Menu Driven Poseball Positioning - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Development Discussion and Support > Content Creation » Menu Driven Poseball Positioning

Content Creation Discuss building, scripting, and other forms of content creation for SL.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-11-2008, 03:03 AM   #1 (permalink)

Menu Driven Poseball Positioning

First off I know it is possible, and I know how to make a menu; the wiki has taught me that much. But I have never figured out how to make a script to jump from one poseball to another or to enter a poseball position from standing via menu; not to mention combined a menu and jumping poseballs.

Anyone got an idea of how its done? Example: as I am doing it. I have 5 poseballs each one doing a different pose in a different position/rotation and, instead of making people click on the poseball each time or stand up and click a new one each time (which can be annoying if camera angles are hard to get) it would be best, imo, to have a menu that they click anywhere on the 'overall object' (hub) and pick one of the five balls to pose on and clicking on the hub while posed will bring up the menu again to change poseball.

Any help would be appriciated as I try to work this code together on my own.

(And sorry if I'm asking to many questions so soon, I've built up a fair few projects that I need scripted and only just found this forum)
Lylani Bellic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:14 AM   #2 (permalink)
Seize the day

by the throat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/30/2007
I would suggest getting an MLP(Multi-Love Pose) script somewhere inworld and modifying it to your needs. It initially has support for 2 poseballs, but I have seen some with 7 poseballs rezzed at once.

.. Keep Going.
Tati is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 07-11-2008, 06:26 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Meanie

*SLU Supporter*

Head of the SLU Troll Tax Administration

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2006
Client: Firestorm
The MLP does exactly what you describe -- it will rezz one set of pose balls (or more than 2) and let you change the animation pose using a HUD interface.

To set it up, you will need to drop the animations into the MLP object (simple box or a flat mat) and then change various settings and menu notecards. It can take awhile to get everything working but it's a very nifty approach to any set of animations.

"Didn't you know that only a fashion blog could create this much chaos? They are the Large Hadron Colliders of SL drama." -- Arilynn

Beebo Brink is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 07-11-2008, 04:15 PM   #4 (permalink)

Thanks guys, I'll look into that.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylani Bellic View Post
I have 5 poseballs each one doing a different pose in a different position/rotation and, instead of making people click on the poseball each time or stand up and click a new one each time (which can be annoying if camera angles are hard to get) it would be best, imo, to have a menu that they click anywhere on the 'overall object' (hub) and pick one of the five balls to pose on and clicking on the hub while posed will bring up the menu again to change poseball.
Afraid it's not possible to use script to make the AV sit on a prim. So you can't make them sit on different poseball. The work-around for it is a script which toggles between different animations for the person that stays on the same poseball otherwise, but if these poses require different offsets and/or rotations it can get more complicated.
Joannah Cramer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:35 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hmm, dang. I'd wanted it to be available to multiple people at the same time. Poseballs just seem to bug out all the time when they're linked to objects, seems I have to sit and stand up multiple times just to get them to do the pose right.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Banned
Loved by printesa

My Mood:
SL Join Date: September 23, 2003
Business: N&B Exports

Awards: 1
Thread Title of the Week 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lylani Bellic View Post
Hmm, dang. I'd wanted it to be available to multiple people at the same time. Poseballs just seem to bug out all the time when they're linked to objects, seems I have to sit and stand up multiple times just to get them to do the pose right.
Furniture-Foo™ does exactly what you are requesting, including allowing you to adjust the animation/pose via menu driven controls as well as remember last pose, adjusted position and storage of a separate default position for all loaded animations/poses.
Briana Dawson is offline   Reply With Quote