BURN2 2015 - Carnival of Mirrors - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > General SL Discussion » BURN2 2015 - Carnival of Mirrors

General SL Discussion Discuss topics related to Second Life

Sponsor:
LIONHEART - We Have Your Land

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2015, 11:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec. 10, 2007
Client: Mac OS X
BURN2 2015 - Carnival of Mirrors

This year’s theme is about mirrors and masks, mazes and merger. It will be a kind of magic show that takes the form of an old ­fashioned carnival. This Carnival of Mirrors asks three essential questions: within our media­ saturated world, where products and people, consumption and communion morph into an endlessly diverting spectacle, who is the trickster, who is being tricked, and how might we discover who we really are?

Classic carnivals, as theaters of illusion, upheld a very strict dividing line that separated carnies, cast as showmen, from members of a naďve public who were labeled chumps and suckers, marks and rubes. Our carnival, however, will perform an even more subversive trick — its motto is Include the Rube. The wall dividing the observer from observed will disappear, as by an act of magic; through the alchemy of interaction, everyone at once can be the carny and the fool.

With great glee and inspired excitement, we announce the upcoming BURN2: Carnival of Mirrors. The event will take place October 17­-25, 2015, culminating in the Burning of the Man on the 24th and the Temple Burn on the 25th. Going into this season of preparation, the annual plot sale opens, along with the Plot Lottery and Juried Art Camp Applications. This year we will gift MORE free plots in the Plot Lottery! And prices for the plot sale are LOWER!

Get all the information you need about the Plot Lottery and Juried Art Camp applications by going to ​www.burn2.org | Celebrating Community, Art, and Fire through the principles of BURNING MAN and finding the link to the desired application form in the menu at left under “Carnival of Mirrors.” Read all the information on the form including the guidelines and Ten Principles before you submit your application.

Builder guidelines are available at ​ Builder Guidelines for BURN2 | www.burn2.org – playa aesthetics mirroring the Black Rock Desert are in effect for this event.

You can purchase a plot for BURN2 at the kiosks on the playa. In the spirit of the theme, your receipt will be in the form of a wearable mask. Prices are as follows, and we are happy to note the prices are lower than last year:

Kiosk Location | Burning Man- Deep Hole

L$2500 = 512sqm, 117 LI
L$5000 = 1024sqm, 234 LI
L$10000 = 2048sqm, 468 LI
L$20000 = 4096sqm, 936 LI

Think about the mirrors, masks, mazes and mergers, let the word “Carnival” evoke inspiration in your creative mind, then come, participate, in this fiercely fun and fiery fiesta!

Please let us know when you have included us in your publications as we link back to online TV, magazine and blog posts at​ ​ Media Coverage of BURN2 | www.burn2.org . We would love to include you! Just email a link to your content to ​ communications@burn2.org​ , and we will include it.

BURN2 is the virtual extension of the Burning Man festival and community into the world of Second Life. It spreads Burning Culture and the​ Burning Man Ten Principles​ all year round. BURN2 is one Burning Man regional, out of more than 100 first world Regional groups.

We encourage you to use the following labels and hashtags when you write about the event: Burn2, #burn2 . We will promote those tags to make it easier for people to find your content.

Want more information? Check out these resources:

Website:​ ​ www.burn2.org | Celebrating Community, Art, and Fire through the principles of BURNING MAN
Flickr:​ ​http://www.flickr.com/groups/burn2/
Twitter: ​ https://twitter.com/BURN2BURNER
Facebook Page:​ ​ https://www.facebook.com/BURN2BURNERS
Facebook Group:​ ​ https://www.facebook.com/groups/Burn2.SL/
Regional Page:​ ​ http://regionals.burningman.com/regi...e/second­life/

Contact people:

Communications: communications@burn2.org
Steering Committee:​ steering@burn2.org
BURNING MAN Regional Contact: ​ secondlife@burningman.com
Dakota Schwade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer
Cock Chafer

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Client: Catznip or the Official but I dabble in others

Awards: 1
The Penis Handler 
This theme is going to inspire some fabulous builds and camps.
Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2015, 01:50 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2006
Client: Firestorm
Looking forward to this.
Quinn Wyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 05:14 PM   #4 (permalink)

I am looking forward to it. Wish I could go to Burning Man RL!
sldenizen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2015, 10:51 PM   #5 (permalink)
Myf
McMahon

A Small Field Squirrel

My Mood:
SL Join Date: March '07
Business: Myficalities
Client: the one you hate

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Got mah plot, now I'm waiting for this idea I've got to solidify.
Myf is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 08-24-2015, 01:47 PM   #6 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Not being able to build should not stop you from having a spot in October.

Nor should not having any money.

Apply for a free plot -- BURN2 2015 Plot Lottery! | www.burn2.org

Then start planning. A great arrangement of purchased items is fine for a camp. Or, as others have done, take a basic building lesson and start making your own stuff (it really is easy). Lastly, you could work with friends and build a place together.

Don't limit yourself, participate to the full to get the maximum BURN2 experience.

IM Huntress Catteneo for lessons.
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 08-28-2015, 10:11 PM   #7 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
A message from the BURN2 Performance Wranglers ...

BURN2 2015 - Carnival of Mirrors
October 17-25, 2015

Hello Performers!

I hope you are ready to perform at BURN2 this year. Our theme is Carnival of Mirrors.

We will be doing things a little differently this year. We will have two stages and will be accepting all kinds of entertainment. The Center Camp stage and an outdoor stage near the Man, appropriately called the Man Stage. Both stages will be available for bookings almost 24 hours every day except for the hours when we have our Lamplighter processions and Burns. Avatars of all species are welcome to perform as we firmly believe in radical inclusion. We want to present the widest variety of entertainment from all over this wonderful virtual world without borders in which we live.

The Man Stage will be primarily for DJ's and some live music performers. We also welcome comedic ensembles, dance troupes, and other performance artists to present their shows here, too.

The Center Camp stage will be a little cozier and more intimate. A perfect spot for solo singers and music performers, stand-up comics, and storytellers.

Both stages will be open and available for spontaneous open mics during down times.

A self-sign up sheet will be available any time now for both stages and soon after sign up opens we will begin giving performer info sessions. All performers must take the info session. There will be many opportunities to have an info session in all time zones so please do not wait until the last minute.

For more info get in touch with Eifachfilm Vacirca or Larree Quixote.

Thank you!
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 09-01-2015, 03:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Plot Sale Continues
Get a Plot before 8 September, Get Some Extras!

If you get a plot for the upcoming October Burn event themed "Carnival of Mirrors" before the 8th of September, you may be able to have your plot customised.

What does this mean? It means you will have some flexibility with your plot, including:

1) Mirror Water. This is an option that is specific to this year's Carnival of Mirrors theme. For an example of this mirror water feature, see the image below.

2) Custom Shaped Plot. We can parcel your plot with boundaries to your (within reason) specifications. The plot size will not change in terms of square meters, but the plot shape can vary from the usual square or rectangular configuration.

3) Modestly Increased Height Limits. If you get a 512sqm, 1024sqm or 2048sqm plot before the 8th of September, your height limit will be a bit higher than if you get it after the 8th.

You will be required to attend at least ONE short and simple information session to ensure full understanding of the builder guidelines, playa aesthetics and Ten Principles of Burning Man, all of which will be in force for the October event. Once attended you will receive your builder tags and be able to build on your plot once it is placed.

So, what's holding you back? The plots even cost LESS than they have in the past two years! This is a unique opportunity to do something a bit different this year while still keeping within the traditional playa aesthetics.

After you reserve your plot, wander on over to the Center Camp tent and watch the live stream of Burning Man we've got going on the screen there.
Old 09-19-2015, 10:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
Glancing at my calendar / clock -- it is Saturday, September 19 at 8:38pm SLT.

You (yes, you! ) have a little more than 24 hours, until midnight SLT on Sunday, September 20 to purchase a last-minute parcel for the upcoming Carnival of Mirrors BURN2 event.

Your artistic side needs a place to play. Come on down!

Kiosk Location | Burning Man- Deep Hole