Looking for kitchen and garden ideas - Page 4 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Fashion and Shopping » Looking for kitchen and garden ideas

Fashion and Shopping Discuss where to buy things, where to find things, favorite designers, etc. DO NOT ADVERTISE.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #76 (permalink)
I am the Script Police!

*SLU Supporter*

post_count++;

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 11/01/2005
Business: The Wastelands
Client: Official Newest
So now it's a semantics and morality argument. Great.
NeoBokrug Elytis is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 04-21-2014, 02:43 PM   #77 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
Quote:
Sal:
Eboni and Cory posted because ZOMG how dare anyone point out they did something petty/unfair. Trying to make it seem like Lil was driving some master plan that excuses their coming in to engage in the drama is just silly. Eboni had the power to impose the ban and did. Cory had the option to advocate for her customer or blindly accept Eboni's judgement.
I don't really know Cory or Eboni beyond the forums and plurk but yeah....

that is fucking funny shit right there because apparently, you don't even remember Eboni from the forums and Cory has never come off as someone who would follow anyone 'blindly' when it comes to their perspective business(s)

Eboni on a power trip about her business while Cory traipses blindly behind.

Pardon me while I go laugh hysterical in the corner.
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 02:56 PM   #78 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

SL Join Date: 11/21/05
Client: Firestorm usually

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Quote:
Originally Posted by pancake View Post
Business is business. If she believes this ... tool... whatever, is a threat to content creators, or a threat to her business, she will stand by that.
This isn't a professional business decision; this is a silly personal issue. It's a silly personal issue on all sides.

Eboni is smart enough to know that banning someone doesn't do anything to prevent the ripping of textures; especially if the person is only doing it on items they purchased. It wasn't a threat to her or anyone. She took a personal issue beyond the message board to an in-world ban for petty reasons. She has 100% every right to do so (since we have to say this now or risk it being pointed out over and over); elevating it to a "business choice" validates the idea that all those people who install "anti-copybot" stupidity in their stores have a point. They don't.

This didn't protect Eboni's property. This didn't help her business. This didn't prevent Lil from getting products off the MP or via other means. It was just "na na na, I can keep you out of my land, unless you come crawling back to me for permission."

Quote:
Agree or disagree, Eboni ain't backing down. Will she dramawhore about it? Never.
The "I ain't backing down and can't ever be found wrong" mindset is exactly what makes blogging and consumer advocacy so insanely tedious in today's SL. Creators are frequently wrong but instead of just accepting that some people object to their choices, it becomes an us vs them battleground. And if you don't like it they all too often play the "eat ban, motherfucker" card. It's petty and stupid and it's becoming more and more the norm, especially within certain groups of merchants.

It's exactly the same thing as refusing to let certain people post comments on a blog entry. You may have every right to do it, but it's not professional or responsible; it's petty.

And banning someone from your property when you regularly post with them on a message board is at least as much dramawhoring as posting a thread that includes the fact that you've been banned. This whole concept that it's only drama on Lil's part is really getting creepy.

Quote:
She will quietly and discreetly handle it as she sees fit and move on. She's got bigger shit to worry about. That would be the end unless another party brings it up.
This is tosh. She had enough time to impose a petty ban for personal reasons; there was clearly no bigger shit she had to worry about that day. Elevating Eboni's behavior beyond what it was with some "you go girl" snap while berating Lil for her side of the drama is crazy hypocritical.

Quote:
I vent here all the time, so do others, but don't trick me into a vent thread. It makes me cranky.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Io Zeno View Post
... but when you are trying to trick people into siding with you or whatever, you will just piss them off.
This is the second time I've seen this position advocated on this board and it's as deeply hypocritical to me now as it was the first time I encountered it. Your opinion is your opinion, regardless of who is on what side. It shouldn't fucking matter. What this is really saying is "if I knew someone I liked was involved, I wouldn't admit to my real opinion" or worse -- "if someone I like is involved my position changes. Don't trick me into telling the truth about someone like like!" If that's how you pick right and wrong in your own mind, fine, but don't shuffle it off as someone trying to trick you. You are responsible for your own views and posts; no one can trick you into drama.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eboni Khan View Post
Usually when people are banned they message you and ask why they are banned, I have never had anyone publicly complain about being banned and I have owned private regions off and on since 2005.
So the act of banning usually provokes a response. And you banned someone you regularly post on a public message board alongside because of something that happened on that public message board.

