Help! Wedding Officiator - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » Help! Wedding Officiator

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 06:22 PM   #1 (permalink)

Question Wedding Officiator

I am a semi-regular poster/regular lurker here, but need to ask a question I don't want traced back to me.

I need a wedding officiator. I've been in SL about 2 years, and have never been to a wedding. I'm probably the most anti-wedding person you can think of.

But, a guy asked me to help him plan a surprise wedding for his SL girlfriend. Only reason I'm doing it is that she is a long-time (10 yrish) pre-SL very good friend of mine.

I've already drug her shopping to help me find wedding dresses she would like so that I could make one for a customer (so the bf could buy it for her).

Now he's asked me to look into an officiator. I KNOW Joe Noob could do this, but I figure some of you probably know SOMEONE who does this. I've looked through search and just *ugh* too many to dig through.

So, any recommendations? Thanks in advance.
Cynical Alt is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 04-04-2012, 06:32 PM   #2 (permalink)

I finally got it all together, but now I forget where I put it.

My Mood:
I could do it as the high priestess of the Church of Little and Cute.

In all seriousness, I don't know anyone.
Zaida Gearbox is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Laughed:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-04-2012, 07:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: February 13, 2006
Business: Samantha's Shirts
Client: Cool VL Viewer 1.26.12

Awards: 1
Best Drama Summary 
I've done a few weddings, but I run a church devoted to Our Lord Philip Linden, and that's reflected in the ceremony. I realize that isn't for most people.
Philip 3:16
For Rosedale so loved the grid, that he rezzed his only begotten Avatar, that whosoever believeth in him shall not crash, but have eternal Second Life.
Samantha Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 04-04-2012, 07:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
nubcake

there otter be a law...

My Mood:
You probably wont like this idea, but seeing as you are such a good friend of hers, and you know her likes and dislikes, I think you should be the officiant.

Sea Warcliffe is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
1 User Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-04-2012, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

I thought about that also, it would be a joke for life that the wedding/marriage hater performed her wedding! I'm usually the one when someone says they're getting married, I'm like "WHYYYYYYYYYY, just live together!!!"
Old 04-04-2012, 07:50 PM   #6 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: February 13, 2006
Business: Samantha's Shirts
Client: Cool VL Viewer 1.26.12

Awards: 1
Best Drama Summary 
In all seriousness, you can use that. "As somebody who has loudly dismissed the entire practice of marriage, you may wonder what I'm doing up here. Goodness knows I've wondered that. But knowing the bride and groom as I do, it's a different story. I have seen the love grow between them, and I know that this means a lot to them. So it brings me great pleasure to be here today as we publicly celebrate their joining in the bonds of wedlock." Or something along those lines.
Samantha Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-04-2012, 07:54 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned

SL Join Date: Jan 2007
A random person grabbed me to officiate a wedding about a month ago. She knew I roleplayed because I had it on my profile and she just wanted somebody to play the part of the priest. I got a cheap preist outfit from the marketplace (which wasn't necessary but I wanted to) and just ran the scene. It was pretty quick, they wrote their own vows. It was hilarious, though, because the girl's vows were 5 or 6 paragraphs and the guy's vows were 3 or 4 lines.

Anyway, if you want somebody to roleplay a wedding ceremony I have the outfit and I've done it once before. I'm an atheist so I can do it for whatever religion you want, just let me know what you want from the scene ahead of time. They used a free wedding chapel. It was a beautiful build. I still have the LM in my inventory, so if you want it shoot me an IM in world. Once you have the costumes just send out some invites and maybe set up a reception with a club owner and you're set. You don't even have to buy the booze in SL. It's pretty simple.
bubblesort is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-04-2012, 08:49 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lies down wif Bunnies

Lurve ta eat them bunnies, bunnies what I lurve ta eat. Bite they little heads off, nibble on they tiny feet.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: July 5, 2006
Client: Dun' compromise mai privacies!
Marriage is for those that get divorced.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathiee View Post
Guess I getting all confused weather you speak for all or not?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ava Glasgow View Post
You would understand these things if you just gave up on this Jesus charade and started worshiping Cthulhu like a sensible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxelf View Post
Overall it would help if marketpoop search didn't suck moose cock through a crazy straw.
Dickie Swansong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 10:48 PM   #9 (permalink)

it's 5 o'clock somewhere

My Mood:
Business: Wedding Lane / WeirWear
Send a message via Skype™ to Monica Weir
Cynical, I sent you a PM.
Monica Weir is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-05-2012, 07:23 AM   #10 (permalink)

Thank you for your replies, both private and here. I've forwarded names/locations to the groom to contact you.

Still not comfortable with doing it myself, because I really would be sitting her rolling my eyes & gagging as I typed. And, she knows I would be doing it also. LOL

I'd rather be a guest, smile and hope for the best for her.
1 User Hugged You:
Old 04-05-2012, 08:07 AM   #11 (permalink)

penguins rule!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/30/2011
Business: Heavenly Estates
Client: Firestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynical Alt View Post
Thank you for your replies, both private and here. I've forwarded names/locations to the groom to contact you.

Still not comfortable with doing it myself, because I really would be sitting her rolling my eyes & gagging as I typed. And, she knows I would be doing it also. LOL

I'd rather be a guest, smile and hope for the best for her.
My advice to you would be to head to the SL version of Vegas and get married by an avatar dressed as Elvis. Well that's my advice.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:12 AM   #12 (permalink)

Maggie, I agree with you.. 'cept the Elvis thing. Just NO! LOL

When I did have a partner, thankfully we were in the same spot re marriage/wedding pomp & stuff. Had done it in RL, and just bleh. If we ever felt like really doing some kind of ceremony, we'd stand on a beach or mountaintop spout off whatever blahblahblah we wanted to say and call it a day.

There are enough other people who enjoy all that, and more power to em. LOL
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-05-2012, 09:13 AM   #13 (permalink)
Orc
Nicole Twigvald

Data Traveller

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2010
Business: Pose Monster
A wedding is an unusual thing to spring on someone. I guess they are already engaged for awhile and just never got around to the weddng part? It's also backwards from the stereotype where the bride is planning everything and the groom is bored and not paying attention. Then again, maybe that's why he needs your help hehe. I don't know anything about finding someone to do that myself, but it looks like you already got some offers so good luck with it!
Old 04-05-2012, 06:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Admiral

***busy***

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November 2006
Client: FireStorm (latest release)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggie View Post
My advice to you would be to head to the SL version of Vegas and get married by an avatar dressed as Elvis. Well that's my advice.
Funny you say that. I used to run a wedding business. I didn't usually officiate but the one time i did was in an Elvis avatar. My favorite wedding though was a lesbian 3-way vampire wedding. I don't think it lasted long but sure was fun to plan it and make the wedding happen.

“The world's male chivalry has perished out, but women are knights-errant to the last; and, if Cervantes had been greater still, he had made his Don a Donna.”
-- Elizabeth Barrett Browning
Amanda Dallin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 07:26 PM   #15 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
What type of ceremony are you looking for? There are people that do them for their group members and there are also professional planners out there too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out.
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
officiator, wedding