Are we human? Or, are we griefer? - Page 54 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » Are we human? Or, are we griefer?

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
Steampunk Victorian Caledon
Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 03:52 PM   #1326 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2005
Client: Firestorm
Send a message via MSN to bladyblue Send a message via Yahoo to bladyblue Send a message via Skype™ to bladyblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colette Meiji View Post
woodbury is an inflammatory name? where? in Disney World?
I'm not sure you understand what was written.
The invite-only group - Woodbury University - invited in an avatar named niggerflavored coleslaw into the WU group earlier this year. This avatar was used to greif and was deleted from the resident list for creating an inflammatory user name and greifing.

I hope that clears that up for you.
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time... like tears in the rain...Time to die.-Roy Batty
2 Users Groaned:
Old 11-21-2009, 03:55 PM   #1327 (permalink)
"Greifer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladyblue View Post
I'm not sure you understand what was written.
The invite-only group - Woodbury University - invited in an avatar named niggerflavored coleslaw into the WU group earlier this year. This avatar was used to greif and was deleted from the resident list for creating an inflammatory user name and greifing.

I hope that clears that up for you.
So what? There are 500 people with invite rights in the WU group. You should blame Linden Lab for accepting the registration of that name in the first place - why do they have "coleslaw" as a last name option at all?
1 User Laughed:
Old 11-21-2009, 03:58 PM   #1328 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to bladyblue Send a message via Yahoo to bladyblue Send a message via Skype™ to bladyblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladyblue
You support a group-affiliation policy as long as it meets your goals
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helper
Indeed I do.
Then you should not have any problems.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:00 PM   #1329 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helper View Post
So what? There are 500 people with invite rights in the WU group. You should blame Linden Lab for accepting the registration of that name in the first place - why do they have "coleslaw" as a last name option at all?
Linden Lab corrected the problem. WU made no attempt to do so and - as you are doing now - spewed out excuses for the name and the greifing.

Quote:
So what?
And that is the attitude that gets leases rescinded.

Last edited by bladyblue; 11-21-2009 at 06:43 PM.
1 User Groaned:
1 User Laughed:
Old 11-21-2009, 04:01 PM   #1330 (permalink)
"Greifer"

Quote:
Then you should not have any problems.
1) I don't see any problem being a Woodbury University member and an NCI affiliate.

2) I DO see a problem being Prokofy Neva or affiliated with her and being an NCI affiliate because Prokofy Neva is a person blackmailing the NCI itself. I don't see why a person who has declared war on NCI, or anyone affiliated with her, should be welcome in NCI (Woodbury University has never taken any hostile action against NCI, on the contrary, some WU members are respected NCI volunteers).

Last edited by Helper; 11-21-2009 at 04:06 PM.
Old 11-21-2009, 04:09 PM   #1331 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Quote:
(Woodbury University has never taken any hostile action against NCI, on the contrary, some WU members are respected NCI volunteers).
Not everyone agrees with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl M.
The issue of infiltration by Woodbury (and related groups) is something the new management will have to address. This is a problem, and I do have direct knowledge that members of Woodbury are using NCI to recruit from. I am confident that ultimately something like my policy barring members of griefer and/or hate groups from being NCI Helpers or Officers will be implemented. I just hope it is implemented sooner than later, and before too much more damage is done.
1 User Laughed:
Old 11-21-2009, 04:11 PM   #1332 (permalink)
"Greifer"

This Carl person is not affiliated with NCI. His conspiracy theories are irrelevant. To my knowledge, this person previously left the NCI because the majority didn't agree with him.
1 User Laughed:
Old 11-21-2009, 05:10 PM   #1333 (permalink)
engage @ ur own risk

WILL one day snap and kill you all

My Mood:
Quote:
Right, because coleslaw was the truly offensive part of that name.

Disclaimer: I'm not taking a side here, I really couldn't care less who is who or what is what in this brouhaha. I just found that argument seriously amusing.
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-21-2009, 05:17 PM   #1334 (permalink)
"Greifer"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana Dion View Post
Is coleslaw a name? I don't think so.

Fact is, Linden Lab accepted the registration of that name. You can't blame a group with 500 members with invite rights for the fact that a person with a valid account was a group member for a short period of time.
1 User Laughed:
1 User Disagreed:
Old 11-21-2009, 05:40 PM   #1335 (permalink)
ADOLF HEIGHTLER

Louder than god's revolver and twice as shiny!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November, 2007
Business: Darkly Cute
Client: NOT the same one I used yesterday... (<.<)

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Send a message via Yahoo to Imnotgoing Sideways Send a message via Skype™ to Imnotgoing Sideways
I think that I'm living proof that LL doesn't really care about names all that much. =^-^=
Old 11-21-2009, 05:57 PM   #1336 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Quote:
This Carl person is not affiliated with NCI. His conspiracy theories are irrelevant. To my knowledge, this person previously left the NCI because the majority didn't agree with him.
This 'Carl Person' took NCI from a small start-up group in 2005 to one of the most financially stable. goal-oriented groups in Second Life in 2009. It's apparent decline after the WU infiltration is unpleasant to witness.

Hopefully Immy will stop advertising 'Adventures in Disruption' while supposedly just checking the NCI Voting boards.

It is also odd that NCI allowed Immy to announce their leasing information in a SLU Forum thread she started about herself. Chipping away.
1 User Groaned:
Old 11-21-2009, 05:59 PM   #1337 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Quote:
Is coleslaw a name? I don't think so.

Fact is, Linden Lab accepted the registration of that name. You can't blame a group with 500 members with invite rights for the fact that a person with a valid account was a group member for a short period of time.
Yes, you can blame a group that invites someone with that name into their group. It was only a short period of time because Linden Lab perma-banned him. And that was long after WU was informed that this person was a memmber of their group. Absolutely no one at WU made any effort to remove the person from the group, apologize for accepting the member with that name or apologize one of it's members were grefing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imnotgoing Sideways View Post
I think that I'm living proof that LL doesn't really care about names all that much. =^-^=
Please don't attempt to justify a greifer using a racist name like 'niggerflavored'.
1 User Groaned:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:11 PM   #1338 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Quote:
You are referring to an event well over 2 years ago. Woodbury University has its own region again. Clearly because it's not a griefing group. They even get a discount because its an educational sim. WU's chief organizer even knows half of the LL governance team in RL.
Helper, I am afraid you are speaking with someone who is eternally stuck in the year 2007. Coincidentally (or perhaps not so), she also uses 2007 events to argue her case against child avatars. I don't think she realizes that, not only is it no longer 2007, but that we are standing on the doorstep of 2010, about ready to ring the doorbell.
You have a wonderful playful quality that sets you apart from the others, yet you maintain a sensual and sultry look- a certain depth in your gaze that shows there is much more beneath the surface. You tempt others with your sweet, girl next door look, but have the ability to eat them alive if they tread too far. I'm giving you a 7.3. Congratulations and shame on you! You are a slut when you want to be and a perfect lady when you decide to play the part.
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:12 PM   #1339 (permalink)
"Greifer"

Quote:
Please don't attempt to justify a greifer using a racist name like 'niggerflavored'.
Has this got anything to do with NCI or the university as a whole? No. I've never encountered this "niggerflavored" person. I certainly don't like such names. But the fact that a person with bad taste was a member of WU, invited by one of their 500 members with invite rights, does not make the university a griefing group.

Last edited by Helper; 11-21-2009 at 06:18 PM.
1 User Laughed:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:20 PM   #1340 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:

Quote:
So it is OK to you? I think you can begin to see the problem. We report folks who start groups with inflammatory names - just because they got away with it for a few weeks does not mean they get to keep the name. It is odd that you feel this is acceptable.
By extension of your own logic, it (politically incorrect avatar names) is clearly OK with you as well, since you continue to exist and log into a virtual (love how I worked that word in?) world in which such behavior is clearly tolerated.

Ain't Association Fallacy great?
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:23 PM   #1341 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Quote:
Has this got anything to do with NCI or the university as a whole? No. I've never encountered this "niggerflavored" person. I certainly don't like such names. But the fact that a person with bad taste was a member of WU, invited by one of their 500 members with invite rights, does not make the university a griefing group.
Yes it does. A group that has members reprimanded for nearly three years for greifing is a greifer group. If, after that amount of time, the same people are in the group - and no changes are made to deter this behavior in this group - then it is intentional.

Throwing your hands in the air and pretending to be helpless and unable to stop your members from recruiting new greifers is a cop-out. And it does not work.

Last edited by bladyblue; 11-21-2009 at 06:38 PM.
1 User Groaned:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:24 PM   #1342 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryne Helendale View Post
By extension of your own logic, it (politically incorrect avatar names) is clearly OK with you as well, since you continue to exist and log into a virtual (love how I worked that word in?) world in which such behavior is clearly tolerated.
How it is tolerated when LL banned that account? What are you talking about?
1 User Groaned:
1 User Laughed:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #1343 (permalink)
"Greifer"

Has this got anything to do with NCI or the university as a whole?
Old 11-21-2009, 06:27 PM   #1344 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katheryne Helendale View Post
Helper, I am afraid you are speaking with someone who is eternally stuck in the year 2007.
The niggerflavored coleslaw greifing from WU happened 3 months ago. So now what is your excuse?
1 User Groaned:
1 User Laughed:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:32 PM   #1345 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Quote:
Has this got anything to do with NCI or the university as a whole?
NCI harbors member's of the Woodbury University greifer group - of which Immy is a proud member. Her Adventures in Disruption in the Ross infohub - using the NCI vote board as an excuse to be there - took a 3 month old incident and started it all over again - then she blogged about it for lolz.

So no more NCI to hide behind to harass the landowner and no more Linden Lab Mentor group to blame either. Now it's all based on personalities and not affiliations.
1 User Groaned:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:35 PM   #1346 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:

Ross infohub with NCI kicked out of their long standing lease there because of their infiltration and affiliation with the WU greifer group. Bravo.
1 User Groaned:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #1347 (permalink)
"Greifer"

Quote:

Ross infohub with NCI kicked out of their long standing lease there because of their infiltration and affiliation with the WU greifer group. Bravo.
Congratulations, Prok, you just ruined your own reputation as a landlord completely. If you had any friends left, they're all gone now.

1 User Laughed:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:43 PM   #1348 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allana Dion View Post
Hey! I have had some truly offensive coleslaw before! And some of it, I didn't know was offensive until it rudely insisted on revisitation rights a few hours after consumption!
1 User Laughed:
Old 11-21-2009, 06:47 PM   #1349 (permalink)
"Greifer"

Quote:
The niggerflavored coleslaw greifing from WU happened 3 months ago. So now what is your excuse?
Do I need an excuse? *shrugs*
Old 11-21-2009, 07:30 PM   #1350 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:

Quote:
Hmmmm, let's see... Is this person still around? No? Then what's the problem?

Let's use logic to reconstruct what probably happened:

1. Woodbury has over 500 members coming from rather diverse cultures;
2. Some clown thinks it would be cool to create an alt with an offensive name and invite him to the group;
3. Woodbury has over 500 members, making it somewhat difficult to scan the names of everyone in the group for potential offensiveness on a routine basis;
4. Idiot's offensive alt is later discovered, reported, and dealt with.
5. No problem!
Closed Thread