WTF Censored Name? - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » WTF? Censored Name?


General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

 
Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2008, 10:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Jack of a few Trades
 
WarKirby Magojiro's Avatar
Happles!
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Posts: 3,496
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 14/10/2006
Business: MagoTek Industries
Censored Name?

Something.... odd has been brought to my attention.

There is a resident in SL named "CickMy Lunt"
Yes, seriously. I know this name from somewhere before today, possibly w-hat. I'm not sure. Regardless

If you put that name into search, there are no results. But the account is not banned. LL has done something......


Now, try putting "CensoredMy Lunt" into the people search. Go do it *pokes*.

Anyways, you get this:



Arrows are my touch, to highlight the important parts. It would seem one name redirects to another in search. I find this to be most perplexing, and can only assume it's hamhanded censorship from the governance team.


I've not had the fortune of meeting this avatar in person yet, so I can't tell you what the nametag above their head says, but I CAN confirm that scripts detect the avatar name as "CensoredMy Lunt"
__________________
Quote:
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.

-Robert A. Heinlein
WarKirby Magojiro is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-14-2008, 10:54 AM   #2 (permalink)
Senior Member

*SLU Supporter*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,696

Awards: 1
Guinea Pig 
So the play on words goes from Lickmy Cunt to Lensoredmy Cunt. That's really very clever Linden Lab.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member

*SLU Supporter*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,696

Awards: 1
Guinea Pig 
Hmm... did anybody check if there's a new Linden called Cristiano?
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 10:57 AM   #4 (permalink)
As A Service
 
Brenda Connolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,735
SL Join Date: Jan 9, 2007
Perhaps the name was AR'ed by someone. There was a very entertaining dscussion across the street a few weeks ago, about a guy with a name referencing an erection, who spoke to a Linden about a support issue, and then got a message later on informing him he had to change his name, ironically after being refused when he asked to change it a year earlier. Names like that don't bother me, I'd never AR one, no matter how stupid they are, but some people would. And in the push to make SL more relevant and pragmatic, I bet we will be seeing more of this, as the incoming Corporate Overlords no likey naughty names.
Brenda Connolly is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 10-14-2008, 10:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Senior Member

*SLU Supporter*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,696

Awards: 1
Guinea Pig 
Brenda: You just reminded me of them making Gaybot Foxley change his name.

Is this company really based in San Francisco?
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:03 AM   #6 (permalink)
Backroom Bureaucrat
 
Gigs's Avatar
Not troll; Possibly Orc
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 6,191

Awards: 1
Thread Title of the Week 
He should change his profile to say "LL can duck my sick"
__________________
-
-
"It is the paramount duty of governments and of politicians to secure the wellbeing of the community under the case in the present, and not to run risks overmuch for the future" - JM Keynes
Gigs is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 10-14-2008, 11:06 AM   #7 (permalink)
Peeps Tsar
 
Cristiano's Avatar
#imalwayswithher
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 35,645
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec 2002
Business: ANOmations
Client: Viewer 2
Blog Entries: 18
Send a message via Yahoo to Cristiano Send a message via Skype™ to Cristiano
They have forced name changes before on people, at their own discretion. I remember Wuvme Karuna had an alt with the word Dildo in the name, and they changed it to something ridiculous, like Delicious or something.
__________________
"A certain darkness is needed to see the stars" ~ Osho




Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 11:08 AM   #8 (permalink)
As A Service
 
Brenda Connolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,735
SL Join Date: Jan 9, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker Moore View Post
Brenda: You just reminded me of them making Gaybot Foxley change his name.

Is this company really based in San Francisco?
They must be in the Armchair Liberal part of town. I think Gaybot actually got his name back.

Last edited by Brenda Connolly; 10-14-2008 at 12:24 PM.
Brenda Connolly is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-14-2008, 12:12 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Eata's Avatar
:confusedcat:
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,271
My Mood:
Business: Breach
Eata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:36 PM   #10 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Colette Meiji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,193
My Mood:
So not only are R/X rated names potentially changeable

but R/X rated PUNS are too.

Hopefully thats where it ends and we don't get a language filter.

Although Voice chat would be hilarious if it automatically bleeped people.
Colette Meiji is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 10-14-2008, 12:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
C.M.O. GoatWench

*SLU Supporter*
 
Alexa Lioncourt's Avatar
Loving Life
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Live from Boonieville
Posts: 1,493
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2004

Awards: 1
Special Achievement In Hello Kitty Trolling 
This makes me sad CickMy has been around for quite a while and always was very pleasant.
__________________
Alexa

bronxelf: "Day is young. Patience, weedwhacker."

Pancake: "I'm not a Princess, I don't need saving. I'm a Queen, and I got this shit handled."
Alexa Lioncourt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 12:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Evil Incarnate!
 
FlipperPA Peregrine's Avatar
Recursion is beautiful!
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Posts: 7,122
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2003-11-14
Business: Peregrine Salon
Send a message via Yahoo to FlipperPA Peregrine
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
They have forced name changes before on people, at their own discretion. I remember Wuvme Karuna had an alt with the word Dildo in the name, and they changed it to something ridiculous, like Delicious or something.
Dildo Dulce to Darling Dulce.

When I have my name/key database for SLBoutique, LL was claiming that names couldn't be changed (thus why I'm still FlipperPA Peregrine instead of Flipper Peregrine). I did a little checking and queries the database for any duplicate avatar key entries. Most interesting:

Code:
+----------------------+--------------------------------------+
| avatar_name          | avatar_key                           |
+----------------------+--------------------------------------+
| kantana Boccara      | 0221fa01-4062-4982-bd29-44abcada7651 |
| Katana Boccara       | 0221fa01-4062-4982-bd29-44abcada7651 |
| Havabigdic Squeegee  | 03552a65-ab69-4d14-973a-1c3900095fe2 |
| Havabigone Goodliffe | 03552a65-ab69-4d14-973a-1c3900095fe2 |
| Anal Rosebud         | 3e230cdb-7478-4a99-a5ab-c992ebc9a5ff |
| Booty Rosebud        | 3e230cdb-7478-4a99-a5ab-c992ebc9a5ff |
| BangMe Loveless      | 6753d2ef-ddb9-40ab-abbd-a2a3eb885bf3 |
| Julie Loveless       | 6753d2ef-ddb9-40ab-abbd-a2a3eb885bf3 |
| OoPs Codesmith       | 68d601ae-0db5-4e7b-b759-5eb7a5bfa32e |
| OoPs Galatea         | 68d601ae-0db5-4e7b-b759-5eb7a5bfa32e |
| Arseface Svarog      | 839abd13-626b-4074-81de-7bfd39348c4d |
| Wally Svarog         | 839abd13-626b-4074-81de-7bfd39348c4d |
| Torley Linden        | a98f2541-04e3-46b2-b038-f82d8cf86f3f |
| Torley Torgeson      | a98f2541-04e3-46b2-b038-f82d8cf86f3f |
| Humpmy Pole          | b9710fb2-2089-4439-8976-14c0c69f9dd8 |
| LeGrand Pole         | b9710fb2-2089-4439-8976-14c0c69f9dd8 |
| Ninnin Shaw          | e778a441-bdc7-43be-9e7b-d90ac69b1369 |
| Nintendo Shaw        | e778a441-bdc7-43be-9e7b-d90ac69b1369 |
| Enema Uritsky        | fc819dd6-dad3-40e3-873a-2ac6763be848 |
| Pedestrian Uritsky   | fc819dd6-dad3-40e3-873a-2ac6763be848 |
| Douche Lardner       | fcef99f9-e79c-4b77-ad94-9419bc316986 |
| Doug Lardner         | fcef99f9-e79c-4b77-ad94-9419bc316986 |
| Dildo Dulce          | e4824e15-79c3-48bc-8771-7d0baa822f3b |
| Darling Dulce        | e4824e15-79c3-48bc-8771-7d0baa822f3b |
+----------------------+--------------------------------------+
__________________
Peregrine Salon: Flip & Jenn's thang.
FlipperPA Peregrine is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
Old 10-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
As A Service
 
Brenda Connolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,735
SL Join Date: Jan 9, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperPA Peregrine View Post
Dildo Dulce to Darling Dulce.

When I have my name/key database for SLBoutique, LL was claiming that names couldn't be changed (thus why I'm still FlipperPA Peregrine instead of Flipper Peregrine). I did a little checking and queries the database for any duplicate avatar key entries. Most interesting:

Code:
+----------------------+--------------------------------------+
| avatar_name          | avatar_key                           |
+----------------------+--------------------------------------+
| kantana Boccara      | 0221fa01-4062-4982-bd29-44abcada7651 |
| Katana Boccara       | 0221fa01-4062-4982-bd29-44abcada7651 |
| Havabigdic Squeegee  | 03552a65-ab69-4d14-973a-1c3900095fe2 |
| Havabigone Goodliffe | 03552a65-ab69-4d14-973a-1c3900095fe2 |
| Anal Rosebud         | 3e230cdb-7478-4a99-a5ab-c992ebc9a5ff |
| Booty Rosebud        | 3e230cdb-7478-4a99-a5ab-c992ebc9a5ff |
| BangMe Loveless      | 6753d2ef-ddb9-40ab-abbd-a2a3eb885bf3 |
| Julie Loveless       | 6753d2ef-ddb9-40ab-abbd-a2a3eb885bf3 |
| OoPs Codesmith       | 68d601ae-0db5-4e7b-b759-5eb7a5bfa32e |
| OoPs Galatea         | 68d601ae-0db5-4e7b-b759-5eb7a5bfa32e |
| Arseface Svarog      | 839abd13-626b-4074-81de-7bfd39348c4d |
| Wally Svarog         | 839abd13-626b-4074-81de-7bfd39348c4d |
| Torley Linden        | a98f2541-04e3-46b2-b038-f82d8cf86f3f |
| Torley Torgeson      | a98f2541-04e3-46b2-b038-f82d8cf86f3f |
| Humpmy Pole          | b9710fb2-2089-4439-8976-14c0c69f9dd8 |
| LeGrand Pole         | b9710fb2-2089-4439-8976-14c0c69f9dd8 |
| Ninnin Shaw          | e778a441-bdc7-43be-9e7b-d90ac69b1369 |
| Nintendo Shaw        | e778a441-bdc7-43be-9e7b-d90ac69b1369 |
| Enema Uritsky        | fc819dd6-dad3-40e3-873a-2ac6763be848 |
| Pedestrian Uritsky   | fc819dd6-dad3-40e3-873a-2ac6763be848 |
| Douche Lardner       | fcef99f9-e79c-4b77-ad94-9419bc316986 |
| Doug Lardner         | fcef99f9-e79c-4b77-ad94-9419bc316986 |
| Dildo Dulce          | e4824e15-79c3-48bc-8771-7d0baa822f3b |
| Darling Dulce        | e4824e15-79c3-48bc-8771-7d0baa822f3b |
+----------------------+--------------------------------------+
LL has CLEARLY demonstrated in the past that changing names is possible, when it suits their purposes.
Brenda Connolly is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-14-2008, 01:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
the bathwater & the baby

*SLU Supporter*
 
Malachi's Avatar
fish and bees are inherently sarcastic
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 4,008
SL Join Date: October 2003
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlipperPA Peregrine View Post
When I have my name/key database for SLBoutique, LL was claiming that names couldn't be changed (thus why I'm still FlipperPA Peregrine instead of Flipper Peregrine).
You clearly didn't have your Linden decoder ring handy. *does a quick look-up* "We can't" translates to "We don't feel like it".

Useful little device that is.
Malachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Improved with more meds!
 
Macphisto Angelus's Avatar
It puts the lotion on it's skin!!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cali around Sacramento
Posts: 3,253
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 10-21-2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker Moore View Post
Hmm... did anybody check if there's a new Linden called Cristiano?
Damn it was good being with you here Walker. Take care and let us know where you land after that ban hammer smacks you soundly on the ass.







__________________
If life is just a joke, why aren't we laughing?



Macphisto Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:06 PM   #16 (permalink)
Improved with more meds!
 
Macphisto Angelus's Avatar
It puts the lotion on it's skin!!
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Cali around Sacramento
Posts: 3,253
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 10-21-2004
Quote:
Humpmy Pole | b9710fb2-2089-4439-8976-14c0c69f9dd8 |
LeGrand Pole | b9710fb2-2089-4439-8976-14c0c69f9dd8 |
I think the second is better. Go go go LL on changing one suggestive one to a even better suggestive one.
Macphisto Angelus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Oncorhynchus mykiss
 
Trout Recreant's Avatar
Incomprehensible gibberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Coast, USA
Posts: 6,184
My Mood:
Blog Entries: 3

Awards: 1
Comedy Gold 
Kind of makes you wonder why they didn't anticipate trouble when they approved "pole" as a last name. I mean seriously, come on...they didn't see that coming!?
Trout Recreant is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-14-2008, 03:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Colette Meiji's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 8,193
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trout Recreant View Post
Kind of makes you wonder why they didn't anticipate trouble when they approved "pole" as a last name. I mean seriously, come on...they didn't see that coming!?
How could they not have Pole though?

The Stripper Pole is the most common piece of SL furniture, bar none.
Colette Meiji is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 10-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #19 (permalink)
Senior Member

*SLU Supporter*
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 16,696

Awards: 1
Guinea Pig 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macphisto Angelus View Post
I think the second is better. Go go go LL on changing one suggestive one to a even better suggestive one.
I thought that. So it's only the English speakers who are prudes and likely to take offence then?



If the right surname comes up, I'm going to register the most obscene alt name ever. In French.
Walker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Rev Eponym's Avatar
gazing lovingly into the smoking mirror
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Dallas, Tejas
Posts: 2,203
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Feb 2006
Send a message via Yahoo to Rev Eponym
Changing names is clearly something they need to be able to do, but imagine YOU were the guy in charge of that. You'd want to tell people you couldn't change names, otherwise there would be six dozen nincompoops trying to get their names changed to "avoid drahmaz" and such. Every damn day.

I'm with LL on this one, some lies are helpful.
.
Rev Eponym is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Disagreed:
Old 10-14-2008, 03:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Padawan Harper

*SLU Supporter*
 
Khamon's Avatar
Thumbs Up Sweetie
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Alabama
Posts: 9,912
My Mood:
SL Join Date: November, 2003
Blog Entries: 1
Many of us have campaigned through the years for you Flipper but always been told no, in fact, that it couldn't be done. But I'm sure the Lindens are good people and know what they're doing and would never lie through their teeth just because Philip wanted to grief one of his key supporters just to prove that he could.
__________________
"You should live every day as if it were the last day for the people around you. Just be nice to them; they need it." - Grandma Bates
Khamon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-14-2008, 03:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Tess Whitcroft's Avatar
On Pandora
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 7,883

Awards: 1
Thread Title of the Week 
Did you check the picks tab?

Censored Name?-censored.jpg



Tess
__________________
Studies have shown that people who have more birthdays live longer



Tess Whitcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 03:43 PM   #23 (permalink)
As A Service
 
Brenda Connolly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 17,735
SL Join Date: Jan 9, 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Eponym View Post
Changing names is clearly something they need to be able to do, but imagine YOU were the guy in charge of that. You'd want to tell people you couldn't change names, otherwise there would be six dozen nincompoops trying to get their names changed to "avoid drahmaz" and such. Every damn day.

I'm with LL on this one, some lies are helpful.
.

I say fine. Charge them 10 or 20 bucks to do it. Maybe give all new residents 30 or 60 days to have one free name change, then charge them. Also do away with unlimited, throwaway alts.
Brenda Connolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:17 PM   #24 (permalink)
Oncorhynchus mykiss
 
Trout Recreant's Avatar
Incomprehensible gibberish
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: West Coast, USA
Posts: 6,184
My Mood:
Blog Entries: 3

Awards: 1
Comedy Gold 
I've campaigned for over a year to get Recreant changed, and all I got was stonewalled. They clearly can do it. they just don't care. Meh. What are you going to do? It's LL.
Trout Recreant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2008, 04:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Kitten Fuzz
 
Lo Jacobs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Chicago by way of Los Angeles
Posts: 4,739
SL Join Date: May 2004
Blog Entries: 17

Awards: 1
Special Achievement in Thread Titling 
I remember Willow Zander (I thiiink) had a group with a really raunchy name like Rampant Nymphomaniacal Sluts (or similar) and they changed it to, like, Hartford Ladies Knitting Circle.
__________________
I AM 100% SERIOUS
Lo Jacobs is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Ten
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




SEO by vBSEO