W00T Ark: Survival Evolved {SLUrvivors} - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Gaming » W00T! Ark: Survival Evolved {SLUrvivors}

Gaming Discuss all aspects of gaming.

Sponsor:
Wicked Muses

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-12-2015, 11:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
Indentured Servant

easily distract---er what?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 07/03/2004
Client: official

Awards: 1
Special Achievement In Hello Kitty Trolling 
Ark: Survival Evolved {SLUrvivors}

[updated: 6/03/2016: The server is closing on about 7/03/2016]

I've got a server up now if anyone from SLU is interested. It is password protected so just pm me for the password, just didn't want a bunch of randoms cramming in. It's only a 10 slot server but should be enough for any interest here (as far as I know only Edav and I have the game so far).

For those not sure what Ark: Survival Evolved is...

Ark: Survival Evolved lets you domesticate dinosaurs, if you can stay alive long enough | Polygon

This is for Steam so to add the server:

Go to View>Servers

To add a server:
current address: 199.102.79.90:28751

To pick the SLUvivor server:

Choose Favorites and then choose the "Wicked Muses" server that you just added.

Once you join it might start loading and then show this screen. This is ok, just give it a sec and it should connect:

If you have saved characters that you have played on the official servers you should be able to download that character onto the SLUrvivor server. If (like me) you have just played locally on your own pc than you'll need to make a new character.

Once in game I can add you to the tribe and then all buildings, storage, dinos are shared (in an update I think this will be tweaked to have personal stuff as well). I've already placed a structure and can make a few clothes if you need em off the bat.

(Will pm the password to Edav just in case)

*server info updated 06/03/2016

Only on SLU can there be an in-depth discussion about the history of packaging for pre-mixed cookie dough and its potential application in vaginally mediated theft. - Nemo Quisquam

Last edited by NyteWytch; 06-03-2016 at 03:45 PM. Reason: updated server info
NyteWytch is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
2 Users Said Thanks :
3 Users Like This:
Old 06-13-2015, 01:28 AM   #2 (permalink)
adorabilis!

*SLU Supporter*

plurk this

My Mood:

Thanks! I am totally going to get this
AvaAdore is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Hugged You:
Old 06-13-2015, 12:27 PM   #3 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: July 2003
Been having a blast with ARK all afternoon.

Last edited by stora; 06-13-2015 at 02:28 PM. Reason: Typos
stora is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 06-13-2015, 01:29 PM   #4 (permalink)

My Mood:

Gaming Guru 
I probably will pop in later this afternoon or tonight.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:18 AM   #5 (permalink)
Indentured Servant

My Mood:

Ha! I got a lil frisky and decided to start stabbing a lvl 1 trike near my thatch mansion. I figured a level 1 would be easy. Ha! He swiped me hard and had me on the run. I kept trying to jump on rocks to lose him but he wasn't deterred. I ran into my thatch mansion while loling at his frustrations. So after he busts through, taking down a few walls and door I end up respawning back there at my hide sleeping bag. I figured he'd have given up by then. Nope! So there I was naked and in the dark and he was ravenous for my cadaver. He finally reset and just chilled by my pad.

10/10 will stab again! I'm loving this game and finding it hard to play other stuff even though it does have some wonky issues. Looking forward to seeing some of you in game!
1 User Laughed:
2 Users Like This:
Old 06-14-2015, 10:13 AM   #6 (permalink)
adorabilis!

*SLU Supporter*

plurk this

My Mood:

I got hangry and thumped a dodo bird. Tasted like chicken
Old 06-14-2015, 12:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Tea Bitch

*SLU Supporter*

Cherry red lips and sick on her boots

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 26th April 2007

Best Anglo-Saxon High Horse Reference 
I've managed to be killed by most things - The first death was two other players attacking me and its gone down hill from there , finally my last death was a dodo !!!

Well he kept running between my legs and I couldn't hit him so was swinging blindly and didn't see the trike which I hit by accident , the rest is history

Vanguard of the LolCatz Revolution
This Post was financed by The National LolCatz Archives

Clancy Sullivan :Yeah. YEAH! The sultry seamstress of mirth is definitely in charge now.
Certified 7.8 on the Official Non-Arbitrary Trout Algorithmic Slut scale

A public copy of my Second Life Main Grid Survey Database can be found at http://www.gridsurvey.com - Now with added Second Life Incidents !!

Tyche Shepherd is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Awww:
1 User Laughed:
Old 06-14-2015, 01:05 PM   #8 (permalink)
adorabilis!

*SLU Supporter*

plurk this

My Mood:

At our camp I found NyteWytch dead and tried to drag her body inside the hut. It wouldn't let me do so, so I kinda nudged her under it, and went off to get stuff. I came back and a dinosaur was eating her so I killed that sucker. I've been using a hatchet and killed a level 23 dinosaur (!)

I got busy this morning and crafted a bunch of storage boxes and put tools, clothes, and materials in them. Help yourselves!
1 User Said Yay!:
2 Users Laughed:
Old 06-14-2015, 11:17 PM   #9 (permalink)
Indentured Servant

My Mood:

Awwww, Cris and Ava got all tuckered out adventuring.

Oh and if anybody wants to join our little encampment pick east zone 2 when you spawn and look for the gaudy thatch building on the shore.

Last edited by NyteWytch; 06-14-2015 at 11:34 PM.
1 User Laughed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-15-2015, 08:56 AM   #10 (permalink)
adorabilis!

*SLU Supporter*

plurk this

My Mood:

I'm working on building a nicer wooden house that dinosaurs can't eat (or I hope they can't eat), so if anyone has spare wood, there's a box marked "wood" and drop it in there.

How did you get the map to show like that NyteWytch? Cristiano and I couldn't figure it out. Is that the M button plus first person view? I was playing in third.
Old 06-15-2015, 02:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Indentured Servant

My Mood:

Yeah map is in first person view at the moment. I play with a controller and just scroll in to see the map. This map was from the net though. Looks like East Zone 3 would actually be a better pick for respawning currently. Once we have someone that can make beds then the tribe can respawn at the base directly.

Feel free to use anything in the storage boxes. AvaAdore and I have tried to keep some clothes and tools in there for fresh repawns, newbies or breakages. I put down a mortar/pestle, cooking plot and a small garden plot (can only use 1 seed at a time). I've been storing narcotics for taming which doesn't spoil like the narcoberries for taming. I think you have to unlock the narcotics with engrams in order to make em yourself but I think anyone can use the cooking pot. Recipes are for buffs and don't increase your food meter, I believe.

Recipes - Official ARK: Survival Evolved Wiki
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-15-2015, 02:06 PM   #12 (permalink)
adorabilis!

*SLU Supporter*

plurk this

My Mood:

I put a bunch of seeds I've found in one of the boxes, should you want to plant them.
Old 06-16-2015, 07:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
adorabilis!

*SLU Supporter*

plurk this

My Mood:

I was in my inventory, happily making wooden walls since it was nighttime, all tucked away in the hut with everyone's snoozing body. I close my inventory and a MOTHERFUCKING PTERODACTYL has its face stuck in the house through the door. I'm still recovering.
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 06-16-2015, 08:25 PM   #14 (permalink)
Indentured Servant

My Mood:

Yeah I've finally gotten a bit braver around them since they haven't killed me yet. Although yesterday I tried to adventure a bit and got killed by a fucking level 1 scorpion. He tranq me then just proceeded to defile my lifeless body. So after I regeared up, I saw a treasure appear in te lagoon in front of the hut. I said "Fuck yeah!" and jumped in. Took a careful look around, no predators, so swam up to the treasure. Just as I open the treasure, fucking megladon rips me apart in one bite. So I just farmed after that. Hahaha!
1 User Laughed:
Old 06-17-2015, 01:02 AM   #15 (permalink)
Indentured Servant

My Mood:

Finally learned waterskin and beds so if you need to respawn you can pick the "simple Bed" spawn point, forgot to name it something imaginative. Also I tamed a dodo so if you see "Lunch" hanging round camp don't eat her! I'll have to get her a Mr. Lunch and then he'll lay eggs we can eat.
1 User Said Yay!:
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-17-2015, 02:23 PM   #16 (permalink)
Indentured Servant

My Mood:

With update 176 there are options to pick for the Tribe government. Let me know what you guys prefer, I'm ok with things being communal unless you guys prefer personal.

Tribe Governance Options :: ARK: Survival Evolved General Discussions

Quote:
Tribe Governance Options
Hey guys!

Just a run through for the current options with the new Tribe Government settings.

IMPORTANT - Before joining a tribe

When you receive a tribe invite, you are able to click on View Tribe Info in the activation menu, as an option. This will allow you to inspect the government settings of the tribe that has invited you. Therefore you'll be able to make an informed decision about whether you would want to join, based on ownership etc. If you do not see any government settings, that mean the tribe has not set them up yet and you should proceed with caution.

Dino Ownership

Tribe Owned

This is where any Dinosaur that joins the tribe ends up belonging to the tribe (this affects any Dino you previously own when you join the Tribe!). So any member belonging to the tribe is able to unclaim, ride, access the inventory, command the Dinosaur to carry out actions. If you leave the tribe, the Dinosaur stays with the tribe.

Personally Owned, Tribe Ridden

This is where the Dinosaurs are owned by the person who brings them to the tribe. However they can still be ridden and used by other tribe members (inventory access, AI commands). If you were to leave the tribe, the Dinosaur will also leave with you (and eject that creepy stranger who’s riding it!).

Personally Owned - Personally Ridden

This is where the Dinosaur is solely your personal belonging, members of the tribe cannot carry out any actions with the Dinosaur, only you can. If you are to leave the tribe, the Dinosaur also leaves.

Dino Taming

THIS OPTION ONLY BECOMES AVAILABLE IF YOU HAVE NOT SELECTED TRIBE-OWNERSHIP IN THE ABOVE SETTING.

Tribe Taming

This means from here on out any Dinosaur that you tame or anyone in the tribe tames will belong to the tribe, for total communal use.

Personal Taming

This means from here on out whilst in the tribe, anything that you tame will belong to you (and thus follow the Dino Ownership rules above) and if you are to leave the tribe, it leaves with you. Taming rights in this case are determined by who knocked the Dino out (if knocked out by a player) or put the first piece of food into its inventory. You can tell who’s gonna own the Tamed dino in this case by looking at the Taming HUD.

Structure Ownership

This determines who owns the structures in the tribe, this will refer to who can place new objects, demolishing, setting pin codes etc.

Tribe Owned

Tribe owned means that everything that any structure or object placed is under ownership of the entire tribe. Therefore anyone in the tribe can interact with it. If you are to leave the tribe, anything you have built whilst a member - remains in the tribe.

Personally Owned, Tribe Snap, Admin Demolish

This mean that anything you place is owned by you, if you are to leave the tribe, the structures still belong to you. Tribe snap allows other people to help you with your buildings by placing objects, as well as allowing them to build nearby. Admin Demolish means that only you or admins can demolish what you own.

Personally Owned, Personal Snap

This means that anything you placed is owned by you, and only you can add on to it by placing new objects or structures. If you leave the tribe, you still own everything.

Locks & Pincodes

THIS OPTION ONLY BECOMES AVAILABLE IF YOU HAVE SELECTED A NON-TRIBE OWNERSHIP IN THE ABOVE SETTING

Tribe Locks & Pincodes

This option applies to Gates, Doors and Storage chests. It means that one of the prior is locked or has a pincode, a tribe member can automatically bypass this. Non tribe-members will have to either know the pin-code or they are unable to access any locked structures/doors.

Personal Locks & Pincodes

This option applies to Gates, Doors and Storage chests. This means that if something is locked or has a pincode, only you can immediately by-pass this. Other members of the tribe, or non-tribe members will have to know the pin-code to open the gates, doors or the storage chests.

Hope this clears up some of the confusion! We will be adding more Tribe Governance options based on feedback (very likely related to Admin privileges), as well as making it possible for a Tribe to change their Governance settings more than once… but until then, choose wisely if you’re going to setup your Tribe Government because currently it’s a one-time decision!

Have fun and feel free to ask any questions that I might be able to help you with here,
Your Community Manager, Jat
Old 06-17-2015, 08:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
adorabilis!

*SLU Supporter*

plurk this

My Mood:

Sharing is great. I thought we were. If not, I owe Edav a rock.
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 06-18-2015, 05:17 PM   #18 (permalink)
Script Kitty

SL Join Date: 2/16/2007
Business: Black Operations
Client: Singularity
I'm really tempted to get this. I saw it on the Featured Deals on Steam earlier today and I was really excited, but for whatever reason they don't seem to be giving it the normal Featured discount. It's still at the same sale price it's been since the beginning of the sale, and there's no 48-hour countdown on Ark's store page.

I hope it's an oversight and that they fix it soon. It's probably costing the devs lost sales.

ETA:

Never mind, I checked the game's Discussion page on Steam. Someone asked about whether there was some sort of error since this is the only game on the daily Featured Deals that didn't get an added discount, and one of the devs responded:

Quote:
As for the Daily Deal, the Spectacles is our way of saying thank you, but yes to avoid making anyone feel bad about buying the game at its launch price, we weren't able to discount it any further.
http://steamcommunity.com/app/346110...20656469400035

So I guess it wasn't a mistake. They wanted the extra publicity from being listed as a Featured Deal, but they didn't want to drop the price further. It's funny, if they hadn't done this, I probably would have bought the game at the end of the Summer Sale, at the price they're charging.
But I cannot take your arguments seriously when you back them up with links to ridiculously bad information. It's not bad because I disagree with it, it's bad because it really is bad. These sites demonstrate zero knowledge of the science they are discussing, they link almost exclusively to other non-information, and when they DO link to an authoritative source, they misrepresent what the source actually says.

Last edited by Jahar Aabye; 06-18-2015 at 06:10 PM.
Jahar Aabye is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-18-2015, 06:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
E=mc^(OMG)/wtf

*SLU Supporter*

Easily amused.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May, 2005
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 4
Special Achievement In Creepy Avatar Threads 
I fell for it. Took over half an hour to get it installed and ready to play

But I was pretty proud of myself for figuring out that you could collect wood by actually punching trees with your bare hands! Had to find a Youtube tutorial to figure out where the crafting dropdown was, but this game might have some potential.

Since my headset shot the craps, I don't have a mic to voice with anybody (just never needed one), and my machine specs are on the borderline (had to turn graphics down a touch to get better FPS). So I'm reluctant to join one of the ARK servers just yet.

Playing "local" so far to figure out if I want to go very far. Where do I get machine guns?
1 User Hugged You:
Old 06-18-2015, 09:28 PM   #20 (permalink)
Indentured Servant

My Mood:

Don't be afraid to join us! You can text chat or even just poop in our general direction and that's fine by us. We've got some mats stored and would love the company.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 06-18-2015, 09:38 PM   #21 (permalink)
Image is Everything

Je suis slogan

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2/29/2008

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
As for the Daily Deal, the Spectacles is our way of saying thank you, but yes to avoid making anyone feel bad about buying the game at its launch price, we weren't able to discount it any further.
The release date is listed as June 2nd on Steam, so sounds fair enough to me. I don't doubt it will be on sale again in a month of two, Steam or elsewhere. I'll probably go ahead and buy it now though.
Old 06-18-2015, 10:02 PM   #22 (permalink)
adorabilis!

*SLU Supporter*

plurk this

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteWytch View Post
Don't be afraid to join us! You can text chat or even just poop in our general direction and that's fine by us. We've got some mats stored and would love the company.

agreed, the two of us pooped on meeting.
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Agreed:
Old 06-18-2015, 11:32 PM   #23 (permalink)
Indentured Servant

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jahar Aabye View Post
It's funny, if they hadn't done this, I probably would have bought the game at the end of the Summer Sale, at the price they're charging.
I get your opinion on this but at the same time if they even dropped it by a couple bucks then there would've been a ton of returns/repurchases due to the new return policy (I probably would've too). All I can say is that this game has been more than worth the $25 for the 15 hours and counting that I've gotten out of it. Don't let that keep ya from owning your very own dodo!
Old 06-19-2015, 01:05 AM   #24 (permalink)
Script Kitty

SL Join Date: 2/16/2007
Business: Black Operations
Client: Singularity
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyteWytch View Post
I get your opinion on this but at the same time if they even dropped it by a couple bucks then there would've been a ton of returns/repurchases due to the new return policy (I probably would've too). All I can say is that this game has been more than worth the $25 for the 15 hours and counting that I've gotten out of it. Don't let that keep ya from owning your very own dodo!
Sure, and like I said, if it hadn't been a Daily Deal, I probably would have bought it this weekend as the sale wraps up. But the devs (or the publisher) decided that they wanted to be on the front page as a Daily Deal, without discounting the game like the rest of the Daily Deals.

I understand why they felt like they couldn't do a price drop, because in this case virtually all of their sales had been made within the refundable timeframe. I'm fine with their decision not to do that. But they went and Rockstarred the game to get it on the front page.

It looks like a cool game, but I think I'll wait till it's done with Early Access.
Jahar Aabye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 09:44 AM   #25 (permalink)
adorabilis!

*SLU Supporter*

plurk this

My Mood:

I'm looking forward to playing lots this weekend...all the crafting and gathering is relaxing. PANTS FOR EVERYONE!
1 User Said Yay!:

Tags
ark , slurvivors