Bioshock Infinite - Industrial Revolution flash game - consequences - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Gaming » Bioshock Infinite - Industrial Revolution flash game - consequences

Gaming Discuss all aspects of gaming.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2012, 02:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
Say Cheese!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 30, 2003
Client: Nirans Viewer
Post Bioshock Infinite - Industrial Revolution flash game - consequences

Prior to starting this thread, I did a search for Bioshock and found the existing threads were old. If my starting a new thread is a problem, please let me know.

I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite (PC) over a year ago but just found out that only new pre-orders get a promo code for the Industrial Revolution minigame that's available for access now ( see: https://www.finkmanufacturing.com/ )

The mini-game allegedly has consequences that affect gameplay in Bioshock Infinite, especially if all tasks in the mini-game are completed. The two major factions in the Bioshock Infinite story are represented, and the player must pick between one faction or the other as a choice after the puzzle/task is completed.

Unlocks from minigame (pasted from IGN.COM - www.ign.com/wikis/bioshock-infinite/BioShock_Infinite_Industrial_Revolution )
* Silver Eagles (in-game currency that can be used to purchase items and upgrades in BioShock Infinite)
* Lockpicks (for use in BioShock Infinite to unlock doors)
* Handyman Nemesis Gear (deal additional damage to Handymen enemies in BioShock Infinite)
* Sugar Rush Gear (move faster for a short time after eating any snack in BioShock Infinite)
* Fleet Feet Gear (don't slow down as much when you back away or sidestep)
* After completing Task 59, players will unlock an Alliance Pack for either the Vox Populi or Founders depending on their final choice, including a Facebook Avatar, Facebook Cover Photo and Twitter Background representing their chosen side.

I have not seen details on just how significant the impact is of giving the "Alliance Pack" to one faction versus the other.

NOTES:

If any of you were so loyal to Irrational that you also pre-ordered early as well, note that I placed a new pre-order for Bioshock Infinite PS3 at Amazon and they sent me a code right away, without need for canceling my PC version order.

After creating an account at the mini-game site (you can use Facebook as a substitute), I was asked to pick my platform (XBOX, PS3, PC or Steam) and then input my promo code to allow access to the minigame. I chose PC (despite having ordered the PS3 version to get the code) and it allowed me to proceed.

Last edited by axelvalentino; 11-03-2012 at 03:10 PM.
axelvalentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
That Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

Innocent as far as you know

My Mood:
SL Join Date: late 04 original account, mid 05 current
Quote:
Originally Posted by axelvalentino View Post
[...]
I pre-ordered Bioshock Infinite (PC) over a year ago but just found out that only new pre-orders get a promo code for the Industrial Revolution minigame that's available for access now ( see: https://www.finkmanufacturing.com/ )[...]
I really hate when companies do this... it's like a big "screw you" to everyone that supported them in the past...
It's not enough to care about liberty if the only liberty you care about is your own.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jupiter Firelyte View Post
Why doesn't anyone ever ask, "What is the real meaning of the winter solstice?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboni Khan View Post
Thanks for being passive agressive.
Void is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-26-2012, 08:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Say Cheese!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: December 30, 2003
Client: Nirans Viewer
Quote:
Void said: I really hate when companies do this... it's like a big "screw you" to everyone that supported them in the past...
My apologies, Void. I did not catch the fact that I got a reply.

I have to agree... it would have been pretty trivial to retroactively give this out.

Anyone who didn't get a chance to purchase the Ultimate Songbird edition before it appeared to sell out during pre-orders, please note that Amazon appears to have copies available of the PC edition for retail price, and eligible for Amazon Prime shipping.

Amazon.com: Bioshock Infinite: Ultimate Songbird Edition: Pc: Video Games

axelvalentino is offline   Reply With Quote