Age of Conan Combat Video - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Gaming » Age of Conan Combat Video

Gaming Discuss all aspects of gaming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2008, 10:00 PM   #1 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 12, 2003

Awards: 1
Gaming Guru 
Age of Conan Combat Video

This MMO won't just involve clicking on the taskbar which will make it probably a good bit harder than playing WoW. This game will definitely not be a game for casual players or ones with queasy stomachs.

YouTube - Age of Conan Combat Mechanics
Edav Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/2/2006
Send a message via AIM to Predreus Send a message via MSN to Predreus Send a message via Yahoo to Predreus Send a message via Skype™ to Predreus
I'm not sure how much I like the idea of attacking and blocking/shielding using the same keys that are toggled by holding down the ctrl key. And the pure blocking seems kinda meh, if someone tried to do that to me in PvP while they are trying to get healed by a healer, I would either go after the healer myself of have someone else in my team go after him. Or I could just have someone attack him/her from behind.
Old 04-05-2008, 04:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Cheese Baron

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/6/2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predreus View Post
And the pure blocking seems kinda meh, if someone tried to do that to me in PvP while they are trying to get healed by a healer, I would either go after the healer myself of have someone else in my team go after him. Or I could just have someone attack him/her from behind.
I think that's the idea.
Lianne Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
Cheese Baron

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/6/2004
Lianne Marten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2008, 09:48 PM   #6 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 12, 2003

Awards: 1
Gaming Guru 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Predreus View Post
I'm not sure how much I like the idea of attacking and blocking/shielding using the same keys that are toggled by holding down the ctrl key. And the pure blocking seems kinda meh, if someone tried to do that to me in PvP while they are trying to get healed by a healer, I would either go after the healer myself of have someone else in my team go after him. Or I could just have someone attack him/her from behind.
The way combat is done is more real than the way it is done in WoW, but I'm afraid it'll just be the hardcore gamers who'll be in the game a few months after launch. Not sure there are enough hardcore PC MMO gamers to keep it afloat. There maybe enough after it comes out on the Xbox 360 though when it comes out for that platform later this year. The combat is probably also made that way so it'll work on a console a lot better than the other MMOs out there.
Edav Nomad is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo, age of conan, combat