Sim restarted and suddenly parcel ist too full ???? - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » Sim restarted and suddenly parcel ist too full ????

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2017, 04:14 AM   #1 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

watching

SL Join Date: 27/10/2010
Client: Official (w/Starlight) & Catznip
Sim restarted and suddenly parcel ist too full ????

Seems SL is back to its old days

Logged in today and was wondering why is my Avi flying ? Also, why do i have over 40 system messages ??

Looks like LL did a restart and suddenly my parcels were too full and a lot of my rezzed stuff was returned to me. So far so bad, but apparently my object allowance is still the same as it was yesterday. Just less objects on the land but more prims used ?? WTF?

/end rant

Anybody here had something similar happening ?

“Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be.” - Frank Zappa
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-07-2017, 04:51 AM   #2 (permalink)

25 forevah! in SL at least

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2004
Business: Mediverse
Client: Mostly Firestorm
All fine on my main and my alt. Did you possibly link together some mesh and something based on the torus? Cos that'll do it, something that's one prim torus will suddenly become a lot heavier LI when linked to a mesh.

Also check build settings and things high up in the air. When we left build on for a party, suddenly all the remaining prims - 2000 - got eaten up. When I checked in the air, someone had dropped a prim hogger duplication thing which just kept on duplicating until it used all the available prims.
Caliandris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2017, 05:30 AM   #3 (permalink)
Andi
Sox

My Mood:
Business: Drew's Loose ends
Client: anything that works
people in caspers support group are talking about this, it's hit a few people.

Andi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-07-2017, 05:40 AM   #4 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

watching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliandris View Post
All fine on my main and my alt. Did you possibly link together some mesh and something based on the torus? Cos that'll do it, something that's one prim torus will suddenly become a lot heavier LI when linked to a mesh.

Also check build settings and things high up in the air. When we left build on for a party, suddenly all the remaining prims - 2000 - got eaten up. When I checked in the air, someone had dropped a prim hogger duplication thing which just kept on duplicating until it used all the available prims.
Thats what i fear, stuff got "returned", placed back and suddenly some items i linked got it all wrong (or something like that)
I base this assumption on the fact that on my parcel a LOT is missing but i actually use up more prims than before.

LL and their maintenance ...
1 User Hugged You:
Old 09-07-2017, 12:10 PM   #5 (permalink)
Peeking

My Mood:
SL Join Date: September 2008
Client: Firestorm
Angry Needs Attention

This issue needs way more attention.
I would also love to get more information if anyone has anything to add.

Reports are coming in from all over - it seemed to have occurred after/during the login glitch last night SLT.

JIRA Report 1 - Creator Howl Howley's store went from 41LI to 390LI with vendors returned
JIRA Report 2
hat tip Whirly Fizzle

A friend of mine had a 27LI store turn 224LI. Loads of stuff were returned and gachas went missing. Note that it is a build by an established creator with nothing indicating any sort of hack used to reduce LI.

As he, like most of us, rent a parcel and not a full sim from a FIC land baron, *coughs* they were told they can't unilaterally request a rollback.

We should not expect rollbacks for user errors, but this isn't one and the glitch is pretty severe. IMHO, given the reach and depth, a rollback should be almost automatic and immediate from LL, not delayed pending request.

I'm primarily interested in two courses of action from this point forward

a) to figure out what happened
eg. if it was a result of the RC Channel roll and if so to ensure the same glitch does not follow into subsequent Main Channel rolls.

The bug which broke various products due to a change in llhttprequest a couple months ago was reported on the RC Channel roll but was unsatisfyingly resolved and rolled into the Main Channel update weeks later, so history has the potential of repeating itself albeit much more destructively.

Edit: the second JIRA Report notes that it affected a sim on the Main Channel.

b) to document openly and extensively the glitch for reference by sim owners and land barons in such that it might hopefully help vouch for residents looking for redress or group action (i.e. coming together as a sim to request a rollback). Unlikely? Perhaps. But it can't hurt to try.

Meanwhile, being on the Main Channel myself, I'm seriously contemplating documenting and removing all no copy items until the next Main Channel roll.

Given how well the gacha craze has taken off, I'd be surprised if the pitchforks don't come if this issue spreads.

Visibility and knowing more might hopefully help guard against this from happening again, at least in the near future. Let's crowd source this.

PSA: It seems like LL is doing rollbacks for this glitch without having to be an estate manager/owner. If you are affected, send a support ticket.

Last edited by Jett Shoreman; 09-07-2017 at 04:40 PM. Reason: clarity and update
Jett Shoreman is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-07-2017, 12:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

watching

Update:

So, i filed a ticket and told them my probs.

In a matter of hours (!!) i got a rollback (without even asking for it) and everything is back to normal.

Seems i was not the only one affected, as i later heard it was even circulated in various viewer support groups. Also the prompt resolve seems to indicate that this was a rather mayor problem everywhere on the grid.
Still not sure what exactly happened, allmost certain i never will, but i'm glad it could be resolved this quick.

ETA: As for the reason, maybe i should have read Jett's post more thoroughly ....

Last edited by Tris; 09-07-2017 at 12:23 PM. Reason: ETA
2 Users Said Yay!:
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-07-2017, 06:30 PM   #7 (permalink)
Solace Beach Owner

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Business: Solace Beach Estates
This happened to one of my full sim renters too. Definitely request a rollback if you were affected!
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 09-08-2017, 01:29 PM   #8 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 2006
Business: [e bar]
Client: FS

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
This happened to me too. Logged in yesterday to find things returned due to 'parcel too full' and what appeared to be bounding box issues (couldn't walk into doors), stuff like that, also extreme lag.

Filed a ticket, it was fixed by the end of the day. Response was issues with the unscheduled maintenance.
Ellen Cordeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Hugged You:
Old 09-08-2017, 01:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006

The 2 Millionth Post Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellen Cordeaux View Post
This happened to me too. Logged in yesterday to find things returned due to 'parcel too full' and what appeared to be bounding box issues (couldn't walk into doors), stuff like that, also extreme lag.

Filed a ticket, it was fixed by the end of the day. Response was issues with the unscheduled maintenance.
Yikes! Does this affect Mainland? Ellen, can you swing by the Duchess Memorial and see if it's still there? I won't be home for hours yet.
Old 09-08-2017, 02:07 PM   #10 (permalink)
Scientist Lady of Science

Look me in the eye...

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 12/29/2006
Business: Something Wicked This Way Rezzes

Super Science Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post
Yikes! Does this affect Mainland? Ellen, can you swing by the Duchess Memorial and see if it's still there? I won't be home for hours yet.
It is there, sits all seem to be working, parcel is showing 238 out of 620 used. Build looks the same as last time I was there other than turned 180 to face the road. I presume from ditching some land.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano
I just wanted to point out how much I love the phrase "the slashfic of skill sets".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue Apparently you're a marine biologist.
Caete is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-08-2017, 02:12 PM   #11 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 2006
Business: [e bar]
Client: FS

Quote:
Sure will.

Oh Caete beat me to it!
Ellen Cordeaux is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 09-08-2017, 02:48 PM   #12 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

watching

Quote:
Yes, it affected mainland (too?).
But not everyone it seems, my neighbours seemed to have no problems at all.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-13-2017, 05:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
kortee'nea

SL Join Date: May 2007

Awards: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to Adeon Writer
Scripted objects that mess with their own physics type can dynamically change their LI. A sim restart could have triggered an event that executed something along that line.

Suspect any newly rezzed objects and check their LI.
Adeon Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2017, 06:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
I am the Script Police!

*SLU Supporter*

post_count++;

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 11/01/2005
Business: The Wastelands
Client: Official Newest
@Adeon, this was a genuine LL mess up. It was mostly unscripted content that got returned. Basically:
The grid was crapping itself. Regions started restarting. During this restart marathon something with object physics and LI calculation went bonkers. Things were returned, builds were destroyed, tears were shed.

I didn't have to ask LL for help because nothing was returned -- but I would have if I needed to.

My own experience:
Me and my residents had nothing returned. However, I had my main telehub (which is all mesh), and a few other infrastructure builds become un-walkable. The telehub is basically 12 prefab kit parts slapped together and some decor. Anyone who TP'd in, would get sandwiched between the nearest "seam" of the build. Trying to toggle different physics settings did not change this. Interestingly enough the LI was LOWER than it's original value, but still unusable.

The fix? A region restart set everything right. I am guessing that set the physics and LI correctly upon reboot.
Old 09-14-2017, 06:05 PM   #15 (permalink)
Val
n00b!1
Sole member and president of 'Coffee Addicts' club

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2006
Business: Instant Disappointment
Client: black dragon, alchemy, firestorm, singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Val
We almost had half of rented parcel return to us (no idea what sort of items as plenty accounts so did not take detailed lists to compare) while mainland owned one was fine (and other one is empty anyway). Did not notice any prim count fluxes after all got returned but the sim got rerolled rather fast as most of renters had time logs.
Val is offline   Reply With Quote