Copybot ban link system in clear and multiple violation of ToS - Page 40 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » Copybot ban link system in clear and multiple violation of ToS

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-27-2010, 05:27 AM   #976 (permalink)
Extreme Lurker XXL

*ra...*... ahem?

SL Join Date: 2007ish someday
Client: Firestorm
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Hapmouche
If you'd ever get an answer from LL, you know what it'll be like?
"Resident to resident conflict, we are not getting involved".
Lil Hapmouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:44 AM   #977 (permalink)
Emergency Mustelid

"And now I'm going to show you something really cool."

The previous is a cybernetic datum published - in direct contravention of DoD Regulation #229RR3X3 - as being conducive to the physical, psychological and/or social well-being of the population.
Argent Stonecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:48 AM   #978 (permalink)
Extreme Lurker XXL

*ra...*... ahem?

Excuse me, your lion is a little over-saturated.
1 User Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-27-2010, 05:53 AM   #979 (permalink)
Banned

SL Join Date: 2006-12-31
Client: Viewer 3
Don't forget to withdraw your money and downgrade to basic membership until the issue is resolved.
Masami Kuramoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 05:57 AM   #980 (permalink)
Rosh, Huntress of Wa Ngao

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Not long enough ago for Skills Hak!
Send a message via Yahoo to Roshina Opaline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couldbe Yue View Post
Don't forget that when you get the confirmation email you can reply to it and add more information - like the claim made that they have the details of one of your other accounts.

Have you also contacted your data protection people in Germany? I strongly suggest you do since you've been directly impacted by their unauthorised collection and storage of data.
Thankyou, Couldbe, I was told by a Mentor group that I can add the more information when they confirm to my email. I will do that.

I am in the United Kingdom so my first place to report is the Office of the Information Commissioner. I am not sure if I can complain to the Federal Information Commissioner of Germany but as I am a EU resident I understand I can pass them information because they comply with the EU Directive. I may also send a direct complaint to the German Host company, if the suggestions are true that the CDS database is stored or mirrored in the account used by Modular Systems for the Emerald Viewer (and also possibly for the Onyx project). This company may wish to investigate the contents and nature of the data hosted by them and suspend or terminate the accounts if they break their terms and conditions or the Federal Law. It is said that the account holder for Skills Hak is a UK resident and will be subject to the Data Protection Law of the UK, as possibly is the account holder for Ash Qin. The others, I have no information on their resident countries.

I have asked and asked to be removed from the CDS database. I have been ignored, insulted, mocked, treated like a person with no rights.

They have enough chances to fix this, so now they are reported.

If I am thrown out of Second Life by the Lindens because they are protecting the people of CDS, I will tell all here.

I wish you well

Rosh
Old 05-27-2010, 06:01 AM   #981 (permalink)
Emergency Mustelid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hapmouche View Post
Excuse me, your lion is a little over-saturated.
YOU tell him that. Ferret tells a lion to watch his diet, he's gonna BE his diet.
Argent Stonecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 05-27-2010, 06:02 AM   #982 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lil Hapmouche View Post
If you'd ever get an answer from LL, you know what it'll be like?
"Resident to resident conflict, we are not getting involved".
Well, maybe you are right but this is about Data Protection Laws not just about a dispute between the GEMINI Industries owners and officers, and myself. It is about the possible breaking of rules of data in Germany, the United Kingdom, and the conventions agreed between the EC and the United States about privacy.

If I fail, it will be not that I did not try. And you will know about it here.

I wish you well

Rosh
Roshina Opaline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 06:06 AM   #983 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Masami Kuramoto View Post
Don't forget to withdraw your money and downgrade to basic membership until the issue is resolved.
I was going to upgrade to Premium then this happened. I will not spend money in SL if I am at risk of being banned by the Lindens for daring to question the powerful GEMINI Industries people that are linked to Modular Systems, Emerald Viewer, and to Onyx.

Masami, you inspired me with your discription of how you challenged CDS and showed the people behind it for what they are - cowards and bullies.

I wish you well

Rosh
Old 05-27-2010, 06:09 AM   #984 (permalink)

My Mood:
The Linden reply.

Thu, May 27, 2010 10:46:13 AM
Re: Abuse: E:25315 P:1 |Jungles of Gor| (places using GEMINI Industries CDS) [Harassment > Impeding movement] {Skills Hak} "Multiple violations of ToS and CS by GEMINI Industries"

Thank you for taking the time to submit a Second Life abuse report. If the reported incident violates Second Life's Community Standards or Terms of Service, we will take appropriate action.

What happens next?
If any further information is required, Linden Lab will contact you regarding this incident.

Will Linden Lab follow up with you after the investigation is closed?
Linden Lab examines each abuse incident independently and will not disclose the resolution of abuse/community standards violations with Second Life Residents, except when necessary to introduce a new or amended policy. Linden Lab will not disclose incident details including (but not limited to): identity of the reporter, details of chat logs, resolution of incidents, and/or suspensions/banning of Second Life Residents.

We hope that this will be the last of any unpleasant encounters for you inworld. If you continue to experience problems with a Resident, please file a new inworld abuse report for each new incident and we will investigate each report independently.

To file an abuse report while inworld, select Help > Report Abuse...

For more information on abuse reports, please take a look at our "Guide to Filing an Abuse Report" article or our "Report Abuse" video in the Second Life Knowledge Base: Linden Lab Official:Filing an Abuse Report - Second Life Wiki

Best regards,

Linden Lab
945 Battery Street
San Francisco, CA 94111
www.secondlife.com

EDIT - I have replied with the full report I shared in the earlier post. Rosh

Last edited by Roshina Opaline; 05-27-2010 at 06:24 AM.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:19 AM   #985 (permalink)
syncing with reality

Mixing metaphors, splitting infinitives and dealing with rogue apostrophes

My Mood:
SL Join Date: a while ago
Business: Satiated Desires
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roshina Opaline View Post
Thankyou, Couldbe, I was told by a Mentor group that I can add the more information when they confirm to my email. I will do that.

I am in the United Kingdom so my first place to report is the Office of the Information Commissioner.

Rosh
For some reason I thought you were in Germany. You should only need to make the complaint to the UK office and they should take it from there. Although I would check with them when you do contact them just to make sure.

At a guess I would expect LL to ignore your AR but once the commission get involved then they'll take punitive action against someone.. Knowing their capacity for fuckwittery it will probably be you but hopefully it will be Skills in all her account guises. The chances of them going for zfire since s/he is a solution provider is minimal though.. but if you're feeling kindly you might like to advise the privacy bods of the availability of that one too - just to show CDS isn't a one off but part of a series of applications designed to collect data without authorisation and with the support of LL.
Old 05-27-2010, 06:30 AM   #986 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Couldbe Yue View Post
At a guess I would expect LL to ignore your AR but once the commission get involved then they'll take punitive action against someone.. Knowing their capacity for fuckwittery it will probably be you but hopefully it will be Skills in all her account guises.
Well, first the Lindens will want to act to protect the interests of their business and this is logical. If they do not think there is a problem for them about Data Protection then they will only see if the people named in the AR have broken their ToS and CS. If they decide they have not, or that they contribute more to SL, maybe I will have my account deleted. Or maybe I will just be ignored as you say.

I will share what happens.

Rosh
Old 05-27-2010, 07:11 AM   #987 (permalink)
Shameful Hussy

also comes in Madiera

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 6, 2004
Quote:

There was not enough room for the whole of the report that I will pass to the Lindens, here it is...

I wish to complain that I am being abused in Second Life by the account holders who use the following names - Skills Hak, Ash Qin, Lonely Bluebird, Cinndreia Messmer, Skills

ModularSystems, , GEMINIbot Inventor, LukaStar Mattercaster. These are all listed as the Owners and Officers of the GEMINI Industries group, who are responsible for the Copybot

Defense System (CDS).

SUMMARY

My name is being stored on the CDS database under their control without my agreement. I have made repeated requests for the removal my name but these are denied or ignored.

Because I am on the CDS database I am being automatically ejected and banned when I teleport to land which has the CDS devices installed.
at this point you are ar'ing random group members? a lil bit over the top dont you think and also hypocritical since they did nothing to you. lukastar, cinndreia are both just in charge of rentals in is, and geminibot is a bot. that would be like ar'ing member of your panther group for something you built...doesnt make any sense whatsoever cinn and luka did nothing to you. oh and while you are add it why not ar me too for sticking up for them...and then ar perse for being my friend...and so on and so forth
Meltemi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
2 Users Disagreed:
Old 05-27-2010, 07:32 AM   #988 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meltemi Case View Post
at this point you are ar'ing random group members? a lil bit over the top dont you think and also hypocritical since they did nothing to you. lukastar, cinndreia are both just in charge of rentals in is, and geminibot is a bot. that would be like ar'ing member of your panther group for something you built...doesnt make any sense whatsoever cinn and luka did nothing to you. oh and while you are add it why not ar me too for sticking up for them...and then ar perse for being my friend...and so on and so forth
I named the Owners and Officers of the GEMINI Industries group. This is not random. They have powers to remove names from the CDS database. Some of these are bots, perhaps, some of these are alts, but all belong to Account Holders. If you think this is only a dispute inside SL between residents then you have missed the point. Because the CDS database exists outside of SL, it is subject to the laws of the places it is stored, and so are the Account Holders in RL that control it.

If any of them feel it is unfair to complain, they can contact me and explain exactly how they have no responsibility over the CDS database. If I feel they are trust-worthy and speak honourably, I may withdraw them from my complaint. While they remain part of the controlling group that manages CDS and do not show the limits of their control, why should I trust them? They did not trust me when I appealed.

Rosh
2 Users Agreed:
1 User Disagreed:
Old 05-27-2010, 07:34 AM   #989 (permalink)
Extreme Lurker XXL

*ra...*... ahem?

Quote:
at this point you are ar'ing random group members?
No, due to the nature of the report form, she can only AR Skills and mention the names of the others in the details of the report - and I seriously doubt that a random LL team member will scretch the report to the names mentioned in the description, if it should even get more than a "resident to resident conflict".

Secondly, it's not "random group members", but owners and officers, gathering from that report - thus people who represent responsibility for their system.
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-27-2010, 07:34 AM   #990 (permalink)
Shameful Hussy

also comes in Madiera

My Mood:
what makes you think that they have powers to remove names? did they specifically say? just cause they are officers you assume this? or are you just pulling this assumption out of thin air?
1 User Disagreed:
Old 05-27-2010, 07:36 AM   #991 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
what makes you think that they have powers to remove names? did they specifically say? just cause they are officers you assume this? or are you just pulling this assumption out of thin air?
What does it matter to you?

Rosh
Old 05-27-2010, 07:40 AM   #992 (permalink)
Shameful Hussy

also comes in Madiera

My Mood:
who cares what it matters to me i just find it ridiculous that you are just lashing out at whomever simply cause they are in the group....on top of which you never answered my question....so ill repeat it for you...what makes you think they can remove you....did it specifically say anywhere that they can? or are you just assuming such
1 User Disagreed:
Old 05-27-2010, 07:47 AM   #993 (permalink)
Bolshevik telecapitalist

Business: Modular Systems
Fractured Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Disagreed:
Old 05-27-2010, 07:48 AM   #994 (permalink)
Shameful Hussy

also comes in Madiera

My Mood:
rofl frac
Old 05-27-2010, 07:50 AM   #995 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
who cares what it matters to me i just find it ridiculous that you are just lashing out at whomever simply cause they are in the group....on top of which you never answered my question....so ill repeat it for you...what makes you think they can remove you....did it specifically say anywhere that they can? or are you just assuming such
It obviously does matter to you and you appear to know about more about how GEMINI Industries is managed when at first you seem to say I am randomly accusing group members? And you did not immediately see that the names were the Owners and Officers, yet you can tell us what LukaStar and Cinndreia do?

Very interesting change in your knowledge, Meltemi - very interesting.

So to your question. The only official group I can find in SL about CDS is the GEMINI Industries one. The Owners and Officers are listed. They are the public representatives of the CDS and how they manage the sharing of duties is not shown. That is their business...and perhaps yours too?

I have offered to withdraw a name if they contact me and explain how it is not in their power to remove my name. If you know them so well, you can tell them my offer if you wish. They know my contact details.

Rosh
Old 05-27-2010, 07:52 AM   #996 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fractured Crystal View Post
FC! What about our dance! I will find some latex if you like that?

Do you think I look like Ms. Chocolate? Does this make you desire me?

Rosh
Old 05-27-2010, 07:56 AM   #997 (permalink)
Bolshevik telecapitalist

Business: Modular Systems
Quote:
FC! What about our dance! I will find some latex if you like that?

Do you think I look like Ms. Chocolate? Does this make you desire me?

Rosh
Can't you take a hint?

Stop stalking me.
Fractured Crystal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 07:57 AM   #998 (permalink)
Shameful Hussy

also comes in Madiera

My Mood:
Quote:
It obviously does matter to you and you appear to know about more about how GEMINI Industries is managed when at first you seem to say I am randomly accusing group members? And you did not immediately see that the names were the Owners and Officers, yet you can tell us what LukaStar and Cinndreia do?

Very interesting change in your knowledge, Meltemi - very interesting.

So to your question. The only official group I can find in SL about CDS is the GEMINI Industries one. The Owners and Officers are listed. They are the public representatives of the CDS and how they manage the sharing of duties is not shown. That is their business...and perhaps yours too?

I have offered to withdraw a name if they contact me and explain how it is not in their power to remove my name. If you know them so well, you can tell them my offer if you wish. They know my contact details.

Rosh
dont see where i changed knowledge anywhere but lets go down this road...please the delusions are making me laugh

MAYBE JUST MAYBE IM SKILLS ALT or MAYBE IM A SOOPER SEKRET CDS OWNER maybe youll have to ar again and include my name this is priceless continue please, as you are making this more and more ridiculous. Cause ya know, i dont think ive gotten NEARLY enough conspiracy theory ar's on myself yet and i gotta fill my quota. do i look like your secretary? why didnt you ask these folks if they were involved in cds before you just blazed forward and ared em all. or is that too much work for you or were you afraid youd be proven wrong?
1 User Disagreed:
Old 05-27-2010, 08:01 AM   #999 (permalink)
Banned

SL Join Date: 2006-12-31
Client: Viewer 3
Contact information (Ash-Fox)

Traceroute, Ping, Domain Name Server (DNS) Lookup, WHOIS express quickfox.org
Masami Kuramoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 08:02 AM   #1000 (permalink)
Extreme Lurker XXL

*ra...*... ahem?

If I want to watch YouTube videos, I'll visit YouTube, kthxvm...

Quote:
who cares what it matters to me i just find it ridiculous that you are just lashing out at whomever simply cause they are in the group....
Even if you keep repeating it, it's not "random members" or "whomever". That would be the case if she had randomly chosen names from the group members list and ARed them. On the electronical papers, it's still just one AR concerning one avatar (not even person), mentioning other names in the description.
1 User Agreed: