Guild Wars 2 - Still Awesome - Page 18 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Gaming » Guild Wars 2 - Still Awesome

Gaming Discuss all aspects of gaming.

Sponsor:
Wicked Muses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 03:31 AM   #426 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

SL Join Date: 2007-02-06
Also, the garden thingy in gem store is kind of nice. In the Rata Sum home instance it appears on a whole new platform which looks pretty good (and it's remarkable how nice it felt that something changed in there for once).
It has four spaces for plants with a pretty wide selection of things you can plant there (you have to unlock many of them, but it doesn't take that long. Except for raspberries...). I'm not sure of the system, but I don't think you get seeds for plants which already have home instance nodes (i.e. so no truffles, flax and such).
There's a gardener which 'sells' the seeds (for free) when you want to plant something new (also sells harvesting tools, not for free).

Once you've unlocked all the seeds, you also get recipes for two hour food and utility primers, although as far as I can tell, it probably takes two days to get the ingredients for one, so ... maybe not that great a deal. I've planted the seeds for one today, so I'll see tomorrow.
I used a gathering booster today so I got twelve garlic today. I'm guessing you probably get 2 items from each plant as minimum, but not quite sure.

The platform has spaces for three 'gardens', but you can only buy two, so I wonder if there are plans for a second type of garden.

Kind of a fun thing, and much better than the Hunter's Board.
Old 01-11-2018, 07:13 AM   #427 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
I am on the fence about the garden. I would plant the 4 new foods to get the dye unlocks since I already have all the cheap ones (although I should double-check that).

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 07:33 AM   #428 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hmm, just looked at gw2efficiency and I need to do a lot of unlocks. I am guessing maybe there were a bunch of releases since the last time I made sure I had all the ones under a gold.
Old 01-12-2018, 07:45 AM   #429 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Well, productive day yesterday. Bought 2 garden plots and planted something in them, farmed them. I bought all the remaining dies under 3 gold (except one above 2 gold). I went out into the world and found 9 seed packets so a good way towards completing the collection and getting the seeds for the guaranteed dye unlocks.
Old 01-12-2018, 04:56 PM   #430 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

There, did the garden collection, now about every two weeks I can get 4 rare dyes.

edit: Oh, every week since it looks like I get two on average. I wonder what the guaranteed unlocks will do when I have all the dyes?

Last edited by Kara Spengler; 01-12-2018 at 06:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:57 PM   #431 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Bleah! I just found out the guaranteed dye unlocks are not for the gem store dyes. That makes only 6 dyes I can possibly get. I just submitted a ticket to see if I can return the two plots as that was not information about the guaranteed dye unlocks that I was sold on.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:33 AM   #432 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
Bleah! I just found out the guaranteed dye unlocks are not for the gem store dyes.
Sounds odd. The other unlocks definitely contain gemstore stuff (I just got Caudecus' Sword today from a weapon unlock, for example).

Edit. ah, nevermind. You mean the craftable unlocks, of course. I wouldn't have expected those to unlock gemstore dyes.

Last edited by Similar McMillan; 01-13-2018 at 10:42 AM.
Similar McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 11:45 AM   #433 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Yeah, when I saw "guaranteed unlock" I read it as a guaranteed unlock .... and it seems a lot of other people did too. In fact, the advice I read was to make sure you had every dye unlocked below 2 gold ..... although there are not a lot of dyes over 2 gold so I am guessing the person writing that advice did not realize it either.

At first I thought the unlocks would be random drops and not craftable. I only found out they were craftable after I bought the garden.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:12 AM   #434 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Why are games forums so frustrating?

Someone used a classic libertarian argument about something on the GW2 forums. I replied I do not argue with Libertarians rather than responding with something I would regret. I got the post yanked with a warning.

Seriously forum team? If I use an accurate word in american politics describing an argument I get punished? Reminds me of why I left the official SL forums.
Old 02-19-2018, 03:49 PM   #435 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
I will see if this works. Most of it is scratch sheets but the "ascended stuff" tab is the most useful right now. A lot on that sheet but the main thing is the table at the top showing characters, their race, profession, desired stats, how many ascended trinkets they need, what rune should go in the breather (incomplete), and then a table of what trinkets they have (color coded by where I got it to avoid the issue of things that are unique). The next columns are what order of importance (priority then 1-9 when possible), any items that are not at least exotic, and if I want condi stats.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing

Any comments on what stats I am going for? For exotics I just got whatever for stats but am trying to be a bit more deliberate when it comes to ascended stuff.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Similar McMillan View Post
hmm. It's a bit hard to get a clear impression of what you're going for, but if I'm understanding it correctly, using Ogre runes for a condi warrior seems odd. Runes of the Berserker or Superior runes of the Aristocracy (for might duration) would probably work better.
Balthazar runes might be an option too, especially if you want some armor that is cheaper to craft; all Viper's, plus Balthazar runes, plus traits, would give you something like 120% burn duration and it's capped at 100%, so some of the Viper's could be Sinister instead.
Assuming it's a Berserker, that is (I don't think a non-Berserker condi build will work very well).
The meta is full Viper's, but that's really for raids and fractals, so it's not so useful for open world PvE where you don't get all the boons
(I screwed my condi ranger up by following the meta, for example. My old build worked much better).