Check.

Quote:
If Lil had messaged me on the first day instead of trying to bait me into responding to her in that land scam thread, I would have removed her from the ban list that day,
Why? Why not just remove her without waiting for her to message you when you saw that it had affected her in the other thread?

Quote:
but her actions since have created an environment where it is impossible to ever remove her from the ban list.
This is so much BS. If you want her on the ban list, fine, keep her there. But what -- the fact that she posted on a message board makes her more likely to be a disruption to your customers? What's she going to do -- stand in the middle of the SIM wearing an "Eboni was mean to me" sign?

You -- and now Cory I guess is what you're trying to say -- have a personal miff because someone dared to point out that you were behaving petty on a message board. Oh boo hoo.

Lil's action of posting what she does with textures had the consequence of pissing you off. You in turn banned her. That had the consequence of hurting her feelings, keeping her from shopping at Cory's store and ruining the relationship between a consumer and how they feel about a brand. Congratulations. You win.

You have every right to keep your petty ban in place, but acting like Lil has taken this to some level and "created an environment where it is impossible to ever remove her from the ban list" is just as silly as the initial ban.

Quote:
She has NEVER asked to be removed from the ban list at all. I don't think she even cares about being banned, she is just going to maximum drama.
I've never asked to be unbanned from anywhere, nor will I. When I've been unbanned it's always been because the person doing the banning either forgot or stopped caring. Lil didn't want or need to come crawling to you to be unbanned. She went to the owner of the store she wanted to shop at. At that point, when Cory came to you it would have been easy to say "yeah, I banned her, but it's not a big enough deal to lose a customer over -- just go ahead and remove it." You didn't do that. If Lil was going to maximum drama you were going to maximum ego.

But if she'd IMed you to personally request being unbanned and kissed your ring instead of dealing with the merchant she had a consumer relationship with, it would have all be okay? Yeah, that's ethics.

Quote:
Since Lil has made it as public as possible, it is out of my hands.
Wow. So you and Cory have had your ability to ban/unban removed by Linden Lab because of a message board post? That seems important.

Look, you took a disagreement on a message board and made it into a personal ban in-world. No one is going to argue your right to do that. But it was stupid and petty and nothing changes that. You didn't feel your business was threatened. You didn't feel you had to protect your property. You didn't think Lil was going to disrupt you (or Cory's) other customers. This wasn't about you feeling safe or taking an important stand on an issue. This was about someone having different views than you and you using that as a basis to ban them.

You, Cory, and any other land owner in SL have every right to uphold that silly position but it's not out of your hands. It's exactly smack dab in the middle of your hands. Own that ffs and stop playing keep away with your responsibilities and choices.
SalStrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:12 PM   #79 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post
apparently, you don't even remember Eboni from the forums and Cory has never come off as someone who would follow anyone 'blindly' when it comes to their perspective business(s)
I know Eboni and Cory by reputation and their public behavior as well as mutual friends. I have never had purpose or cause to socialize with them directly, but I don't have to have sleepovers and braid someone's hair to understand the consequences of choices they make. Unlike a lot of people that post here my position is my position regardless of my personal feelings about the individuals involved. I have zero qualms about telling someone I otherwise like or respect when I feel they're behaving badly. I have zero qualms about agreeing with/defending someone I otherwise don't care for. In this case, I have been aware of them as merchants for many years. In fact, I just had a ridiculous back and forth with some idiot on my blog comments who was trying to paint Cory as a IP infringer. I have frequently posted that Cory is someone whose talent I respect. I own a ton of her stuff. Eboni's products do not meet my personal style or quality standards. She does just fine without me. I haven't had a lot of cause to blog her over the years. She's not someone I personally agree with on -- well, anything. That said, I also find it surprising, given her outward personality, that she bothered to impose a petty ban over a message board matter. I wouldn't expect her to do it; I don't think Lil should have expected it to happen either.

If I had found myself banned (and after this happened, I did check my own ability to enter the SIM because I've disagreed with Eboni plenty and would be annoyed if it prohibited me from gaining access to Cory's shop) I would have addressed the issue with Cory and not Eboni as well. Because Cory would have been the merchant I was involved with.

Quote:
Eboni on a power trip about her business while Cory traipses blindly behind.

Pardon me while I go laugh hysterical in the corner.
You can laugh hysterically so long as you understand you're laughing at your own projection onto my point and not anything I implied.

Cory chose to trust Eboni's judgement without questioning it. Neither of them has provided any logical reason for this ban. Cory's own position was that it was Eboni's choice and she wasn't going to question Eboni's judgement. When you don't question something that's following blindly, or, more accurately, punting responsibility to the other party.

I didn't say she'd follow her over a cliff, but if you want to paint it that way, have fun with that.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:16 PM   #80 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm

The 2 Millionth Post Award 
I'm guessing the tl:dr of the previous posts boils down to: Sal disagrees.
Old 04-21-2014, 04:10 PM   #81 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer
Cock Chafer

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2007
Client: Catznip or the Official but I dabble in others

The Penis Handler 
I'm going to simply disagree with some of your other observations Sal, but this part I wanted to elaborate on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalStrange View Post

This is the second time I've seen this position advocated on this board and it's as deeply hypocritical to me now as it was the first time I encountered it. Your opinion is your opinion, regardless of who is on what side. It shouldn't fucking matter. What this is really saying is "if I knew someone I liked was involved, I wouldn't admit to my real opinion" or worse -- "if someone I like is involved my position changes. Don't trick me into telling the truth about someone like like!" If that's how you pick right and wrong in your own mind, fine, but don't shuffle it off as someone trying to trick you. You are responsible for your own views and posts; no one can trick you into drama.
You've either misunderstood me, or are misrepresenting what I said.

I am not saying my opinion would change depending on who is on what side. I've equally agreed with and disagreed with a lot of people on this forum, depending on the topic, whether I know them outside of SLU or not. I did not say don't trick me into giving my opinion, I'm hardly shy about giving my opinion on just about everything, including drama.

I am saying that I'm far less inclined to be sympathetic to disingenuous tactics. I don't like being manipulated, it happens, but I don't like it. So in this case, I don't buy that it's a thread about shopping, I didn't from the moment of the OP because I saw the posts about the ban in that land thread, so that makes me less inclined to sympathize with whatever the underlying circumstances are.

I'm far more likely to listen to, believe, and respect a shoot from the hip opinion, whether I agree with it or not, if it's presented for what it is. As I said, if this had been presented as a thread about banning someone for something said on a forum, or a debate about the ethics of texture changing, then if not more productive, at least more honest. As it stands now I feel the way I do when someone uses keyword spam to get me to their location of marketplace. I don't like it and I'm instantly uninterested in what they are peddling.

It's one of the reasons I enjoy reading your posts, even when I disagree, because bait and switch isn't your style, so I am surprised you are defending it.
Pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:37 PM   #82 (permalink)
Extreme Lurker XXL

*ra...*... ahem?

SL Join Date: 2007ish someday
Send a message via Yahoo to Lil Hapmouche
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beebo Brink View Post
I'm guessing the tl:dr of the previous posts boils down to: Sal disagrees.
Well, yeah, that's the bottom line of different opinions.

At the moment, I'm intrigued by the willingness of Ms. "10 years of business experience" to be selectively imprecise in her claims of my supposedly endless virtual molesting of her and her partner (you need less than 10 fingers to count the number of total interaction ever and that'll include a failed delivery request from years ago) and her quick change of mind within two posts concerning ban reasons.
"We don't like you and we don't want you around" ... would have been perfectly fine and it would be mutually shared by now. But the rest that was brought up is pretty much ego blabla.

My apologies if the rest of the folks on that short ban list feature the other forum users who also "admit" their knowledge of that naughty debugger or who expressed an interest in that regard. But for some reason, I don't think that'll be the case.

Anyway, I set up a Bingo card with places where Ms. Khan might go whining about her personal grudge against naughty texture ripping me and her quest to protect those poor soul merchants, like she more or less hinted to do.
Gotta save me some L$ for people who are worth it in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoBokrug Elytis View Post
So now it's a semantics and morality argument. Great.
Don't you have some mediation cases with consenting adults to look after, if this bores you so much?
On a professional level, I suppose we can agree that that method is merely a waste of time and nerves if the involved parties clearly show their refusal to find common ground.

Last edited by Lil Hapmouche; 04-21-2014 at 04:42 PM.
Lil Hapmouche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 07:55 PM   #83 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

Quote:
You've either misunderstood me, or are misrepresenting what I said.
Based on what you've clarified it was misunderstanding. The previous issue I had encountered was people saying "you didn't tell me this was someone I knew, so you were trying to trick me" as if that mattered. My apology if it seemed I was misrepresenting you. It's just how it read to me and I find the concept really frickin' hypocritical.

Quote:
I am saying that I'm far less inclined to be sympathetic to disingenuous tactics. I don't like being manipulated, it happens, but I don't like it.
I agree. But I think we're just on opposite sides of who is doing the manipulating in this case. Actually, to be accurate, I don't think anyone's necessarily being intentionally manipulative -- I just think three people are all behaving somewhat pettily and trying to make it seem like only the other side is to blame.

By default, I put a higher bar of behavior onto the people who are supposed to be behaving professionally, so maybe that accounts for some of the difference.

Quote:
So in this case, I don't buy that it's a thread about shopping, I didn't from the moment of the OP because I saw the posts about the ban in that land thread, so that makes me less inclined to sympathize with whatever the underlying circumstances are...

It's one of the reasons I enjoy reading your posts, even when I disagree, because bait and switch isn't your style, so I am surprised you are defending it.
To be clear, I'm not defending it, I just don't see what you see. Which is ironic because usually I'm the one reading between lines and having to remind myself that not everything follows the plot of a film noir. I'll champion unpopular things and go against a tide, but there's no merit in championing manipulation.

From my point of view, Lil is the consumer. She has never been in the position of power in any of this exchange. Elevating Lil's role to that of power player / master manipulator seems wildly out of proportion to the trolling for hugs behavior that I see. Which, frankly, I see every day in any number of threads on this forum.

So I don't see what other conclusion I can draw. No one objects to general pouting / trolling for sympathy unless someone they know and/or someone that has the potential to respond is the one causing the need for sympathy. Then suddenly trolling for sympathy becomes manipulation.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-21-2014, 07:59 PM   #84 (permalink)
*yawns loudly*

*SLU Supporter*

always in need of coffee

SL Join Date: Septemper 06'
Client: catznip,exodus,nirans
manipulation in the sense that she headed the post stating she wanted to find some 'new to her' stores.

adding in a covert way of saying....it's to suddenly replace other stuff from a store that shall not be named.

When I read it, I thought maybe someone got caught copybotting.

Only to find out, she was banned.

I didn't open the thread to hear about her ban. I opened the thread thinking I would also find some cool shops.

that sort of manipulation.
Misty Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #85 (permalink)
Extreme Lurker XXL

*ra...*... ahem?

Besides the issue of saving up a bit, there's still a good need to go shopping after all.
Picture frames and artwork, several seating options (stools, benches, sofas), couple of lamps and light posts, my favourite grass texture, fountains, even the damn free pillow gift as well as Arctic Cave and City Catwalk Dome thingy as skyboxes. Found a nice looking bed builder kit on the Marketplace to replace the brass metal one used in a RP set, only one other to go.

Kitchen and garden furniture and trees was/is just the most pressing stuff.
Old 04-21-2014, 08:52 PM   #86 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

Quote:
manipulation in the sense that she headed the post stating she wanted to find some 'new to her' stores.

adding in a covert way of saying....it's to suddenly replace other stuff from a store that shall not be named...

I didn't open the thread to hear about her ban. I opened the thread thinking I would also find some cool shops.

that sort of manipulation.
So the maniuplation is because she didn't title the thread "Looking for alternatives to Trompe L'Oeil products?" Seriously?

This conversation kinda/sorta started in another thread. It would have been inappropriate to insert "hey, since I got banned does anyone know where I can find new stuff" into the other thread. So, she started a new thread.

Personally, I wouldn't have needed new stuff. Ban me, don't ban me. As long as there's nothing unethical, I want what I want. But I can also see being so disappointed in a brand that it sucks the happy out of your personal space to have their stuff all over. I went through something similar with Botanical a while back and though I've reconciled happily with the brand, if there had been any same quality alternatives I would have probably stopped using Botanical all together.

But there's nothing covert in the initial post. Although it's been annoying edited at this point making it impossible to demonstrate the original language, it did make it clear that she was looking for replacements because she was no longer welcome at a store. It didn't name the store, but from the moment you read the first post that information was front and center. Nothing covert. Passive aggressive? Yes. Covert, no.

Her only response when someone mentioned Tromp was still on-topic by that metric -- clarifying that was the store she was referring to in the initial post and was looking for suggestions other than that. If you were looking for hair stores other than Truth and people suggested Truth, you'd clarify.

So, at what point did this bait and switch that everyone is so upset about take place?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:13 PM   #87 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

America: Way Down, Big Trouble, Dead!

Most Appropriate  Forum Avatar 
Sal, I agree with a lot of what you said here but it's not like people are saying it's a conspiracy, nothing that dramatic. More like, it's clickbait. "Please help me find some cool new kitchen furniture" is leaving out half of the intent of the thread. Once you read the OP, you see this is also to remind everyone that she was banned. Or she wouldn't have bothered to add that, there was no need to explain why she wanted new kitchen stuff, at all.

She changed it anyway so the point is moot.
Io Zeno is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-21-2014, 09:16 PM   #88 (permalink)
I am the Script Police!

*SLU Supporter*

post_count++;

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 11/01/2005
Business: The Wastelands
Client: Official Newest
As I've stated earlier, it would have been way more tactful to just ask for new kitchen stuff, and leave the banned baggage at the door.
NeoBokrug Elytis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:40 PM   #89 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 03/17/2004
I don't know Lil, I have never ever "talked to her directly" and until today I don't think I have ever even interacted with her at all on forums, even in the original thread where she bragged on grabbing textures, I didn't directly talk to her. This isn't personal or about disliking her. Her little edit she added today makes it seem like we have some long standing personal grievance or something, which is a flat out lie (the only person that has that title is my long standing and the only worthy nemesis in SL, the formidable Prokofy Neva). I never knew she existed until a few weeks ago when she was so flippant and entitled.

I do not ban people I do not like, their money spends just as well as the people that I do like, in fact, I do not even know the difference!

I banned her for what she does and the fact she feels so grossly entitled to do so. I am completely baffled that she thought she could say that on a forum that content creators read and think that nothing was going to happen. Other people that bragged on doing the same thing (which honestly if they had any understanding of how SL works at all, their excuse for doing it does not hold up at all), were banned also (we don't want or need your business) and Lil has been the only person to constantly campaign and harass.

I'm even more baffled that someone like Sal who defend Gala like Gala was her favorite baby cousin is actually defending someone like Lil. And it is amusing to be called petty by someone that spent a whole paragraph once complaining about how designers in SL mislabel taupe and the tan family of colors (pssst colors look different on every monitor). How do you think skins and textures get out there? We all remember the Midnights snatching skins for "personal" use back in the day that some how ended up out in the wind because they were passing them around among themselves and friends. People claim it is just for personal use but once it gets out there, it is out there, and people can do anything with it. Anyone that claims differently is being intellectually dishonest, and has zero sense of SL history.
Eboni Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 09:56 PM   #90 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

So Eboni are you saying that anyone who agreed with Lil about grabbing textures to resize them is also banned on your sim?
Old 04-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #91 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

Also, there is a HUGE fucking difference between "personal use" and "passing it among your friends". It's disingenuous to imply that one follows the other or that people who rip a texture to resize it invariably "pass it around". I think we all know that doing that is little different from reselling something, stealing in other words. You are making a really unfair link, here.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 04-21-2014, 10:00 PM   #92 (permalink)

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 03/17/2004
I am saying the 2 other people that said they regularly rip textures, one of them has said it repeatedly in thread after thread are banned. If they want to message me about why ripping textures out your cache and re-uploading them won't make you SL faster and what will, they can. We don't want their business and they are not welcome on the region.
Eboni Khan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 10:05 PM   #93 (permalink)
Dancing In The Dark

*SLU Supporter*

Quote:
I am saying the 2 other people that said they regularly rip textures, one of them has said it repeatedly in thread after thread are banned. If they want to message me about why ripping textures out your cache and re-uploading them won't make you SL faster and what will, they can.
You said more than that. You implied that such ripping winds up with your textures on the grid because people pass them around among their friends and "how do you think they got out there"?

The people agreeing with her about this are not in any way defending doing such a thing nor is that how shit gets out there. People who rip a texture and pass it around are no better than thieves and lumping those who do it to reduce lag with such is what I object to.
Old 04-22-2014, 05:08 AM   #94 (permalink)
SUPER BANNED

*SLU Supporter*

Metropolis Ice Cream makes the best shakes

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2008

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
/me turns on her monitoring systems
Old 04-22-2014, 05:52 AM   #95 (permalink)
Intolerant of intolerance

*SLU Supporter*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: January 2007
Business: Vent du sud
Quote:
But there's nothing covert in the initial post.
This is a technicality, because that post was there to "set the scene".

Lots of fodder for enquiring minds and people with lots of knowledge about where to get what in SL (in this case H&G), meaning a very large number of people on SLU.

- I "decided to delete lots of stuff for, um, a reason"
(message given: there's something about it that ain't right, and message received: alarm bells like "Ah, a copybotte, better keep an eye on this thread")

- "Give me recommendations for good stuff"
(message given: I want names of good stuff to replace good stuff I deleted... and gosh wow, as you've mentioned it (predictably, as it is known *as* good stuff) BINGO "well actually no, that creator is the problem".

Chances of that name *not* coming up? Pretty low, I think.

If Lil had *really* only wanted recommendations, then when the famous Trompe l'Oeil reference came up there was no need to seize the opportunity to identify it as the cause of her mass deletion spree but just to hit the "thanks" button.

Can you honestly not see the clickbait part, Sal? Really?

Ariadne Korda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:09 AM   #96 (permalink)
Queen of Innuendo

SL Join Date: June 2nd, 2007
Business: Kanon Shapes
I don't know the first thing about this situation, but I do know that I am highly amused by Sal in this case saying that of course someone shouldn't have to contact a creator if they've been banned to ask why. That wasn't the tune she took about Gala's random bans.

-"Baldrick, have you no idea what irony is?"
-"Yeah! It's like goldy and bronzy, only it's made of iron."
Blackadder III, Amy and Amiability

Freyja Nemeth is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
Old 04-22-2014, 07:34 AM   #97 (permalink)
All I want for XMas...

...is my miss-ing limbs!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 24, 2006
Client: Frestorm, Singularity, Official

Am I banned from there yet?

I wanna be onna list too.

"Privatize" Windows10: Clara's Techstuff

Support SLU with stuff for your RL: https://society6.com/sluniverse

Squirrel!

Hakuna Potato
Beezle Warburton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 07:36 AM   #98 (permalink)
Extreme Lurker XXL

*ra...*... ahem?

Yeah, I got the message about attempted fishing for sympathy and all the first time it was pointed out ... except that I don't really care for any sympathy, but whatever... I'm afraid though that I can't really make up for it in the aftermath. Or what would you like?

Quote:
I went through something similar with Botanical a while back and though I've reconciled happily with the brand, if there had been any same quality alternatives I would have probably stopped using Botanical all together.
Aww bloody hell, what's the matter with Botanical now?

Quote:
Although it's been annoying edited at this point making it impossible to demonstrate the original language
I've marked the edited part as such ... it's the quote box to make it stand out to casual skimmers and it's the store name in the title. Everything else remained untouched. No need to cheat.

Quote:
I don't know Lil, I have never ever "talked to her directly" and until today I don't think I have ever even interacted with her at all on forums
Hey, that's something we can agree on!

Quote:
even in the original thread where she bragged on grabbing textures
Aww, you're almost cute... but I take it that we've settled for a GLIntercept reason now.

Just out of curiosity, did you ban my m-alts by now? As a kind of manual estate hardware ban?

Quote:
Her little edit she added today makes it seem like we have some long standing personal grievance or something, which is a flat out lie
According to your own post, some sort of grievance existed for quite some weeks on your side and I've had you on ignore for much longer ... not so much a lie...

Quote:
(which honestly if they had any understanding of how SL works at all, their excuse for doing it does not hold up at all)
Oh, please, do share your wisdom to take the blind into the light.

Quote:
Lil has been the only person to constantly campaign and harass.
... constantly, hmhm ... campaign, hmmmhmm ...

Oh, and by the way, so your partner did lie or at least wanted to avoid being direct in saying it must have been your decision and you didn't let her know about your reasons. You wrote "we don't want..." after all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Io Zeno View Post
People who rip a texture and pass it around are no better than thieves...
Why "no better"? They are classic thieves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freyja Nemeth View Post
I don't know the first thing about this situation, but I do know that I am highly amused by Sal in this case saying that of course someone shouldn't have to contact a creator if they've been banned to ask why.
I'm sorry, that's probably not quite what has been said. The situation here is that we have a sim shared by two mainstores, one with furniture and one with clothing, the estate is owned by the furniture merchant ... frankly, I forgot if the sim is owned by a shared group or by a single avatar... and the only business relation was between the furniture merchant and the ex-customer. Ex-customer concluded to address the merchant she did purchase from, not the one she never dealt with before. Furniture merchant says it must have been the other merchant and she couldn't help it. Now if the furniture merchant already doesn't care and you are well aware that arguing with the other one is nothing but a waste of time, why bother wasting that time at all?
Plus, the whole sim is set up as literally one big parcel, so you practically only have estate bans and no store-wide bans for a single one of the mainstores.

I think your example had slightly different options.
Old 04-22-2014, 08:32 AM   #99 (permalink)
Tenacious Twat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariadne Korda View Post
Can you honestly not see the clickbait part, Sal? Really?
Honestly? No. I see someone who legitimately wants to get new stuff who is also being passive aggressive and pouty. I can wholeheartedly agree with NeoBokrug that it wasn't tactful. I do not see that anyone was "tricked." And, from what I can tell the whole basis of that supposedly took place between the title and the OP. And I don't see how that two second lapse accounts for jumping all over her. Has Lil really said anything untrue? She was banned and got the "I'm not the bad guy" routine from Cory and then took to a message board and her social networking to pout which is now trying to be packaged and sold as stalking, manipulation, stealing, etc.

I think it's clear Lil was processing at the same time as posting. Never a good idea, but, again, hardly the only one on this board that does that. I don't see she was click-ninja. I think she was just frustrated / angry / insert emotion here. Tactless and emotional, yes. Trolling for sympathy, yes. Deceitful? No, sorry. I don't see it. Honestly. And I don't see the merit in defending Cory and Eboni's behavior while laying all the blame for their actions at Lil's feet.

I could understand a few light slaps on the wrist, but no one here thinks the what's being thrown at her has been escalated way out of proportion? Honestly?

Look, this was a power trip. "Make her come crawling to me if she wants back in." If you really thought someone was a thief and a threat to your business enough to ban them (and if you really didn't want their business), would you really be ready to unban them that same day if they just came to talk to you to kiss your ring?

This kind of power trip is all too common these days. It happens to bloggers all the time. As Eboni points out, most people just go slinking off or take the high road. Well, some of them don't. Some of them are going to react emotionally to being treated that way. Instead of accepting that's part of drawing a hard line, there's this pointed attempt to paint Lil as a liar, stalker, thief. That's a huge over-reaction and when I see which side is being manipulative and deceitful, it's clear. Even now - the justification of comparing what happened to Gala with this situation? Yeah, that's a legitimate narrative. There's tact.

Why is there the expectation for Lil, the consumer, to suck it up in silence and be tactful, but the merchants with the power in the situation get a pass on making accusations and being half-honest with a customer?

No, I'm not championing the way Lil handled this, but her actions are not what they're being characterized as. And, like I said, if you're going to hand her the stick, you have to hand out the others, too.
1 User Agreed:
Old 04-22-2014, 09:01 AM   #100 (permalink)
♂♂

*SLU Supporter*

*Poof!*

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 25th May 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamez 001 View Post
Hello i am here i just want to say you here that i am professional in gardening and i am doing this business from many years actually i like gardening and this is also my hobby to do this business i deals in all gardening equipment and have the best quality of gardening and all the accessories
awww a spambot with no links! How successful are you?
OrinB is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:

Tags
garden , home deco , kitchen , shopping trip