JLU Harvesting IP Addresses? - Page 298 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » JLU Harvesting IP Addresses?

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 07:55 AM   #7426 (permalink)

I say what I mean and I mean what I say

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokashi View Post
LL used to have a really bad rating with the Better Business Bureau until they had every single negative complaint taken down.
And they are going to have another soon!
2 Users Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
2 Users Like This:
Old 09-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #7427 (permalink)
ADOLF HEIGHTLER

Louder than god's revolver and twice as shiny!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November, 2007
Business: Darkly Cute
Client: NOT the same one I used yesterday... (<.<)
Send a message via Yahoo to Imnotgoing Sideways Send a message via Skype™ to Imnotgoing Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuxette Magic View Post
It seems my account that was on administrative hold, has now been banned....For breaching LL TOS. They have accused me of having sex with a minor??
Okay.....I haven't logged my account in months, and when I do, I play by the rules..........So I ask for proof?
This was my reply:

Not even a signature.

I want proof!!
Why can they not give me the proof.....Because there is none!!
So I will send yet another ticket.

I don't give a flying fuck about SL anymore.....But I will not be banned for something I haven't done!!

Any suggestions????
Persist. (._.)

I was banned like that once. (>_<)

I would suggest against doing half the things I did to push the lab into responding. But I ran alts to IM inworld Lindens and re-opened my support ticket a number of times. Eventually I somewhat got the answer to my question, "What part of my avatar's appearance, demeanor, conversation, location, or activity could have been perceived as sexual-ageplay?" (-_-)

2 Users Hugged You:
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 09-01-2011, 07:58 AM   #7428 (permalink)
Cap'n Motorboat

*SLU Supporter*

Taint-alizer

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Nov 2003
Business: Strokerz Toyz/Strocap/Eros
Send a message via Yahoo to Stroker Serpentine Send a message via Skype™ to Stroker Serpentine
Page 298.. I'm finally caught up!

*PLOMP*
Stroker Serpentine is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 09-01-2011, 07:59 AM   #7429 (permalink)
y u mad tho?

wat

My Mood:
Quote:
Stuff
As requested, I will post your entry.

Quote:
Tuxette Magic
Once partnered to Tux Winkler, Tuxette is Tux's spouse in real life. She is a big opponent of cyberstalking, having been cyberstalked in real life. She even asked Kalel Venkman for help with a cyberstalking problem in 2009, which he gave. She has subpages on her husband's sl4.me domain about it, yet turns the other way when her husband does it. She is known to frequent XXX-rated sims.
She resides with her husband and children in northern England.

2011-01-18 05:51:46 Kalel Venkman Tuxette Magic Tuxetta Cheng is Tuxette Magic's alt. Supporter of Tux Winkler's griefing operations.
2011-01-18 05:50:04 Kalel Venkman Tuxetta Cheng Alt of Tuxette Magic.
2011-01-17 15:41:21 Emiley Tomsen Tuxette Magic Probable alt of Tux Winkler, Listed as a bot in the .DISTURBED. group, founded by Tux.
2010-12-29 04:35:01 Kalel Venkman Tuxette Magic Logs in only sporadically - as of today, last login was Oct 21, 2010.
2010-07-10 15:24:40 Maverick Grunfeld Tuxette Magic Former SL partner of Tux Winkler
2010-07-10 15:24:14 Maverick Grunfeld Tuxette Magic Officer of the JLU WIKI OPT-OUT group.
TheListSL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:05 AM   #7430 (permalink)
bunneh

Location: Maybe the Bay, maybe the UK, maybe somewhere else..
My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2006
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathiee McMillan View Post
Well I enjoy SL alot, even with its faults.
Alot of History
"Separated lovers cheat absence by a thousand fancies which have their own reality. They are prevented from seeing one another and they cannot write; nevertheless they find countless mysterious ways of corresponding, by sending each other the song of birds, the scent of flowers, the laughter of children, the light of the sun, the sighing of the wind, and the gleam of the stars - all the beauties of creation." -- Victor Hugo
Porsupah Ree is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:08 AM   #7431 (permalink)
Account Closed

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 30, 2007
Business: Beach Bunns
Client: Kristens
GASP the horror Tuxette Magic you went to XXX -rated sims say it isn't soooo!!!!!

Seriously look again they are breaking the TOS yet again in their chats by reveling ALTS.

Tuxette please get your case opened again and AR them for ALT disclosure.
Don't let these people chase you from Second Life. I know its annoying that LL just bans for what ever reason. And I would bet money that the JLU ARd you for the sex with a Minor since they Mentioned the XXX sims.

You and Tux are welcome to come to MY Adult rated sim any time.
Cathiee McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:11 AM   #7432 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
Tuxette´s bann is seriously scary and creepy, she hasn´t loged in ages and his banned?
Should i stockpile on meeroo food? I haven´t asked about info on me TheList cause i know until this thread i´m pretty clean on their books, and i don´t have any alts. But seriously this shit is scary.

Elysium Hynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:16 AM   #7433 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Client: Firestorm
I live in an adult sim - I've got interesting neighbors - oh how shocking for me to have such a home.... *snorts*
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:20 AM   #7434 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnotgoing Sideways View Post
Persist. (._.)

I was banned like that once. (>_<)
If they used that excuse with me everyone I know would laugh at an obviously false claim. I do not cyber with anyone.

I have been on the receiving end of an inadvertent ban though (twice) and persistance does pay off. I never found out the complaint but both times they said they were aiming for someone else and hit me instead ... I am guessing they tried IP bans and did not account for things like dynamic IP allocation.

Not that the process was fun. I filed a ticket, waited for awhile, went on live support, and was told my ticket that was not be addressed was in the gteam queue ... and the only way to escalate it was to file a ticket which would also go into the gteam queue. Talk about recursion! I emailed as many lindens that I even had interacted with briefly. Eventually I got my account ban with generic 'we hope it was not an inconvience' wording. Actually, if the timing was wrong and it interrupted one of the events I run in SL it certainly would have been an 'inconvenience'!

Even if you are leaving SL there are probably people who you can only
contact inworld that you want to send a final message (and/or give your contact information) to. Also to either cash out or donate your L$ balance to some worthy cause. Unfortunately your inventory, aside from anything you made yourself, is a lost cause.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out.
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 08:22 AM   #7435 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Once partnered to Tux Winkler
- I was never partered to Tux or anyone else in SL.
Quote:
She is a big opponent of cyberstalking
- I still am VERY ANTI-BULLYING! I had my own site for reporting bullying and having personal information removed from social networking sites.
Quote:
She even asked Kalel Venkman for help with a cyberstalking problem in 2009
- Kalel's name was passed to me from someone called something like, Kricket.
I am still yet to see how you helped me Kalel??????
I was also in contact with Teeple Linden about me and my friends being bullied in SL.
And he is full of shit too!!
Nothing was ever done. As a result a lot of my friends and I sold our land and only logged in fom time to time.

Am I Tux's wife or his Alt? Make your fucking mind up Kalel!!!

Quote:
She is known to frequent XXX-rated sims.
- News to me!!
Quote:
She resides with her husband and children in northern England.
- And my children have fuck all to do with any of this...So remove this bullshit Kalel?
Quote:
2010-12-29 04:35:01 Kalel Venkman Tuxette Magic Logs in only sporadically - as of today, last login was Oct 21, 2010.
- No shit sherlock!!
Quote:
Tuxette Magic Officer of the JLU WIKI OPT-OUT group.
- So remove the shit about me!!

Last edited by Tuxette Magic; 09-01-2011 at 08:29 AM.
Tuxette Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:29 AM   #7436 (permalink)
Coin-operated

Quote:
GASP the horror Tuxette Magic you went to XXX -rated sims say it isn't soooo!!!!!

Seriously look again they are breaking the TOS yet again in their chats by reveling ALTS.

Tuxette please get your case opened again and AR them for ALT disclosure...
Careful. The quoted chat all came from prior to alt-disclosure being against the ToS, which didn't happen until... March at the earliest.

It very well may be that they've referenced that specific wiki information in-world since then, which would be a violation, but I don't know that there's evidence of that.

There does seem to be evidence of RL disclosure here, though, which has always been a violation.
Qie Niangao is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:32 AM   #7437 (permalink)
Account Closed

My Mood:
Qie,
ALt disclosure was always against the TOS. Lindens just revamped the wording better to make it more specific since the Redzone IP issue.
3 Users Agreed:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:34 AM   #7438 (permalink)

My Mood:
At this time i advise everyone to be really careful with what you do inworld, do not associate with any group anti-JLU, report yourself and break of the TOS, right away if you see it.

Word very carefully every word in open chat or group chat, don´t make yourself a target of their AR parties. I feel so sad to have to say this, no one should have to worry about their group afiliations like this.
1 User Hugged You:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:43 AM   #7439 (permalink)

My Mood:
Thanks for the help and advice from everyone here today
I will look into taking this further.
Tuxette Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
4 Users Hugged You:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:45 AM   #7440 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Thanks for the help and advice from everyone here today
I will look into taking this further.
Do not let them win this, fight for your account please.
Old 09-01-2011, 08:46 AM   #7441 (permalink)
Account Closed

My Mood:
Quote:
At this time i advise everyone to be really careful with what you do inworld, do not associate with any group anti-JLU, report yourself and break of the TOS, right away if you see it.

Word very carefully every word in open chat or group chat, don´t make yourself a target of their AR parties. I feel so sad to have to say this, no one should have to worry about their group afiliations like this.
This is why when i even talk to Zen in green zone i don't cut and paste stuff in here. Or paste direct info from here to the group chat. For fear of them doing something. I will paste the link to the page i want someone to read. I will not directly accuse them of anything in sl. If the JLU wishes to answer questions in a chat that is their choice I am not forcing them to do it.

I don't have them banned in any of my sims. I am not hiding anything. They really have no business to come into my sims. Unless Ka'el would like a Bikini. or want to go to an xxx-rated sim LOL.
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:52 AM   #7442 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
...Unless Ka'el would like a Bikini. or want to go to an xxx-rated sim LOL.
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:56 AM   #7443 (permalink)
Mommy Made Me Commie

Accept (no copy).

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 2007
Business: Kerfuffle & Marx Mode
Quote:
I don't give a flying fuck about SL anymore.....But I will not be banned for something I haven't done!!

Any suggestions????
A lawyer?
Marx Dudek is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Disagreed:
Old 09-01-2011, 08:57 AM   #7444 (permalink)
The Pink Hands
Not 3 Laws Safe

My Mood:
SL Join Date: July 2007
Client: Imprudence
Proof of the JLU's incompetence as intelligence gatherers.

This is my entry in their bocks of fail.

Quote:
Senban Babii JLU WIKI OPT-OUT 2011/04/21 A vocal detractor of the JLU in the Alphaville Herald, she is also not very active in SL. She is also a reporter for the Alphaville Herald, and a Bloodlines player (as is Tux Winkler).
Let's see how they did.

Quote:
Senban Babii
Doing well so far!

Quote:
JLU WIKI OPT-OUT
Oh dear, and they were doing so well. So they acknowledge I joined the JLU WIki Opt Out group inworld (I think I'm still a member, I forget) and yet they list me in their wiki. Now I joined that group when it was opened, as soon as I heard about it, so they can't claim the entry was made before I joined.

Quote:
2011/04/21
Not *entirely* sure what this date relates to but at the very least it shows they were actively updating my entry at least that recently.

Quote:
A vocal detractor of the JLU in the Alphaville Herald,
Yes, that's me alright! I was doing it just this morning in fact.

Quote:
she is also not very active in SL.
Finally someone believes me about that! But it's interesting that they state it as fact rather than say "she claims she is not very active in SL". Does that mean they checked on group memberships to see when I was last logged in? Are they somehow monitoring me with evil scripts?

Quote:
She is also a reporter for the Alphaville Herald,
Haven't written anything for the AH for about a year and don't plan to again. But even so, you'd think they'd at least put "former reporter" to get their intelligence accurate? Hell I even talked about that fact publicly at the last Post 6 party I attended when we know they had secret agents in the room. You'd think they'd get their information right? But as we shall see in a moment, this is not the case.

Quote:
and a Bloodlines player (as is Tux Winkler).
Well first off, I can't speak for Tux. I've never met him or spoken to him that I recall. However the fact a tenuous link is drawn between us by the JLU in their wiki clearly shows they try to create connections where none exist so as to decry people as griefers by association or whatever.

But me? A Bloodlines player? Now remember, these people, our mighty JLU claim to be investigators that report and AR based on the facts. Yet in my case, when compiling their wiki, they never even bothered to look at my profile pages which I believe is taught on day one of Intelligence Gathering 101.....

That profile pick has been there since at least 16th January 2011. I was considering closing my SL account and wanted screengrabs of my profile pages for posterity. But that profile pick has been there a damn sight longer than that, probably late 2009, possibly earlier? I was forced to create it after I had a problem with someone inworld. They added me to the Bloodlines database without my permission (and I never accepted a bite request). I contacted the Bloodlines people and asked them what the hell was going on after loads of vampire roleplayers kept spouting their crap at me and telling me I was listed on their database of players. They confirmed who had added me and I confirmed how I knew this person and that they'd done it maliciously, using chatlogs to back it up. The Bloodlines people refused to remove my entry regardless, forcing me to create that profile pick. Now okay, the JLU wouldn't have known that background information but to list me as a Bloodlines player when my actual profile blatantly denounced them shows an amazing lack of skill at even the most basic intelligence gathering,don't you think? And if they can get such basic information wrong, it calls into question just how much of their wiki is even remotely accurate.
“Senban Babii personage 2010-07-10 15:26:31″

"You are an apologist for criminals and a notorious one" - Prokofy Neva

(Crazy Cat Lady) is always surrounded by a large number of cats, and in every appearance she screams gibberish and/or throws cats at passersby.
Senban Babii is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #7445 (permalink)
Mommy Made Me Commie

Accept (no copy).

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 2007
Business: Kerfuffle & Marx Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by livia View Post
Please file a complaint with the Better Business Bureau.
Hey, Linden Lab used to have an F rating, now they're A+? Did they get bought out by Standard & Poors or something?
Marx Dudek is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Laughed:
Old 09-01-2011, 09:04 AM   #7446 (permalink)
y u mad tho?

wat

My Mood:
I am sure that I'm not the only one who is still waiting on JLU to give an explanation for the gathering of RL info and datamining. The dodging of certain questions is hilarious.

TheListSL is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Laughed:
Old 09-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #7447 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fred Rookstown View Post
You do realize that the JLU's credibility went right out the fucking window when they started doing "black ops" shit with full-perm prims, right? I have to mention this since you are the only person here concerned with credibility in a video game.
I don't have any confirmation of this allegation.

Meanwhile, you yourself are banned permanently from SL for your role in the PNs, was it?

So I wouldn't go on and on about "credibility" if I were you.
Prokofy Neva is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Groaned:
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Hugged You:
Old 09-01-2011, 09:07 AM   #7448 (permalink)
The Pink Hands
Not 3 Laws Safe

My Mood:
SL Join Date: July 2007
Client: Imprudence
Oh for crying out loud, who woke her up?
Senban Babii is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-01-2011, 09:08 AM   #7449 (permalink)
Now with 40% more Awesome

*SLU Supporter*

We can't stop here. This is bat country

My Mood:
Client: Tenacious - V
Seems to me, as a casual observer, that the lame-iac wiki (aka Tardapedia) is suffering from what the Web itself has suffered from since it's inception.

'GIGO'

or 'Garbage in - Gospel out'
Old 09-01-2011, 09:13 AM   #7450 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*

Unedited

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Senban Babii View Post
Oh for crying out loud, who woke her up?
Someone said Prokofy three times in front of a bathroom mirror with the lights off.
Joshua Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:

Tags
dick wagging, epeen, ip address harvesting, jlu, kryptonians.net, kryptonradio, losers, phantomzone