JLU and Privacy: Crisis of Infinite Threads - Page 41 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » JLU and Privacy: Crisis of Infinite Threads

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-11-2011, 01:56 PM   #1001 (permalink)
01001100 01001111 0100110

01000011 01101111 01101111 01101100 0100001

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!
YEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ahaha, such a simpleton. It'z so much fun playing jokez on you. I waz only here to see how she waz doing, but I had fun while I waz at it. So long, Sere, au revoir, mon ami! Pleaze dream of moi every night! Oui! ~ Harle

http://leechmouth.deviantart.com/
Darnk Yun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #1002 (permalink)
Flatbread

Ding!

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis Fate View Post
Ironically, being a part of a group called "JLU WIKI OPT-OUT" seems to guarantee you a spot in the wiki. They're clearly not big on reading comprehension.
Rather, they seem to have labelled it an anti-JLU and thus griefer group. One of the VERY few notable mentions on Toasty was that he was a member.

Also, in regards to Cheergirl's post: So basically, this means that

A. LL IS playing favorites with the JLU

or

B. Kalel lied about Baht to make it seem like they had LL support

Also, I am in such a laughing fit right now over GLE.

He's gone from trying to refute points to sidestepping most of the issues and denying everything, claiming he is right, to merely spouting shit at people and going "Just you wait, we'll show you all very soon!" over at SCII. All in under two days it seems.
NotoriousD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 01:57 PM   #1003 (permalink)
̶N̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶P̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶

pet my dead meeroos

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November 2006
Send a message via Skype™ to Atlas Saintlouis
Quote:
I was going to make an account on Second Citizen to yell at GLE, since he's decided that SLU is a hive of scum and villainy but Second Citizen is not for some reason, but I decided instead to paint a brick wall green and yell at that instead. The simulation is very accurate.
GLE is definitely doing a fantastic job over there making the case against the JLU stronger by insulting everyone and discounting any inquiry or criticism with condescending attempts at sarcasm and humor (very outdated attempts too I might add).
Old 09-11-2011, 01:59 PM   #1004 (permalink)
̶N̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶P̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶

pet my dead meeroos

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by CheerGirl Allen View Post
1000 Posts
Rah Rah Rah
Sis Boom Ba
Do you have some kind of fucking alarm that alerts you when it is about to hit 1k or 10k posts? You should buy a lottery ticket
Atlas Saintlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-11-2011, 02:01 PM   #1005 (permalink)
Bimbo Squad******

Silly Cheerleader

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/15/2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Rookstown View Post
Reply and remind them that these users are storing their users' private information off-world and have been doing so since 2006, and (bold this) they discuss it inworld weekly with each other at Justice Island and the surrounding sims. Bring up every ToS violation they have done as a group.

Also, everyone with access to concierge needs to do this. LL needs pressure or they won't do shit. File ARs, too.
I did that when I closed the ticket it was set to
"awaiting customer comments and stasifaction"
Old 09-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #1006 (permalink)
Flatbread

Ding!

My Mood:
So, question:

Should I send a ticket in to LL as well about the RL info gathering the JLU has done as part of pressuring them?
2 Users Like This:
Old 09-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #1007 (permalink)
sounds vaguely familiar

Refreshingly Unconcerned With the Vulgar Exigencies of Veracity

SL Join Date: October 24, 2003
Business: Ko Industries
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas Saintlouis View Post
GLE is definitely doing a fantastic job over there making the case against the JLU stronger by insulting everyone and discounting any inquiry or criticism with condescending attempts at sarcasm and humor (very outdated attempts too I might add).
Yeah, I've noticed that every time GLE posts somewhere defending the JLU, his uncontrollable sanctimonious condescension just makes the JLU look worse and worse. I wonder if Kalel is screaming at him to shut the fuck up, or if they seriously believe that he's a good spokesman for the group.
Artemis Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:06 PM   #1008 (permalink)
A La Monkey Toes

PipoPipoPipo

My Mood:
Wasn't curd added to the JLU?

May be time for a replacement for GLE, eh?
Bunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:10 PM   #1009 (permalink)
Bimbo Squad******

Silly Cheerleader

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/15/2007
Quote:
Yeah, I've noticed that every time GLE posts somewhere defending the JLU, his uncontrollable sanctimonious condescension just makes the JLU look worse and worse. I wonder if Kalel is screaming at him to shut the fuck up, or if they seriously believe that he's a good spokesman for the group.
GLE, aka Greatest Looser Extrodinare

will only reply to a post if he thinks he can divert attention away from THE FACTS. If your post is not based on facts he will glady reply in the hopes to de-rail the threads. However, if you ask him a direct question that has only 1 answer that will make himself, Kalulz or the JLU appear totally guilty as charged he will just ignore it in the hopes you will go away. This in turn just proves they are nothing more then digital nazis!
CheerGirl Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:12 PM   #1010 (permalink)
Banjo tuner!

*SLU Supporter*

is taking names and breakinghearts

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/4/2007
Client: I close my eyes and...
GLE's self righteous statements on this board, the herald, and SC are enough to turn my stomach.

I used to work on the staff of our Attorney General (I did research, nothing exciting) and we had a rule of thumb, the more justifing you have to do, the less justifiable it is. Eventually, when you realize you're arguing a point over and over, and it's not sinking in to your audience, you may have to step back and realize that what you're doing is wrong, and you should STOP doing it.

Especially, if, as the JLU posits, what you're doing is a community service.
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-11-2011, 02:16 PM   #1011 (permalink)

I see what you did there.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/16/2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossposting from CSII
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern Excelsior View Post
JLU had nothing to do with Nikola's suicide. Nikola had left Second Life long before the suicide occurred, so using that death as a political ploy against any Second Life group is a disgusting tactic. You are the one who should be ashamed of yourself.

If you don't know who the Three Stooges are, then you need to turn in your Man Card right now.
Disgusting tactics aren't beyond you, you egotistical fuck. I bet you write notes about your neighbors on napkins when you're having breakfast. I bet you stalked, harassed, and stored the private information of every woman who ever rejected you. I bet that you would stalk and harass your own mother if she weren't keeping careful notes on you, yourself.
New leak. WARNING: HIGHLY OFFENSIVE.

Nikolas Shirakawa - TrollManual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Continued crosspost
Also, that article makes me want to punch you in the mouth, you lying sack of shit. Even Nikolas had the balls to apologize for the shit he did, and you didn't forgive him. Your are a heartless group of griefers, and I hope you get what's coming to you.

Fred Rookstown is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Hugged You:
Old 09-11-2011, 02:17 PM   #1012 (permalink)
sounds vaguely familiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Bikcin View Post
GLE's self righteous statements on this board, the herald, and SC are enough to turn my stomach.

I used to work on the staff of our Attorney General (I did research, nothing exciting) and we had a rule of thumb, the more justifing you have to do, the less justifiable it is. Eventually, when you realize you're arguing a point over and over, and it's not sinking in to your audience, you may have to step back and realize that what you're doing is wrong, and you should STOP doing it.

Especially, if, as the JLU posits, what you're doing is a community service.
Yeah. The JLU seem to justify this by saying that it's only a small minority of people who are demanding justification, and that most of SL actually supports them, even if they have no actual proof of that. GLE actually cited this exact point himself in the Alphaville Herald, which was the start of the infamous "list of dissenters" he put up, citing that there were only some 28 people who were posting frequently against the JLU, and therefore only 28 people had a problem with them, and the rest of SL loved them.

There really only seem to be 3 types of people when it comes to the JLU: Those who don't know who the JLU are, those who don't like the JLU, and those who are members of the JLU.
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-11-2011, 02:23 PM   #1013 (permalink)
̶N̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶P̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶

pet my dead meeroos

My Mood:
Quote:
Eventually, when you realize you're arguing a point over and over, and it's not sinking in to your audience, you may have to step back and realize that what you're doing is wrong, and you should STOP doing it.
Or in GLE's case, start throwing out insults - really lame ones
Atlas Saintlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:24 PM   #1014 (permalink)
ADOLF HEIGHTLER

Louder than god's revolver and twice as shiny!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November, 2007
Business: Darkly Cute
Client: NOT the same one I used yesterday... (<.<)

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Send a message via Yahoo to Imnotgoing Sideways Send a message via Skype™ to Imnotgoing Sideways
I wonder if anyone can back a tip that I got saying that Kalel got a 24 hour suspension about five days ago... Possibly connecting it to Cheergirl's AR against him. (^_^)
Old 09-11-2011, 02:25 PM   #1015 (permalink)
Coin-operated

Quote:
You know what, since this thing broke I've logged on twice. SL just isn't fun with these guys inworld.
Something else that isn't fun now: Movies based on comic book superheroes. That's a big market to poison.

I've never been an especially avid aficionado of the genre, but at the movies this weekend I saw a teaser-trailer for next summer's The Dark Knight Rises, and found myself viscerally revolted by the prospect of a big screen full of superhero.

Before this experience, I really thought trademark infringement was a bit overblown, but seeing -- no, feeling -- my changed perception of the brands thanks to these jerk-offs, DC and Marvel would make a mistake letting it slide.
Qie Niangao is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
3 Users Agreed:
Old 09-11-2011, 02:33 PM   #1016 (permalink)
Flatbread

Ding!

My Mood:
Cheer, I see no Other Inworld Issue choice for a ticket submission.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #1017 (permalink)
syncing with reality

Mixing metaphors, splitting infinitives and dealing with rogue apostrophes

My Mood:
SL Join Date: a while ago
Business: Satiated Desires
Quote:
Originally Posted by Qie Niangao View Post
Something else that isn't fun now: Movies based on comic book superheroes. That's a big market to poison.

I've never been an especially avid aficionado of the genre, but at the movies this weekend I saw a teaser-trailer for next summer's The Dark Knight Rises, and found myself viscerally revolted by the prospect of a big screen full of superhero.

Before this experience, I really thought trademark infringement was a bit overblown, but seeing -- no, feeling -- my changed perception of the brands thanks to these jerk-offs, DC and Marvel would make a mistake letting it slide.
I was on the underground last week and saw posters for a batman exhibition here in london and a new superhero movie that's about to be released, in both instances I had the same revulsion that you experienced. Prior to that I probably wouldn't have even noticed them.
Old 09-11-2011, 02:35 PM   #1018 (permalink)
ADOLF HEIGHTLER

Louder than god's revolver and twice as shiny!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November, 2007
Business: Darkly Cute
Client: NOT the same one I used yesterday... (<.<)

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Send a message via Yahoo to Imnotgoing Sideways Send a message via Skype™ to Imnotgoing Sideways
Having read the article on Nikolas, I can't stand this. Won't be reading for the remainder of the day for the sake of my own peace of mind.

Fuck you.
Imnotgoing Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:36 PM   #1019 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crosspost
Just in case anyone has doubts about the edits:

Revision History of Nikola Shirakawa's Article

The edit from me at the top is from the tool that imported the article and its history to my copy of the wiki.

You're all implicated in this, GLE. You're all equally guilty, and the fact that you only consider a case closed after someone is dead sheds new light on the practices of the JLU and their intent.

They won't stop until someone is dead.
sdfasfasdf
Old 09-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #1020 (permalink)
sounds vaguely familiar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qie Niangao View Post

To be fair, all the JLU did was make you realize what these heroes would be like in real life: paranoid, merciless, insane, quazi-fascists. Batman has proven to be the worst thing for Gotham more than a few times, he rolls around with no accountability, he spies and violates personal privacy, and he uses his immense wealth to fight crime at a bottom level when he could be using it to change things for the better. In Batman Begins, you see what Bruce Wayne's father did for Gotham: build hospitals, set up a tram system, etc. Bruce Wayne blows up the tram system, and is indirectly the cause of hospitals being blown up. In the Dark Knight Returns he literally spies on the entirety of Gotham in order to catch one guy.

The only reason we cheer for these people, is that people like those that are relentlessly confident in their convictions and they do badass things. In Watchmen, Rorschach was one of the most popular characters, even though he was an insane, smelly, neo-conservative fascist, incapable of seeing shades of grey. Batman would have been the same thing in real life.
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-11-2011, 02:39 PM   #1021 (permalink)

Editing my edits

My Mood:
Client: Firestorm
Quote:
Yeah. The JLU seem to justify this by saying that it's only a small minority of people who are demanding justification, and that most of SL actually supports them, even if they have no actual proof of that. GLE actually cited this exact point himself in the Alphaville Herald, which was the start of the infamous "list of dissenters" he put up, citing that there were only some 28 people who were posting frequently against the JLU, and therefore only 28 people had a problem with them, and the rest of SL loved them.

There really only seem to be 3 types of people when it comes to the JLU: Those who don't know who the JLU are, those who don't like the JLU, and those who are members of the JLU.
i think there really is only one way to truly find out hehehe

maybe it's time to inform the rest of the grid just what these kind of police groups use in the name of protecting the community..

as we say on the ranch..you mess with that bull you get the horns and a whole heck of a lot more than ya bargained for..

i don't think those guys in that group or groups would like to see the real numbers that would be showing up for more than just tabbing a vote..

it won't be the bull that's road hard and put up wet..
it will be those few that thought they could ride it..

it'll go something like this hehehe
Ceka Cianci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:46 PM   #1022 (permalink)

My Mood:
The inaction of LL on this is making me consider a class-action lawsuit against them for allowing the JLU to continue to collect information.
1 User Groaned:
Old 09-11-2011, 02:50 PM   #1023 (permalink)
Banjo tuner!

*SLU Supporter*

is taking names and breakinghearts

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/4/2007
Client: I close my eyes and...
Can anyone give me background on Nikolas, I've not heard of him before. The suicide note/announcement is especially troubling, real or not.
Velvet Bikcin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:55 PM   #1024 (permalink)
A La Monkey Toes

PipoPipoPipo

My Mood:
*Frowns*
Bunzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2011, 02:56 PM   #1025 (permalink)
The Wrong Hands

known to wear a tophat

My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryokashi
Quote:
Can anyone give me background on Nikolas, I've not heard of him before. The suicide note/announcement is especially troubling, real or not.
Former JLU member with gender identity issues. She officially changed her name to identify with females and wanted to be referred to only as a female. The gender issues most likely had a pretty good part in her suicide. The JLU responded by referring to her as a male after her death and by joking about the lack of comments on her obituary page. Sick fucks.
[16:30] PiddlesDiddles: ZenMondo, regardless by staying with the group you are responsible for their actions as a whole.
[16:31] ZenMondo Wormser: Then every catholic person is responsible for the priests that molest children? Just making an analogy you can't judge an entire membership because of the actions of a few
[16:32] Sione Lomu: Well fuck yeah if the whole congregation knew the priest was doing it I would blame them. Holy shit you are crazy
Ryokashi is offline   Reply With Quote