Nobody Cares! Gaming Edition - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Gaming » Nobody Cares! Gaming Edition

Gaming Discuss all aspects of gaming.

Sponsor:
Wicked Muses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 07:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Account Closed
so much for status

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2/8/2008
Client: Phoenix, Exodus
Nobody Cares! Gaming Edition

A little thread for your day-to-day gaming stuffs.

I just landed a closed beta invite for Continent of the Ninth Seal (C9), starting in early Feb. TERA finally starts its Western closed beta in Feb. as well, invites for that go out soon.

Other than that, a little bit of Starcraft II and kicking it old school with my SNES.
Sonja Aeghin is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-20-2012, 07:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
I'm not Here!

hypnotized

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/25/2006
Business: looking for fresh start..
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Kalel
level 45 in swtor.... such a grind now... 50 seems so far away.... i'm starting to get bored want to hop back on sl... but then i just stand there too..

Maybe i should attempt to take the gemini viewer skin from phoenix and try to skin another viewer... gah... too hard...back to swtor...feburary won't come soon enough..

"The privilege of a lifetime is to become who you truly are. -Jung"
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2012, 07:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

SL Join Date: 2007-02-06
Building a little summer cabin on Chalice's server:
Nobody Cares! Gaming Edition-2012-01-21_01.46.02.jpg

It's taken about a month and a half so far, partly due to having to remove and create a lot of land, but mainly I just forgot to plan ahead and now I'm kind of stuck trying to figure out how I want it to look.
So most of the time I'm just cleaning up the underground a bit, filling old branchmines and shortening rail tunnels and such.

Otherwise not doing much of anything since finishing Space Pirates and Zombies a couple of weeks ago (excellent game).
Old 01-20-2012, 08:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Grid.Living

I kicked your dog. TO THE MOON.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 7/21/2003
Business: Grid.Living

Awards: 1
Thread Title of the Week 
Send a message via MSN to Lordfly Digeridoo Send a message via Skype™ to Lordfly Digeridoo
I started playing Mount&Blade: Warband again while waiting for the 1.1 SWTOR patch to download... forgot how addicting and fun the multiplayer is. The game is ugly as hell, but there are very few other games that consistently get your adrenaline pumping, or has so many satisfying "hell yeah" moments. Just now, on a team DM server, I was surrounded by guys, blocking all their attacks, backed into a barn... and then my team's cavalry arrives and skewers them like steaks.

Or being charged by a gigantic armored horseman, and chopping him in half with your axe.

Love this game.
Old 01-20-2012, 08:53 PM   #5 (permalink)

My Mood:

Gaming Guru 
I've been playing SWTOR off and on for the past week or so mostly due to the bad sinus headache I've had because of this crazy weather around here. I have one main character, Dargothe the Bounty Hunter/Powertech, currently at level 22 on Nar Shadda. I also have several other characters across two servers that I play from time to time.
Old 01-20-2012, 10:21 PM   #6 (permalink)
state of non-being

The maple kind?

My Mood:
Client: Firestorm
I'm sitting and staring longingly at my still sealed copy of Skyrim. When I do get a few minutes, I'm playing "A Magnetic Adventure" on my pc.
Amber Guity is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 01-21-2012, 09:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Clearly Mad

Fraternizes with Brits

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Aug. 2008
Send a message via Skype™ to Angelique Savira
Bear and I just finished LOTR: War in the North. It was a difficult game, but I loved it! Here's our audience with Urgost.

"Sometimes, in madness resides genius"

AKA Mad Mouse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
This has to be some of the stupidest e-peen dick wagging I have ever seen.
Angelique Savira is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
2 Users Like This:
Old 01-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Peeps Tsar

#imalwayswithher

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Dec 2002
Business: ANOmations
Client: Viewer 2
Send a message via Yahoo to Cristiano Send a message via Skype™ to Cristiano
My gaming addiction is so bad that I actually bought a game on Steam the other night that I then realized I already owned.

Cristiano is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 01-21-2012, 09:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Panda Hugs!

one happy panda

My Mood:
Client: 1.23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Mouse View Post
Bear and I just finished LOTR: War in the North. It was a difficult game, but I loved it! Here's our audience with Urgost.
we managed to snatch this gem up for £8 on green man gaming over the christmas sales; worth every penny!

I definitely felt it was a lot better than most reviews, with an engaging story, challenging combat and intricate levelling and gear system. not perfect by any means, but definitely a blast
Bullet Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
2 Users Said Thanks :
2 Users Agreed:
Old 01-22-2012, 12:40 PM   #10 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Easily amused.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
Skyrim's slowing down for me a bit, though I did start a new pure-warrior after quickly getting bored of my 2nd mage by level 25. Bashing stuff is fun.

I keep checking for updates on Grim Dawn and cruising and cruising Gamestop because I got this $25 gift card that's burning a hole in my pocket!

Waiting/hoping the price of Kingdom of Amalur Reckoning drops after release (I am NOT paying Xbox prices for a PC game I'm ambivalent on playing), biting my nails waiting for Guild Wars 2 and thinking to myself that I will never ever play SW:TOR despite my long and storied MMO history. Nope. Not gonna do it.

*mouse finger twitches*

I re-downloaded "Empire: Total War" off my Steam account. I never finished that one. Maybe it'll keep me out of trouble on Gamestop.
1 User Hugged You:
Old 01-22-2012, 12:41 PM   #11 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Easily amused.

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Bear View Post
we managed to snatch this gem up for £8 on green man gaming over the christmas sales; worth every penny!

I definitely felt it was a lot better than most reviews, with an engaging story, challenging combat and intricate levelling and gear system. not perfect by any means, but definitely a blast
Cindy Claveau is online now   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
Old 01-23-2012, 04:01 PM   #12 (permalink)
Tired

*SLU Supporter*

Watery

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/28/2005
I think I'm going to be a tank (you may all laugh now).

I had to learn everything in WoW the hard way soloing on the most crappy computer ever. I couldn't group because the lag would keep me from keeping up. What I didn't realize is that while this made me a slow player, it also made me a reactive player. I don't mind if something comes up different than expected. I figure if some poor npc script can manage to surprise a human that's a GOOD thing. It's the fun part.

I have pvp'ed in a battleground no more times than I can count on one hand, and I know I need to jump into that because trying to gear by pugging would be frankly crazy. Humans are the ultimate in surprise. I just need to get over my fear of not knowing what to do.

I think I am going to grab a premade on the test realm and jog around in places before I try to go into them for really though, I'm a slow repetition learner and it's probably the best way.
Brenda Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 10:06 AM   #13 (permalink)
Tired

*SLU Supporter*

Watery

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Archer View Post
I think I'm going to be a tank (you may all laugh now).

I had to learn everything in WoW the hard way soloing on the most crappy computer ever. I couldn't group because the lag would keep me from keeping up. What I didn't realize is that while this made me a slow player, it also made me a reactive player. I don't mind if something comes up different than expected. I figure if some poor npc script can manage to surprise a human that's a GOOD thing. It's the fun part.

I have pvp'ed in a battleground no more times than I can count on one hand, and I know I need to jump into that because trying to gear by pugging would be frankly crazy. Humans are the ultimate in surprise. I just need to get over my fear of not knowing what to do.

I think I am going to grab a premade on the test realm and jog around in places before I try to go into them for really though, I'm a slow repetition learner and it's probably the best way.

LOL I should know by now not to post when I am super sleepy. I know resist gear can't substitute for everything, it's just that Wednesford needs SO much work.

Anyhoo, today is my Friday and if I am not super sleepy again I should be on either farming or leveling Wednesford, if anybody wants to do anything. Edit to add, probably after about 7 p.m. PST.
Old 01-24-2012, 03:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

My graphics card died or semi-died yesterday (it's done it once before, over year ago, and I did get it to work again, but this time I have my doubts), so I can't use my desktop, or get to most of the files on it.
I had just started playing Warhammer 40K Dawn of War and wasn't really looking forward to having to replay the missions I'd already done, but when I installed it on my laptop, it turned out it has cloud saving. That was a nice surprise (I didn't even consider that it might have because it's so old).

Still, not very fond of playing on the laptop, even though it has more RAM and better graphics than the desktop.
Similar McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 01-26-2012, 08:50 PM   #15 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Well, this is embarrassing. I just got my ass handed to me in Dawn of War Soulstorm while attacking the very first region and I was playing as the Necron against the Eldar...

I think it must be due to old age or something.
1 User Laughed:
1 User Hugged You:
Old 01-26-2012, 09:38 PM   #16 (permalink)
Tired

*SLU Supporter*

Watery

My Mood:
I wasn't going to do much today right. Instead I went and did Slave Pens for the first time with Missing Image. Also this is the fourth time I've ever done anything as a tank. Was fun!!
Old 01-26-2012, 11:48 PM   #17 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Easily amused.

My Mood:

Why do I have GoG sending me ads in my email? I sucuumbed to the lure of a $5.99 download of Empire: Earth Gold Edition, which I had never played.

It's kind of like Civ 2 but covers 500,000 years of history, up to Nano troops. Despite the outdated graphics, still addictive.

I was moved to give it a try by the fact that I was wiped out playing the land battle tutorial in Empire: Total War. I suck

Last edited by Cindy Claveau; 01-27-2012 at 12:12 AM.
Cindy Claveau is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2012, 09:48 AM   #18 (permalink)
I'm not Here!

hypnotized

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/25/2006
Business: looking for fresh start..
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Kalel
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Tired

*SLU Supporter*

Watery

My Mood:
So last night we went and ran through some of the gnomish starting area and had a BLAST.
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 01-30-2012, 12:22 AM   #20 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

After my horrible failure with the Necron in Dawn of War Soulstorm, I waltzed through the system as the Tau and slaughtered everyone with little difficulty. So I would feel somewhat vindicated if it wasn't for 1.) Tau and 2.) playing on Easy.

I was going to play either Winter Assault or Dark Crusade next, but my ex gifted me Skyrim on Steam and it runs surprisingly well on my laptop, so...
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 01-30-2012, 01:09 AM   #21 (permalink)
Tired

*SLU Supporter*

Watery

My Mood:
I am listening on my itunes collection first to the old Orgrimmar music and then to the new Orgrimmar music (Reforged).

Man, things were better before somehow. I can't pin my finger on it, maybe I don't like the feeling the Horde is being set up to be actual bad guys (judging from some of the quests I've seen on alts).

Going from being barbarian refugees to actual bad guys is not really plausible storytelling anyway.

I'd rather be on an epic quest to die ten times to the ultimate feline predator of doom in a Barrens or Thousand Needles you have to run to, than get sent on a mission to enslave ogres for some goblln who will hand them off to the war machine. Taking down Echeyakee felt epic. Smacking around gormless mooks, not so much.

It's just not very orcish. Much less, Tauren. I don't roleplay on Horde and wonder what what players there are doing with the material (mostly I see complaining in the forums).
Old 01-30-2012, 10:23 AM   #22 (permalink)
Padawan Harper

*SLU Supporter*

Thumbs Up Sweetie

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November, 2003
I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 but don't know if I need to download and play a little Guild Wars now. How important will previous exposure to the universe be considering they've radically updated pretty much everything in the new version? I'm just reading hype and don't know that for a fact though.
Old 01-30-2012, 10:31 AM   #23 (permalink)
Panda Hugs!

one happy panda

My Mood:
Client: 1.23
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamon View Post
I'm waiting for Guild Wars 2 but don't know if I need to download and play a little Guild Wars now. How important will previous exposure to the universe be considering they've radically updated pretty much everything in the new version? I'm just reading hype and don't know that for a fact though.
I imagine it would be helpful to know about the different races, the Lore and the stories of the Guild Wars campaigns, but if you didn't end up playing I still imagine you could fit right in to Guild Wars 2 anyway. It's like SWTOR; having played KOTOR1 and KOTOR2, I see little references to those in SWTOR that Mousie may not because she never finished them, but ultimately it doesn't impact our experience.
Bullet Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:37 AM   #24 (permalink)
Clearly Mad

Fraternizes with Brits

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Aug. 2008
Send a message via Skype™ to Angelique Savira
Quote:
Originally Posted by Khamon View Post
Some things you do in GW1 will impact your account in GW2, but as far as I understand it, it's relatively minor such as special titles, exclusive weapons, etc. Bear and I have been working on those, but it's taken us many months to do it.
Angelique Savira is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 01-30-2012, 10:38 AM   #25 (permalink)

On Pandora

Thread Title of the Week 
WoW has lain idle for a couple of months now. I was in the Cata Beta when unemployed and leveled 6 characters 1-85 so it has become a bit of a bore.

I play some SW:TOR but it really hasn't grabbed me.

Mostly I seem to get dragged into tank battles in World of Tanks with a few friends from college days.

Tess

Tess Whitcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Hugged You:

Tags
gaming , whatcha doin