Guild Wars 2 - Still Awesome - Page 6 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Gaming » Guild Wars 2 - Still Awesome

Gaming Discuss all aspects of gaming.

Sponsor:
Wicked Muses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2016, 09:04 AM   #126 (permalink)

Looking down at the uncanny valley

My Mood:
I saw the cub, but because flame torches don't last that long where do you go for the torch?
Old 11-26-2016, 11:21 PM   #127 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

SL Join Date: 2007-02-06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
I saw the cub, but because flame torches don't last that long where do you go for the torch?
Just the nearest brazier. They last as long as you don't use any of the abilities, so you just need to get past whatever mobs you encounter without using any, or few. Although it may be enough to just carry the torch, even if it hasn't got any abilities left, since you just have to press F on the cub.
Old 11-27-2016, 12:04 AM   #128 (permalink)

My Mood:
I found out you may need more elixir, too.

Good news. Once you get one character past the trials, all your characters can enter the new zone. Anyone know if this is true of the last two zones?
Ariane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 06:02 PM   #129 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Sort of, you bought a scroll for 1000 unbound magic that would take you from elsewhere in Tyria to the first waypoint. In the first zone UM was not as easy to come by as the second zone so I just ran a bunch of the most likely characters through the first 2 instances. For the second chapter I gladly ran to the vendor and bought the scroll!

How does it work in the new zone? Do you need to waypoint there and do you need to buy a scroll? It sounds like there is a portal from the zone to the south of it?

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2016, 12:07 AM   #130 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
How does it work in the new zone? Do you need to waypoint there and do you need to buy a scroll? It sounds like there is a portal from the zone to the south of it?
There's a portal from Frostgorge. Like Ariane said, it seems like once one of your characters have done the first part of the current episode of LS3, the rest can go through the portal (although I'm guessing it's best have learned how to make the elixir too or there'll be parts of the map that will kill you).
So that's nice.

There is a scroll you can buy too, but that seems unnecessary with this zone.
Edit XXIV: I just got the "Bitterfrost Vantage Point" thingy from a BL chest. It essentially works like a scroll, so now I definitely don't need to buy one.

btw, if any of you are doing PvP or WvW reward tracks, the Bitterfrost one gives you 100 berries (the Bloodstone Fen track gives you 50 rubies and I think the Ember Bay one gives you 50 petrified too), so that's a good source of unbound magic.
Edit: Also, the winterberry node for your home instance gives you fives berries, plus the berry gatherer Bitterfrost daily, so you get the chest for that with two or three extra berries (I don't know if that's a bug they'll fix at some point, though).

I made the Aurene doll and gave it to her, so I have the mini now. It's not cheap (5K unbound magic + 25g for the recipes and then something like 100g in materials), but ...

Still working on finding the models for her and doing the other achievements. It pays to check which ones have stuff to be done in the Bitter Cold, so you don't have to make the bloody elixir over and over (like I have, because I didn't check).

Last edited by Similar McMillan; 11-28-2016 at 01:21 AM.
Similar McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-02-2016, 02:44 PM   #131 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hm, I do not open BL chests that often but I thought you always got 3 things (and sometimes 4)? I got a scrap and the weapon part .... no 3rd item.
Old 12-03-2016, 07:46 AM   #132 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
Hm, I do not open BL chests that often but I thought you always got 3 things (and sometimes 4)? I got a scrap and the weapon part .... no 3rd item.
You should get three (and yes, sometimes four. Only had that once, though). You didn't get two ticket scraps or something?

I don't really like the way the BL chests have been changed. The weapon part is slightly more useful than the trick or treat bag was, but not by much, and removing boosters, but not tomes of knowledge is extremely weird (mind you, I certainly don't mind not getting combat boosters anymore, but the other ones could be useful).
Seems like nodes are on rotation too, so right now you only have a chance of getting two of the 'lesser' ones (i.e. none of the newer ones like flax, iron or hard wood).

I don't understand how they think they'll be selling more keys this way. I sat on 11 keys until the trick or treat bags went away and I'm kind of tempted to keep any new ones I get until I have a chance of getting the new nodes (which cost over 1000g now, rather than the ~4-500g they'd gone down to before the BL chests changed).

Edit: Three keys in two days (two drops from players in WvW and one level 10 PS) and all I get are tomes and trading post expresses. bleh.

Last edited by Similar McMillan; 12-04-2016 at 06:53 AM.
Old 12-04-2016, 10:09 AM   #133 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

I do not think there were two scraps. It was odd.

In a couple of weeks they should get rid of the weapons parts but I am guessing it will be replaced by a wintersday present. I opened it now because there is a rare item going away that will get you to the new zone (no, I have not been there yet).
Old 12-06-2016, 04:48 AM   #134 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
I do not think there were two scraps. It was odd.
hm. I know someone got Braham's outfit twice, which isn't supposed to happen (you should get a key instead), so there clearly are bugs.

Quote:
In a couple of weeks they should get rid of the weapons parts but I am guessing it will be replaced by a wintersday present.
No doubt. I don't get how they feel those can be a replacement for what you might have gotten in the past. Chance of a node or skin, vs. a trick or treat bag... That's not exactly the same thing.

Those weapon fragments at least give you a chance of something good (of course, all the exotics I've had from them were completely generic), but you need three for a weapon, so that's also pretty underwhelming.

Quote:
I opened it now because there is a rare item going away that will get you to the new zone (no, I have not been there yet).
That's the item I got, the only time I've had a fourth slot in a chest.
It is handy to have (and it's a pretty view from up there. I don't think you can get there without the item), but I think I would rather have had an outfit or something.
The portal scroll isn't that expensive, after all.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:35 AM   #135 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

I had decided not to report it since it was the free key. Still though, it was extremely annoying to hold onto it that long and get only 2 things out of it. One if you do not count the weapon part. The portal expense is not the issue (if I only net 1,000 UM on a trip to the new zones I bought something big), it was that the other item was going away. Hopefully Aurene is unstuck when I resume the story.
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-07-2016, 11:54 AM   #136 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Does anyone know if there are Spanish language NA servers?
Old 12-10-2016, 04:04 PM   #137 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Similar McMillan View Post
Does anyone know if there are Spanish language NA servers?
Not that I know of, especially since megaservers. You might want to search for spanish language guilds.

Oh, I just did the first two chapters for LS3E3. Do they HAVE to make the stuff to get into the new zones so bloody annoying? If I had not been able to ask my guild how to kill that mordem I probably would have just quit the episode and tried yet again later .... it is hardly obvious.
Old 12-10-2016, 07:32 PM   #138 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
Not that I know of, especially since megaservers. You might want to search for spanish language guilds.
It was because we were matched against Baruch Bay (EU) last week in WvW and their night crew had four to seven times as many people as we're able to field at prime time, which is pretty odd.
Baruch is a Spanish server, so if there are no Spanish language NA servers, they probably have a lot of South Americans and that would explain the size of their night crew.

This was around eight in the morning on a ... Wednesday, I think:

Not exactly normal.
Old 12-31-2016, 12:27 AM   #139 (permalink)
Scientist Lady of Science

Look me in the eye...

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 12/29/2006
Business: Something Wicked This Way Rezzes

Awards: 1
Super Science Award 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Similar McMillan View Post
hm. I know someone got Braham's outfit twice, which isn't supposed to happen (you should get a key instead), so there clearly are bugs.

No doubt. I don't get how they feel those can be a replacement for what you might have gotten in the past. Chance of a node or skin, vs. a trick or treat bag... That's not exactly the same thing.

Those weapon fragments at least give you a chance of something good (of course, all the exotics I've had from them were completely generic), but you need three for a weapon, so that's also pretty underwhelming.

That's the item I got, the only time I've had a fourth slot in a chest.
It is handy to have (and it's a pretty view from up there. I don't think you can get there without the item), but I think I would rather have had an outfit or something.
The portal scroll isn't that expensive, after all.

I actually got Braham's 3 times >.< However, the 2nd and 3rd time is actually said duplicate and instead gave me 2 more keys to use. I got bumpkiss squat on those extra keys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano
I just wanted to point out how much I love the phrase "the slashfic of skill sets".
Caete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 12:42 AM   #140 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caete View Post
I actually got Braham's 3 times >.< However, the 2nd and 3rd time is actually said duplicate and instead gave me 2 more keys to use.
ah, I guess they fixed it then. I didn't know you could actually see that you got duplicates (I thought they were just silently replaced with keys).

Quote:
I got bumpkiss squat on those extra keys
Of course.

My last many keys have just given me repair canisters and tomes and such, not even any ticket scraps, so I haven't felt motivated to do key farming lately.
I really wish they'd remove tomes from the drop tables. BL chests are supposed to be special, but you already get drowned in tomes from other sources, so they're not special at all (I have nearly two stacks; there's no way I can use that many).
1 User Agreed:
Old 12-31-2016, 10:16 AM   #141 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

I have yet to buy keys. It is just gambling and you do not even know the odds.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:36 AM   #142 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
I have yet to buy keys. It is just gambling and you do not even know the odds.
I think I may have bought five once, the rest are from story and random drops.

Also, after I complained in the previous post, I got a full ticket and an Infinirarium glider today (from three keys, and the one that didn't have a fourth slot at least gave me a ticket scrap).
So I assume that's all my luck used up for the next six months.

The Infinirarium glider is rather fun, btw.
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 01-04-2017, 04:52 PM   #143 (permalink)

My Mood:
Complete Season 1 movie. Combines many sources into one 2 and a half hour movie.

Ariane is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-05-2017, 04:26 AM   #144 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
Complete Season 1 movie. Combines many sources into one 2 and a half hour movie.
grr. It was too late to watch it last night, so I didn't and now it's set to private...

Seems like there were problems with an earlier version too (it apparently got pulled, but it's not clear by whom), so I wonder if something happened again.
Can't imagine Anet getting a video like that taken down, so there must be something else going on (one comment seemed to suggest there was music from some other game or movie or something).
Old 01-05-2017, 06:41 AM   #145 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Drat! I was not fast enough either.
Old 01-05-2017, 01:48 PM   #146 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

It was stolen content. The original creator uploaded it:

1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-05-2017, 05:54 PM   #147 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

I need to run the numbers but do ascended trinkets make sense?

Sure you go up a tiny bit and you can buy an infusion (+4 to ONE stat assuming no fractals) ..... but for some reason you can not replace the upgrade you already had (sigil, etc). Fot a pendant you seem to go down with ascended (sure you can get a karma buff or such, but nothing to stats). What am I missing? Did my back-of-the-envelope numbers miss something? Is there a way to attach those upgrades?
Old 01-05-2017, 06:53 PM   #148 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Ah, it looks like it does go up a bit when I ran the numbers. I compared them using a single +4 upgrade on the ascended trinket (I am not running fractals so could not get the multiple infusion slots). It looks like on average it goes up 13%, and the best is the backpack which is 22.5%.
Old 01-05-2017, 08:12 PM   #149 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

You don't do WvW, I guess? Otherwise you could get +5 infusions there (5 laurels plus 125 badges).
Old 01-05-2017, 08:52 PM   #150 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

They have +5 ones there? Cool! I was going by the wiki and they must have only listed the PVE vendor.

Nicely WVW sells the trinket itself for less laurels (+some badges). Not that I do much WVW but I do it sometimes so have 3 thousand saved up.