Wow! Skyrim Holy ***** - Page 7 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Gaming » WOW! Skyrim Holy *****

Gaming Discuss all aspects of gaming.

Sponsor:
Wicked Muses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2017, 12:53 AM   #151 (permalink)
Scientist Lady of Science

Look me in the eye...

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 12/29/2006
Business: Something Wicked This Way Rezzes

Awards: 1
Super Science Award 
He does state that the orginal mod maker made this or maybe that was one of the other 50000000 videos that have flooded my feed about this.

If you look at what we got in FO4CC, the alleged content we're getting out of the gate falls right in line with the lowered expectations I have for anything dealing with CC. There are exceptions but buttercup power armor? Not the best mod to launch your new cash cow with. Same with all these SCC mods if they hold to be true to guesswork. The exception there being the Survival mod. The rest of it can kiss my arse and I'll grab survival while it is free because, fuck Bethesda that's why.

But remember, these paid mods aren't paid mods, Bethesda says they are DLC! Also Chesko only made money while working with Bethesda to get this mod, sorry, DLC completed. They get no commission off sales.

FO4CC launched with a tiny amount of items. I don't think Bethesda will launch SCC with more than we got with FO4CC.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano
I just wanted to point out how much I love the phrase "the slashfic of skill sets".
Quote:
Originally Posted by Free Xue Apparently you're a marine biologist.
Caete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2017, 02:04 PM   #152 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Well the good news is that by all accounts, CC doesn't exist for you unless you want it to. I guess the most you ever absolutely have to see of it is a line option on the main menu screen, so...meh.

Meanwhile, SkyUI is officially ported to SE! "Alpha", but by all accounts stable. Still, not recommended you use it or SKSE64 generally for any like real dedicated playthroughs as long as they remain in alpha status.
Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
Old 10-02-2017, 02:17 PM   #153 (permalink)

Look me in the eye...

My Mood:

Super Science Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakota Tebaldi View Post
Well the good news is that by all accounts, CC doesn't exist for you unless you want it to. I guess the most you ever absolutely have to see of it is a line option on the main menu screen, so...meh.

Meanwhile, SkyUI is officially ported to SE! "Alpha", but by all accounts stable. Still, not recommended you use it or SKSE64 generally for any like real dedicated playthroughs as long as they remain in alpha status.
Actually it is even less existant for some of us! Seems CC is Skyrim Special Edition only. So those of us who are still playing old school regular Skyrim are exempt from it. Yes, some of us don't want to give up our mods that don't have an SE version. Plus I'm not going to dig through and try and find where all 218 of my mods came from and download the updates if available.

One of the best Creation Club mods is the creation club! A nice jab at the prevalent tactics of virtual currency offering you bundles that are either not quite enough to get what you want or leave you with a lot more than you want... that sounds so familiar! Anyhow, here's the details of the Creation Club:

The Creation Club is a playable Giant's Club with a new texture.
Craft the Creation Club by using a cooking pot to convert your Gold Septims into Broken Souls. Then you can use 3 Broken Souls at any forge to craft the Creation Club.

You can make a batch of 2 Broken Souls for 799 Gold Septims at a cooking pot. You will need 3 Broken Souls to forge the Creation Club this means you will have to craft the Broken Soul item twice. So, the Creation Club will cost you a total of 1598 Gold Septims and you will have a leftover Broken Soul for future use.
Old 10-02-2017, 03:15 PM   #154 (permalink)
Not a Supervillian

Quo.

My Mood:
They are not DLC because the Season Pass includes all the DLC. But Bethesda promised no paid mods. So they are obviously Mini DLC.

Et cum patronus tuus uerbo oportet causidicum, vos postulo causidicum.
Veritable Quandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2017, 04:19 PM   #155 (permalink)

Look me in the eye...

My Mood:

Super Science Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Veritable Quandry View Post
They are not DLC because the Season Pass includes all the DLC. But Bethesda promised no paid mods. So they are obviously Mini DLC.
Maybe Collectible DLC!!
1 User Laughed:
Old 01-21-2018, 10:00 PM   #156 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Okay so, it's now 2018. Many people who made decisions one or two years ago not to bother with modding SE based on a lack of mods for it at that time, may be interested in where things stand now.

Firstly, to reiterate what hasn't changed: any Oldrim mod that doesn't require SKSE, can be ported by you. That includes all texture mods, all mesh replacers, all sound mods, many quest mods, skill/perk overhauls, environment mods, yadda yadda. Many Oldrim mods can be directly installed into SE; the main hangups are that meshes need to be converted to the SE format (there's a free tool for this), and BSAs need to be unpacked and .ESPs re-saved in the Special Edition's Creation Kit. But yeah I realize people don't have the inclination to learn all that. Well, there's good news - most by far of the most popular mods by now have been officially ported and/or new specialized versions of them are on the SE Nexus already.

So, here's where things stand, basically, as far as mods for SE go:

Mod Organizer 2 has been picked up and is being worked on again by a new team. The newest version, released last month, is much easier to use and drastically more bug-free than the MO2 "beta" that everyone has been having to use so far. Get it and love it!

SKSE64 exists. It is currently at version 2.0.6, and is still labeled as alpha; but by this point in time, it's been figured out by most testers that there's no serious glitches with SKSE64 itself, and you should stay out of trouble as long as you use mods from Nexus that have been "officially" ported to use it, and of course heed all notices and warnings and instructions on the individual mod pages, which you should be doing for any mod anyway. Be aware that anytime Beth/Steam updates SkyrimSE on Steam, SKSE64 will not work until it is also updated to recognize the new runtime - but the SKSE64 team has been highly responsive when this happens and an update has never taken more than a day or two at most to drop.

Also, many mod authors that require SKSE64 have been keeping their mods in an "alpha" or "beta" release state and will for as long as SKSE64 continues to be "alpha". Doing research to figure out whether it's a CYA thing or whether a mod actually has problems that would make you not want to use it, should be easy enough to do for any given mod. As an extra precaution, you may want to set up two distinct SKSE64-based and non-SKSE profiles in MO2 (or whatever mod manager you use, assuming it supports that kind of thing), so that if you run into a problem you aren't stuck not being able to play at all until you sort it out.

With all that in mind....

SkyUI 5 for SE is out and working, by all accounts fine. Other UI mods like iHUD, moreHUD, AMOT, and so forth are ported too.

All of the major and most popular HD texture packs (for items, landscapes, foliage, animals, rocks, buildings, weapons, etc) are available on the SE Nexus.

SMIM, animated objects, and other such clutter/object remeshes are on SE Nexus.

All of the major audio overhauls are on the SE Nexus.

Most by far of the popular character beautification mods are on the SE Nexus; including UNP, CBBE, WICO, various NPC overhauls (all the Bijin's for instance), a number of realistic skins, hair, beard, tattoos, etc.

ECE is available; RaceMenu is not yet but is being worked on.

Immersive Armors is on the SE Nexus, as are Rustic Clothing and a whole legion of custom armors. The aMidianBorn series isn't on the SE Nexus, because it's unnecessary - the mods and patches from the Oldrim Nexus pages install into SE with no special actions needed.

Real Bows, leanwolf's Realistic Weapons, and the other most popular weapon remeshes are available on SE Nexus.

Ordinator, Requiem, PerMa, and other perk-tree/skill overhauls have done been out on SE Nexus since practically the beginning.

AFT and EFF are on the SE Nexus. Inigo, Sofia, Vilja, and other such custom followers have been ported. Many of the countless lame "waifu-type" followers have been ported as well.

Camping, Frostfall, Hunterborn, Cooking in Skyrim, iNeed, Milk Drinker, cloaks mods, Wet & Cold, Footprints, Lively Inns, and other survival/realism/immersion type mods have been ported. Immersive Patrols, SAFO, ars metallica, various magic overhauls, combat overhauls, Convenient Horses, and all manner of other gameplay mods have also been ported.

Sigh - not my cup of tea, but I know a whole lot of people like it, so...a couple of weeks ago, a full-version beta of SexLab was released, and apparently many/most of the addons or quest mods that interface with it work, you'll have to check the appropriate pages for details. I guess a SexLab lite version has already been available for a while.

All of the best-known weather and climate mods have been ported. A number of ENBs are available as well. One thing that doesn't positively exist yet for SE is subsurface scattering, because the original ENB guy apparently isn't keen on having to rebuild the functionality from scratch again; but a fairly decent fakearound to simulate SSS is available in the SE Nexus.

A tentative body physics mod called CBP was released last month on SE Nexus. Its author says it is really intended as a placeholder until the real HDT finally makes it (it's taking a while I guess because the SDK for the physics engine Skyrim SE uses is not as widely-available as the one used for legacy Skyrim was? Or something, I dunno). It requires the HDT skellington and should work with any weighted HDT-enabled clothing and armor, but admittedly not much HDT stuff is available already-ported in the SE Nexus yet because CBP just came out, so you'll mostly have to either wait or port HDT-enabled Oldrim stuff on your own and there could be glitches, etc. But then, setting up HDT and getting it to work right in Oldrim was usually a glitchy troubleshooting-laden process already. HDT/Physics is really the only thing I seriously miss that SE doesn't have yet. Because I will admit - playing in Oldrim and watching your character's hair and equipment bounce and their cloak flutter while you're running is awesome and spoils you, and it kinda does hurt to play without them once you've seen them. Not enough for me to not play SE, but it's something I'm definitely waiting impatiently for. Also, moving boobs if you like those.

Oh, the 360 run mod (also ported to SE Nexus) can animate your long cape or cloak to flow back somewhat whenever you're moving, and that will at least eliminate any foot clipping while you're walking or running.

So, if there was something a year or two ago that wasn't available for SE yet and you were just like "there's just no way I can play this game without that thing, sorry", it might be worth checking out the SE Nexus and seeing if, between then and now, that thing has become available. It's worth it, IMO; even when you start stacking on the mods, Skyrim SE just seems to flow smoother and quicker and work better that Oldrim, at least on my machine - and I'm not the only one who thinks so, either. Anyways, give it another look.
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 01-21-2018, 10:26 PM   #157 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
Client: Firestorm
I have to admit.

I completely forgot SE was even a thing.

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
Ramen Jedburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2018, 02:46 PM   #158 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Yup! Still around and kicking. It did not make a big splash for its first couple of years because there were so few mods available for it. The reason for that is mostly (well, almost entirely) because the original Skyrim modding community by that time had come to rely so heavily on extended scripting and the MCM menu introduced by SkyUI, that many popular mod creators simply were not interested in porting or developing mods for SE without those tools available, and many players simply were not interested in playing without those popular mods. And most of the team that originally developed SKSE was essentially no longer interested in redeveloping it again just for Skyrim SE, so it took forever to show up.

The good news is some new devs joined and so SKSE64 DID show up last year finally, and since that time the number of mods that have been ported or remade for SE has really exploded. I don't think there's a single mod from my Oldrim list that doesn't have an SE version aside from the HDT physics which the word on the street says is being actively worked on.
Old 01-23-2018, 09:54 PM   #159 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Some eye candy by some random YouTube player, showing what you can get Skyrim SE looking like if you want. I don't agree with all of this person's mod choices, but it's a good example of what's around.

And another purty one:

Last edited by Dakota Tebaldi; 01-23-2018 at 10:02 PM.
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 03-04-2018, 02:07 PM   #160 (permalink)
hard rocking kitsune

I play skyrim. I wonder if anyone hates it when your follower gets in the way when you're casting spells when you play as a mage and you hit your follower?

I'm like Lydia,Serena,any follower,get out of the way of my spell casting.

Oakleaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 04:42 PM   #161 (permalink)
Squirrelly

Pancakes for all!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 24, 2006
Client: Frestorm, Singularity, Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakleaf View Post
I play skyrim. I wonder if anyone hates it when your follower gets in the way when you're casting spells when you play as a mage and you hit your follower?

I'm like Lydia,Serena,any follower,get out of the way of my spell casting.
I hold out for the Khajiit guy from the caravan near Riften (Kharjo, I think). He doesn't seem to be nearly as bad as (A) rushing into battle while I'm trying to snipe or (B) hanging out in doorways.
Beezle Warburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2018, 06:18 PM   #162 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
I usually just leave my companion at my house because I don't want them to die.
1 User Said Awww:
2 Users Agreed:
Old 03-04-2018, 06:27 PM   #163 (permalink)
Squirrelly

Pancakes for all!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 24, 2006
Client: Frestorm, Singularity, Official

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Jedburgh View Post
I usually just leave my companion at my house because I don't want them to die.
Use the console to set them as essential And spouses.

I did that for horses too before I put in the Convenient Horses mod that does it for me.
Beezle Warburton is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 03-04-2018, 07:17 PM   #164 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

I kinda got used to moving around a lot and strafing to keep a clear shot on my target when my companion starts getting in the way. It makes battles a little more dynamic anyways.

It was actually Oblivion that gave me the biggest headache when it came to accidental friendly fire. It always happened during the big fight at Kvatch - when you close the hell-gate and join the guards to take the city back from all the critters. There's so many guards and you can't help but accidentally kill one of them during the melee because they're everywhere, including in your way. But it was annoying because, okay, you kill one of the guards - and then you get that spooky screen message like "Oooo, somebody saw you do that..." and you're like huh? But you shrug it off, and then you win the battle and Kvatch is saved. And then the next time you go to sleep that lamer from the Dark Brotherhood shows up like, "Hey I heard you like being a stone cold murderer, wanna join my murder-club?" and you wanna be like "It was an accident you moron, I didn't even see the person I supposedly hit, and what were you guys doing just sitting there spying on people in the middle of an Oblivion invasion anyway, a little help would've been nice you useless bastards", except you can't because that's not one of the dialogue options.
1 User Agreed:
Old 03-04-2018, 08:48 PM   #165 (permalink)
hard rocking kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle Warburton View Post

I did that for horses too before I put in the Convenient Horses mod that does it for me.
Can't do that on nintendo switch.
Old 03-04-2018, 08:52 PM   #166 (permalink)

Look me in the eye...

My Mood:

Super Science Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezle Warburton View Post

You set your horses as your spouses?
1 User Laughed:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 03-04-2018, 09:42 PM   #167 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist

Heya ^_^

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakleaf View Post
Can't do that on nintendo switch.
TES is all aboit mods and is always best on PC.
Old 03-07-2018, 01:54 PM   #168 (permalink)
hard rocking kitsune

Next Elder Scrolls game i think npc's should be able to notice stuff you do and comment on it.

Like Harkon and Isran doing their speeches or talking down to your character. I'm like i saved your world from a dragon you idiots.
Old 03-07-2018, 05:02 PM   #169 (permalink)
AKA: Marita Mumfuzz

*SLU Supporter*

Mostly Lurking

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Don't remember
Business: None , SL is for relaxin no work
Client: Any except Official

Speaking of Followers .....

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspec...tion/mods/2180

She is one of the better ones , if not the best.

Best part is her comments , she knows where you are and has appropriate comments
... especially about the darling little Braith in Whiterun.

I think politicians should be required to dress like race car drivers.

That way we would know who their corporate sponsors are.

There was a time when the stupid were eaten by predators.

Now, they run for public office.
Marita is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 03-14-2018, 10:09 PM   #170 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Bethesda says that Skyrim VR for PC will be released in a couple of weeks. Which is cool sure. But, while I love the Skyrim modding scene, I have to say I'd kinda rather that actual Bethesda was working on TES 6, rather than spending time and resources porting Skyrim to everything but Etch-a-Sketches. You kinda get the feeling that on some level somewhere, someone at Bethesda believes that Skyrim is the ultimate TES game and there's just no possible way anything better needs to be or could be made.
1 User Agreed:
Old 05-10-2018, 01:50 PM   #171 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

ENB for Skyrim SE now has full subsurface scattering, just like for Oldrim.
2 Users Like This: