JLU Harvesting IP Addresses? - Page 103 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » JLU Harvesting IP Addresses?

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2011, 08:21 PM   #2551 (permalink)
Clearly Mad

Fraternizes with Brits

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Aug. 2008
Send a message via Skype™ to Mad Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Velvet Bikcin View Post
this is way too fucking bizarre for me to deal with on any day.
FIFY

"Sometimes, in madness resides genius"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
This has to be some of the stupidest e-peen dick wagging I have ever seen.
My Sadly Neglected Flickr
Mad Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #2552 (permalink)
Banjo tuner!

*SLU Supporter*

is taking names and breakinghearts

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/4/2007
Client: I close my eyes and...
I'm reminded of Zfire boasting about how he was negotiating with the lab.
1 User Likes This:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:22 PM   #2553 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sione View Post
I am watching this GZ chat and I don't think ZM really understands it is not about WH vs JLU. He keeps using "they did this, they did that" as an argument. Nobody cares, that is between them.

People care that personal information has been collected and stored. If the baddies took it then that is even worse.
Oh, Zen is missing a lot of things in that chat. Like whether or not PZ collects IPs stopped being the focus awhile ago. JLU has a track record of collecting data on ppl's RL, so whether they get your IP or not does not really matter if they pretty much dump all the info someone needs for identity theft, RL stalking, or to deny an insurance claim.

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:25 PM   #2554 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
Well i don´t belive what he says about Soft, is just sad seeing his name dragged like that.

Elysium Hynes is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:26 PM   #2555 (permalink)

My Mood:
[17:23] USOMAD: Zen you said Soft (who is not governance) notified the sim owner someones account was hacked, is that right?
[17:24] ZenMondo Wormser: that is my understanding of the situation but it is second hand.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:27 PM   #2556 (permalink)
Banjo tuner!

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Soft doing that would be a major breach of privacy policy. I can't see him risking his job like that. Reading it again, he gives the cryptic "we were made aware..." which I think gives him an out, by parsing his words.
Velvet Bikcin is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:28 PM   #2557 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Soft doing that would be a major breach of privacy policy. I can't see him risking his job like that. Reading it again, he gives the cryptic "we were made aware..." which I think gives him an out, by parsing his words.
Is just him backpeddling now he made it clear it had happened earlier, he finally realized what he said.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #2558 (permalink)
Banjo tuner!

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium Hynes View Post
Is just him backpeddling now he made it clear it had happened earlier, he finally realized what he said.
I see that, now he has the "I was given incorrect information" out. What a putz.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #2559 (permalink)
collared, owned, content

On the dirty side of SL

My Mood:
Well he wasn't exactly a shining light of intellegence over here either. Guess he sticks his foot in his mouth even better inworld.

Find me on Twitter @potosiabonwood
Potosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:32 PM   #2560 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astolat Dufaux View Post
Look, I know you you style yourself as some kind of clever troll, but listen to yourself.

What kind of a person makes fun of people's medical conditions?

I certainly hope you NEVER have to go through what I've been through this last year and a half. Cancer treatment is barbaric.

You are heartless.

The discussion we're having no longer is about Phantom Zone or IP harvesting, and was never about Woodbury or whomever else you're talking about, it is now about this:

Information from the BrainiacWiki, owned by the JLU, has been made public. One of two things happened, depending on whose version of events you believe:

1) the information was leaked by a whistleblower.

If that's the case, it's of concern to every SL citizen that personal RL information is being collected unbeknownst to them and without their consent.

2) the information was hacked.

If that's the case, the concern would be that it was so easy to do so, and that now people's private information (which should NOT have been collected in the first place), is now accessible to anyone, including identity thieves and cyberstalkers.

#2 is what the JLU is currently claiming. Yet they are doing nothing to alert people which they have collected information on that there has been a security breach.

And you think this is funny. Why?

Bingo!

You bit.

Thank You

sorry to hear you struggled with cancer. maybe you should post up your RL name here to keep everything in context; and in that way the JLU can add your bio to the wiki. personally i could care less, but i am glad I struck a nerve without even trying............

(learn to read while you are at it btw, i didnt laugh at anyones medical condition)

And the pretext of this thread has changed. multiple times.
and it will change again. it will also be influenced by the powers that be.
in and outside your little circle (jerk) circus

and to you other bone heads, take this

you will only get one account by me in this *universe*. I need not try to run amuck with countless avatars, much less, try to impersonate any of the paranoid delusions you hold so near & dear to your hearts. that's on you. live with it!

tucky says good night and wonders how many of you crapped your pants when Oprah Winfrey did her last show and left you all in the dust. or more to the point, left you to rant and rave like SL idiots with spandex fixations.
i dont condone the stupid shit behavior on either side of this issue, and i dont believe in superman. but i've seen the spandex obsession on the ground floor of red square and laugh my ass off knowing the true facts that embroiled a bunch of litterbox losers to go on the rage-fest for kalel and the oh-so-naughty justice league. quit being hypocrits or sounding off in favor of the lynch mob without knowing the background of these posers;

there is a good reason the superhereo types are still walking (virtually) amongst the other avatars in SL & why TWH (and the likes) aren't. all these devices, all these methods that are despicable and frowned upon by the TWH cheerleading squad have absolutely nothing to do with why they are absent from the party. OH, but now all of sudden, this matter of *league* indiscretions is so, SO damn important. that has been my point. take note of it. TWH and associated land wasn't erased because of the justice league. that is a spandex fantasy now and that has been the spandex fantasy for an eternity but it doesn't add up.

simple math. algebra much?
The The is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Disagreed:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:33 PM   #2561 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
I see that, now he has the "I was given incorrect information" out. What a putz.
I feel temped to twit Soft asking what´s my acount status and then say nevermind i´ll ask the JLU, but that would be terribly naugthy.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:35 PM   #2562 (permalink)
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by zip paz View Post
Astolat please stop acknowledging that person, it's what they want.

Also I don't think I told you earlier but I'm very happy you survived cancer.

typical zip. not surprised.

STOP IT!
STOP IT!

*stomps their feet, in tantrum rage*
The The is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:38 PM   #2563 (permalink)
collared, owned, content

On the dirty side of SL

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium Hynes View Post
I feel temped to twit Soft asking what´s my acount status and then say nevermind i´ll ask the JLU, but that would be terribly naugthy.
Well he has his contact email listed on his online profile. He may like to know that someone is saying he broke policy and told the JLU this stuff. Maybe somebody could copy what was said and toss it in the email as well.

I've already bugged my Linden for this thread it's somebody else's turn this time.
Potosi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:40 PM   #2564 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potosi View Post
Well he has his contact email listed on his online profile. He may like to know that someone is saying he broke policy and told the JLU this stuff. Maybe somebody could copy what was said and toss it in the email as well.

I've already bugged my Linden for this thread it's somebody else's turn this time.
I don´t know Soft that well i banned him in the banning thread once but wasn´t very sympathetic to his neighours bunnies dying.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #2565 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by The The View Post
(learn to read while you are at it btw, i didnt laugh at anyones medical condition)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The The View Post
that is the beauty of this SL *universe*.

y'all so easily expose both your mental and your medical conditions so freely.
dont stop now. the more the merrier!
talk about freaking medical conditions.
OBSESS much?

keep the medical file open and readable folks.
Nuff said?
Kara Spengler is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:42 PM   #2566 (permalink)
Banjo tuner!

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Potosi View Post

Not just broke policy, broke the law.
Old 08-22-2011, 08:44 PM   #2567 (permalink)
ah said wot?

I am the 1 in 10

My Mood:
Client: CoolVL, Firestorm, IWbeta
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern Excelsior View Post
.... A lady in one of my groups who was pretty much a basic Second Life user was absolutely terrified of alt detection. She had no concept of how it worked, and she didn't oppose it on the grounds that it was an invasion of privacy. She was unable to articulate why she thought it was wrong, but she absolutely did not want to be anywhere near anything that might identify any of her alts. It always intrigued me to wonder what she had going on that she was so afraid to have brought out into the open.

And have you figured it out yet?

paglialite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #2568 (permalink)
̶N̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶P̶e̶r̶s̶o̶n̶

pet my dead meeroos

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November 2006
Send a message via Skype™ to Atlas Saintlouis
Been at work all day, but thankfully not a lot has changed. Just a couple of things I did want to comment on though to expand on a few things for thought:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxelf View Post
I will repeat again- the Lab is supposed to be in charge of mainland. They have long failed at the job of managing it, preferring instead, in an almost Lord of the Flies like fashion, to turn it over to what passes for "resident management." In many cases it became clear to residents that going to the Lab for aid and assistance on what is supposed to be land controlled by them as a matter of course would get them nowhere. It is not surprising that other groups formed to fill that void and that others came to call upon them. The fact that these cape apes are corrupt tinpot douchebags is a separate (yet sadly predictable) issue.

While your point is well taken and I agree with it, this would not be an issue in the first place were the Lab actually managing the damned land they're supposed to control.
I could not agree more - but the JLU think they have a lot more autonomy and control than just that - they actually routinely patrol PRIVATE estates as well with or without the owner's consent. For example, they clearly knew they were not welcome in the Red Square and Revolution sims as I had clearly estate banned their entire membership. They circumvented those bans using alts to further stalk myself and others as their "viable targets." This was ok to them because it was in the name of "justice," as defined by them as if what they think really fucking matters.

It's stalking and makes them no better than a griefer. I'm no innocent, but I certainly do not think that justifies datamining the RL (and SL for that matter) details of other residents against their wishes. Sadly, they still don't realize that is the real issue here and continue to outline things The Wrong Hands and Woodbury have done as if that has any relevance whatsoever to the datamining of other residents...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post
I have no clue where the molestation plays into this other then they later asked "well why didn't you report this?"

IMO...pretty shitty way to ask a question and not needed at all.
As it pertains to this quote, you would have to delve into the mindset of these JLU fuckheads to understand that they actually take their SL gameplay a lot more seriously than you can possibly imagine and far more serious than even is evident in this thread. Someone earlier stated that they justified maintaining the RL details of residents to monitor and/or prevent a griefer attacking them in RL and someone else stated that it was a "flimsy excuse." I agree that it is a flimsy excuse but get this - They honestly believe that. So when he compares the behavior of a griefer to that of molestation by a priest...I think it tells a lot about these people..Their priorities are completely fucked up. I have to say, this is one situation for them where I do not think "ignorance is bliss" will apply.

Last edited by Atlas Saintlouis; 08-22-2011 at 08:47 PM. Reason: double negative typo
Atlas Saintlouis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:52 PM   #2569 (permalink)
Ban Prok

Email back from DC Comics
Hi there,

Thank you for passing this information along to us. I have forwarded your message to the appropriate person for further investigation. We will be in touch if we need any further information from you.

Best,

Carolyn
zip paz is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Hugged You:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:54 PM   #2570 (permalink)
Banjo tuner!

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
1 User Laughed:
Old 08-22-2011, 08:58 PM   #2571 (permalink)

My Mood:
[17:55] ZenMondo Wormser: and what law would that be precisely? Letting someone know of a security threat on their virtual property?
[17:56] Elysium Hynes: no
[17:56] Vergil Hellershanks: depending on who he told, yes.
[17:56] ღㄨღ ʂųgαr ℓℯrαŧiα ღㄨღ: (sugarputty.magic): eeep
[17:56] ღㄨღ ʂųgαr ℓℯrαŧiα ღㄨღ: (sugarputty.magic): I am blonde!!!!
[17:56] Misty Harley: no...telling you about someone elses account status. That may be a breach of his contract with LL directly since they do not speak to anyoen regarding anyone elses status
[17:56] Elysium Hynes: letting a resident know info on another resident accunt
[17:56] ღㄨღ ʂųgαr ℓℯrαŧiα ღㄨღ: (sugarputty.magic): he wasnt in the group list of chaters.. lol
[17:56] Vergil Hellershanks: im sure if he told the owner of the account, it owuld be fine
[17:56] Elysium Hynes: LL unlike the JLU
[17:56] Vergil Hellershanks: but if he stated it to another person, then there is a HUGE problem with that
[17:56] Elysium Hynes: is forced by law to keep all costumer info private
[17:56] Elysium Hynes: if Soft said this
[17:56] USOMAD: Zen has Soft helped you before?
[17:57] Elysium Hynes: he broke privacy and company laws
[17:57] Vergil Hellershanks: hhahaha i just realized that if the JLU becomes the new "g team" godforebid, they would have to adhere to linden company policy too.

He´s so bloody ignorant.
2 Users Laughed:
Old 08-22-2011, 09:03 PM   #2572 (permalink)
Banjo tuner!

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
The phrase "twisting in the wind" keeps running through my head.
1 User Agreed:
Old 08-22-2011, 09:04 PM   #2573 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
this REALLY makes no sense:

[17:08] ZenMondo Wormser: Ok we were made aware that a recruit's second life account had been hacked and that they had placed malicious objects on our sim in their name. The same account that was hacked in second life was also the same account that accessed the leaked pages.
[17:09] Elysium Hynes: made aware by whom?
[17:09] USOMAD: What Ely said ^
[17:09] Misty Harley: and was this account reported to LL for being hacked?
[17:09] ZenMondo Wormser: Soft Linden emailed the sim owner about it.

Seriously, this is just about as screwed up as I can possibly not even comprehend it.

Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:10 PM   #2574 (permalink)
Korpov Herpov Derpov

[18:07] ZenMondo Wormser: OK lets put it this way, if someone had left chat spies on YOUR land wouldn't you want to know who left them so they could be removed?
[18:07] Sienna Nyn: thought we all on same team
[18:07] Misty Harley: you are the one that said he emailed the sim owner, who happened to be a JLU sim owner about an account that was hacked and used to place malicious objects on 'our' sim. That's called 'helping the group' by giving private data about another persons account. (which I still don't understand why that was needed to identify an object(s) for removal.
[18:07] Elysium Hynes: or do you think the lab takes ligthly you acusing one oftheir staff of breaking the law and comaniy´s policies
[18:07] Misty Harley: I have had chat spies left on my land..I used about land function and returned them! I didn't need a Linden to email me!
[18:07] Elysium Hynes: that is not teh problem Zen
[18:08] Economic Engineer: Why would he be doing a random chat spy check on a PRIVATE locked down sim?
[18:08] samuels Aboubakar: Would the lindens tell the average user who owns bugs they found on their land? I don't think so, what makes you guys so special?
[18:08] Elysium Hynes: if someone leaves chat spies in your land you return them period
[18:08] Misty Harley: and then telling the sim owner a persons account was hacked?
[18:08] Elysium Hynes: a Linden doesn´t come over and talks to you
[18:08] USOMAD: Wait the objects was chat spies? How do you know this? You already said Soft said the account was 'hacked' then it was suspended? Was this also from Soft?
18:11] USOMAD: Silence?
[18:11] Misty Harley: ok..let me see if I get this right: JLU owned a sim, their recruits account was hacked. Your claim Zen is that the sim owner (aka JLU) was notified via email by Soft Linden stating the account was hacked and thereby suspended..so you could remove malicious objects (aka chat spies) from your sim. This same account was used to hack the wiki
[18:11] USOMAD: This doesn't add up, just saying
[18:12] USOMAD: The only way the JLU would know chat spies even existed was by a Linden
[18:13] Misty Harley: right and that makes no sense because how would a linden know the hacked account put anything down on anyone's land, let alone JLU's land?
[18:13] ZenMondo Wormser: Misty thats about it. The email said that this account was being driven by a third party and that it had put the sim owner's tenants at risk with the placement of chat spies.
[18:13] USOMAD: I don't believe you Zen
[18:13] ZenMondo Wormser: Lets just say Soft is very good at his job.
Economic Engineer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 09:14 PM   #2575 (permalink)
Clearly Mad

Fraternizes with Brits

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Aug. 2008
Send a message via Skype™ to Mad Mouse
Keep pulling that rope, Zen.
Mad Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dick wagging, epeen, ip address harvesting, jlu, kryptonians.net, kryptonradio, losers, phantomzone