Viewer-Managed Marketplace Released: Migration Begins July 23, 2015 - Page 2 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Blog Feed » Viewer-Managed Marketplace Released: Migration Begins July 23, 2015

Blog Feed Posts from the SL blog.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-21-2015, 01:12 AM   #26 (permalink)
Monster Under the Bed

Professional Lurker

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 02/25/2007
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
This process isn't as much of a pain in the ass as I was expecting it to be. I had a couple of setbacks, and it has taken up all of my time this week. For the most part, I have been copying and pasting ID numbers to associate listings, but occasionally I get the errors about a missing version sub-folder that's not automatically created when you have dozens of items in one item folder. The first couple of errors, I accidently deleted the complete listing (entire listing do-overs, what joy) twice. I deleted the entire listings by deleting an item folder, after associating it with a listing. Now I check for a sub-folder with lines and the same name as the top folder, after each item copy over to the marketplace listings window. If there is none, I copy the item folder from my inventory, and paste it as a sub-folder into the item folder already present in the marketplace listings window. I then delete the extra content outside of the sub-folder.

I have plenty of unassociated direct delivery versions of the same items I just associated with VM. I am not comfortable with deleting them yet, thinking that something will fuck up before the migration is over, and I will regret it. It's really frustrating having to go through another listing/delivery change, and still be stuck with the same website, and the same hideous, poorly organized, slow listing management software that sucked when it was launched 5 years ago.
Dusky Jewell is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 07-21-2015, 04:19 AM   #27 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

Goth when goth was. Also, socially unacceptable.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 13, 2008
Business: Beautiful Freak/Club Gothika/House of Rain/Pale Empress/Cursed Events
Client: Firestorm.
Send a message via AIM to bronxelf Send a message via MSN to bronxelf Send a message via Yahoo to bronxelf Send a message via Skype™ to bronxelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusky Jewell View Post
It's really frustrating having to go through another listing/delivery change, and still be stuck with the same website, and the same hideous, poorly organized, slow listing management software that sucked when it was launched 5 years ago.
And be forced to adopt a huge change that no one actually asked for or particularly even wanted. But meanwhile we can't get a fucking tickybox for associated items and batch edits on distros.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:45 AM   #28 (permalink)

competently inane

My Mood:
Business: Tam's Trousseau
I, and several others, have discovered a bug with moving contents from inventory to the VMM folder. If you have subfolders in your product folder, then they are moved out of the product folder and listed as version folders. https://jira.secondlife.com/browse/VMM-95?

I have been assured that this doesn't occur during the migration process but only happens when you are creating new product using the LL browser.
Tamarsk is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 07-21-2015, 08:49 AM   #29 (permalink)
adorabilis!

*SLU Supporter*

plurk this

My Mood:

Awards: 1
Special Achievement In Hello Kitty Trolling 
I hope so. I "sell" for 0L a folder setup for RLV and it's integral that they stay put.
AvaAdore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #30 (permalink)

competently inane

My Mood:
Business: Tam's Trousseau
Well, my bug report was closed as 'expected behavior'

Quote:
Brooke Linden commented on VMM-95:
----------------------------------

This was a deliberate decision to better support moving folder hierarchies with several versions in them to VMM. The options were:
* See subfolders as version folders
* See subfolders as child elements of the parent folder

The way to avoid this is to create a top level folder in Marketplace listings first, then drag your folder with subfolders into that folder. This is primarily a manual migration scenario. Automated migration does not have this problem.

Once the migration is complete, if this is a common scenario, we will revisit this feature request. Closing now as expected behavior.
Tamarsk is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 08-23-2015, 09:27 PM   #31 (permalink)

SL Join Date: 7.20.2012
Client: Firestorm mostly; occasional Singularity or even the LL viewer.
Angry The LL VMM viewer SUCKS HARD

We've been forced to use the jakey piece of crap LL VMM *BETA*, I might add, viewer for more than a VERY LONG MONTH now and it sucks now no less than it did the moment good ole LL crammed it down merchant's throats.

ALL other viewers are exponentially superior to the viewer created by the company who invented Second Life.

-V in V for Vendetta
VictoriaJuliette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 10:02 PM   #32 (permalink)
GAF

*SLU Supporter*

Goth when goth was. Also, socially unacceptable.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 13, 2008
Business: Beautiful Freak/Club Gothika/House of Rain/Pale Empress/Cursed Events
Client: Firestorm.
Send a message via AIM to bronxelf Send a message via MSN to bronxelf Send a message via Yahoo to bronxelf Send a message via Skype™ to bronxelf
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictoriaJuliette View Post

We've been forced to use the jakey piece of crap LL VMM *BETA*, I might add, viewer for more than a VERY LONG MONTH now and it sucks now no less than it did the moment good ole LL crammed it down merchant's throats.

ALL other viewers are exponentially superior to the viewer created by the company who invented Second Life.

Several TPVs have VMM now.

Old 08-23-2015, 10:43 PM   #33 (permalink)

SL Join Date: 7.20.2012
Client: Firestorm mostly; occasional Singularity or even the LL viewer.
And yet, this fact remains:

-V in V for Vendetta
VictoriaJuliette is offline   Reply With Quote