Nirans Viewer (fixed) - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Alternative SL Clients » Nirans Viewer (fixed)

Alternative SL Clients Discuss third party SL clients here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2011, 01:12 PM   #51 (permalink)
Weirdo in a Weird Land

Does this viewer support FXAA (ala Exodus)? I wasn't sure when I tried it, but had seen an earlier reference to it being enabled. AA off with full shaders was clearly not aliased, whereas when I tried to put on AA (on the off-chance that the FXAA effect had been implemented that way) the screen just went a solid white color.

I do like the updating of the skin colors from that flat black, though, and I'll cross my fingers that something like the Silver skin will show up down the road!
Old 11-02-2011, 01:16 PM   #52 (permalink)
(adeon.writer)

Glass skin pleeeease
Adeon Writer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #53 (permalink)

watching

SL Join Date: 27/10/2010
Client: Nirans, V3 Dev-built & Dolphin 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeon Writer View Post
Glass skin pleeeease
Doesn't have to be Glass, but a colorchange for the Skin would be the icing on the cake for me .
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 01:56 PM   #54 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 6th Jan. 2007
Client: Black Dragon
Send a message via MSN to NiranV Dean Send a message via Skype™ to NiranV Dean
well the grainy SSAO (ambient occlusion) is normal , its SLs render pipeline , if you look at the Wikipdia pics which show completly white scenes , it applies there too , extremly grainy , thats normal , but you can set SSAO down if you want , but it will take very much of the awesome look Deferred can do , so i guess you should just set it down a bit with the sliders , or you could set the factor in Debug Settings , RenderSSAOFactor if i remember right , it must be 3 values , and i changed the first one from 0.8 to 0.4 which makes SSAO way stronger, setting that back to 0.8 will give back the old less grainy and smoother look of SSAO but will also turn down its strenght

@Romana , idk what i did you archieve this , because i didnt tweak anything at all in that section , technically i dropped Performance by making some effects stronger than before , so im very confused about this @.@

@Ran , yes it does , FXAA only works with Deferred enabled and should not consume any FPS at all , it also only works up to 2x which is maximum (LL made that) to prevent this white screens you encountered , white screens usually tell you , that you or the viewer is running out of memory , meaning your RAM is running low , or the Viewer is not compiled in Large Adress Aware which enables Memory usage over 1,25GB
i compiled the Viewer with LAA so it can use theoretically unlimited GBs of RAM , but practically it wont , it will crash at 3,5 GB usage (which was only possible for me to archieve by going to Ahern with 1024m Render Range and letting EVERYTHING rez , every SIM around , then going to another few SIMs and letting them all rez aswell ... often switching of graphics during one session can probably cause white screen too , if those settings you are changing all the time are Shadow Quality (Resolution) or FXAA

to prevent running out of Memory you could either get more RAM (which would be the money way) or if you already got much RAM you can try to set the Memory Project Pool higher than the default 512/1024mb or completly disable it (i heard rumors that the Memory Project supports only 1,6GB Texture memory in Windows.... which would be not enough

@Skins , well i will reimplement a Skin selector in future so i can add my other Skins and allow people to make their own and select them easier without breaking stuff in the default one
A glass one....well i dont think that i will do a glass one ...maybe...maybe not i first wanted to do a futuristic one in green and then finish my other 3 skins
I also want to do a way of ultimate customisation by adding a colors menu in which you can set all colors of the whole viewer and "recolor" the UI , by doing a blank grey skin which will then be colored with this menu if that really works how it is intended

anyway i hope you enjoy it , im doing it just for you (the community)

Putting the Viewer into an infinite texture preloading loop since 07.

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 11-02-2011 at 02:12 PM.
NiranV Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 11-02-2011, 02:31 PM   #55 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: May 2006
Client: UKanDo
Send a message via Skype™ to Inhandra
The only thing giving me any sort of irritation is the fact that I cannot disable media from auto-playing but still have it enabled.

ETA:
And the sudden lack of a an x (close button) on the camera floater.
Also, Niran, I notice that there's another feature from KV that isn't in it; distance in meters on Nearby people panel.

Last edited by Inhandra; 11-02-2011 at 03:00 PM.
Inhandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:33 PM   #56 (permalink)
Weirdo in a Weird Land

Thanks, Niran! Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get anything but a white screen with 2x AA and deferred on, even when there's plenty of free memory. Don't have this particular problem with Exodus, but maybe they've implemented FXAA separately from how LL's done it?
Ran Garrigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 02:40 PM   #57 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ran Garrigus View Post
Thanks, Niran! Unfortunately, I just can't seem to get anything but a white screen with 2x AA and deferred on, even when there's plenty of free memory. Don't have this particular problem with Exodus, but maybe they've implemented FXAA separately from how LL's done it?
They have, supposedly. I don't know much about it, buuuttt, here's a quote from their own website....
"We've fixed that with our own "Fast approXimate Anti-Aliasing" shaders. It runs faster than real anti-aliasing!"

I assume this to mean they invented their own version of AA.
Old 11-02-2011, 02:46 PM   #58 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

Stating for the record that I am so very happy there's a TPV out now that not only is based on 3.2, but also is including shining-fixes. Not crashing is win.
1 User Agreed:
Old 11-02-2011, 03:33 PM   #59 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
for me FXAA works perfectly , im sorry for you that it doesnt work for you maybe the future updates of Dave will fix this
Old 11-02-2011, 04:18 PM   #60 (permalink)
Weirdo in a Weird Land

Thanks again, Niran. I will fiddle around with it a bit more to try and see if there's some condition where it doesn't white out the screen on me. FXAA on Exodus is quite awesome, from the perspective of someone who enjoys SL photography, but I'm rather liking the 3.2 UI and the tweaks you've done.
Ran Garrigus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 05:38 PM   #61 (permalink)
(adeon.writer)

Hey NiranV! Using 3.2.2 (8).

FPS is great! This is awesome
I have a few requests..

I don't use the favorites bar. Could there be a way to close it but still keep everything else? Right now it's all-or-nothing.

Everything else is awesome. I love the graphics panel re-do. Much better without text fields.

Oh and you seem to have SH-1427

Last edited by Adeon Writer; 11-02-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Adeon Writer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 08:39 PM   #62 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
EDIT: SH-1427 Fix has been merged , will be in next release

to the favbar ...well navbar and favbar are combined with statusbar , taking out the favbar as option will leave the upper texture as it is and just make the favbar hidden , which would give you just a broken look nothing more , to archieve a hidable favbar i would have to redo the topbar again so everything will align somehow when hiding the favbar... will take a look on that in the future , i will relax a few days for now

theres still so much to do... the UI itself looks like a never ending update chain , it will never finish

Edit: btw the graphics panel redo is a whole big hack xD , its filled with tricks and hacks , the whole thing consists of 3 buttons , a ( , a ) and a > button , they are layered on top or under each other to create this | effect xD very effective if you are too lazy to make a fourth button , also cool to know that already some people like it i might do such redos with more things

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 11-02-2011 at 09:29 PM.
Old 11-02-2011, 09:08 PM   #63 (permalink)
Last of the True Slavers

Prowling...

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 8th 2009
Client: Niran's Viewer
"...or you could set the factor in Debug Settings , RenderSSAOFactor if i remember right , it must be 3 values , and i changed the first one from 0.8 to 0.4 which makes SSAO way stronger, setting that back to 0.8 will give back the old less grainy and smoother look of SSAO but will also turn down its strength."

For the record, this worked. Thanx. It took a little more playing around with the SSAO options (both in the panel and in the Debug settings, but with enough tweaking, the graininess is gone, and I'm happily in a better place.

As for the rest, everything else is running perfectly. There's an increase (just on the edge of noticability) in framerate, and thus far the viewer hasn't crashed on me, so again I say, thank you Niran.
LiannaGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 10:20 PM   #64 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
Old 11-03-2011, 11:24 AM   #65 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

An amusing bug for you! If you log in and minimize while things load, when you flip back to the viewer window, the start screen remains superimposed over the world view. xD
Old 11-03-2011, 01:08 PM   #66 (permalink)
In Significance

45% Mesh Resistant

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/14/2009
Client: Firestorm, occasionally Singularity
Took the latest Beta3 for a spin. All in all, a very solid and stable viewer that gives me very good frame rates for a slightly dated card (8800 GTX, 25-27 FPS with most of the shinies on high to very high).

There's only a couple of minor things I'd like to see addressed, if they can be:

I absolutely love that the buttons can be moved around to the different sides of the screen (or removed entirely). However, there's a space at the top just below the Favorites Bar that windows cannot be dragged into...

...whereas the other three sides do not have this problem.

I'm still on one of those archaic 16:9 monitors, so I need all the extra screen real estate I can get.

