Guild Wars 2 - Still Awesome - Page 18 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Gaming » Guild Wars 2 - Still Awesome

Gaming Discuss all aspects of gaming.

Sponsor:
Wicked Muses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-11-2018, 04:31 AM   #426 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

SL Join Date: 2007-02-06
Also, the garden thingy in gem store is kind of nice. In the Rata Sum home instance it appears on a whole new platform which looks pretty good (and it's remarkable how nice it felt that something changed in there for once).
It has four spaces for plants with a pretty wide selection of things you can plant there (you have to unlock many of them, but it doesn't take that long. Except for raspberries...). I'm not sure of the system, but I don't think you get seeds for plants which already have home instance nodes (i.e. so no truffles, flax and such).
There's a gardener which 'sells' the seeds (for free) when you want to plant something new (also sells harvesting tools, not for free).

Once you've unlocked all the seeds, you also get recipes for two hour food and utility primers, although as far as I can tell, it probably takes two days to get the ingredients for one, so ... maybe not that great a deal. I've planted the seeds for one today, so I'll see tomorrow.
I used a gathering booster today so I got twelve garlic today. I'm guessing you probably get 2 items from each plant as minimum, but not quite sure.

The platform has spaces for three 'gardens', but you can only buy two, so I wonder if there are plans for a second type of garden.

Kind of a fun thing, and much better than the Hunter's Board.
Old 01-11-2018, 08:13 AM   #427 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hail Woz, the great and powerful!

SL Join Date: March, 2006
Client: Phoenix & Firestorm
Send a message via Skype™ to Kara Spengler
I am on the fence about the garden. I would plant the 4 new foods to get the dye unlocks since I already have all the cheap ones (although I should double-check that).

"Ok, I have to ask, WTF is this thread even about and why is it hundreds of posts? I am out of vodka so I don't feel like reading it to find out." Cristiano

"Why? Don't like me ban me" Cathiee
Kara Spengler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2018, 08:33 AM   #428 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Hmm, just looked at gw2efficiency and I need to do a lot of unlocks. I am guessing maybe there were a bunch of releases since the last time I made sure I had all the ones under a gold.
Old 01-12-2018, 08:45 AM   #429 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Well, productive day yesterday. Bought 2 garden plots and planted something in them, farmed them. I bought all the remaining dies under 3 gold (except one above 2 gold). I went out into the world and found 9 seed packets so a good way towards completing the collection and getting the seeds for the guaranteed dye unlocks.
Old 01-12-2018, 05:56 PM   #430 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

There, did the garden collection, now about every two weeks I can get 4 rare dyes.

edit: Oh, every week since it looks like I get two on average. I wonder what the guaranteed unlocks will do when I have all the dyes?

Last edited by Kara Spengler; 01-12-2018 at 07:13 PM.
Old 01-12-2018, 09:57 PM   #431 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Bleah! I just found out the guaranteed dye unlocks are not for the gem store dyes. That makes only 6 dyes I can possibly get. I just submitted a ticket to see if I can return the two plots as that was not information about the guaranteed dye unlocks that I was sold on.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:33 AM   #432 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

SL Join Date: 2007-02-06
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kara Spengler View Post
Bleah! I just found out the guaranteed dye unlocks are not for the gem store dyes.
Sounds odd. The other unlocks definitely contain gemstore stuff (I just got Caudecus' Sword today from a weapon unlock, for example).

Edit. ah, nevermind. You mean the craftable unlocks, of course. I wouldn't have expected those to unlock gemstore dyes.

Last edited by Similar McMillan; 01-13-2018 at 11:42 AM.
Similar McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 12:45 PM   #433 (permalink)
OccupyE9 Sluni-Goon

Yeah, when I saw "guaranteed unlock" I read it as a guaranteed unlock .... and it seems a lot of other people did too. In fact, the advice I read was to make sure you had every dye unlocked below 2 gold ..... although there are not a lot of dyes over 2 gold so I am guessing the person writing that advice did not realize it either.

At first I thought the unlocks would be random drops and not craftable. I only found out they were craftable after I bought the garden.