Ozimals forced to close - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » Ozimals forced to close

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-18-2017, 06:51 PM   #51 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

What time is it?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtoyoutoo View Post
you people are still stupid enough to put money into this platform? if so you deserve to loose cash. SL is dead. Nothing to see, move along now.
It's lose cash, not loose. Why is it that the daft right-wingers who slither their way onto the board can never spell, capitalize nor use punctuation to save their lives?
Jolene Benoir is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said WTF?:
Old 05-18-2017, 07:21 PM   #52 (permalink)
Just call me Beth

Singing along with old music

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 4 2009
Business: Moondrops ; Tempus Fugit; Faerycat Designs; sPunk
Client: Firestorm
Quote:
you people are still stupid enough to put money into this platform? if so you deserve to loose cash. SL is dead. Nothing to see, move along now.
I like loose cash, except when its in my laundry.

Also, when a dyslexic person can make fun of you for using the wrong word, maybe its time to sound out the words in your head and proofread?

Luz - lose
looce - loose.

[I'm not good at spelling phonetically either, but I think it makes the point]

Aribeth Zelin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #53 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aribeth Zelin View Post
I like loose cash, except when its in my laundry.
Tsk tsk. Money laundering is a crime you know.
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-18-2017, 07:32 PM   #54 (permalink)

Never the same girl twice.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 2010
Client: Second Life V3
Quote:
I feel like there's some parallel to the way people are always saying Hip Hop (or Punk) is Dead here.

Blaise Glendevon is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Orc
Old 05-18-2017, 07:40 PM   #55 (permalink)
Random Chat Bot

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Jan 19, 2007
Business: SunBunny Creative
Client: Lite-Brite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
If the bunnies are now useless, that is solely on Ozimals and customers should seek compensation from them.
That's exactly what I said earlier and people groaned. There is so much cognitive dissonance going on here it's unbelievable.
Summer Haas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:48 PM   #56 (permalink)

My Mood:
I don't see where people deserve compensation from Ozimals. Games and services close every day in SL, for a wide variety of reasons. This one had a good, long run. I'm sad to see it go. Honestly, I don't think I'd have stayed past my first 6 months if I hadn't fallen into the Bunny hobby.

But in the end, we got what we paid for for many years. That's why I groaned you.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-18-2017, 08:06 PM   #57 (permalink)
DILLIGAFF

Society's Lost Bird

SL Join Date: April 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
Tsk tsk. Money laundering is a crime you know.
Then make the dryers stop stealing eating socks.
Believe or you will not see.
WolfEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:19 PM   #58 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfEyes View Post
Then make the dryers stop stealing eating socks.
Maybe they're working with accomplices...!

Old 05-18-2017, 08:44 PM   #59 (permalink)
Random Chat Bot

My Mood:
@Blaise Glendevon

You don't think we should be compensated for unconsumed food that was purchased? For bunnies that didn't even fully mature yet? Maybe you weren't active with Ozimals recently, but for many of us we have put money into this and should be compensated for, at the very least, items that didn't get used yet.

I know the new(ish) owner of Ozimals is probably not directly responsible for all this, but they should make good on refunds for unused items and then go after the original owners for causing this mess. I suspect the only reason they aren't doing that is because they know it would take 10 years of fighting to ever see a dime.
Old 05-18-2017, 09:28 PM   #60 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Summer Haas View Post
@Blaise Glendevon
You don't think we should be compensated for unconsumed food that was purchased? For bunnies that didn't even fully mature yet?
If you apply the 0-day Timepiece Ozimals made available EVERYWHERE before the final closure, it will allow the buns to grow to their full size over the span of a week. As for food, I assume anything attached to a non-LL server could go tits up at any moment. Why would you stockpile more than necessary? Why buy more than you could write off as an acceptable loss? It's not like they ran sales on the stuff.
1 User Said Thanks:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 05-18-2017, 10:01 PM   #61 (permalink)
I am the Script Police!

*SLU Supporter*

post_count++;

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 11/01/2005
Business: The Wastelands
Client: Official Newest
Quote:
I know the new(ish) owner of Ozimals is probably not directly responsible for all this, but they should make good on refunds
You should ask the old Ozimals owners for refunds. They still have your money. If they had an interest in making the community right, they would do it. We do not have any of the money you paid to refund you with.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 05-18-2017, 10:06 PM   #62 (permalink)
Random Chat Bot

My Mood:
If I buy a "90 day supply" of food, that is entering into an agreement with the seller that says my bunny will have food and continue to function as intended for 90 days. If that 90 days becomes 10 days, I am owed compensation for the remaining 80. It's as cut and dry as it gets.

The motivation and or reasoning behind that purchase is irrelevant. The giving out of some items for free is also not adequate compensation for the unused items I paid for and have in my inventory.

Ultimately though, I think there are just not enough people who are still engaged in the bunnies to fight back and sadly I think it would be a massive uphill battle that isn't worth the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoBokrug Elytis View Post
You should ask the old Ozimals owners for refunds. They still have your money. If they had an interest in making the community right, they would do it. We do not have any of the money you paid to refund you with.
That's not the way this works. If you are the current business owner and I bought items from your company that you don't make good on, it's not up to me to go hunt down previous owners. The situation may not be your fault, but you are responsible to make good on those purchases. After compensating me, you could then go after the parties that caused your financial loss, but that isn't on me, it's on you.

Last edited by Summer Haas; 05-18-2017 at 10:11 PM.
2 Users Said WTF?:
Old 05-18-2017, 10:13 PM   #63 (permalink)
captured like a Pokemans.

bitches love to be called beautiful.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: early 2006.

The way it should work is you cool your entitlement jets until Aki and Neo have a chance to breathe, let alone recoup the thousands of dollars they're owed.

I can't believe the things that you'll say
To keep me around and close to your side.

-- Film School - Compare.

When a country is full of food, and exporting it, there can be no famine.
-- George Bernard Shaw.
Deca! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:19 PM   #64 (permalink)

Client: Garbage Viewer
Sneasel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 10:51 PM   #65 (permalink)

Scanned

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
If the bunnies are now useless, that is solely on Ozimals and customers should seek compensation from them.
That's exactly what I said earlier and people groaned. There is so much cognitive dissonance going on here it's unbelievable.
You said -
Quote:
I think it won't be much of a stretch for someone to file a class action suit against them.
A little more than semantics, but are three groans worth complaining about?

Seems like you would be proud of getting one of them, considering who it was.
bcBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 11:04 PM   #66 (permalink)
I am the Script Police!

*SLU Supporter*

post_count++;

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 11/01/2005
Business: The Wastelands
Client: Official Newest
Quote:
That's not the way this works. If you are the current business owner and I bought items from your company that you don't make good on, it's not up to me to go hunt down previous owners. The situation may not be your fault, but you are responsible to make good on those purchases. After compensating me, you could then go after the parties that caused your financial loss, but that isn't on me, it's on you.
Please bear with me as I am trying to phrase this within the facts that have already been said in our press release, because I am not going try to not say more than what we said there.

9 months ago one of the owners of Ozimals Inc. filed to dissolve the company.
That same owners' testimony in court last month, was that Ozimals Inc. isn't Ozimals "the game", and that the other co-(now-ex)-owner runs and administers Ozimals "the game".
Upon finding out that Ozimals Inc. was no longer running the game, we filed our C&D to the person currently running the game; because apparently Ozimals Inc. doesn't exist anymore.

Trust me, I really genuinely sympathize with how the current owners descisions and actions over the past 7 years, led to the game being shut down. But it is still my opinion that your exchange of goods was with one of the ex-owners. That individual took your money and sold you a product knowing full well that the other owner filed to dissolve the company 9 months ago.

They literally have the money you paid them. They gave you two targets to be angry at, without any context, and then they walked away.
NeoBokrug Elytis is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 05-18-2017, 11:34 PM   #67 (permalink)
Random Chat Bot

My Mood:
I agree with everything you said there.

I think maybe I was misunderstood in my reply to you, allow me to clarify.

First off I am fully aware of what happened based on the information you provided us. I am also fully aware that you personally are not responsible with what happened with the "Ozimals the game" business.

When you said to me "You should ask the old Ozimals owners for refunds." I took that as you meaning the very original people that you have been battling with all these years. I don't think I have to do that, I bought the items more recently and the person that owns "Ozimals the game" is responsible for all those purchases.

So when I said, "If you are the current business owner..." I meant the owner of "Ozimals the game" or anyone else that owns a business that has customers and did not mean you personally, hence the word "if" as in this is a general example of business owners being responsible.

I never for one moment felt like you personally would be responsible for that other business because you don't own or have anything to do with it. It was an illegally formed entity. That is why I earlier said, "I know the new(ish) owner of Ozimals [the game] is probably not directly responsible for all this, but they should make good on refunds for unused items and then go after the original owners for causing this mess. I suspect the only reason they aren't doing that is because they know it would take 10 years of fighting to ever see a dime."

Hope that clears things up and you know where I was coming from.
1 User Likes This:
Old 05-18-2017, 11:44 PM   #68 (permalink)

Scanned

Quote:
That's not the way this works.
If there's one thing you can determine from information offered so far, it is that there is no simple blueprint for how this works.

I'm not sure anyone purchased or was actually awarded a business with all of its profits and losses either. Sounds a little more like they were awarded an option of seeing if there were any form of compensation they could scrape from this container. Hard to blame them if they decide to just chuck it and move on.

That picture might be wrong too, but it sure as hell isn't simple from my view on the outside. How much in real dollars and cents are you invested? I wouldn't ask but its hard to imagine it being worth pushing so hard.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:00 AM   #69 (permalink)
Random Chat Bot

My Mood:
I don't really want to disclose how much publicly. It is a lot though. I am not currently going to pursue anything because fortunately for me I sell a breedables product that mitigated those losses by a very large margin. Some of my breeding friends we're not so lucky and are in for thousands of dollars.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:12 AM   #70 (permalink)
kortee'nea

SL Join Date: May 2007

Awards: 2
Send a message via Skype™ to Adeon Writer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayesha Lytton View Post
and even trying to take somebody's house.
Okay time out.

Who, is trying to take who's house, I'm confused.
Adeon Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2017, 12:21 AM   #71 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Some of my breeding friends we're not so lucky and are in for thousands of dollars.
If they're treating an online game like a good investment of thousands of dollars at any one time, the nicest thing I can say is, "This sure is a learning experience, isn't it?"
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-19-2017, 12:23 AM   #72 (permalink)
Random Chat Bot

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeon Writer View Post
Okay time out.

Who, is trying to take who's house, I'm confused.
Apparently the court did to pay for the mounting debt the originals Ozimals owners owed because of their severe irresponsibility and selfishness.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaise Glendevon View Post
If they're treating an online game like a good investment of thousands of dollars at any one time, the nicest thing I can say is, "This sure is a learning experience, isn't it?"
I get that it's not for you but you don't have to dump on other people. Some people have made millions of dollars off SL and some people have made a lot off money off Ozimals breeding specifically. I don't think anyone learned anything here other than this is a crappy situation.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:42 AM   #73 (permalink)

Scanned

Quote:
Apparently the court did to pay for the mounting debt the originals Ozimals owners owed because of their severe irresponsibility and selfishness.
Granted, I did not even look into every document linked, but from what I did read, that doesn't come close to being accurate.

It appears they offered the house in a manner of collateral. That becomes basically the same thing as a mortgage. And it looks like they are fighting that still instead of surrendering it. Not the same thing at all.
Old 05-19-2017, 12:57 AM   #74 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Yeah they offered the house in the second of like three(?) different settlement agreements - apparently none of which they ever honored despite court orders, contempt charges, and a few thousand dollars in cumulative sanctions.
Old 05-19-2017, 01:20 AM   #75 (permalink)
子猫女王

(Loading...)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/20/2008
Client: LL Viewer V3

Quote:
I don't really want to disclose how much publicly. It is a lot though. I am not currently going to pursue anything because fortunately for me I sell a breedables product that mitigated those losses by a very large margin. Some of my breeding friends we're not so lucky and are in for thousands of dollars.
Whoa!

I can barely afford to pay my rent in real life, and there are people spending thousands of dollars on virtual rabbits?

I'm obviously in the wrong profession!

Anyway... This whole situation reminds me of people who buy gift cards for a store that suddenly goes out of business before its gift card holders have redeemed their cards. In most cases, there's really nothing the gift card owners can do except write the card off as a loss. Sure, you could try to sue, but that may be like trying to squeeze blood out of a turnip.

At any rate, you can't expect Ozimals, or anyone else, to reimburse you every dime you've ever spent on an Ozimals product. That's completely unreasonable. And if you bought large amounts of food to feed your bunnies for the next several months, that, too, is a bit unreasonable. When you're dealing with a virtual world where businesses tend to come and go quickly, you never spend more than you can afford to lose, because - even if a virtual business seems solid, you never know when you're going to log in and find it's no longer there. If you do manage to get your money back, then great. But I wouldn't count on it. Legal action could cost you more than you could recoup.

Katheryne Helendale is online now   Reply With Quote