JLU Harvesting IP Addresses? - Page 8 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » JLU Harvesting IP Addresses?

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2011, 02:57 PM   #176 (permalink)
Tux
The Wrong Hands

Watching the watchers.

My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to Tux
So I spent some time trying to find out more (and I will blog about this).
I searched the forums here. I found something interesting, in the RedZone thread there is this post:
ZF Redzone, Disclosure of SecondLife Alts.

Cdurd77 runs the JLU partner group Police Department and is a member of the JLU. What wasn't seen back then is the media URL's. Whilst Cdurd77 may have initially had RedZone he soon developed his own system as I pointed out. Moap on pin badges on their uniforms. Flashing of media etc. He has used both sensors and collision.

Anyway, their media URL translated back to: policedepartmentonsl.info

The irony is it was in plain sight, but was mistaken for being part of the RedZone scandal. Below I have listed the servers recommended to be blocked to stop RZ. But there, second from last, is the early DB the JLU and PD was using.
- isellsl.ath.cx
- isellsl.com
- zfire.isellsl.com
- girlsofthevip.com
- hamlinpro.com
- syscast.net
- media.syscast.net
- apache2-blow.port-au-prince.dreamhost.com
- quickware.net
- www.quickware.net
- quickware.zapto.org
- wh0.zapto.org
- m.sparkgap.info
- policedepartmentonsl.info
- sparrowindustries.net

Unfortunately towards the end of June the site was gone. But a simple look found their site had moved to: policedepartmentgroup.org, but without probing a little more I haven't as yet found the URL of the look up page.

It is possible it is now hosted on the JLU's VPS. This would certainly explain why there was an import date of the 21st of June 2011. All previous records being imported seed to have been set to that date. It is the earliest I can find.

The list shows detections up to a few days ago. Which seems to fit.

But it isn't hard enough evidence to put a gag on the JLU (at this point they will just denounce the PD, despite having worked with them for ages).

So I IM'd a member of the JLU asking if he would provide me with the link for the policedepartment thing as I was on an alt and didn't have my b link. He replied with it was policedepartmentonsl.info/slpd/lookupuser2.php?avatar_name=Kalel but it was moved to http://plutonium.kryptonradio.com. I said thanks and chuckled.

However, last night (actually early this morning for me) the content seems to have moved again. It was previously returning a standard linux htaccess login box. Where as now it gives a 401 with a domain admin webpage. I guess the release of the list has caused them to move it again.

So please explain, why the move if nothing of value was lost? or leaked?

If this really has nothing to do with the JLU then are we to believe this is merely a coincidence? The list leak and the server move happening on the same day?

And I would still like a JLU member to confirm if Drone1 resident was Kalel?

Last edited by Tux; 08-18-2011 at 03:11 PM. Reason: fixed the Cdurd77 double member reference
Tux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #177 (permalink)
Spooky Talking Toaster

Spooky eating toast . . . yum yum yum human hand.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 24, 2006
Client: Frestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robble Rubble View Post
So no one seems to care that w-hat, a group that was over a half decade old with over 900 members had everyone kicked out by Kalel?
Just think of the lolcats as an intermission to the geeky sockpuppet-ridden dick-slapping that permeates this thread.

SL easily allows you to accidentally your entire pants. -- Adeon Writer

Last edited by Beezle Warburton; 08-18-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: more vitriol FTW
Beezle Warburton is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-18-2011, 03:01 PM   #178 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qie Niangao View Post
There would be no negative to prove were Phantom Zone open source and all its data fully public from the start
I'm a big fan of open source myself and normally I would agree with you but, an open source security system is no longer secure. Variations would be made that no longer comply with any sort of standard. In addition, even if I were to release 'the code' that would prove nothing. For all the naysayers would know it could be a fake.. and I'm back to proving a negative.
Vagabond Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:03 PM   #179 (permalink)

The only way to verify any system is via Anonymous techniques that expose everything to the world against the will of the system owner. Open source is meaningless.

Since this type activity is illegal I cannot condone nor support it.
Ann Otoole is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-18-2011, 03:04 PM   #180 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond Carter View Post
I'm a big fan of open source myself and normally I would agree with you but, an open source security system is no longer secure.
That's bull.
Code Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:05 PM   #181 (permalink)
Spooky Talking Toaster

Spooky eating toast . . . yum yum yum human hand.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 24, 2006
Client: Frestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vagabond Carter View Post
I'm a big fan of open source myself and normally I would agree with you but, an open source security system is no longer secure.
I think the folks over at DD-WRT would disagree.
Beezle Warburton is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Agreed:
Old 08-18-2011, 03:22 PM   #182 (permalink)

see-oh-neh

Awards: 1
Thank You 
There are only a finite number of methods to make a security system in SL. Everyone knows the LSL functions and that leaves abusing media to perform IP address/http header matching to names.

Anything else is an exploit and as the SL Police I would assume it would be reported to Soft and not used. There is no secret algorithm, you aren't making a virus scanner and don't have access to the host machines.
Sione is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-18-2011, 03:26 PM   #183 (permalink)
Tux
The Wrong Hands

Watching the watchers.

My Mood:
Perhaps Vagabond could answer this: Is Drone1 an alt of Kalel Venkman?

A simple yes or no from you or any of your aliases will do.
Old 08-18-2011, 03:28 PM   #184 (permalink)
Ban Prok

Quote:
So no one seems to care that w-hat, a group that was over a half decade old with over 900 members had everyone kicked out by Kalel?
Of course. In the book "Second life: The official guide" W-hat was mentioned as having "some of the best builds in all of secondlife."

It seems a shame that an "Anti griefer" would destroy a group that was supported enough by the community to be published in SLs official guide.

How can a man claiming to be a good individual harass, lie, and defame so many people. W-hat alone means he harassed 900 people. That doesn't include my 150 members of the ZCR he harassed, everyone tied to that iplog fiasco or countless others that the JLU has gone after.
zip paz is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-18-2011, 03:34 PM   #185 (permalink)
Stuffy Nose Gang

Robble Rabble Rouser Rubble

My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to Robble Rubble
Counting down until Vagabond runs away and starts sockpuppeting with Fenric or DaGummiez.

http://www.sl4.me/?p=370
Robble Rubble is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-18-2011, 04:07 PM   #186 (permalink)
Hive Mind Director

Driver Roll Up The Partition Please

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec 2002
Business: ANOmations
Client: Viewer 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Cristiano Send a message via Skype™ to Cristiano
FYI, further posting any RL info in this thread or links to sites containing it will result in banning. Please report any such links in this thread.

Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 08-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #187 (permalink)
The Wrong Hands

known to wear a tophat

My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryokashi
I didn't see any RL info posted in the thread but I do definitely understand not wanting the site linked here.
Ryokashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #188 (permalink)
Hive Mind Director

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokashi View Post
I didn't see any RL info posted in the thread but I do definitely understand not wanting the site linked here.
Some posts have already been removed.
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 08-18-2011, 04:09 PM   #189 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
sorry Cris, never even crossed my mind when I did the original post thanks for removing it.

Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 08-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #190 (permalink)
resident oversharer

"I have put on a little bit of weight. Because of all the stress."

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 12/20/2007
Business: Montagne Noire
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Astolat Dufaux
I am wary of any group that purports to have the safety of the public in its best interest, yet refuses to engage in transparency when accusations of abuse are leveled at them.
Old 08-18-2011, 04:37 PM   #191 (permalink)
Hive Mind Director

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post
sorry Cris, never even crossed my mind when I did the original post thanks for removing it.
It's ok, Misty - I know your intentions were not malicious. It is some of the other stuff that has popped up I was actually referring to.
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 08-18-2011, 04:40 PM   #192 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astolat Dufaux View Post
I am wary of any group that purports to have the safety of the public in its best interest, yet refuses to engage in transparency when accusations of abuse are leveled at them.
I don't blame you, it only makes them look more suspicious. But I'm not surprised, since this is a group that delves itself in secrets.

Shall we commence the stoning? <_<
Code Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:47 PM   #193 (permalink)
Tea Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

Cherry red lips and sick on her boots

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 26th April 2007

Awards: 1
Best Anglo-Saxon High Horse Reference 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
FYI, further posting any RL info in this thread or links to sites containing it will result in banning. Please report any such links in this thread.
Does posting pictures of peoples houses count?

or maybe where they work ?

Vanguard of the LolCatz Revolution
This Post was financed by The National LolCatz Archives

Clancy Sullivan :Yeah. YEAH! The sultry seamstress of mirth is definitely in charge now.
Certified 7.8 on the Official Non-Arbitrary Trout Algorithmic Slut scale

A public copy of my Second Life Main Grid Survey Database can be found at http://www.gridsurvey.com - Now with added Second Life Incidents !!

Tyche Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 04:51 PM   #194 (permalink)
Ban Prok

what about where they "think" they work?
Old 08-18-2011, 04:57 PM   #195 (permalink)
A Lantern's Lantern

Protecting you from the bad guys

SL Join Date: October 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by zip paz View Post
There were about 5 or 6 people that were hanging around the infohub we were at that we didn't invite to be members because they caused drama. So they got annoyed and told the JLU we were griefers. JLU members came and "spied on us, false reported some of my friends which then got them suspended, and the JLU was constantly used as threats against us."

You personally spied on us while telling other JLU members in some wiki where you were datamining information that our members were spies.
So while you accused us of being spies you were spying on us.

Afterwards you did put that you thought the whole situation was just a popularity contest and a misunderstanding but this was already after the harassment/damage was done and you had put a whole page of just "complete bs" about me and my group into your wiki.
This is an interesting example of how people's memories can change over time, and events can seem totally different than what actually happened. Here is the JLU wiki article I wrote at the time (mid-October, 2009), posted on one of the leaked wiki websites. I copy/pasted a notecard that was given to me, the results of my observations, and the results of my conversation with you. I never saw any misconduct by anyone in that sim, and as a result I never wrote an Abuse Report on anyone. I can't speak for anyone else, but I never heard of any other JLU folks writing ARs on your group either. So if some of your group members were suspended from Second Life, it was probably not as a result of anything we did. I stood right out in the open using my main character's account and chatting with the residents of the sim who had asked for my help. I never accused anyone of spying and I never did any spying myself. If you can find anything malicious or unfair about anything I wrote there, then I will give you a public apology right here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tux View Post
I would like to ask you to answer one simple question (please answer this honestly, I would hate for you to be proven a liar):

- Is/was Drone1 an alt of Kalel?
The honest answer is that I don't know. I never heard of Drone1 Resident until the name was mentioned in this thread. Generally the group members do not inform others of all their alts, probably not for any special security reasons, but just because it's too much information to try to remember, and it's not necessary for everyone to know everyone else's business. If I did know the answer I would say something like "I can't tell you that."
Old 08-18-2011, 05:03 PM   #196 (permalink)
Tux
The Wrong Hands

Watching the watchers.

My Mood:
GLE perhaps you could check your wiki? I don't doubt you guys would have a page listing your alts. I imagine a page of tables of each of your alts. Obviously I don't recommend posting a duplicate of the page, just a yes or no would be nice?

And on a personal note my page could be sent to me in IM

Last edited by Tux; 08-18-2011 at 05:04 PM. Reason: changed griefers to alts
Old 08-18-2011, 05:15 PM   #197 (permalink)
LEMONY CAKE!

Tough times demand tough farts.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 20, 2194
Client: SL Viewer for Commodore 64
Everyone knows that Marvel > DC anyway.

Thor would like, totally pwn Superman in a fight.

*runs and hides now*
Andromeda Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 05:16 PM   #198 (permalink)
Ban Prok

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern Excelsior View Post
I copy/pasted a notecard that was given to me, the results of my observations,
So then this isn't complete bs?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbwiki
This group contains a high number of alts, and a fairly high number of /b/tards, and a number of known griefers, including some of some notoriety.
not true
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dumbwiki
Group founded by Zip PazGroup leader, has build-rights in Nova Albion (via another group he is part of) that he often uses to get at the people the zombies target – repeatedly rezzes ‘zombie’ – related objects to advertise his group and give the impression his group own the public land within the infohub. Usually ends up being ‘reminded’ to remove them by the group that provides those rez-rights as it is against their policy and SL's community standards.. Latest situation of this manner was him rezzing a deliberately square/badly built lamp-post (with floating text) in Sistiana in an attempt to get at the work of one of his targets who had been asked to help on a memorial for the recently deceased Garth Fairchang. Zip replacing a memorial with something mocking it pretty much sums up his attitude/lack of respect for others. Zip’s profile is full of pics aimed at me/others he’s targeted (though no names are mentioned so little can be done about it via the traditional ARing systerm). There are around 130 group members, but a good amount of these are alts of the main players.
Completely untrue and told to you by people who didn't like us.In fact all of the people's names you post as "griefer targets" and allies for you.. we're griefing us. You basically have no facts when you choose to target people, you just go off of someone elses statement no matter how true or false it is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern Excelsior
and the results of my conversation with you. I never saw any misconduct by anyone in that sim, and as a result I never wrote an Abuse Report on anyone. I can't speak for anyone else, but I never heard of any other JLU folks writing ARs on your group either. So if some of your group members were suspended from Second Life, it was probably not as a result of anything we did. I stood right out in the open using my main character's account and chatting with the residents of the sim who had asked for my help. I never accused anyone of spying and I never did any spying myself. If you can find anything malicious or unfair about anything I wrote there, then I will give you a public apology right here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbwiki
I spent about two hours in Miramare talking with Lillith in IM today. One of the zombie alts stood silently nearby for a long time, but finally left. During that time, Rodimal Axon showed up in his Flash uniform, as did mexican Spitteler in his Blue Lantern uniform. I recalled what someone had told me about how the zombies would put out scouts who would send for the other group members when one of their preferred targets showed up somewhere. I would like to think that this zombie scout fired up the zombie group channel and said "Guys, there's no use coming to Miramare today. The peacekeepers are here."
Seems like you accused us of spying there. That was a place we hung out. You came and spied on us and listened to a minority of people who were using you to harass us. My favorite part of this whole wiki is

Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbwiki
I had long chats with Lillith and evo today. They are both very enthusiastic about the prospect of removing the griefers from their infohub
We're not griefers. We never have been. Our group still exists. Who are you to try and remove any of us from an infohub when we did not do anything wrong. You're not Lindens.
1 User Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 08-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #199 (permalink)

Curmudgeon

SL Join Date: 9/25/2005
I've got to get dinner started, and then wrap things up for the night.

But, oh man, this thread...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
I'm not going to go into the circular clusterfuck of doom with you.
Quote:
I'll admit it feels bizarre for me to say this but.... STOP FEEDING THE TROLL
Tengu Yamabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
Old 08-18-2011, 05:21 PM   #200 (permalink)
A Lantern's Lantern

Protecting you from the bad guys

SL Join Date: October 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tux View Post
GLE perhaps you could check your wiki? I don't doubt you guys would have a page listing your alts. I imagine a page of tables of each of your alts. Obviously I don't recommend posting a duplicate of the page, just a yes or no would be nice?
Okay, this is the point where I say "I can't tell you that."
GreenLantern Excelsior is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Groaned:
1 User Hugged You:

Tags
dick wagging, epeen, ip address harvesting, jlu, kryptonians.net, kryptonradio, losers, phantomzone