Redzone 2: Electric Boogaloo - Page 140 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » Redzone 2: Electric Boogaloo

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-12-2011, 03:42 PM   #3476 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couldbe Yue View Post
anything like his region map maker you think?
Nope. Better than that. If you have the uuid of a texture, be it a normal one or a sculpt map, you can apply it to a prim using a script. For example, if you drop this into a a normal prim, it will turn into a banana because the uuid is that of the free banana in our inventory libraries:
Code:
{
    state_entry()
    {
      llSetPrimitiveParams([ PRIM_TYPE, PRIM_TYPE_SCULPT, "d962089b-2197-993c-9ec9-4993eb0a95f2", 1]);
      llRemoveInventory(llGetScriptName());
    }

}
Having the uuid is as good as having a full perms copy of the texture itself. And he's now got copies of them all, if he wants to play with them.
Innula Zenovka is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
Old 03-12-2011, 03:43 PM   #3477 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2009
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
I like how he owns a griefer for hire web site, but has in his FAQ there that he opposes copybots. It's nice to know that even griefer-data-mining-account-ninjas have standards.
Mercedes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:45 PM   #3478 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
Nope. Better than that. If you have the uuid of a texture, be it a normal one or a sculpt map, you can apply it to a prim using a script. For example, if you drop this into a a normal prim, it will turn into a banana because the uuid is that of the free banana in our inventory libraries:
Code:
{
    state_entry()
    {
      llSetPrimitiveParams([ PRIM_TYPE, PRIM_TYPE_SCULPT, "d962089b-2197-993c-9ec9-4993eb0a95f2", 1]);
    }

}
Having the uuid is as good as having a full perms copy of the texture itself. And he's now got copies of them all, if he wants to play with them.
This just keeps growing into an even bigger cluster****
Nadia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:46 PM   #3479 (permalink)
I am Legion

Filthy Lucre

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007

Thread Title of the Week 
do we know if anyone else has removed Redzone because of this?
Old 03-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #3480 (permalink)
syncing with reality

Mixing metaphors, splitting infinitives and dealing with rogue apostrophes

My Mood:
SL Join Date: a while ago
Business: Satiated Desires
Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
Code:
{
    state_entry()
    {
    }

}
i suppose it's easier than having to get your hands on the item to rip it by hand. I'm not quite getting the tool of extortion line though. he has the uuids but doesn't know what they are - unless he rezzes them even if he keeps a copy of the script, he'd need the uuids of all the textures and copies of any items in the object to be able to do any serious extortion.

so why keep them separate? surely he'd need the full script if he was going to really use them for extortion?
Originally Posted by Nemo Quisquam View Post
"Sansar: come for the user created 3D content, stay forever in an endless cycle of attachment and disappointment!"

Last edited by Couldbe Yue; 03-12-2011 at 03:49 PM. Reason: can't spell
Couldbe Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:49 PM   #3481 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allison View Post
So given that, is it possible for that script to listen and record chat and IM?
No, it's not. That is, not unless the end user adds something nasty to them, but that wouldn't be zFire's fault, for once.

The scripts it generates are perfectly harmless. It's used as a time-saver by a lot of scripters, we can read the scripts it generates and and we know what the lsl calls do.
Old 03-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #3482 (permalink)
I am your Alt

SL Join Date: 05-12-2006
Business: IPD Designs
Client: Phoenix / Firestorm / Klee S21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercedes View Post
I like how he owns a griefer for hire web site, but has in his FAQ there that he opposes copybots. It's nice to know that even griefer-data-mining-account-ninjas have standards.
His role-model:

Old 03-12-2011, 03:51 PM   #3483 (permalink)
CEO Fallen Angel Designs

sutatS tidE

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Late 2006
Business: Fallen Angel Designs
Client: Firestorm 4
Quote:
i suppose it's easier than having to get your hands on the item to rip it by hand. I'm not quite getting the tool of extortion line though. he has the uuids but doesn't know what they are - unless he rezzes them even if he keeps a copy of the script, he'd need the uuids of all the textures and copies of any items in the object to be able to do any serious extortion.

so why keep them separate? surely he'd need the full script if he was going to really use them for extortion?
Why would he rezz them separately when he's got the UUID for the whole thing... PLUS the script?
Lloyd Newman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #3484 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

