and imported a skin he received in SL as a freebie. He didn't know any better, He was educated on Copyright and the skins were removed. He later became a valuable community member and has never reoffended.

I believe to racall that you demanded a peremptory ban on the person without regard to the case and we refused to permanently ban a person for ignorance.

In cases where commercially motivated copybotting can be ruled out we prefer education as the means to groom respectful virtual world citizens.

We do act decisively against people who display a commercial motivation or offend more than once after education.

In this case, as it comes back to me, you came across as extremely biased, demanding we ban this person out of hand despite them simply not knowing what real life copyright means.

I'm sorry if that doesn't meet with your approval, but it certainly satisfies our terms of service in that the offending items were removed immediately and steps to prevent a recurrence were taken.

That particular skin, "King", is not present in Avination now, to our knowledge, nor should it be.
Melanie Milland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #273 (permalink)
Letting It Go

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:

Well, since this has now apparently become the Avination thread of discontent, I will see you all tomorrow.

When, hopefully, SL will be working nicely again because SL rocks, ya'll.
Old 04-26-2012, 10:34 PM   #274 (permalink)

I have no status

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie Milland View Post
Regarding skins I only remember a hapless Noob who didn't know what is or isn't allowed, and imported a skin he received in SL as a freebie. He didn't know any better, He was educated on Copyright and the skins were removed. He later became a valuable community member and has never reoffended.

I believe to racall that you demanded a peremptory ban on the person without regard to the case and we refused to permanently ban a person for ignorance.

In cases where commercially motivated copybotting can be ruled out we prefer education as the means to groom respectful virtual world citizens.

We do act decisively against people who display a commercial motivation or offend more than once after education.

In this case, as it comes back to me, you came across as extremely biased, demanding we ban this person out of hand despite them simply not knowing what real life copyright means.

I'm sorry if that doesn't meet with your approval, but it certainly satisfies our terms of service in that the offending items were removed immediately and steps to prevent a recurrence were taken.

That particular skin, "King", is not present in Avination now, to our knowledge, nor should it be.
ok, I wasnt gonna name anyone, but here you go..

The skins were redgrave's creation, I did not demand a ban but I did vote in favor of one. I believe I was the person who seconded that motion in the second meeting they were mentioned in- I haven't checked my logs, thats just from memory.

I have no knowledge of current avination policies, and no wish to investigate them on my own time, hence my absence from your grid. If your current policy bans users that introduce content ripped from SL, then I applaud it. At the time I was an active avination member I saw no evidence of that and ample evidence to the contrary. If you have changed that stance I, for one, will reconsider my choice to stay away from your grid.
Old 04-26-2012, 11:17 PM   #275 (permalink)
Haggis Wrangler

*SLU Supporter*

Wibble!

Business: .::Poise::. Poses
Quote:
Originally Posted by eku Zhong View Post
i think you forgot the part about you miss your giant woozit popping out the top of the woman's head when you do the upside down backward half-anvil 69
I appreciate your concern Ms ZhongDongSilver, but my giant woozit is just fine as it is, tyvm.
Mojo Skytower is offline   Reply With Quote