New TPV policy changes - Page 55 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Alternative SL Clients » New TPV policy changes

Alternative SL Clients Discuss third party SL clients here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2012, 12:11 PM   #1351 (permalink)
Friend of Forman

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 12/14/2004
Send a message via Yahoo to Jack Belvedere
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladyblue View Post
Not as bizarre as you bringing up your intimate relationship with him to attempt to prove you have a superior amount of knowledge about viewers.

You and Jack didn't call the waambulance when you tried to pull that stunt.
Wasn't it you that brought it up?
Jack Belvedere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #1352 (permalink)
Punching bag developer

busy coding

My Mood:
Client: Firestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhandra View Post
All I can really say is that while one thread built up my thoughts that one viewer might not be so bad, this one trashed it and then encouraged me to delete another from my computer. There is no off duty. If you're a face for a public entity (a team, a product, a corporation), you're always a face for an entity by association. You can always try to claim you're on your own time and you're entitled to say what you want -- which is generally true -- but it will still reflect negatively on the whole.
If you're shallow enough not to be able to separate my opinions from those fo the project, then I can't help you, and I'm not going to pander to you or Joshua or Elysium or anyone else. I am who and what I am, with my own opinions, and if you have a problem with that, it's your problem, not mine.
Tonya Souther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #1353 (permalink)
Elysium Hynes is Typing..

My animal spirit is the lolcat

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/7/2007
Client: V3
Send a message via Skype™ to Elysium Hynes
Quote:
Not as bizarre as you bringing up your intimate relationship with him to attempt to prove you have a superior amount of knowledge about viewers.

You and Jack didn't call the waambulance when you tried to pull that stunt.
Joshua had a valid reason to bring up his relantionship, you do not, and are doing it in a very improper way Lias.

Elysium Hynes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:13 PM   #1354 (permalink)
Friend of Forman

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonya Souther View Post
If you're shallow enough not to be able to separate my opinions from those fo the project, then I can't help you, and I'm not going to pander to you or Joshua or Elysium or anyone else. I am who and what I am, with my own opinions, and if you have a problem with that, it's your problem, not mine.
What about me, can you pander to me? I'm bored. I'll give you pancakes.
3 Users Laughed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:15 PM   #1355 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*

Unedited

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Belvedere View Post
I'd insert a reference to penises but it's 2 am now and I don't want to be kept up by more of Latif's whining.
Joshua Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:16 PM   #1356 (permalink)
Punching bag developer

busy coding

My Mood:
Quote:
With maple surple?
Tonya Souther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #1357 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Again Tonya you don´t have to pander to anyone, but take a step back and read your posts and see how they sound to the users of your viewer, when you say in here what i put in bold.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:17 PM   #1358 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
SL Join Date: February 2005
Send a message via MSN to bladyblue Send a message via Yahoo to bladyblue Send a message via Skype™ to bladyblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium Hynes View Post
It leaves me amazed how people believe their professional beahviour goes into the trash when they speak in public spaces and it should not reflect on them, if not they should be more careful because they do not have the control like they do in their forums/blogs.
That sentiment applies to you also. Why you feel that you should post and post to flame a TPV developer over some personal butthurt I can't figure out.

This thread was about TPVs and Linden Lab's new rules. You and Josh are frothing at the mouth to make it about Jessica and use it to call her unethical. She posted just to counter the attack. Give it a rest.
bladyblue is offline   Reply With Quote
3 Users Agreed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:18 PM   #1359 (permalink)
slurker

AFK for Revolution

My Mood:
Client: Cool VL Viewer
Which way to the discussion of TPV policy changes, please?

Anyone?

Leah Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #1360 (permalink)

Hello,
I been lurking in the corners for some time here. Reading this thread has made me want to post.

I remember all the issues back in the day with "Emerald Gate" and the other issues with it.
I never used a 3rd party viewer during those times. I was strictly a linden lab viewer user.
I was shocked at the hidden code in the viewer used to attack a website. I sat shaking my head going this is why I don’t use a 3rd party viewer. Then Linden Lab puts out V2 and V3 viewers. I jumped right to these viewers took about a week to get use to the feel of them. It was a learning curve. Things just still didn't feel right in the layout for me. Second Life being more a social network than a video game for me the communications devices were not well thought out in my opinion they ruined some of the chat features and layouts I enjoyed.
Then along comes Firestorm. I refused to use it for sometime because of what had happened in the past with Emerald. One day the SL viewer was being rather annoying on both my computers. So I downloaded Firestorm. I fell in love with it.
They thought about what people use SL for and how they use it. They designed it to be customized for each user taste. This is what the SL viewer lacks no way to really customize the viewer for social people, builders, scripters, roleplayers and on.
Online privacy in SL is such a joke and lets be honest you all know it.
If you want to find out if someone is online join a group they are in and you can view the group to see when they last logged in and if they are online now. So it is built into sl to display true online. So a viewer makes it easier to find this out. It can be done many other ways and perfectly fine since it is in sl's coding.

I am a Firestorm supporter now regardless of the past and their opinions in this or any other forum. I mean Steve Jobs was a regular jerk and womanizer back in the day. But I love my Iphone and Mac.
If I hear people are having issues with SL viewer I suggest they try firestorm.
Thorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:19 PM   #1361 (permalink)
Singularitan

Client: Singularity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica lyon View Post
And back in emerald when it was created it wasn't that we didn't care about privacy, though some of the devs didn't. It was more that it hadn't occurred to us or at least me at the time that it was circumventing a privacy setting. I was seeing it as saving regions a lot of script time from huds which did online lookups every 10 seconds for dozens of avatars at a time where as the method in the viewer does just one look up, only when a profile is opened. I hadn't looked at the broader picture.
More efficient at violating privacy than privacy violating HUDs? What a wonderful accomplishment -.-
Siana Gearz is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Groaned:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:20 PM   #1362 (permalink)
Resident Sweetie

Sweeter than sweets

My Mood:
Client: Firestorm, Cool VL viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misty Harley View Post
With that said, for those who do like the V1 UI...and if phoenix has mesh for those that can use it to see it (and I understand some can't and use the V1 for other reasons/older system, etc), what would be the benefit to upgrading to the V3 style UI's?
1. Knowing that you are prepared for the future of viewer development and upcoming features.

2. The feeling of pride at having mastered the switch from V1.

3. Multiple tattoos and alphas, (which as of currently are only implemented in Cool VL viewer).

Dolly is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Agreed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:21 PM   #1363 (permalink)
Radegast

SL Join Date: 10/24/2006
Quote:
It leaves me amazed how people believe their professional beahviour goes into the trash when they speak in public spaces and it should not reflect on them, if not they should be more careful because they do not have the control like they do in their forums/blogs.
I thought there would be Tonya's quote in your response so I missed it when you referred to it. Sorry about that.

As I said, I very rarely watch SLU, I only setup a watch to alert me if something TPV related comes up. The last time policy was changing I had a lot of panicked users trying to contact me worried about if they'll continue to be able to access SL.

Admittedly, I'm not the most tactful and polite debater. I call it as I see it. This doesn't not always serve me well I'm afraid.

But it irritates me to no end, that for all the time and effort some of the developers invest in giving other people more choice, improving their level of satisfaction, most of the time all you get on this forum is fly-by-troll calling you "moron", "idiot". Better people than me would just not respond, because that's the correct thing to do with trolls. I've come to this thread with the recording of the meeting, I try to post factual information about the usage of viewers, and provide other useful information. Perhaps I should stop trying to dispel misinformation in the future.
Latif Khalifa is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:22 PM   #1364 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Send a message via MSN to bladyblue Send a message via Yahoo to bladyblue Send a message via Skype™ to bladyblue
Quote:
Wasn't it you that brought it up?
Um, no. But good try. That's too far off-topic even for me.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:23 PM   #1365 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Siana Gearz View Post
More efficient at violating privacy than privacy violating HUDs? What a wonderful accomplishment -.-
Yes it is worrying. these kind of statments, prepare yourself for tonya to call you a hater.
2 Users Agreed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:24 PM   #1366 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

penguins rule!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/30/2011
Business: Heavenly Estates
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua Nightshade View Post
Meanwhile she was there when a scriptkiddie was fucking around with users' computers and didn't feel it enough of an issue to leave until LL got involved. She saw an opportunity to take control and went for it. Woohoo?
You speak like this is a bad thing?
Maggie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 12:25 PM   #1367 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorn View Post

I am a Firestorm supporter now regardless of the past and their opinions in this or any other forum. I mean Steve Jobs was a regular jerk and womanizer back in the day. But I love my Iphone and Mac.
If I hear people are having issues with SL viewer I suggest they try firestorm.
OK, thanks Rodvik.
Old 03-01-2012, 12:27 PM   #1368 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latif Khalifa View Post
....most of the time all you get on this forum is fly-by-troll calling you "moron", "idiot". Better people than me would just not respond, because that's the correct thing to do with trolls. I've come to this thread with the recording of the meeting, I try to post factual information about the usage of viewers, and provide other useful information. Perhaps I should stop trying to dispel misinformation in the future.
God you where doing so well at the start. Do you realize you just insulted the place you are posting on?
1 User Disagreed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #1369 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via Skype™ to Inhandra
Quote:
I don't think the word shallow is used properly in this context. I don't need pandering, but I do expect some level of professionalism. Considering how abrasive you are, even in support settings, my opinion still stands.
Inhandra is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #1370 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*

Unedited

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2004
Yeah, fly-by. That's me. My post count is so low because I'm a throwaway account.
Joshua Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #1371 (permalink)
Friend of Forman

My Mood:
Quote:
With maple surple?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolly View Post
1. Knowing that you are prepared for the future of viewer development and upcoming features.

2. The feeling of pride at having mastered the switch from V1.
Feeling of pride, lol. Don't make me take off my self-imposed crown as SLU's probable biggest nerd!
Old 03-01-2012, 12:28 PM   #1372 (permalink)
The Purple

HEYOO!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 20. January 2007
Client: NaCl
You all suck. I demanded lolcats a few posts back and you still haven't delivered. What happened to the SLU I knew? D:
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Agreed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #1373 (permalink)
And you know that

Play the game

My Mood:
Quote:
Joshua had a valid reason to bring up his relantionship, you do not, and are doing it in a very improper way Lias.
No he did not. Posting that he is 'fucking' someone is not a valid argument in a discussion about TPVs.

But do keep trying to justify it.
1 User Laughed:
1 User Likes This:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #1374 (permalink)
Singularitan

Client: Singularity
Quote:
See this kind of wording is misleading, if she comits mistakes yes she has to be held responsible for them, mob-lynching? people are not mob-lynched when they are not at fault. Will people apply higher scrutiny, you bet they will, do they have a reason for it? Yes they do, like Jessica said she has to deal with the past of her viewers, and with her own past, it was her choice, the thing you don´t seem to realize is, there is no comparable project, no other viewer carries this amount of history, the scrutiny she has to go tru now has a reason for it, it didn´t just came out of the blue.
Are you suggesting that a developer or executive of any other viewer carries less responsibility than Phoenix? This would be SO wrong. ALL of us carry responsibility not only for our users, but for the well-being of the grid as a whole, because frankly, we CAN screw up things, big time. Given a big enough bug or large enough malice or stupidity, even a viewer used by just 0.1% could put a grid into non-working condition or damage the reputation of all TPVs. For example, if Emerald scandal ever happened again, it would be The End, whether anyone from Emerald team is involved again or not.
Siana Gearz is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Disagreed:
Old 03-01-2012, 12:29 PM   #1375 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
That sentiment applies to you also. Why you feel that you should post and post to flame a TPV developer over some personal butthurt I can't figure out.

This thread was about TPVs and Linden Lab's new rules. You and Josh are frothing at the mouth to make it about Jessica and use it to call her unethical. She posted just to counter the attack. Give it a rest.
Lias may i ask you what viewer do you think i belong too? and how have i flammed anyone? And how am I frothing in anyway? I´ve been polite, and respectful to everyone in here.
1 User Hugged You: