Login notifier needed - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » Login notifier needed

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2017, 02:30 AM   #1 (permalink)

Client: Catznip and stock SL
Login notifier needed

Hello,

I need to get emails (or IMs that will go to emails) when a certain avatar girl logs on - and ideally when she logs off too. The girl is ok with this. She can wear something or it can be a separate script. Earlier, OpenCollar Spy did that, but now my old scripted collar, which she does wear, sends notificaton only when she TPs but not when she logs on.

I tried a script from Marketplace but it does not seem to work. There are others there too, of course. But I'd like to know which one (if any) actually works.

Advice would be greatly appreciated.
Muireann McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 06:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
kortee'nea

SL Join Date: May 2007

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Send a message via Skype™ to Adeon Writer
Well this isn't a creepy request at all.

Anyways, a worn script can't tell you when it's owner logs out - because when they log out, the script is gone, and has no chance to react. So said script will need to be a rezzed item on land where it won't get returned.

Code:
key avatar_to_track  = "53fdf35b-0f77-4478-8cdd-1238975a87c7";
string your_email_address = "YourEmailGoesHere@example.com";
string their_email_address = "TheirEmailGoesHere@example.com";
string online_msg    = "The person you are creepily stalking logged on.";
string offline_msg   = "The person you are creepily stalking logged out.";
integer status;

{
    state_entry()
    {
        if(their_email_address == "TheirEmailGoesHere@example.com")
        {
             llOwnerSay("Please enter the target's email address into the approprate line at the top of this script.");
             return;
        }
        llEmail(their_email_address, "Your Second Life online status is being tracked.", "Your online status is being tracked by an LSL script at the above location, owned by " + llKey2Name(llGetOwner()) + ". If this is being done against your wishes, it constitues a Second Life ToS voliation, and it is recommended that you report the owner of this object. For more information, see https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/SVC-4823"); 
        llSetTimerEvent(60);
    }

timer()
    {
        llRequestAgentData(avatar_to_track, DATA_ONLINE);
    }

dataserver(key handle, string data)
    {
        if((integer)data != status)
        {
            return;
            if((integer)data) llEmail(your_email_address, online_msg, online_msg );
            else llEmail(your_email_address, offline_msg, offline_msg);
            status = (integer)data;
        }
    }
}

Last edited by Adeon Writer; 11-11-2017 at 04:26 PM.
Adeon Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 11-11-2017, 07:18 AM   #3 (permalink)

25 forevah! in SL at least

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2004
Business: Mediverse
Client: Mostly Firestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeon Writer View Post
Well this isn't a creepy request at all.

Anyways, a worn script can't tell you when it's owner logs out - because when they log out, the script is gone, and has no chance to react. So said script will need to be a rezzed item on land where it won't get returned.

Code:
key avatar_to_track  = "53fdf35b-0f77-4478-8cdd-1238975a87c7";
string email_address = "EmailGoesHere@example.com";
string online_msg    = "The person you are creepily stalking logged on.";
string offline_msg   = "The person you are creepily stalking logged out.";
integer status;

{
    state_entry()
    {
        llSetTimerEvent(60);
    }

timer()
    {
        llRequestAgentData(avatar_to_track, DATA_ONLINE);
    }

dataserver(key handle, string data)
    {
        if((integer)data != status)
        {
            if((integer)data) llEmail(email_address, online_msg, online_msg );
            else llEmail(email_address, offline_msg, offline_msg);
            status = (integer)data;
        }
    }
}
Frankly I don't know which is creepier, the original request or the fact you complied with it! If in a D/s relationship, surely OP can simply require said person to IM each time she logs in and before she logs out. Would be simpler, indicate trust within a consensual relationship, no script required.
Caliandris is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
1 User Disagreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 11-11-2017, 07:21 AM   #4 (permalink)

SL Join Date: November 2006
Send a message via Skype™ to Chav Paderborn
Are you a stalker?
Chav Paderborn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 09:54 AM   #5 (permalink)
bunneh

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2006
Client: Firestorm and Project Bento
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chav Paderborn View Post
Are you a stalker?
Given this collaring is something completely voluntary, and with full knowledge by both parties - per the original request - that feels rather unwarranted.
"Separated lovers cheat absence by a thousand fancies which have their own reality. They are prevented from seeing one another and they cannot write; nevertheless they find countless mysterious ways of corresponding, by sending each other the song of birds, the scent of flowers, the laughter of children, the light of the sun, the sighing of the wind, and the gleam of the stars - all the beauties of creation." -- Victor Hugo
Porsupah Ree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:00 AM   #6 (permalink)

But it'd be okay if I called it creepy? Just checking.
Old 11-11-2017, 10:19 AM   #7 (permalink)
*blink*

Vatican mole

My Mood:

Awards: 1
I wrote a script to send a short SMS message to my cell phone when Mistress is online (with her permission) just because our schedules aren't very reliable (especially on her end). It requires a lot of setup since you have to configure the SMS part of it for each carrier but the convenience makes it worth it.

Being told when they leave SL wouldn't be that hard either, it's just a question of setting up a polling system with a timer.

You can wish-list items and return to SLU to purchase through the affiliate link.
Note: Some people refuse to buy from Amazon due to predatory tactics against publishers as noted here and here by Jacqueline Trudeau.
Soen Eber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 10:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
bunneh

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2006
Client: Firestorm and Project Bento
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soen Eber View Post
Being told when they leave SL wouldn't be that hard either, it's just a question of setting up a polling system with a timer.
A watchdog timer, effectively? (I'm unable to assist with SL scripting, unfortunately - LSL always felt like such a moving target, sometimes broken, sometimes nerfed) Presumably there's no event available that simply says "your time is at an end; wrap things up now" as a first step in the av logging out? (Such events are used in various OSs, including iOS, to let the application know it should immediately save its state, as whilst it's no longer the app in use, it may wind up being unloaded to free up memory)
Porsupah Ree is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-11-2017, 02:44 PM   #9 (permalink)
Solace Beach Owner

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Business: Solace Beach Estates
Client: Firestorm
https://marketplace.secondlife.com/p...TIFIER/1785980

Should do what you need. I use it to know when friends and estate staff are online since I'm rarely around these days. I don't want to sit around on SL waiting for people I need to talk to just to know when they sign on.
Old 11-11-2017, 03:41 PM   #10 (permalink)
kortee'nea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porsupah Ree View Post
A watchdog timer, effectively? (I'm unable to assist with SL scripting, unfortunately - LSL always felt like such a moving target, sometimes broken, sometimes nerfed) Presumably there's no event available that simply says "your time is at an end; wrap things up now" as a first step in the av logging out? (Such events are used in various OSs, including iOS, to let the application know it should immediately save its state, as whilst it's no longer the app in use, it may wind up being unloaded to free up memory)
There is something similar for when you unequip an attachment - the attach event gets called with id value of NULL_KEY, indicating the item was just detatched. You aren't even garunteed to be able to finish the execution of the attach event - you only have a few CPU cycles to finish things up before the script will just get paused, savestate'd and vanish. When wearing it again the detach code will resume and them immedately attach gets called again with a id of yourself indicating it was attached again.

But logging off doesn't even trigger that event. The script is just unexpectedly paused and savestate'd for when they log back in. No way to see it coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliandris
Frankly I don't know which is creepier, the original request or the fact you complied with it!
It took me less than 2 minutes to write. It's a simple script that people are going to use regardless. A greater harm, I think, is thinking online status is private. It's not, and it should be - and only telling LL to let it be so, can change that. The code I've provided here would automatically obey the target's privacy wishes, should LL ever decide to give that ability.

Last edited by Adeon Writer; 11-11-2017 at 10:06 PM.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 11-11-2017, 03:42 PM   #11 (permalink)
When's lunch?

Mama's babygirl :D

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Long long ago.
Client: Viewer 3, Firestorm

Send a message via Skype™ to Rodeejah Urquan
I dunno, guys, this all feels wrong to me, but if y'all actually trust the OP then...
Old 11-11-2017, 03:56 PM   #12 (permalink)
*blink*

Vatican mole

My Mood:

An easy fix would be to have the script IM/email the person being tracked so they are at least aware of what is going on. With some more work they could be given the slurl of a central station that allows them to disable the tracking by specific users (or all users) - which would require the tracking script to check with the central station when it is rezzed to determine if that person is blocking tracking.

There would also need to be redundant tracking stations in case of an outage and auto-syncing between stations which would be complicated, but doable.

Question: is there a script function that returns if an avatar key is a friend? That would simplify matters - no friend, no tracking.
Soen Eber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 04:04 PM   #13 (permalink)
kortee'nea

Quote:
An easy fix would be to have the script IM/email the person being tracked so they are at least aware of what is going on. With some more work they could be given the slurl of a central station that allows them to disable the tracking by specific users (or all users) - which would require the tracking script to check with the central station when it is rezzed to determine if that person is blocking tracking.

There would also need to be redundant tracking stations in case of an outage and auto-syncing between stations which would be complicated, but doable.
I've edited the code in my original post to prompt them for the target's email as well, and made it not work unless they do so. The thing is, anyone can just go and delete that from my code, or set it up with a fake email. It's not a real solution to the real problem.

And that problem is DATA_ONLINE should obey privacy options. It shouldn't be optional to respect privacy, but it should at least be possible to respect privacy. It's neither.

Quote:
Question: is there a script function that returns if an avatar key is a friend?
Nada. LSL is blind to friend lists. But things would be even worse if we could. You don't want scripts scanning your contacts either.

Last edited by Adeon Writer; 11-11-2017 at 08:34 PM.
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Like This:
Old 11-11-2017, 10:31 PM   #14 (permalink)

Client: Catznip and stock SL
I've made a script based on the code originally posted here, thanks. I do NOT use it on any users except those I collared and that is voluntary (and on myself to test if it works!)

The modified script requires one to know "their email address", which I normally do not know.
Muireann McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Eternal Newbie

*SLU Supporter*
Entirely without credibility

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 21 June 2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muireann McMillan View Post
The modified script requires one to know "their email address", which I normally do not know.
Why not use "llInstantMessage" instead - if they're online they'll get the message straight away -but if they're offline, and have offline IM's enabled, they'll get the message in their email without you needing to know the email address.
Arkady Arkright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 04:32 PM   #16 (permalink)
Miss Congeniality

Dressed up like a car crash

My Mood:
Client: Black Dragon, FS, SL Viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeon Writer View Post
A greater harm, I think, is thinking online status is private. It's not, and it should be - and only telling LL to let it be so, can change that.
I have always wondered why you simply can't login in privately. I could get a lot more done if we could but just assumed LL had some bizarro reason or not allowing it.
Soda Sullivan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-12-2017, 05:12 PM   #17 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006

The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Soda Sullivan View Post
I have always wondered why you simply can't login in privately. I could get a lot more done if we could but just assumed LL had some bizarro reason or not allowing it.
Because their vision of a united metaverse of happy cooperative living does not acknowledge a scenario in which people would prefer to be unsocial or that there are psychopathic stalkers in the world.
Old 11-12-2017, 05:47 PM   #18 (permalink)

Quote:
They probably figure that you could just login as an alt.

Which would work fine, if one could share one's inventory among one's set of alts.

Back in the day, I think I wrote a JIRA request to that effect. Haha.
Nika Talaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2017, 09:44 PM   #19 (permalink)
kortee'nea

Quote:
They were going to. It was shot down by a mob of shop owners who realized their subscription/update/redelivery services, which normally wait until an avatar comes online to send stuff to (to avoid lost deliveies/capping out people's offline IM's), would stop working.

In my opinion, that should not have been important enough to warrent not being able to hide your online status.
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-12-2017, 10:32 PM   #20 (permalink)
Andi
Sox

My Mood:
Business: Drew's Loose ends
Client: anything that works
I use one as a personal worn device that emails me, I tried this one adeon did, it sent 1 email and has not sent another... so back to my old device lol. my whole reason is, I work upwards of 6 days a week, 12 hour nights. kinda want to make sure I just dont randomly logon.

Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:41 PM   #21 (permalink)
Persona Non Grata

Cougar

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 04/05/2010
Client: Firestorm x64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodeejah Urquan View Post
I dunno, guys, this all feels wrong to me, but if y'all actually trust the OP then...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chav Paderborn View Post
But it'd be okay if I called it creepy? Just checking.
Judgementalism ranks as one of most disappointing aspects of life, let alone personal choices on a Second Life forum.
Vixen Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-14-2017, 05:32 PM   #22 (permalink)

Shockingly not everyone is into That Sort Of Thing.
Old 11-16-2017, 09:13 AM   #23 (permalink)
Coin-operated

I really don't understand drawing the immediate conclusion that anybody wanting this ability, ever, must be a creepy stalker. That starts at the assumption it will never be consensual.

It's as if using the Internet is terrorism because ISIS has a Facebook account.

That said, it certainly would be better if more privacy-management controls were built in to Second Life -- and if LSL had total access to all and only everything exposed to the viewer, as any damned fool would have designed it in the first place.

Reductio ad absurdum: the OP's specific use-case could be satisfied by screen-scraping their web dashboard for their friend's voluntarily shared online status. That would be laughably kludgy and inefficient (and lacks more granular control of when online status is visible to whom), but it's indisputably 100% consensual.

A script, however, cannot know its owner's Friends list, so it cannot even voluntarily comply with the built-in privacy controls (such as they are). Instead, as Adeon's sample script illustrates, all LSL can do is enumerate the agents it will monitor and maybe send a message to the monitored agent for good measure.
Qie Niangao is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 11-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #24 (permalink)
Fuzzlebugs Finkmellon

haz dem bodacious ta-tas

My Mood:
SL Join Date: September 2009
Client: Singularity

I'm not an expert on SL tech by any means so I wouldn't have thought there's any (easy) way to attach any kind of scripted thingy to someone to track their comings and goings without their consent.

That being said, the concept of 'consent' can be somewhat hazy in some people's eyes.

I know I've mentioned this in the past that in my early days I got involved with a guy who unbeknownst to me, had put some sort of tracking script into a bracelet which he gave me. This script was able to notify him of my every move - from when I logged on and off, where I was in-world, who I was talking to. And he used that information to bully and emotionally control me for months. I could never figure out how he knew all this stuff and it wasn't until a mutual friend told me that the dude had confided in him and told him what he had done that I found out.

There are so many ways in which to keep in touch with friends outside of SL that although one shouldn't jump to conclusions about the request being suspicious, the probability is that it isn't for 100% legitimate purposes and it makes me rather uncomfortable and twitchy.

And totally agree with all the other comments that LL really do need to tighten up their privacy options. Being able to log on in private mode so not everyone can see you is a big must. I remember this being brought up in the past and someone saying 'but why would you want to do that? what's the point of using a social platform if you're not gonna be sociable?'. Coz it couldn't possibly be that not everyone is in SL to be sociable and available to every single person on their contact list ALL the time.
Cristiano
The first rule of Pope Club is you don't talk about Pope Club.
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrinB View Post
Anouk: "Proudly shackling the genie-arses of abnormal men!"
Anouk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 11:13 AM   #25 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 2007

I have attached the script to everyone in this thread and you are all being monitored now.

(╯□)╯︵ ┻━┻
crazy is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed: