JLU Harvesting IP Addresses? - Page 18 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » JLU Harvesting IP Addresses?

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-19-2011, 03:18 PM   #426 (permalink)
Spooky Talking Toaster

Spooky eating toast . . . yum yum yum human hand.

SL Join Date: October 24, 2006
Client: Frestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nebula View Post
That would be nice and if phantom zone does not harvest ip's then why not show some source to it? Its not like a scan tool wont scan if people see it. I just really don't care too much to read more of this

TLDR: JLU hates woodbury and WU enjoys making lolz by wasting time to troll ejustice spandex peoples.
You left out W-Hat.

SL easily allows you to accidentally your entire pants. -- Adeon Writer

Let me avow you one object that you meliorate pound into your skull pearl: Metric Release PILLS ARE Bastard! -- Some Spammer
Beezle Warburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:20 PM   #427 (permalink)
2つの文化の間立ち往生

*SLU Supporter*

Rock On!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jan. 2008
Business: K-10
oh found out the real reason GLE liked to model after Hal!

Kirari Kujisawa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:37 PM   #428 (permalink)
Is eating your shoes.

Nom

Business: Blue Moons
Naiki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:51 PM   #429 (permalink)

see-oh-neh

Awards: 1
Thank You 
What I want to know is of all the things you can name a product, why name it something very similar to RZ if it is nothing like it.

Lack of originality? Intentional controversy?
Sione is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 03:54 PM   #430 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sione View Post
What I want to know is of all the things you can name a product, why name it something very similar to RZ if it is nothing like it.

Phantom Zone - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A bit of both.
Code Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #431 (permalink)
ADOLF HEIGHTLER

Louder than god's revolver and twice as shiny!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November, 2007
Business: Darkly Cute
Client: NOT the same one I used yesterday... (<.<)
Send a message via Yahoo to Imnotgoing Sideways Send a message via Skype™ to Imnotgoing Sideways
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stroker Serpentine View Post
Would you believe thats whats holding up the tech Immy? Someone did exactly that and now megacorp patent firm sues anyone who google highlights w/their keywords.
Yeah. The 'fun' way to make money. Patent squatting. It's the new age replacement for jumping in front of cars to get the insurance. DX
Old 08-19-2011, 04:10 PM   #432 (permalink)

hmmm comic book fetishes, kiddie playgrounds, lord of the flies behavior.

such a boost to SL.

This sort of crap is why SL is to resumes as R9 repos are to credit reports.
Ann Otoole is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
3 Users Agreed:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:16 PM   #433 (permalink)
Account Closed
so much for status

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2/8/2008
Client: Phoenix, Exodus
Anybody mention the ol' PN yet?
Sonja Aeghin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:31 PM   #434 (permalink)
y u mad tho?

wat

My Mood:
We just received the following, it will go some way to proving the wrongdoings of the JLU.

Removed link

Last edited by Cristiano; 08-21-2011 at 04:17 AM. Reason: Removed link to rl info
TheListSL is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #435 (permalink)
The Wrong Hands

known to wear a tophat

My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryokashi
Quote:
End of W-Hat:
On May 17, 2011, Masakazu Kojima the sole owner of W-Hat, was banned from Second Life, leaving the group without an owner. Officers in the group managed to invite members of The Wrong Hands, who quickly overran the group. Kalel Venkman was invited to be an officer, as was GreenLantern Excelsior - both left the group immediately, but Kalel managed to get an alt named Drone1 Resident installed as officer. Drone1 waited about a week, then purged the group of slightly over 880 members, leaving only officers. The group now contains only officers, and Drone1 is still in the group and cannot be removed by other officers. The group remains useful as a means of quickly identifying miscreants and ne'er-do-wells, and Wrong Hands members in specific. It is not known how many of the officers are simply alt accounts of others, but 30% would be a fair estimate.
Ahahaha, holy shit! So much for trying to deny taking the law into your own hands!! And GLE, what happened to not knowing about this? It's pretty clear from this that you did!
Ryokashi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #436 (permalink)
y u mad tho?

wat

My Mood:
In case you would rather stay here than go read it elsewhere:-

We recently received this and found it to be very VERY interesting. You wanted proof, here's your proof.

I am a member of the justice league
I have leaked information
This will be my only post
Its all true
Kalel is a disgrace to peacekeepers everywhere

http://i.imgur.com/0R3CD.png
http://i.imgur.com/9GziS.png
http://i.imgur.com/OVaio.png

End of W-Hat:
On May 17, 2011, Masakazu Kojima the sole owner of W-Hat, was banned from Second Life, leaving the group without an owner. Officers in the group managed to invite members of The Wrong Hands, who quickly overran the group. Kalel Venkman was invited to be an officer, as was GreenLantern Excelsior - both left the group immediately, but Kalel managed to get an alt named Drone1 Resident installed as officer. Drone1 waited about a week, then purged the group of slightly over 880 members, leaving only officers. The group now contains only officers, and Drone1 is still in the group and cannot be removed by other officers. The group remains useful as a means of quickly identifying miscreants and ne'er-do-wells, and Wrong Hands members in specific. It is not known how many of the officers are simply alt accounts of others, but 30% would be a fair estimate.

Phantom Zone page:
A prism detects an avatar and transmits the avatar name and UUID to the base station. The base station uses the UUID to gather more information about the avatar itself. The base station, functioning as a HTTP-in server, first calculates a unique hash code based on the avatar's detected properties and a pass phrase known only to the base station, generated at random. The base station then forces the avatar to access its URL, appending the hash code to the URL so that it comes back as a parameter. That allows the base station to collect other information about the avatar that cannot be obtained by LSL alone, including the IP address being used. As one of the ingredients in the production of the hash code would be time, the hash code is guaranteed to be unique from one detection to the next, making it impossible to predict (or synthesize).
The base station then relays all the information gathered about the avatar and relays it to the Phantom Zone server, but only if the correct hash code is received. The unique hash code protects the base station from receiving spoofed identify packets. Packets that do not carry the correct hash code are simply discarded.
The transmitted data would contain the following information about the given avatar:
Avatar DOB (in SL terms, the inception date of the account)
Avatar Height (griefers don't plan on being able to keep an avatar more than a few hours, and so usually don't bother such refinements as adjusting avatar height - a default avatar height therefore is a valid marker either of an inexperienced player or a throwaway account.)
Name of client being used
Version of client being used
Name of operating system being used
Version of operating system being used
An encrypted hash of the IP address used by the client
The use of in-world HTTP-in servers precludes the use of cookies to establish a 100% certainty that a given machine is being used by a given avatar, as cookies are not supported by LSL. We sacrifice a certain amount of accuracy by using the in-world servers to firewall our system.

History of The Justice League:
October saw the integration of the Brainiac database and the **Police Department**'s alt detection system, much to the dismay of some of the members of the League
Also in February on the 25th, Linden Lab changed the Community Standards to make revealing of alternate accounts to others without the consent of the owner into a violation of the Terms of Service as "Disclosure". Brainiac was modified to make it ToS-compliant when accessing records in-world, though the information remains intact in our database and can still be accessed outside of Second Life from the web interface built into the BrainiacWiki. I also added a chatroom to the BrainiacWiki so that we could maintain secure communications completely outside of the Linden Lab service. Conversation there, by definition, is not constrained by the Linden Lab end user license agreement or the Terms of Service.

Incident Reports:
2010-10-22 10:37:59 Emiley Tomsen Usurippo Davros Resident Jeanie Zeurra has made claims that resident Usurippo Davros is stalking and defaming her in SL and RL. Complainant alleges Resident Davros uses main and alternate accounts to carry out this harassment, Linden Lab contact information provided to complainant will allow her to follow up on complaint and handle it external to SL, with appropriate RL authorities. Currently no evidence has been presented to investigating officer to confirm these claims, complainant is however listed in PD database as having 20 identified alternate accounts, as tagged by PD alt detection system.
2010-10-22 10:36:46 Emiley Tomsen Jeanie Zeurra Resident Jeanie Zeurra has made claims that resident Usurippo Davros is stalking and defaming her in SL and RL. Complainant alleges Resident Davros uses main and alternate accounts to carry out this harassment, Linden Lab contact information provided to complainant will allow her to follow up on complaint and handle it external to SL, with appropriate RL authorities. Currently no evidence has been presented to investigating officer to confirm these claims, complainant is however listed in PD database as having 20 identified alternate accounts, as tagged by PD alt detection system.

JLU Meeting:
[17:57:00] Chris (cdurd770.halfpint): We're trying to integrate the reporting system to our wiki so we can still utilize our database of alts here.
[17:57:26] Vagabond 'Tony' Carter (vagabond.carter): oddly it doesnt bother PZ at all, even with the proposed eventual link in with alt detection, PZ never was planned to give the alts names, just the option to include them in the ban
[18:02:27] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): It does do a fair job of alt detection
[18:02:27] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): It does do a fair job of alt detection, though - an awful lot of what Red Zone stops is people attempting to jigger the social environment by pretending to be multiple people.
[18:02:53] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): From reading the Red Zone forums, a lot of the people who use it use it for that reason.
[18:03:18] Vagabond 'Tony' Carter (vagabond.carter): Phantom Zone was first, RedZone is frnakly riding out capes... at least I think PhantomZone was first..
[18:03:27] Vagabond 'Tony' Carter (vagabond.carter): our^
[18:03:39] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): It was, but we've been in beta nearly a year.
[18:03:44] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): We wanted to make sure it was rock solid.
[18:03:45] The Dark Knight (maverick.grunfeld): As in multiple roleplayers for example in one area being ran by one person beign a concern?
[18:03:58] Chris (cdurd770.halfpint): Redzone is a flawed system from the get go though. It was doomed from the beginning.
[18:03:59] The Joker (kohaku.owatatsumi): That's really nothing new, bats
[18:04:03] Melanippe of Themiscyra (melanippe.karas): 'Sock puppets'.
[18:04:05] The Joker (kohaku.owatatsumi): Saw it all the time in Toxia.
[18:04:18] The Dark Knight (maverick.grunfeld): Just blows my mind that people even do it.
[18:04:23] The Joker (kohaku.owatatsumi): Hell, one of the factions was largely run by one person and their alts.
[18:26:25] Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior): LightlyToasted Ruben is apparently gone from search
[18:26:32] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): No kidding!
[18:26:37] Hal Jordan (greenlantern.excelsior): He seemed kind of harmless to me
[18:27:03] The Dark Knight (maverick.grunfeld): Apparently he wasn't to somebody out there
[18:27:18] The Joker (kohaku.owatatsumi): Obviously not, if he's gone from Search
[18:27:24] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): That somebody would have been us.
[18:27:45] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): Sometime this afternoon I received a JLU Application from LightlyToasted Ruben.
[18:28:13] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): It was filled out as a joke, and it contained obscene references and was quite defamatory.
[18:28:30] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): We have our suspicions as to who the person was.
[18:28:40] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): But he was in tight with The Wrong Hands and Tux Winkler.
[18:29:08] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): But it was pretty filthy and pretty defamatory.
[18:29:11] The Dark Knight (maverick.grunfeld): I assume an AR was filed? Perhaps that was what killed him?
[18:29:16] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): Anyway, I filed for defamation.
[18:29:50] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): I assumed that there'd be no way he could write something like that and be able to resist showing it off to his friends so that they could have a laugh over it.
[18:30:20] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): So I said in my report that there was probably little chance he wasn't sharing this with others.
[18:30:51] Kal-El (kalel.venkman): I cited the particularly offensive parts in the body of my abuse report, and LightlyToasted is now apparently toast.
Old 08-19-2011, 04:37 PM   #437 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheListSL View Post
We just received the following, it will go some way to proving the wrongdoings of the JLU.
I think I just felt an earthquake.

Last edited by Cristiano; 08-21-2011 at 11:35 AM. Reason: Removed link
Code Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #438 (permalink)
y u mad tho?

wat

My Mood:
JLU Meeting:
[08:56] The Dark Knight [Maverick Grunfeld]: The kicker is it has new alts from WU
[08:56] The Dark Knight [Maverick Grunfeld]: Specifically, Jim Korpov
[08:56] Melanippe of Themiscyra [Melanippe Karas]: That makes less sense than usual.
[08:59] Emiley Tomsen: Related to Tux and LL, I attempted a desperation move and used the JIRA to file an SEC on The Wrong Hands and Tux. Soft Linden closed it after five minutes but he actually responded to my posts on it, finally agreeing to send it to the Support side to find out why they're not acting on solid info.
[09:03] Remote Brainiac Access: Uildiar Kuhn
(73473061-6758-4a67-93fd-c9f3e41a377e)
No recorded roles
Articles: 3075
Article #3075, 2008-08-09 17:43:35 by Kalel Venkman
This entry identifies one or more alts and cannot be displayed or conveyed in-world.
[09:06] Hal Jordan [GreenLantern Excelsior]: We're going to have to start being careful about calling out people's alts. Next time the wiki is stolen it could cause problems
[09:29] The Dark Knight [Maverick Grunfeld]: Fitty Tison is his, err, distant banned cousin
[09:30] The Dark Knight [Maverick Grunfeld]: Since the new rules of the TOS prevent me from saying they're one in the same
[09:30] Remote Brainiac Access: Fitty Tison
(c2b24e41-f6f5-4301-9460-884a01273a3e)
Roles: Known Griefer
Articles: 6822
Article #6822, 2011-02-02 20:59:23 by Maverick Grunfeld
This entry identifies one or more alts and cannot be displayed or conveyed in-world.
[09:31] Kal-El [Kalel Venkman]: Alt of Fitty Tison.
[09:31] Remote Brainiac Access: Article #6915 created.
[09:31] The Dark Knight [Maverick Grunfeld]: FAG, the group, seems to be tied to the WU goons
[09:31] Kal-El [Kalel Venkman]: We can still record this in Brainiac.
[09:31] Kal-El [Kalel Venkman]: We just can't retrieve it.
[09:32] Kal-El [Kalel Venkman]: Not in-world, anyway.
[09:32] Hal Jordan [GreenLantern Excelsior]: Can we add people to B on the website? That would be the safest way.
[09:32] Kal-El [Kalel Venkman]: It's still easiest to do that in-world, Hal.
[09:33] Hal Jordan [GreenLantern Excelsior]: I know but that means you have to state inworld that they're an alt...unless you use the private access method.
[09:33] Hal Jordan [GreenLantern Excelsior]: So now that's in the meeting log.
[09:34] Kal-El [Kalel Venkman]: Yes, true, but keep in mind that we've been operating for years this way, and none of us has ever had so much as a suspension over it.
[09:34] Kal-El [Kalel Venkman]: We're discrete.
[09:41] Kal-El [Kalel Venkman]: I also need to fix the PZ nodes so that they rename themselves to 'Object' on installation. A little conversation in the GreenZone Users Group (a group dedicated, apparently, to the destruction of any networked banning system, not just RedZone) showed that their detection devices relied on sensors that checked for the names of installed prims.
[09:41] Kal-El [Kalel Venkman]: This will make PZ invisible to such sensors and protect PZ users from attack by griefer coalitions
Old 08-19-2011, 04:38 PM   #439 (permalink)

Curmudgeon

SL Join Date: 9/25/2005
Quote:

The List SL - JLU Member Confirms Datamining
FINAL PROOF! OBAMA IS THE ANTICHRIST!

Just sayin'.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee Weber View Post
Who would have thought WacoNegraUnpluged Resident would end up being a problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
I'm not going to go into the circular clusterfuck of doom with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robble Rubble View Post
I'll admit it feels bizarre for me to say this but.... STOP FEEDING THE TROLL
Tengu Yamabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #440 (permalink)
The Wrong Hands

known to wear a tophat

My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to Ryokashi
Uh, you realize it has screenshots from their own wiki in there, right?

And that the Landover Baptist site is a parody website.
Ryokashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:40 PM   #441 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Wants *things*

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Old 08-19-2011, 04:42 PM   #442 (permalink)

Curmudgeon

SL Join Date: 9/25/2005
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryokashi View Post
Uh, you realize it has screenshots from their own wiki in there, right?

And that the Landover Baptist site is a parody website.
... and your point is?
Tengu Yamabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:44 PM   #443 (permalink)

see-oh-neh

Thank You 
Quote:
Phantom Zone page:
A prism detects an avatar and transmits the avatar name and UUID to the base station. The base station uses the UUID to gather more information about the avatar itself. The base station, functioning as a HTTP-in server, first calculates a unique hash code based on the avatar's detected properties and a pass phrase known only to the base station, generated at random. The base station then forces the avatar to access its URL, appending the hash code to the URL so that it comes back as a parameter. That allows the base station to collect other information about the avatar that cannot be obtained by LSL alone, including the IP address being used. As one of the ingredients in the production of the hash code would be time, the hash code is guaranteed to be unique from one detection to the next, making it impossible to predict (or synthesize).
The base station then relays all the information gathered about the avatar and relays it to the Phantom Zone server, but only if the correct hash code is received. The unique hash code protects the base station from receiving spoofed identify packets. Packets that do not carry the correct hash code are simply discarded.
The transmitted data would contain the following information about the given avatar:
Avatar DOB (in SL terms, the inception date of the account)
Avatar Height (griefers don't plan on being able to keep an avatar more than a few hours, and so usually don't bother such refinements as adjusting avatar height - a default avatar height therefore is a valid marker either of an inexperienced player or a throwaway account.)
Name of client being used
Version of client being used
Name of operating system being used
Version of operating system being used
An encrypted hash of the IP address used by the client
The use of in-world HTTP-in servers precludes the use of cookies to establish a 100% certainty that a given machine is being used by a given avatar, as cookies are not supported by LSL. We sacrifice a certain amount of accuracy by using the in-world servers to firewall our system.
Oh dear.
1 User Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #444 (permalink)
Tux
The Wrong Hands

Watching the watchers.

My Mood:
Send a message via Skype™ to Tux
Quote:
Originally Posted by Code Slacker View Post
I think I just felt an earthquake.
I think that may have been Kalel shitting a block of Kryptonite!
Tux is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:49 PM   #445 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:

The continuing adventures of plagiarising DC comics?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out.
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:55 PM   #446 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
Quote:
Oh dear.
Sione can you translate that to the masses?

Elysium Hynes is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
Old 08-19-2011, 04:56 PM   #447 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
This will be my only post
Its all true
Looks over to the left. Sees 'posts: 10'. Chuckles at the second line quoted.
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:57 PM   #448 (permalink)
collared, owned, content

OCCUPY

My Mood:
Client: Phoenix
Quote:
Oh dear.
Took the words right out of my mouth. Well guess it's time to start up my inworld information hand out about this like a lot of us were doing with RedZone. Basically let everybody know that there is another alt detector out there and the so called 'good guys' are the ones using it. I'm assuming it's using the same hole that RZ was using to get the information as well.

You know they need a 'group ban' option on land controls....

Find me on Twitter @potosiabonwood
Potosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #449 (permalink)

see-oh-neh

Thank You 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium Hynes View Post
Sione can you translate that to the masses?
Yup.

It's the same as RZ
Old 08-19-2011, 04:59 PM   #450 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
Quote:
Yup.

It's the same as RZ
Thought so just wanted confirmation, my, my why am i not suprised?
Elysium Hynes is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dick wagging, epeen, ip address harvesting, jlu, kryptonians.net, kryptonradio, losers, phantomzone