What are you having for dinner? - Page 32 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Off Topic Discussion > Food » What are you having for dinner?

Food Discuss your unnatural emotional attachment to cheese and other such food related vices.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2017, 11:59 PM   #776 (permalink)
Adult Content

My Mood:
Tonight was chicken fried steak and mashed red potatoes.
Rhonda Huntress is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 04-01-2017, 06:03 PM   #777 (permalink)

Lurkin' and stuff

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Tonight I am have pizza.

With pineapples on it.

Dakota Tebaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2017, 12:43 PM   #778 (permalink)
Adult Content

My Mood:

What are you having for dinner?-img_0183.jpg
Old 04-21-2017, 02:50 AM   #779 (permalink)
Fizzy!

Refreshing!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: '06
Business: Darnkeyes!

Awards: 2
Supermodel of the World 
I had a heart burn sandwich, pepperoni and cheese.

Ahaha, such a simpleton. It'z so much fun playing jokez on you. I waz only here to see how she waz doing, but I had fun while I waz at it. So long, Sere, au revoir, mon ami! Pleaze dream of moi every night! Oui! ~ Harle

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalStrange View Post
That's your own fault. I took your panties out of your mouth pages ago. Now you just like them there.
Lady Darnk Juniorette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2017, 08:43 AM   #780 (permalink)
Tired

Watery

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/28/2005
The grocery store here has Seriously Sharp Cabot Vermont cheddar and it's inexpensive here and it's SERIOUS, seriously. Srs.

Yummmmy!
Brenda Archer is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 05-02-2017, 01:23 PM   #781 (permalink)
bunneh

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2006
Client: Firestorm and Project Bento
I just made and enjoyed beef stroganoff. It was so worth the time. ^_^

First, one and a half red onions, sliced and then coarsely chopped, and two flat mushrooms, similarly thinly sliced, then chopped into thirds. Into the pan (well, wok) with some olive oil to sauté down, while I got on with preparing the thinly sliced frying steak into ribbons.

Once the onions and mushrooms were more or less initially done, I added a tin of crushed tomatoes, and some left over passata the roomie had used for a shepherd's pie a few days ago, plus oregano, basil, rosemary, mustard powder, sweet smoked paprika, and garlic paste, leaving that to cook down a little, and get up to temperature, ready for the beef.

Then the beef, and turned the heat back up to full, to get it up to temperature again, stirring constantly, to ensure it cooked evenly, and distribute the heat throughout what was a fairly substantial potload by that point, given I was cooking for two.

Toward the end, the sour cream (ie cream that'd been sitting in the fridge for a week, and I didn't want to waste it =, some spiced rum, a dash of tequila, a small splash of soy sauce, and barely half a teaspoon of sugar.

Served with some microwaved rice and boiled broccoli. (I might've gone with macaroni, but the only pasta in the larder right now is spaghetti and fusilli, neither of which felt quite right)
"Separated lovers cheat absence by a thousand fancies which have their own reality. They are prevented from seeing one another and they cannot write; nevertheless they find countless mysterious ways of corresponding, by sending each other the song of birds, the scent of flowers, the laughter of children, the light of the sun, the sighing of the wind, and the gleam of the stars - all the beauties of creation." -- Victor Hugo
Porsupah Ree is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Like This:
Old 05-04-2017, 03:00 PM   #782 (permalink)

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
I don't know what I'll have for dinner, but I'm staaaaarving. I'm not sure why, I had a huge breakfast. And doughnuts....

If I were a reasonable person, I would eat something light and healthy tonight.
Isabeau Imako is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Hugged You:
Old 05-04-2017, 10:41 PM   #783 (permalink)
Adult Content

My Mood:
I had grilled sirloin steak, peanut butter crackers and a blueberry smoothie.
That's what happens when I'm busy and Jax makes supper. He made the steaks but no sides so I wound up munching on whatever.
2 Users Laughed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 05-25-2017, 09:36 PM   #784 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

Curmudgeon

SL Join Date: 9/25/2005
This... n' that.

That's two layers of pre-browned tater tots on top of Alton Brown's shepherds's pie recipe* filling, then finished for 30 mins at 350.

(note bubbling gravy)

Not a trace left, the kids devoured it.

(kids being adults under 35)

*a pound each of ground beef and ground pork substituted for ground lamb, which can't be found here.
Attached Thumbnails
What are you having for dinner?-tater_tot_casserole.jpg  
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aimee Weber View Post
Who would have thought WacoNegraUnpluged Resident would end up being a problem?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cristiano View Post
I'm not going to go into the circular clusterfuck of doom with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robble Rubble View Post
I'll admit it feels bizarre for me to say this but.... STOP FEEDING THE TROLL
Tengu Yamabushi is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 05-26-2017, 07:25 PM   #785 (permalink)

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

Location: Faery Crossing, Angel Manor, New Babbage, Europa Wulfenbach
My Mood:
SL Join Date: Feb 2008
Business: Dark Alice, HorrorAddicts.net
Client: Firestorm, Crystal Ball
Greek yogurt drizzled with local honey and sprinkled with sliced almonds.
Not much to look at but such a lovely taste!
Fauve Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 05-30-2017, 09:31 AM   #786 (permalink)
bunneh

My Mood:
Just had a pretty nice cottage pie, or something descended from it. ^_^ Started by sautéing a sliced flat mushroom and half an onion, then adding a bit of ground beef and letting that cook down, before adding half a tin of blackeyed beans and half a carton of chopped tomatoes, seasoned with some basil, rosemary, oregano, pepper, and thyme, plus a good dollop of garlic purée and a dash of oyster sauce. Then, toward the end, a chopped carrot, and a little gravy powder, just to thicken it up a touch.

Topped with some mashed Anya potatoes (tiny bit of salt and pepper, some milk, and a little white truffle oil), and served with broccoli.
"Separated lovers cheat absence by a thousand fancies which have their own reality. They are prevented from seeing one another and they cannot write; nevertheless they find countless mysterious ways of corresponding, by sending each other the song of birds, the scent of flowers, the laughter of children, the light of the sun, the sighing of the wind, and the gleam of the stars - all the beauties of creation." -- Victor Hugo
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-03-2017, 03:38 PM   #787 (permalink)
bunneh

My Mood:
I found some belly pork reduced recently, and thought it'd preface Doctor Who nicely. ^_^ So, I started by dropping it into the slow cooker for a few hours, atop a can of butter beans, a few long peppers (like peppercorns, but long), and enough home made cider to cover the meat, but not the fat that would, hopefully, become the crackling toward the end.

Then, phase two: the roasting. ^_^ Into a hot oven (220C or so), alongside a few pre-sliced parsnips, a couple sections of leek, and a chicory half, halved. Eventually I realised that, yes, I needed to salt the crackling if it were to become thus, and caught it in time. Yay!

To go along with it all, I'd separated the beans which had been cooking in the cider and pork, and simply lightly coated them in a little soft French cheese whose name I forget, but is similar in nature to Vacherin, and some boiled Spring greens.

Oh, and a gravy made of the aforementioned cider, reduced to about half its volume, with a little gravy powder and arrowroot, to season and thicken it a little further.

It was absolutely delicious. ^_^

(The roomie seemed okay with it, and left a clean plate, but was in a very quiet mood, unfortunately. I'd been hoping for a bit more of a reaction, I admit)
2 Users Like This:
Old 06-04-2017, 05:49 AM   #788 (permalink)

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

My Mood:
Lentils Ras el Hanout

I have a small 3-pot crockpot contraption so I usually use one pot for these but they can be simmered on the stove until tender as well, cooking time depends on temperature, age of the lentils and how tender/firm you like them. How much in dry volume depends on the pot size (they don't quite double in size) and how much water or broth depends on how soupy vs dry you like them.

Some Lentils
Water or broth 2-3 times volume of lentils
1 can diced, fire roasted tomatoes, undrained
Ras el Hanout spice blend, (a little or a lot)
Some garlic
Some diced onion.

Cook until done to taste, adding liquid if they get too dry.
Crock pot 2-3 hrs on high, stove about 40 min.

Last edited by Fauve Aeon; 06-04-2017 at 06:10 AM.
Fauve Aeon is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Like This:
Old 06-04-2017, 06:07 AM   #789 (permalink)
a sherpa of your emotions

*SLU Supporter*

rotisserie compulsive

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 9/29/2007
Business: Culprit
Client: LL beta

In Queso Emergency 
just put in the oven.. waiting for it to be ready..
home made chikin and mushroom pies..
instead of a big one i made 10 individual ones.. so can freeze some for later consumption..
but fuck my arms ache like a motherfucker .. all that fiddly pastry work...

no sides needed cause the veg is in the pie too.. i would have made mash potatoes but .. fuckit.
Old 06-21-2017, 05:32 PM   #790 (permalink)
bunneh

My Mood:
Pizza! I picked up a cheap (marked down) and huge supermarket pizza the previous night, and shared it with the roomie. As it was originally just chicken, bell peppers, and red onion, I felt it needed a bit more to really go anywhere, plus needing some extra tomato, given store-made pizzas going out of date tend to go rather dry, with what little tomato's on them getting drawn into the base.

So.. a full tear-down was called for, taking off the chicken, peppers, onion, and cheese, before adding a can of tomato (minus most of the juice), mixed up with garlic, oregano, basil, rosemary, and pepper. Then, plenty of bacon, pre-cooked and drained, to ensure it didn't leave the pizza wet during cooking (it's very cheap bacon, but tasty), short julienned parsnip (again, cooked first), then original toppings, and finally a few mushrooms, nicely thickly sliced.

This was followed by the LEGO Batman Movie. So, not a bad night at all. ^_^ (His first time, my second)
2 Users Said Yay!:
1 User Likes This:
Old 06-21-2017, 06:06 PM   #791 (permalink)
Imp

Who are you?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Early '06 or late '05, not sure.
Client: Singularity, mostly.
Am making veggie beef soup base. Corn, peas, carrots, lima beans, green beans, lentils, and onions. Will store it and add barley or noodles or potatoes later.
Gabriell Anatra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2017, 09:27 PM   #792 (permalink)
Imp

Who are you?

My Mood:
Well, I goofed.

Got out some soup base, put it in a small pot with water and barley, turned it on low, and went to play a game.

Clean forgot it too. No, cooking on low for three and a half hours is not good for soup.

We're still getting the smell of charred food out.
Old 06-24-2017, 11:31 PM   #793 (permalink)
bunneh

My Mood:
Diced up pork shoulder, getting rid of most of the fat (tedious work), gently fried with a sliced leek and three sliced asparagus stalks. After a bit, I added some of the second home-made cider, and let that reduce down to maybe a third of its original volume, thickening with a little arrowroot. Seasoning provided by pepper, sage, a little thyme, some garlic paste, and a teensy bit of smoked paprika. Finally, about ⅔ tin of borlotti beans, all served on a rice bed. Oh, and there was a tiny bit of sugar involved, and a dash of balsamic vinegar.
Old 06-26-2017, 03:27 AM   #794 (permalink)

Wanted for Makeup Crimes

My Mood:
Super late 3AM hungry-sleepy foodZ:

1/2 tin garbanzo beans
Tbsp jarred pesto
Dash of hot smoked paprika

Stir-nuke-n-nom

Eaten with a couple of slices of sharp cheddar, some olives and a stinky pickle.
2 Users Like This:
Old 06-26-2017, 07:34 PM   #795 (permalink)
Imp

Who are you?

My Mood:
Homemade chili. It's about half peppers and onions by volume and is quite good.
2 Users Like This:
Old 07-02-2017, 02:24 PM   #796 (permalink)
pushes vertices

Shinyyyyy!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 666
Business: Timetwist by A2NZ
Client: Official Viewer
I've just joined a communal garden, and got some goodies out of it already -- two small beetroots, a radish, herbs (basically stuff that had been planted too tightly, so it had to go) and the tastiest rocket ever.

I used up all of the beetroots. I sliced the root part really thinly, diced the stalk, and stir-fried this with an onion. Then I cut the leaves and added it to the pot, along with some spiralised courgettes that I had in the fridge. I added a can of meatballs in tomato sauce (super cheap!), and at the end, fresh herbs: parsley, mint, a bit of garlic.

I served it with couscous.

It was yummy! I'm glad I used up all the parts of the beetroots. It really bulks up the volume, and it adds texture and slightly different tastes to the mix. Loved it!

Oh, and I also had an infusion of fresh mint leaves.
I see your work and think 'she'll go far' which is why theres no need of an aide memoire
xxxxxx

Last edited by Raindrop Drinkwater; 07-02-2017 at 04:13 PM.
Raindrop Drinkwater is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
2 Users Like This:
Old 07-04-2017, 05:32 PM   #797 (permalink)

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
I made the most fantastic leftovers thingy for lunch with some veggies that needed to be used today and the bottom of a jar of salsa. With chickpeas, charred mini sweet peppers, broccoli, and mushrooms over rice - along with chunks of red onions, lots of garlic, the salsa, both fish and oyster sauce, cider vinegar, chili-garlic sauce, and sugar... over rice. I call it Sweet-n-Sour Touski à la Olé.™

Alas, woe is me, I didn't measure anything, and I'll probably never be able to recreate this concoction again. The joys of the avant-garde chef are few and ephemeral...
Isabeau Imako is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 07-04-2017, 06:51 PM   #798 (permalink)
I see what you're doing!

*SLU Supporter*

Whatcha lookin' at?

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 18, 2005
Client: Firestorm

SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Send a message via Skype™ to Sally Rosebud
Teriyaki chicken with brown rice, broccoli, and carrots.
Got a small apple pie from the store and some vanilla ice cream for dessert.
Sally Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dinner , food