RIGGED Game Establishments-How they do it! - Page 2 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » RIGGED Game Establishments-How they do it!

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2016, 09:02 AM   #26 (permalink)
SLERPee

while(trump || pence){resist();}

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 07/15/2005
Business: Trudeau Classic Sailing Yachts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
Ya know...I've enjoyed the jokes here but hmm, maybe my expectations of this site were a little off. I can't tell if everyone here are just goof balls by nature and this is harmless fun, which would be fine...or...If I'm being mocked for being a gamer and giving a shit about something that nobody else does? It's hard sometimes to know on the internet the tones behind something. I laughed at all your jokes, but I just lost a lot of lindens today because of cheating and when I say a lot I mean thousands, so a little bit of seriousness might be cool...but then again I honestly don't care. I am a gambler, but I don't play online poker tournaments anymore because I was spending too much time and money on it...So yeah, I play stupid games in SL to keep myself entertained. I can appreciate the gambler's anonymous joke although it seemed mean spirited...If I said I had a gay sex addiction ya wouldn't put up a Gay sex anonymous number would you? No, because that would probably lead to more hook ups...yeah I forgot my fucking point...I had one but alas I forgot. Make jokes I don't care...I did preface the post by saying that if you don't play games this topic probably isn't for you...It's not like I expected a pat on the damn back or a thank you..I figure there are gamers lurking around here and maybe exposing these bastards and their tricks and cheats might save somebody the BIG LOSS I suffered today ...peace out folks...
Any gamers lurking about help me out here? Do all gamers suffer from verbal diarrhea?
Mal
1 User Said WTF?:
Mal
1 User Hugged You:
Mal
1 User Disagreed:
Mal
Old 12-04-2016, 09:29 AM   #27 (permalink)
Voice of Reason

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 10/30/2006
Client: Firestorm/CoolVL
Send a message via Skype™ to Spirits Rising
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueline trudeau View Post
Any gamers lurking about help me out here? Do all gamers suffer from verbal diarrhea?
No, we don't. Also, virtual gambling doesn't make a person a 'gamer'.
Spirits Rising is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-04-2016, 09:47 AM   #28 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

Metropolis Ice Cream makes the best shakes

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
This thread has a serious smells to coffee dilemma.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:36 AM   #29 (permalink)
Mal
Don't mess with a Bull, you get the horns

No I didn't. I said I had habitually played SL games for years and those were a couple words in a rant of about two thousand words none of which had to do with my gambling habit and everything to do with game parlors cheating and how and why they do it and how to combat it. So don't bullshit me...and besides which I wasn't really blaming anyone for it I was just telling you why I took it down and that I'm okay so no need for worry is all. Cripes, some people are cool and some have major sticks up their asses for no reason and need to stop twisting peoples words around. This is why I generally stay away from forums and will do so in the future. People like to reply to partial sentences, taken out of context and then twist it into some utter shit thread of their agenda. Fuck that.
Mal is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Awww:
2 Users Groaned:
1 User Laughed:
Old 12-04-2016, 10:45 AM   #30 (permalink)
Fizzy!

Refreshing!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!

Supermodel of the World 
I'm waiting for bacon to defrost.

Ahaha, such a simpleton. It'z so much fun playing jokez on you. I waz only here to see how she waz doing, but I had fun while I waz at it. So long, Sere, au revoir, mon ami! Pleaze dream of moi every night! Oui! ~ Harle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalStrange View Post
That's your own fault. I took your panties out of your mouth pages ago. Now you just like them there.
Lady Darnk Juniorette is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Laughed:
Old 12-04-2016, 10:52 AM   #31 (permalink)
Mal

Having a bad day Jaqueline? That was brutal, again, for no reason. Do you always go through life putting other people down in order to bolster your own fragile ego? Does that work for you in life?
1 User Said Awww:
1 User Groaned:
1 User Laughed:
Old 12-04-2016, 11:12 AM   #32 (permalink)
Voice of Reason

My Mood:
Quote:
No I didn't. I said I had habitually played SL games for years and those were a couple words in a rant of about two thousand words none of which had to do with my gambling habit and everything to do with game parlors cheating and how and why they do it and how to combat it. So don't bullshit me...and besides which I wasn't really blaming anyone for it I was just telling you why I took it down and that I'm okay so no need for worry is all. Cripes, some people are cool and some have major sticks up their asses for no reason and need to stop twisting peoples words around. This is why I generally stay away from forums and will do so in the future. People like to reply to partial sentences, taken out of context and then twist it into some utter shit thread of their agenda. Fuck that.
Quote:
Having a bad day Jaqueline? That was brutal, again, for no reason. Do you always go through life putting other people down in order to bolster your own fragile ego? Does that work for you in life?
Welcome to the Internet.
3 Users Agreed:
Old 12-04-2016, 11:41 AM   #33 (permalink)
Mal

No shit..honestly though, there are nicer people on You Tube than here and I thought the YT commenters were possibly the worst in the world. At least there you have some idea of why you're being attacked? WTF? Boredom maybe? PMS? Bipolar? Seems my perceived gambling problem (which USED to be real haha) isn't such a big deal after all.
1 User Said Awww:
2 Users Groaned:
Old 12-04-2016, 11:43 AM   #34 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

Metropolis Ice Cream makes the best shakes

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

We are worse than Youtube comments.

Free Xue is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Yay!:
Old 12-04-2016, 11:59 AM   #35 (permalink)
Senior Discount

Jesus is coming. Look busy!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: August 21, 2007
Client: Anything But 2
Quote:
No shit..honestly though, there are nicer people on You Tube than here and I thought the YT commenters were possibly the worst in the world. At least there you have some idea of why you're being attacked? WTF? Boredom maybe? PMS? Bipolar? Seems my perceived gambling problem (which USED to be real haha) isn't such a big deal after all.
You've certainly managed to get your panties in a fantastic wad over one person's post, considering said person has a less-than-distinguished history here, and especially considering WolfEyes clearly, politely, and concisely explained why we're a bit weary of this topic.

My L$2 worth -- complaining about sneaky, underhanded gambling operators in SL is about like walking into a country bar named "Charlie's Roadhouse" that has 100 Harleys parked outside and bitching about all the scary looking customers dressed in leather giving you the stink eye.

But, as the kids say, whatever. Enjoy.

U.S. Only
Casey Pelous is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Awww:
Mal
1 User Groaned:
Mal
1 User Said WTF?:
Mal
1 User Hugged You:
Mal
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-04-2016, 12:35 PM   #36 (permalink)
captured like a Pokemans.

bitches love to be called beautiful.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: early 2006.

Awards: 1
I saw this thread's progress coming as soon as I read the original, unedited OP.

10/10.

I can't believe the things that you'll say
To keep me around and close to your side.

-- Film School - Compare.

When a country is full of food, and exporting it, there can be no famine.
-- George Bernard Shaw.
Deca! is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
Mal
1 User Said WTF?:
Mal
1 User Laughed:
Mal
1 User Disagreed:
Mal
Old 12-04-2016, 12:37 PM   #37 (permalink)
Voice of Reason

My Mood:
Quote:
Oh for fuck sake, you can cease the hyperbole now.

As other users have already stated, this is a topic that has been covered quite well already - which you'd know if you'd done any research into it here PRIOR to starting this thread.

If you find the quite tame reactions you've gotten here to honestly be worse than YouTube comments... You've got little business even being on the Internet.

So, lets clear something up, shall we?

Your original post listed several ways that GAMBLING venue owners (yes, gambling venues, not 'gaming') might employ to stack things in their favor. Methods that, barring definitive evidence of the sort you simply cannot acquire, are little more than your own observations.

Yes yes, I know you stated something to that effect... at the end of your post. This has the net effect of it often being overlooked and giving your words weight they should not have.

Anyone that has even dabbled in Second Life gambling has seen these methods before, some of us having seen them employed over a longer period than you. Some of us even knowing that a few you listed actually are a bit more innocent than you wish to believe they are.

On the topic of your gambling addiction... you made an offhand mention of it in your very first post, now edited. Yet you complain about it being brought up?

You mentioned it, it is thus open to comment or discussion. Get over it.

Oh yes, you also named a place and then tried to gloss that over in a later post as being just an example - yep, bullshit. Odds are higher that you were pissed that you'd lost a large sum there recently.

Finally we come to the less than nice bit: No matter how much you get back, if you are spending thousands or more on these places then yes, you have a fucking problem and should get some fucking help for it.

To drive something home to you concerning how users have reacted to you here and how you view the reactions: This forum is rather tame compared to some places and has significantly less moderation than the official Second Life forum. If this is too much for you to handle, you can hop back to the kiddie pool or just stay off the Internet in general.
1 User Said Awww:
Mal
1 User Said WTF?:
Mal
1 User Laughed:
Mal
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-04-2016, 12:43 PM   #38 (permalink)
SLERPee

while(trump || pence){resist();}

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 07/15/2005
Business: Trudeau Classic Sailing Yachts
Quote:
Yes, plenty reason - a wall of run-on stream of consciousness text. Everyone who posts like that gets the same treatment. Anyone who talks like that in my RL gets that same treatment.

Mal, you of the single digit post count, here's some advice. Take the temperature of the room before calling out the long time inhabitants, ok?
jacqueline trudeau is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Awww:
Mal
1 User Hugged You:
Mal
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-04-2016, 12:50 PM   #39 (permalink)
Coin-operated

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirits Rising View Post
(yes, gambling venues, not 'gaming')
Although it's industry-wide, by no means limited to online, this use of "gaming" does seem more misleading than mere euphemism. It's as if the "undertaker"-"mortician"-"funeral director" series next progressed to "astronaut".
Qie Niangao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2016, 01:16 PM   #40 (permalink)

My Mood:

Also, your little "cyber bullies suck" thing in response to this thread is a complete bunch of hyperbolic crap that makes light of actual cyberbullying, which can result in death for the victims.

You losing tons of money on an online game is your own fault, and mentioning it on a public forum is also your own fault. No one doxxed you and found it out and is using it to shame you. In fact, the nastiest this thread had gotten is you accusing people of possibly having bipolar disorder for daring to reply to you on a forum.

Get over yourself.
1 User Said Awww:
Mal
1 User Said Yay!:
Mal
1 User Said WTF?:
Mal
1 User Hugged You:
Mal
1 User Likes This:
Old 12-04-2016, 01:22 PM   #41 (permalink)
Mal

I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the twats here, yes most of you are though a few were either funny or cool...Are the sensitive snowflake SJW type, who have no logical brain, think on an emotional level, have no friends in RL, make posts here of a few words or less, actually believe yourselves to be funny (when really only one person made a comment that was remotely funny), are crass, mean people in RL with no lovers or lovelifes to speak of, are mentally void of anything useful to add to society, are anti-social, spiritually bankrupt, children. I forgive you for being outcasts. You are really doing Second Life a disservice though by treating others in this way. I shouldn't have to read your unintelligible bashing threads to know if whether or not someone has already posted about game establishments or not. Do you hear yourselves? WTF is wrong with you? It's a forum, a dead one at that, with little to no life left in it and not much interesting content. Know why? Because of you...oh yes, nod and accept it. This is the BULLYING class of SL users it seems and sadly I stumbled into a trap when I posted here. You have no friends in SL so you hang out here, bicker and fight, think that you are somehow intellectuals when really you're a giant, festering, diseased TWAT. You're killing SL too by turning residents away, making fun of them, dissecting their posts with your dime store pop psychology. Enough already! Go back to grade school and learn how to treat people. PISS OFF fruitcakes! haha

Oh but do have a nice day
1 User Said Awww:
2 Users Disagreed:
Old 12-04-2016, 01:23 PM   #42 (permalink)

My Mood:

That's bingo, folks.

It's also about five personalities in one post.
1 User Said Awww:
Mal
1 User Laughed:
Old 12-04-2016, 01:24 PM   #43 (permalink)
Ponderer

*SLU Supporter*

sigh....FFS

My Mood:
SL Join Date: September 2010
Quote:
I'm going to go out on a limb and suggest that the twats here, yes most of you are though a few were either funny or cool...Are the sensitive snowflake SJW type, who have no logical brain, think on an emotional level, have no friends in RL, make posts here of a few words or less, actually believe yourselves to be funny (when really only one person made a comment that was remotely funny), are crass, mean people in RL with no lovers or lovelifes to speak of, are mentally void of anything useful to add to society, are anti-social, spiritually bankrupt, children. I forgive you for being outcasts. You are really doing Second Life a disservice though by treating others in this way. I shouldn't have to read your unintelligible bashing threads to know if whether or not someone has already posted about game establishments or not. Do you hear yourselves? WTF is wrong with you? It's a forum, a dead one at that, with little to no life left in it and not much interesting content. Know why? Because of you...oh yes, nod and accept it. This is the BULLYING class of SL users it seems and sadly I stumbled into a trap when I posted here. You have no friends in SL so you hang out here, bicker and fight, think that you are somehow intellectuals when really you're a giant, festering, diseased TWAT. You're killing SL too by turning residents away, making fun of them, dissecting their posts with your dime store pop psychology. Enough already! Go back to grade school and learn how to treat people. PISS OFF fruitcakes! haha

Bitch, please....
Old 12-04-2016, 01:27 PM   #44 (permalink)
Voice of Reason

My Mood:
Thanks for the laugh kid, you pretty much just proved you have no business even being on the Internet.
1 User Said Awww:
Mal
1 User Said Yay!:
Mal
1 User Laughed:
Mal
1 User Hugged You:
Mal
3 Users Agreed:
Old 12-04-2016, 01:28 PM   #45 (permalink)

My Mood:

Mal making a cool, calm and rational post:

Old 12-04-2016, 01:33 PM   #46 (permalink)
Mal

Okay the Jim Carrey joke was funny...I'll give you that
Old 12-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #47 (permalink)
Fizzy!

Refreshing!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!

Supermodel of the World 
Quote:

Lady Darnk Juniorette is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
Old 12-04-2016, 01:38 PM   #48 (permalink)

Since I cannot inspect the scripts of the games, and there is no regulatory body that inspects games, I have to assume that many could and would be rigged.

I am not an expert in LSL, but it's similar to MUSH scripting I used to do. I scripted quite a few games of chance, and it was a trivial matter for me to install backdoor ways to rig them. (By the way: Actual money did not exchange hands. And it was a roleplaying MUSH, so backdoors were scripted into the mini-games for occasions when the mini-games were included in roleplaying and the storyteller needed a plot-related outcome.) I figure if I can do it easily in MUSH, then LSL scripters can easily do it to me in SL.

As a practical matter, I assume that gaming parlor operators are buying games no-mod from merchants, preventing easy tinkering with scripts. But I have no way of actually tracing the purchase history of games, the permissions on the parts, or whether the games are even authentic and not counterfeit.

I would not necessarily have any means of detecting whether a real life casino would be cheating me. But at least the facts that there is a regulatory body watching over it, and it is trading on reputation, make it harder for the real life casino to cheat me.

I do wonder how many people believe that the approval process for games in Second Life acts as some sort of regulation or stamp of approval. Game approval does not exist to protect residents, it exists solely to shield Linden Lab from certain types of liability.
Mal
Old 12-04-2016, 01:40 PM   #49 (permalink)
Mal

I do always get a kick out of people who love something so much that they squeeze the life out of it until they kill it. I'm referring to this message board. Seriously, when you attack new members for your own kicks or to fit in with the group mentality of bullying people you ARE bullies. Own it and then stop doing it. I couldn't give two shits or one fuck about you and I laugh at your miserable, backbiting bullying but some others might not. Others who come here might walk away hurt....something to ponder while you're sitting there thinking up new attacks to launch onto unsuspecting SL residents who have the misfortune of stumbling onto this pack of ravenous wolves.
1 User Groaned:
Old 12-04-2016, 01:41 PM   #50 (permalink)

My Mood:

"Fuck you guys, you're all terrible and I'm leaving."

2 Users Laughed:
1 User Agreed: