Guild Wars 2 - Still Awesome - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Gaming » Guild Wars 2 - Still Awesome

Gaming Discuss all aspects of gaming.

Sponsor:
Wicked Muses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-13-2016, 01:45 PM   #51 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariane View Post
No, it should be like living story 1 where you can skip chapters as long as at least one of your characters have done it already.
I suppose we will see next week. I completed it on one character this weekend but hopefully if I ever do not complete a given chapter for someone it will not mean I can not get into all future zones that season. If past is prologue there will be a point somewhere in the season where I get stuck on something.

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:51 AM   #52 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

SL Join Date: 2007-02-06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Experimental View Post
I used to be in a guild with LP, but they switched and joined the GH bandwagon
My guild still has LP. I've visited a GH a few times and it is pretty, but it also looks like something you'll get a bit tired of after a while.
I like being able to see the sky in LP.

From what I understand, you can do much more with the GH PvP arena than with the LP's, so perhaps that's why guilds switch.

Quote:
I do prefer the look of GH, but I prefer the guild weapons made with LP crystals.
I really wish they'd make some kind of exchange for the crystals; I have way more shimmering ones than I can ever use. And Tenebrous weapons fit my characters better than Shimmering...
Old 09-14-2016, 05:08 AM   #53 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

I assume you also get the crystals by mining the guild nodes? I just destroy the things I get from my GH because I can not even deposit them.
Old 09-14-2016, 12:09 PM   #54 (permalink)

Looking down at the uncanny valley

My Mood:
Correction: You can skip living stories completely on all your characters. I've done it before.

Also:
Old 09-14-2016, 08:57 PM   #55 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

6 days
Old 09-15-2016, 08:23 AM   #56 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Correction: You can skip living stories completely on all your characters. I've done it before.

Also:
Guild Wars 2 Living World Season 3 Episode 2: Rising Flames Trailer - YouTube
It looks like you can not do it in the HOT story though. I ran into an annoying puzzle boss and was unable to just do the next chapter.
Old 09-16-2016, 01:31 PM   #57 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
It looks like you can not do it in the HOT story though. I ran into an annoying puzzle boss and was unable to just do the next chapter.
True. HOT story is like the personal story, and you can't skip ahead.

Worse you can't go back and make a different choice, like on "The Jungle Provides" the choice to attack the Mordrem is way easier than the choice to defend the village.
Ariane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2016, 04:01 PM   #58 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

That is annoying. I am stuck 1/3rd through the HOT story. Sure I could look up how to do it or party up. I would rather skip it for now though.
Old 09-19-2016, 07:05 AM   #59 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

My current HOT masteries:

Gliding-5 (advanced gliding)
Itzel-2 (Itzel language)
Exhalted-2 (Exhalted acceptance)
Nuhoch-2 (Nuhoch wallows)
Ancient-1 (the only one in the line so far)

I have 6 points at the moment but since I will need several for the new zone I am waiting until tomorrow to see what it is (they said 3 points but also said tier 2, so maybe it will be 5 points needed). Since I am not interested in crafting the new items the only things I can think of are one more level of Itzel to get the mushroom and/or one more of nuhoch to get the vendor. However they have said to train up gliding-6 (trained, but I do not have the MPs for it). Thoughts?

Last edited by Kara Spengler; 09-19-2016 at 08:00 AM.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:02 AM   #60 (permalink)

My Mood:
I'm assuming that just like Bloodstone Fen, there will be MPs available in the new map to give enough to earn whatever we need.

It sounds like the MPs you are missing are the ones involving the HoT personal story. I assume you got all the map ones and the "black box" ones available on all 4 maps. Going down all 3 paths on Dragons Stand scores a pile of MP as well.

My current HoT masteries:
Gliding: all 6
Itzel: 5 of 6
Exalted: all 5
Nuhoc: 5 of 6

I have 11 left, one short of either Itzel (adrenal mushrooms to instantly refresh your skills, as these are rarely located where mobs are, I'm not sure how useful this is) or Nuhoc (stops Chak goop from slowing down movement speed, completely useless outside Tangled Depths).