Same with your Daredevil, if you're going condi. I use rune of Thorns for my condi Daredevil and they work well enough (along with Viper's gear), but they're pretty expensive and I'm not really convinced four runes of the Nightmare and two runes of of Trapper might not work better.
Right now it's hard to tell because condi Daredevil is so seriously overpowered.
Still, if you're going for cheaper armor, like Carrion, the longer duration on rune of Thorns might work (45% poison duration. 4 x Nightmare + 2 x Trapper would make for 25% general condi duration. Plus duration from traits on top, of course).
The poison field from shortbow #4 is very strong right now, so it might also be worth focusing on poison for that reason (use the Lotus Training trait, pop a poison field with SB #4 on your enemies, then dodge in it to cause the projectiles from the dodge to apply poison, along with the torment and bleeding from the trait. And if you use Carrion or Viper's armor, you can use the Impacting Disruption trait; five stacks of poison causes daze, which, if it interrupts, then causes Pulmonary Impact, often multiple times, for several thousand HPs worth of, slightly delayed, damage).
Maybe something like this:
Build Editor :: Guild Wars 2 Skills
(I'm actually kind of wishing I'd tried Carrion; the problem with condi thief is lack of sustain, so more vitality seems like a rather good idea. Bit too expensive to lose my Thorns runes and to change Viper's to Carrion now, though).

Your other thief seems a bit mixed. If you use Scholar runes, it's probably better to go full zerker. ... Well, likely.
I always want to make some hybrid builds, but it's rare that they work very well.

Balthazar for Chrono, Ranger and Reaper is not a good idea, but I'm sure you know that.

Maybe consider Marauder's instead of Soldier's. Or mix Soldier's and Marauder's. Marauder's is a lot more damage, but still with extra vitality.

But basically, since it's kind of, mostly, sort of, easier and cheaper to get ascended trinkets with whatever stats you want than to craft ascended armor, use them to save on armor if possible (especially with something like the horribly expensive Trailblazer and Minstrel stats).
(Also remember that you can attune ascended rings pretty cheaply, so you can use two Bitterfrost rings on one character. And attuning rings resets the stats, so if you have one you want to change stats on, that's a possibility. You can only do it once, though (well, probably twice if you infuse it too, but that's much more expensive and requires doing icky fractals as far as I can tell)).

Also fun to see you have Seraph on one character. I've never seen any builds use it, except for my own condi revenant. The precision, condi damage and boon duration is a decent fit for that (although it's mostly Viper's and Trailblazer. Seraph helps me get 60% boon duration with Facet of Nature, and the precision helps to get more torment onto a target, so it seems worth it to lose some vitality and toughness).
Update on my S3 stuff. I added a character and am slowly gathering the S3 mats (mostly my home instance daily gathering). By this summer I should be down to a handful of accessories and the last 3 breathers. Well, unless I add a new character. I am hemming and hawing if I should use my laurels (and around 2,000 of those wvw things you need) for accessories of if infusions when you are pretty much exclusive to pve are worth buying. Thoughts?

Oh, some minor change to the stat combos I am going for. A few individual trinkets are not set right because I was unable to trade them around with other characters for the right combos. I will worry about the runes later since they are easy to get.

Name Race Profession DOB Primary Stats Need
Valtava Soturi Norn Warrior 7/17/15 Viper's 0
Kissa Suojelija Charr Dragonhunter 10/30/14 Berzerker's 4
Muistoja Sankareita Sylvari Herald 10/27/15 Berzerker's 0
Savuinen Varas Human Daredevil 9/19/15 Carrion's 0
Lhyt Inisööri Asura Engineer 11/1/14 Rampager's 0
Laatu Katti Charr Druid 11/26/14 Soldier's 0
Sya Kello Human Chronomancer 6/28/15 Berzerker's 2
Maaginen Puu Sylvari Elementalist 10/27/14 Marauder's 4
Tutkija Helmi Asura Reaper 8/28/15 Viper's 2
Ihmissen Varatoini Human Herald 8/27/16 Berzerker's 0
Klooni Hampaat Charr Mesmer 4/22/16 Marauder's 0
Elukka Kalutin Norn Ranger 1/14/16 Soldier's 0
Taika Viluinen Norn Elementalist 10/15/16 Marauder's 2
Viekas Kasvi Syvari Thief 5/20/16 Viper's 1
Taitava Taistelija Asura Warrior 7/26/16 Berzerker's 1
Toivon Peto Human Ranger 9/7/17 Marauder's 4

edit: gak! sorry about that! The table worked in the preview but had to reformat it when it came out a mess.
Old 02-19-2018, 11:12 PM   #436 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
Update on my S3 stuff. I added a character and am slowly gathering the S3 mats (mostly my home instance daily gathering). By this summer I should be down to a handful of accessories and the last 3 breathers. Well, unless I add a new character. I am hemming and hawing if I should use my laurels (and around 2,000 of those wvw things you need) for accessories of if infusions when you are pretty much exclusive to pve are worth buying. Thoughts?
Unless you have tons of laurels and badges, I would really recommend getting the trinkets from the LS3 maps. Bloodstone Fen takes ages these days, but Bitterfrost and Ember Bay aren't too terrible (well, Ember is, kind of, but...). It's cheaper and, unlike the trinkets you can get from WvW, you can select stats on them (so if you want Viper's or Trailblazer or whatnot, you have to get those).
If you don't do Bloodstone Fen, you can only get rings from Bitterfrost, so you'll have to attune one of them in order to be able to use two (since they're 'unique'), but that's cheap.

As for infusions (+5 from WvW), I use them a lot (which is the reason I never have any laurels...). It's quite possible that I'm imagining things, but it does seem like they can make a difference. With full ascended and one attuned ring, you can have ... 14 infusions, so that's an extra 70 of some stat (which really isn't much, but it's equivalent to what you get from cheap-ish food, except you can have the food on top and then it starts to look like something).
Old 02-20-2018, 05:37 AM   #437 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Similar McMillan View Post
Unless you have tons of laurels and badges, I would really recommend getting the trinkets from the LS3 maps. Bloodstone Fen takes ages these days, but Bitterfrost and Ember Bay aren't too terrible (well, Ember is, kind of, but...). It's cheaper and, unlike the trinkets you can get from WvW, you can select stats on them (so if you want Viper's or Trailblazer or whatnot, you have to get those).
If you don't do Bloodstone Fen, you can only get rings from Bitterfrost, so you'll have to attune one of them in order to be able to use two (since they're 'unique'), but that's cheap.

As for infusions (+5 from WvW), I use them a lot (which is the reason I never have any laurels...). It's quite possible that I'm imagining things, but it does seem like they can make a difference. With full ascended and one attuned ring, you can have ... 14 infusions, so that's an extra 70 of some stat (which really isn't much, but it's equivalent to what you get from cheap-ish food, except you can have the food on top and then it starts to look like something).
Thanks, actually I have all the rings I need from bloodstone fen (mostly thanks to the home node) and all the pendants. By this summer I will only have a few breathers and some accessories left to go, but seeing as I will have all of the accessories from ember bay I will be getting both from bitterfrost. Since I am getting 7 winterberries/day it will take me until next summer to max out my current character list doing just the home node )slow but efficient and they are low priority chars).

The next is figuring out what stat to buff if I am not buying accessories.
Old 02-21-2018, 08:21 AM   #438 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
Thanks, actually I have all the rings I need from bloodstone fen (mostly thanks to the home node) and all the pendants. By this summer I will only have a few breathers and some accessories left to go, but seeing as I will have all of the accessories from ember bay I will be getting both from bitterfrost. Since I am getting 7 winterberries/day it will take me until next summer to max out my current character list doing just the home node )slow but efficient and they are low priority chars).
heh. I am not that patient, but I usually play WvW a lot, so the LS3 reward tracks help quite a bit, especially for Bloodstone Fen.
I do farm Bitterfrost from time to time too. You can get 45-55 berries per character per day and if you just do the forest area, it doesn't take that long (you miss out on the two bushes in the other parts of the map, though). But Bitterfrost is one of the maps that sometimes makes me annoyed with the game, or with the players, rather, especially after mounts were added; very few people help with the mobs. Some days it's like everybody is playing singleplayer in a multiplayer game.

Quote:
The next is figuring out what stat to buff if I am not buying accessories.
yeah, that's the hard part. On most of my condi builds I just add to condition damage, but it gets difficult with hybrid builds.
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-21-2018, 06:56 PM   #439 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

I just hopped over to wvw since I also had some proof of heroics and outfitted one character with malign +5 infusions on the 6 slots (I do not have ascended armor). Frustratingly the pve laurel vendors seem to only have +4 ones. So unless you do wvw you are losing out a bit.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:40 PM   #440 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

Quote:
I just hopped over to wvw since I also had some proof of heroics and outfitted one character with malign +5 infusions on the 6 slots (I do not have ascended armor). Frustratingly the pve laurel vendors seem to only have +4 ones. So unless you do wvw you are losing out a bit.
It's an odd choice they made. You either have to do WvW or fractals to get +5 (I haven't heard of raid infusions, but it wouldn't surprise me).

I think I heard fractals even has condi and boon duration infusions, but I haven't checked.
Old 02-22-2018, 07:27 PM   #441 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Yeah, it is strange. I just expected the PVE one to be a few laurels more or maybe removing the wvw buffs against NPCs would be enough. Having a pretty small stat bonus on it be even smaller just seems petty.
1 User Agreed:
Old 03-02-2018, 09:56 PM   #442 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Well, asked about PVE infusions having +4 vs +5 on the official GW2 forums. Most people immediately started yelling that you can get different infusions in fractals and they are PVE so why was I complaining. Even after countless times of me saying I was talking about open-world PVE.

Some people just like to argue I guess. I think of fractals more of as close to a dungeon. I certainly do not consider them the same as open world stuff. They are only PVE to me in the sense that you are fighting an AI not other players. To me saying fractals are PVE makes as much sense as calling PVP and WVW the same game mode.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:01 PM   #443 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Well, got to the new zone with a LFG. I wound up doing the part that needed to do all the work vs just spamming 1 and had party members that just wanted to criticize me the entire time. Despite the fact that they took several tries to even all enter the instance at the same time so I wound up doing the first minute or two several times because we kept needing to go back for someone.
Old 03-10-2018, 12:56 AM   #444 (permalink)

Looking down at the uncanny valley

My Mood:
Finished the new story and new map. Nice to see that the Charr are finally getting a role in an expansion.

Charr lands were visited in season 1 and 2, but there have been no new Charr territories at all, but this one kind of counts, even though it is a break off group. My theory (unconfirmed) is that this Charr group might have been originally part of the invasion force of Orr, but managed to survive the flooding of Orr and ended up trapped way south of Ascalon. Generations later they forgot the Charr ways, and developed their own society.

Norn's got ONE new map in season 3. Norn or Charr should be a major part of the next expansion.
Old 03-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #445 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

I am in the middle of the story, doing the 3 labs. Since there was the mixup with the story steps (I have yet to talk to aurene and such, it just skipped me past that like they were optional steps, then before the warnings with not getting credit for the instances) hopefully I will get credit. I am hemming and hawing about finishing.

Charr zones in the next expansion would rule!

I also found out about an interesting device that rewinds your location (handy if you are not a mesmer or chronomancer). I will have to put it on my list of things to buy from the heart vendors.
Old 05-05-2018, 09:17 AM   #446 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Well, trinket quest is winding down, on all my characters have only 6 accessories to go. Even with only mining my home nodes that is just a few months.
Old 05-07-2018, 09:24 PM   #447 (permalink)

My Mood:
I'm getting into Guild Wars 2 again.

There's a 32 slot inventory bag that you can get on the new map. I did it yesterday. Some of the items you need involve killing certain bounties and legendaries, and there was a organized zerg doing just that I followed to get it.

Its called "Lasting Bonds" and there are 3 collection quests. It starts with the Handwoven Olmakhan Bandolier (20 slot) you get when you finish the last story mission (you only get one per account, but it is craftable if you lost it), then talk to Efi, the cub who lost his mother, and give him the bandolier. That opens the first collection that results in a 24 slot bag. Give him that and defeat some champs and you get a second collection that results in a 28. Give him that and defeat some Legendaries and you finish with a 32 slot bag.
Ariane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2018, 05:06 AM   #448 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

You have to do the entire chapter though, right? I gave up on full chapters last season and now I just concentrate on getting the new zone.
Old 06-18-2018, 06:52 PM   #449 (permalink)

My Mood:
After almost 6 years of playing, I finally got my first Legendary, and I did it the hard way: I bought it off the trading post.

I got "The Dreamer", the short bow that fires unicorns and rainbows.

Why that one? First, the only reason to get a legendary is to have fun/show off/look cool. The Dreamer is not exactly designed to look cool (there is another legendary short bow to do that), but what is more fun than firing unicorns?

Second is utility. My two main characters are Ranger and Thief. While these two professions have sword and dagger in common, I don't use either of them enough to matter. My main Ranger is a Druid Trapper that uses short bow, and while my thief is primarily pistol/Pistol these days, she can use short bow when dealing with multi targets. Also it is fun on Thief to watch unicorns ricochet between foes.

Third is cost. Because only 3 professions use short bow, and rarely at that, plus there is another legendary short bow available, the cost of "The Dreamer" was only 2,200 gold, which is cheap for a non waterbound two handed legendary.

If I get enough gold for a second legendary, I might go for a Greatsword or Longbow. Unfortunately the demand for these are high, but I'm in no rush.
Ariane is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 07-06-2018, 06:58 AM   #450 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

This seems extremely iffy:

https://www.pcgamesinsider.biz/news/...on-turns-ugly/
1 User Said Thanks: