ZF Redzone, Disclosure of SecondLife Alts. - Page 20 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » ZF Redzone, Disclosure of SecondLife Alts.

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledon
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-09-2011, 08:25 PM   #476 (permalink)
Charlie's Angel

*SLU Supporter*

building <3

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 21 Sep 2006
Business: Scarlet Creative
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hapmouche View Post
Been to a couple of my favourite stores by now while sporting the stylish GreenZone HUD.

It's a refreshing surprise to see places that still have faith in their customers - like Curio, Dutch Touch, Tuli, Nonino+Zacca, AtomicBambi, Body Co., Illusory, Mother Goose, Shag Hair, Cova AO, Zaara, Y's House, Elikatira, Fri.Day... also known as additions to the White List.

But yeah, not just Tiny Bird, but also LAP and probably the other stores on Festivale toss out a Redzone alert, as I went there to check if the HUD was working.
<3 AtomicBambi! xx
Old 02-09-2011, 09:00 PM   #477 (permalink)
Cool Second Life Reporter

HOLY MOLY!

My Mood:
Business: The Bot Zone
Client: Snowstorm
For those who have the ZF system, how many avatars\alts are you able to see?
Old 02-09-2011, 09:02 PM   #478 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Lost Linden View Post
I don“t but got checked by someone who did and i“m at 0 like i should, plenty of trouble just being me .
BTW the HUD works up to 96 meters distance, you have to be there to be checked.

Old 02-09-2011, 09:56 PM   #479 (permalink)
state of non-being

*SLU Supporter*

The maple kind?

My Mood:
Client: Firestorm
Quote:
I went and got their demo system for free and it showed that particular av with 3 alts, one of which was mine, one my brother's, and one unknown. It scanned the whole sim, and showed around 10 visitors, several of whom had alts in the list. One had like 5 alts as I recall.
1 User Groaned:
Old 02-09-2011, 10:08 PM   #480 (permalink)

HOLY MOLY!

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amber Guity View Post
I went and got their demo system for free and it showed that particular av with 3 alts, one of which was mine, one my brother's, and one unknown. It scanned the whole sim, and showed around 10 visitors, several of whom had alts in the list. One had like 5 alts as I recall.
Is there a way to retrieve large lists of alts, say hundreds at a time, or thousands? Or is that not possible with the ZF tool?
Old 02-09-2011, 10:21 PM   #481 (permalink)

Quote:
Is there a way to retrieve large lists of alts, say hundreds at a time, or thousands? Or is that not possible with the ZF tool?
from what i understand you have to have traffic over X amount to see alts for any avie not just the ones who come on your land

Quality rigged mesh clothing for Women in standard sizing

http://slurl.com/secondlife/Marsco/76/85/344
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-09-2011, 10:27 PM   #482 (permalink)
Mommy Made Me Commie

Accept (no copy).

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 2007
Business: Kerfuffle & Marx Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eclectic Wingtips View Post
from what i understand you have to have traffic over X amount to see alts for any avie not just the ones who come on your land
Would I say I would be surprised if money were turned down if offered for this "functionality"?
Old 02-10-2011, 12:13 AM   #483 (permalink)
purveyor of filth

Business: Tiny Bird
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hapmouche View Post
But yeah, not just Tiny Bird, but also LAP and probably the other stores on Festivale toss out a Redzone alert, as I went there to check if the HUD was working.
Hi there, I wasn't aware of the controversy surrounding this system, but after reading through this forum I took it down, Festivale (LAP, Tiny Bird, Kari, etc) is now free of anything like it.
2 Users Hugged You:
2 Users Like This:
Old 02-10-2011, 01:07 AM   #484 (permalink)

Editing Status

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Hi there, I wasn't aware of the controversy surrounding this system, but after reading through this forum I took it down, Festivale (LAP, Tiny Bird, Kari, etc) is now free of anything like it.
Welcome to SLU! As someone who is a huge fan of your store, I'm so happy to see this.

And next time I'm in world I'm going to a little more shopping for stuff I may have missed in the past.
Old 02-10-2011, 01:30 AM   #485 (permalink)

HOLY MOLY!

My Mood:
Quote:

Thanks. Do we know what the X amount is?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:43 AM   #486 (permalink)
Superconsumer

My Mood:
Client: Flavor of the week
Is it a "Whitelist" of shops not using Redzone posted somewhere?
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-10-2011, 02:56 AM   #487 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

Goth when goth was. Also, socially unacceptable.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 13, 2008
Business: Beautiful Freak/Club Gothika/House of Rain/Pale Empress/Cursed Events
Client: Firestorm.
Send a message via AIM to bronxelf Send a message via MSN to bronxelf Send a message via Yahoo to bronxelf Send a message via Skype™ to bronxelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marianne Little View Post
Is it a "Whitelist" of shops not using Redzone posted somewhere?

perhaps everyone could chip in and contribute to one as a sticky?
Old 02-10-2011, 02:58 AM   #488 (permalink)
Superconsumer

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronxelf View Post
perhaps everyone could chip in and contribute to one as a sticky?
I read somewhere that the Greenzone device just scan for objects named "Redzone". So a list would not be 100% correct if it's only us posting on it. The sim owners would have to confirm they don't use it. Because they can put the scripts from Redzone in whatever named object. Am I correct?
Old 02-10-2011, 03:02 AM   #489 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Send a message via AIM to bronxelf Send a message via MSN to bronxelf Send a message via Yahoo to bronxelf Send a message via Skype™ to bronxelf
Quote:
I read somewhere that the Greenzone device just scan for objects named "Redzone". So a list would not be 100% correct if it's only us posting on it. The sim owners would have to confirm they don't use it. Because they can put the scripts from Redzone in whatever named object. Am I correct?

well you gotta start somewhere and there's a number of sim owners here already.
Old 02-10-2011, 03:10 AM   #490 (permalink)
Superconsumer

My Mood:
It is really like a war.
Quote:
ADVERT FOR GREENZONE - Written by amandaiskast on the Redzone forum - "Ok I did some testing on this. I got the greenzone hud which they seem to be selling for free. I then renamed my zf Redzone to A random name and worse the hud it still picked up up. I then tped down 2000 meters away from it and logged in and out it still picked it up redzone. I then made a objected put all the redzone scripts and objects in it and took off the hud and put it and and it still detected it. So what do we do now?"

5th February - Make sure you upgrade to Greenzone 2.1 as it overrides RedZone's so called Stealth Mode
I read this just now. GreenZone It sounds promising?
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 02-10-2011, 03:22 AM   #491 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Wants *things*

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Theia Magic has a lengthy personal list posted here: One Big Blond Moment: My Favorite non-RedZone Stores

Vesta and I don't use it at the main Something Spunky stores, and if anyone comes across it at any of our mall outlets, please let me know by IM here or in world.
Old 02-10-2011, 04:02 AM   #492 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
I can say that it is not anywhere on Dark Eternity, Cursed or Event Horizon. (and if anyone finds any evidence of it there please tell me.)
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 02-10-2011, 04:28 AM   #493 (permalink)

<--- definately aint at my store

/me wants a redzone ejector instead
2 Users Said Yay!:
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 02-10-2011, 04:58 AM   #494 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Awards: 1
Guinea Pig 
Quote:
I got the demo after Eclectic Wingtips mentioned it, and had the same results as her. None of my alts were listed even though they were on the same parcel, but I did have media turned off. A couple of RL friends were detected as alts of each other, but we expected that because they frequently stay at each others houses and use each other's computers. Somebody passed through the sandbox where I rezzed it and they had dozens of alts. A little profile surfing suggested they didn't have acute multiple personality disorder at all, but were all attending the same college (perhaps logging in from the same hall of residence or something? I'm not sure but that would do it).

Of course, getting the demo resulted in my IP address being submitted to this guy's database, but I don't really care. I have nothing to hide... but that's not really the point. If I want to create an alt for doing things privately (whether that's building on my own land without being hassled, or... say... exploring a side of myself that I don't really want other people knowing about), I should be able to do so without fear of some asshat linking the accounts together without my consent or knowledge.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:01 AM   #495 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Guinea Pig 
Quote:
They're all listed but the bigger lists fall out of the browser window because the creator's web programming is crappy. It's possible to see all the names by right clicking the list in Chrome and selecting 'Inspect Element'.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:03 AM   #496 (permalink)

My Mood:
We do not use RedZone in our store, Fort Serenity Waterfalls, or any of our other sims Wiladma Island and Fort Serenity 2. Please let us know if you find anyone using the RedZone HUD there.

I can't believe that LL let this thing keep operating. To sell it as a HUD negates any claim they may have that it is for store owners to keep copybots out.
Old 02-10-2011, 05:06 AM   #497 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
They're all listed but the bigger lists fall out of the browser window because the creator's web programming is crappy. It's possible to see all the names by right clicking the list in Chrome and selecting 'Inspect Element'.
hmmm i couldnt find the functionality to find anyone's name who *I* personally hadnt scanned? maybe im missing something
Old 02-10-2011, 05:09 AM   #498 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Guinea Pig 
Quote:
hmmm i couldnt find the functionality to find anyone's name who *I* personally hadnt scanned? maybe im missing something
Oh sorry, maybe I misread the question.

Quote:
"Is there a way to retrieve large lists of alts, say hundreds at a time, or thousands?"
I thought LLL was just asking if it provides massive lists of alts. It certainly sends lists of *all* known alts to the browser, regardless of number, but only if one of the avs is detected.

I don't think it lets you find specific avatars. I'm pretty sure you'd have to wear it and enter the same region as the avatar for that info.
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-10-2011, 05:30 AM   #499 (permalink)
Extreme Lurker XXL

*ra...*... ahem?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007ish someday
Client: Firestorm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Hapmouche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Autumn View Post
Gah, damn you, I just finished boxing up your hair and clothes! What a waste of time!
Nah, kidding, except for the boxing part.

Mind me asking, either due to "market research" or just plain old curiosity, what was the reason you got interested in putting up that stuff?

Quote:
GreenZone It sounds promising?
I think it's said in the manual or somewhere on the blog: It doesn't scan for object names, but ... let's say... functions that are typically required for RedZone to work. So it's rather unlikely to fail unless the coder guy completely revamps the way it works. An extremly laggy sim can spoil the scan results as well, but who wants to shop on such a sim anyway?

Plus, if you ever tried object area search in a TPV, you might have noticed that the scanning usually takes a good moment to turn up results. The HUD is surprisingly fast.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innula Zenovka View Post
Theia Magic has a lengthy personal list posted here: One Big Blond Moment: My Favorite non-RedZone Stores
That saves several TPs to check certain places...
Though there are several stores that surprised me in NOT having that spy tool...
Old 02-10-2011, 05:45 AM   #500 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
We don“t get an huge amount of traffic on our garden or station but since we“ve been fetured in the destination guide, we get a few visitors and i can assure anyone going to Meili City like i have tru a group notice that we would never install such a product on our place.
1 User Said Yay!:
2 Users Said Thanks :
Closed Thread