Even if I get the point to get one of these, the 12 needed for the other are really hard and mostly involve getting gold in every activity that I can barely manage to get bronze in.
Old 09-19-2016, 11:52 AM   #61 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

I have about 1/3 of the story (1 per chapter, no extra points) and did not do any of the adventures. I have most of the insights/strongboxes in VB and AB, none in TD, and got 1 in DS by accident. A few others for various achievements, but there are still achieves I have not done yet.

Assuming I am getting Speed or Nuhoch language I might go for Nuhoch. It is not like those mushrooms are everywhere and I am currently maining a herald (unless it goes faster than that). I do not get a lot of keys from TD to matter but a home instance node is a home instance node.

Is ley line gliding useful? I heard it was pretty meh.
Old 09-19-2016, 02:34 PM   #62 (permalink)

My Mood:
Ley Line flying is useful in certain areas, and 100% map completion in HOT requires it. Apparently the new map will use it extensively.

I have decided that my 4 year old characters need to get 100% completion ASAP, especially since some other characters are approaching that age. My Ranger had it a long time ago, which means I need to focus on my Asuran Guardian and Sylvari Mesmer, both who I originally created in the second beta.

I evaluated my characters and they both had problems. I've been equipping them with the cheapest exotic gear I could find and its crap. Both were overstacked with condition damage they couldn't use.

My Guardian Dragonslayer runs Greatsword/Longbow. Neither of which do condition damage. My Mesmer runs Greatsword/Sword - Pistol. Ditto no condition damage.

They are both equipped with Speed Runes as well, but the Mesmer now has Time Marches On trait which no longer needs them (Guardians and Revanants still do as they lack any trait or skill to get the +25% movement speed)
Old 09-19-2016, 05:40 PM   #63 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

I only see 100% completion as something for legendaries and I am not planning on making one any time soon. Is there another reason to do it that is not just a bragging rights thing?

Yes, I use GS/LB on my dragonslayer as well. My ele uses speed runes (maybe another char too, I need to look). I should put my characters on one of those sites that shows your build.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:13 PM   #64 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Debating going home early to d/l the patch.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:59 PM   #65 (permalink)

My Mood:
The first part of the story is a "simulation" which makes no sense as a prerequisite to get to the fire islands. Once you get there it is a new zone to explore!

The best way to explore is Ley Line flying, but it is not a requirement, just faster and more convenient to reach some areas.
Old 09-20-2016, 03:58 PM   #66 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Thank you portal scrolls. That 'simulator' kicked my ass and for the first time something broke all my armor. I did not even hesitate on buying it.
Old 09-21-2016, 01:19 AM   #67 (permalink)

My Mood:
I've learned to never do a Living Story without at least 3 repair canisters and 2 revive orbs.

My "main" Ranger has a full set of Berserker, Rampager, and Nomad, armor which not only allows me to adjust my stats as needed, but swap out broken armor. Also exotic every ranger weapon.
Old 09-21-2016, 04:18 AM   #68 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
I only see 100% completion as something for legendaries and I am not planning on making one any time soon. Is there another reason to do it that is not just a bragging rights thing?
Well, for me it's just that my characters don't feel finished without world completion (though, I'm not quite loony enough to include the HoT maps; that's too much work. Just SW, DT, BF and Southsun. Maybe the new map too as it's not too difficult to complete).
So I have twelve world completions so far.

Quote:
Yes, I use GS/LB on my dragonslayer as well. My ele uses speed runes (maybe another char too, I need to look). I should put my characters on one of those sites that shows your build.
gw2skills.net is nice, although you can't quite rely on the results you get because it's not fully updated.
I don't know of any that are (I'd love to find one, though).

I died once in the simulator too. That was on my condi ranger, which is one of my least fragile characters, so I'm not sure whether to give it another try for the achievement or maybe take my necro and go minionmancer or something. Those burning areas hurt rather a bit...
(Also, nice that you can do the achievements right away now. You don't have to first unlock them and then replay).

The new map is kind of nice, although, confusingly considering my 'too much meta' opinion of the HoT maps, I kind of do miss some sort of minor meta in it (maybe something like in Dredgehaunt; just something that involves a good part of the map, but isn't by far connected to everything that goes on).
Like Bloodstone Fen, it feels a bit much like a farm map.

The new weapon collection is just ridiculous. 50-150g per weapon.
I thought the cultural and the Order collections were bad...

The guy from my guild who has some obsessive love affair with pretty much every single JP in the game utterly hates the new one, so I just stopped even considering giving it a try.
The new JP in the fractal hub is nice, though.
Similar McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 05:23 AM   #69 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
I've learned to never do a Living Story without at least 3 repair canisters and 2 revive orbs.

My "main" Ranger has a full set of Berserker, Rampager, and Nomad, armor which not only allows me to adjust my stats as needed, but swap out broken armor. Also exotic every ranger weapon.
Yii! I have yet to see a need for a revive orb .... if a NPC does not help I can go to a checkpoint with full health. I am not sure what it was about that simulator (maybe the confined space with the lava pits) but it was MUCH harder than if I encountered a vet in the open world. At least the monkey kept stunning me or something too, which did not help.
Old 09-21-2016, 05:27 AM   #70 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

BTW, has anyone done any masteries on the new map yet? I found one insight/strongbox on an annoying jumping area I gave up on and another in the middle of a pool of lava (which I could not get without dying). Oh well, Dulfy.

Last edited by Kara Spengler; 09-22-2016 at 05:04 AM.
Old 09-24-2016, 02:05 PM   #71 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Ooo! You can get the holographic Taimi miniature for unbound magic+logs. I wish they had done one of the non-holographic and her old outfit though.
Old 09-25-2016, 02:23 AM   #72 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
Ooo! You can get the holographic Taimi miniature for unbound magic+logs. I wish they had done one of the non-holographic and her old outfit though.
The mini is also too bright, so overlapping surfaces get too white and you can't see the details. If they'd done it like the holos of her in the story, it'd look better.

I don't really use minis, although I have quite a few now, but especially minis of people just feel off to me. There's something unsettling about having a person as a pet, I think.
Other creatures and pets and golems and such are fine.

I've bough the silly backpack, an accessory and a couple of minis from Ember Bay, so my stock of unbound magic is all emptied out now.
Not sure why the accessory is so expensive compared to the amulet and ring from Bloodstone Fen. You can't even reset the stats on it, like you can with the ones from BF.
Old 09-25-2016, 07:53 AM   #73 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

I got one any because .... Taimi. But yes, the quality looks to be pretty bad in the previews (I logged out right after buying it).

Part of the reason why I had wished they did the old Taimi is people are used to what she looks like, particularly people with disabilities that play GW2. Having a mini that most people will not recognize unless/untill they play LS3 (and even after) sort of defeats the whole point.

Has anyone done more than the first part of chapter 2? After that destroyer fight I am not sure I *want* to (except for the MP at the end).
Old 09-25-2016, 09:27 PM   #74 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
Part of the reason why I had wished they did the old Taimi is people are used to what she looks like, particularly people with disabilities that play GW2. Having a mini that most people will not recognize unless/untill they play LS3 (and even after) sort of defeats the whole point.
True.

I want a giant holographic Taimi in my home instance.,..

Quote:
Has anyone done more than the first part of chapter 2? After that destroyer fight I am not sure I *want* to (except for the MP at the end).
I've done all of it and the (unhidden) achievements. Last part can be pretty tough, but I didn't die the first time I played through it (I did die once while trying for one of the achievements) whereas I did die in Taimi's Game, both times I tried it on my condi ranger.
I didn't know the spheres cleared the fire when I did it, though.

I don't think you can fail the last episode. There's something you have to protect and it seems like it kind of reloads if you can't protect it well enough, so if there is a fail state, I don't know what it is.
Not really sure I have any useful hints, other than pick the bombs up and throw them at the largest clusters of enemies (or the main bad guy), maybe.
It gets rather hectic, but you can sort of run outside the thing you have to protect to heal up a bit and such.
Old 09-25-2016, 09:41 PM   #75 (permalink)

My Mood:
I have completed the living story and the Ember Bay map. Still have some achievements and probably some MP to earn. The Taimi's Game simulator part is far and away the hardest part of this living story.

You will need 3 MP to get the Thermal Propulsion for map completion and to make the last part of the living story easy to finish. There are two on the map that are fairly easy to get to.