Goth when goth was. Also, socially unacceptable.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 13, 2008
Business: Beautiful Freak/Club Gothika/House of Rain/Pale Empress/Cursed Events
Client: Firestorm.
Send a message via AIM to bronxelf Send a message via MSN to bronxelf Send a message via Yahoo to bronxelf Send a message via Skype™ to bronxelf
Quote:

But the UUID of the item itself could and would be enough to convince people who were not technical that they'd been ripped...no?
bronxelf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:52 PM   #3485 (permalink)
Display Name

Re-Twittered

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypatia Callisto View Post
Passwords are useful - you can make small purchases of L$ that maybe someone won't notice right off, or copy more things in their inventory to sell in their sim so they need more "alt protection" services...

oh and ETA... he could handily make them look like a copybotter with multiple alts if they complain over anything at all, because well... he owned the keys to the alt-detection kingdom.
It's trivial to track when people log in or out. He'd know if they were logged out, but one of their alts was in-world instead.
He would know when they are asleep.
So he logs in and lifts textures directly from their Inventory. He can back up their inventory too - to his own backup.

It's so nasty.

LL could take a few of his customers who might be concerned and check the logs to see if 'they' had logged in at times when they definitely would not.

If the feds ever went knocking, they might find a lot of interesting stuff on his machine - whatever about the server.

But...in the famous YouTube, the person that he thought would be most interested in the passwords was Mariana. "What's useful for you.."

So .........
!quit

Last edited by Sling Trebuchet; 03-12-2011 at 03:58 PM.
Sling Trebuchet is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 03-12-2011, 03:53 PM   #3486 (permalink)
CEO Fallen Angel Designs

sutatS tidE

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxelf View Post
But the UUID of the item itself could and would be enough to convince people who were not technical that they'd been ripped...no?
They'd be identical to the original. They WOULD be the original.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 03-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #3487 (permalink)
Voice of (in)sanity

Feed my Addiction

/me dreaming of the day when I see this on isellsl.ath.cx

Mysty Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 03-12-2011, 03:54 PM   #3488 (permalink)

Were someone inclined they could script rez the object and get the sculpt map out of cache and (insert whatever people that do such crap do).
Ann Otoole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:56 PM   #3489 (permalink)
syncing with reality

Mixing metaphors, splitting infinitives and dealing with rogue apostrophes

My Mood:
SL Join Date: a while ago
Business: Satiated Desires
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Newman View Post
Why would he rezz them separately when he's got the UUID for the whole thing... PLUS the script?
nowhere does it indicate he keeps the script and it's likely the script name won't be descriptive enough to be useful - so you tell me what he would use that data for. most copybotted items are fully functioning replicas, with the same names and usually the correct creator iirc

without those it's not worth squat in the pursuit of persuading someone to buy redzone.

if he wanted to use the individual sculpts for something else - all he has is the uuid and the name of the av that gave the details to him. it tells him nothing about the sculpt itself. so why keep the details?
Couldbe Yue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #3490 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Grande Cabalista

Quote:

He does have the full scripts. He'd need to rez some prims and drop the scripts in to see what happens, but then he's got the objects, or at least all the moving parts. He's just noted there on his site how many full perms sculpt maps he's collected with the scripts.
1 User Agreed:
Old 03-12-2011, 03:59 PM   #3491 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

Goth when goth was. Also, socially unacceptable.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 13, 2008
Business: Beautiful Freak/Club Gothika/House of Rain/Pale Empress/Cursed Events
Client: Firestorm.
Send a message via AIM to bronxelf Send a message via MSN to bronxelf Send a message via Yahoo to bronxelf Send a message via Skype™ to bronxelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mysty Saunders View Post
/me dreaming of the day when I see this on isellsl.ath.cx

How IS that domain these days?
bronxelf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 03-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #3492 (permalink)
Display Name

Re-Twittered

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd Newman View Post
They'd be identical to the original. They WOULD be the original.
See my post above.

They would be lifted via the owner account. Then downloaded. They would be new.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:00 PM   #3493 (permalink)
CEO Fallen Angel Designs

sutatS tidE

My Mood:
Quote:
nowhere does it indicate he keeps the script and it's likely the script name won't be descriptive enough to be useful - so you tell me what he would use that data for. most copybotted items are fully functioning replicas, with the same names and usually the correct creator iirc

without those it's not worth squat in the pursuit of persuading someone to buy redzone.

if he wanted to use the individual sculpts for something else - all he has is the uuid and the name of the av that gave the details to him. it tells him nothing about the sculpt itself. so why keep the details?
His web site GENERATES the script... given his compulsive acquisition of every scrap of data he can get his grubby little fingers on, why in the world would you DOUBT he kept it? And how do we KNOW his main script (the only one that IS nomod...) isn't stripping the UUID of every prim it talks to when you're animating it?

He's already proven himself eminently untrustworthy - assuming he WON'T be in this case is a losing game from the start.
Old 03-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #3494 (permalink)
is a pussy.

Laughs and sneers in LOLCat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 8, 2006
Quote:
I think you need to read what his product does. His script IS the script, it handles EVERY parameter, its trivial to copy the script because well, his web service wrote it. He would have it first.

At any rate, its not a copybot. But the person may believe that they were copybotted when they actually were not.

And he saved everything so far that was ever put on his server, why should this be different?

"I suppose so," said Alice.

"Well, then," the Cat went on, "you see, a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

"I call it purring, not growling," said Alice.

"Call it what you like," said the Cat.
Hypatia Callisto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #3495 (permalink)
Voice of (in)sanity

Feed my Addiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxelf View Post
How IS that domain these days?
lol Still down.. dont think its ever coming back up or really care if it does!
Mysty Saunders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:01 PM   #3496 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: February 13, 2006
Business: Samantha's Shirts
Client: Cool VL Viewer 1.26.12

Best Drama Summary 
Quote:
nowhere does it indicate he keeps the script
Given everything else he seems to do, do you really think he'd throw away the scripts?

(I agree that this line of reasoning is far more speculative than most. With that said, he certainly had the means to carry it out, and what we've seen of his personality suggests he had the motive.)
Philip 3:16
For Rosedale so loved the grid, that he rezzed his only begotten Avatar, that whosoever believeth in him shall not crash, but have eternal Second Life.
Samantha Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:03 PM   #3497 (permalink)
Blondzilla

Gett'n jiggly with it!

My Mood:
Client: Phoenix
Geez I leave to watch my daughter's band compete for a day, and I come back to information overload!

I've tried to condense it all as best I can, but I did include a link back to this thread. Too many intelligent people and great info here not to

One Big Blond Moment: zFire's Xue's database hacked- proof made public

Theia's Blog
Theia Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 03-12-2011, 04:06 PM   #3498 (permalink)
Particle Laboratory Elf

Self-appointed Galactic Ambassador of Sol+3

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jan 15 2004
Business: Light Sorcery

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Dammit... stop following for a few days and things blow up.

Wow... So, am I right in guessing that this was his business model?
  1. Harvest 'accidental' passwords from his customers.
  2. Wait for 'perma-ban' hit contracts to come in against his customers.
  3. Log in to SL as the victim via a proxy service.
  4. Buy an extra copy of redzone, animator, and other random crap until victim is broke.
  5. As victim, violate the ToS/CS like crazy. (like by selling brazenly copybotted content)
  6. Collect perma-ban bounty.
  7. Cash out extra revenue from regular products.
  8. Laugh all the way to the bank.
Legal action against this guy is looking more and more necessary.
Jopsy Pendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 03-12-2011, 04:08 PM   #3499 (permalink)
Peeps Tsar

#imalwayswithher

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec 2002
Business: ANOmations
Client: Viewer 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Cristiano Send a message via Skype™ to Cristiano
The biggest question is why the fuck is he not banned, and why has the Redzone product not been removed completely from inventories and from the grid?

Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #3500 (permalink)
Display Name

Re-Twittered

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sling Trebuchet View Post

But...in the famous YouTube, the person that he thought would be most interested in the passwords was Mariana. "What's useful for you.."

So .........
Maybe at this stage, every texture, script and object configuration from those creators has been loded up to Mariana's and other's hard disks..... with a big wide world of grids growing... and SL there to pull in L$ until those worlds grow an economy.