The people window:
  • Would it be possible to include distances as Inhandra suggested?
  • Would it also be possible to include an option to show user names as well as display names?
  • Most importantly, would it be possible to be able to shrink the People window more than is currently allowed? This is the current minimum:

Again, more screen real estate here would be appreciated.

Chat windows:
  • Would it be possible to be able to dock IMs with chat, with or without the classic IM tabs?
  • Would it be possible to add the option to block group chat through either 'Receive Group Notices' or even a separate button?
And a final question: why are some of the Preference options grayed out no matter how much I fiddle with different settings? Have these not been added in yet as functioning toggles (don't have a screenshot for this, almost every Preference tab has several)?

As I said though, a very solid viewer that I'm impressed with. If the above issues could be addressed, I'd go so far as to say that this is the viewer I'd use as my primary V3 viewer. There's plenty of other features I'd like to see from other TPVs, but those are mostly kerfluffle that I can live without in the long run.
Old 11-03-2011, 05:03 PM   #67 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
lots of things lets start at
"However, there's a space at the top just below the Favorites Bar that windows cannot be dragged into..."
Yes , i know , thats because of the toolbars , normally the others sides would have the same , i already hacked them down so you can go over those restrictions , top will follow in future

Then

"Would it be possible to include distances as Inhandra suggested?"
yes , will follow in future
"Would it also be possible to include an option to show user names as well as display names?"
maybe
"Most importantly, would it be possible to be able to shrink the People window more than is currently allowed?"
it is already possible , what you show in your pic is definetly NOT the minimum , i will additionally allow them to be even smaller...in future like everything
see:

this is the minimum for ALL Sidetray panels (which were the sidebar before)

and
"Would it be possible to be able to dock IMs with chat, with or without the classic IM tabs?"
no , i think ive said that before also chat is still as floater which i also dont want at all , i want it back in the bottom , but this will also be in future ...someday, will first wait what LL will do with it
"Would it be possible to add the option to block group chat through either 'Receive Group Notices' or even a separate button?"
See IM Settings (click on Chat Tab , then the big grey bar labeled Chat Settings and then on IM Settings , you can disable IM or Group popups there)

Your final question:
"And a final question: why are some of the Preference options grayed out no matter how much I fiddle with different settings? Have these not been added in yet as functioning toggles (don't have a screenshot for this, almost every Preference tab has several)?"
they are not implmented or are not functional or will not be functional , meaning they are pending but most will be reimplemented

EDIT: oh and Beta3.. hehe it was a little beta test fix for SH-1427 thing Adeon mentioned it should be fixed in Beta 3 Test

have a nice day

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 11-03-2011 at 06:59 PM.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 11-03-2011, 08:00 PM   #68 (permalink)
In Significance

45% Mesh Resistant

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/14/2009
Client: Firestorm, occasionally Singularity
Definitely looking forward to the changes, then. You're doing a great job so far.

Though I am confused about one thing:
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiranV Dean View Post
"Most importantly, would it be possible to be able to shrink the People window more than is currently allowed?"
it is already possible , what you show in your pic is definetly NOT the minimum , i will additionally allow them to be even smaller...in future like everything
[snipped screenshot]
this is the minimum for ALL Sidetray panels (which were the sidebar before)
The pic I took was the smallest I was able to shrink the undocked People window, not sure why you're saying it not. It's awesome that you're going to work on them being smaller, but this answer made me go "Huh?".
Doctor Zen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 07:49 AM   #69 (permalink)

I have a cunning plan

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 13/01/2007
Client: Tried them all. Viewer agnostic
I can't shrink it any smaller than this either. Same as the official viewer,the last KL 21(9) and cool vl (since he enabled mesh)
Firestorm I can shrink it right down.

Really like the new UI elements in Nirans though
Mondy Bristol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 08:56 AM   #70 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
i guess you mean the height then , i meant the width , its just a little change of a number to allow the window to be smaller

oh and if anyone is wondering why in some regions like on this pic your FPS can/will drop for no reason , check the graphic prefs , i raised the default Shadow Resolution (Quality) from 1.0 (High) to 1.5 (Very High) which doesnt make that much difference normally , but on this pic it made a difference of 20 FPS

EDIT: the new minimum Sizes:

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 11-04-2011 at 10:07 AM.
Old 11-04-2011, 08:08 PM   #71 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

Just a quick question for feedback, but is anyone having issues loading web profiles (or any web at all through the media browser) in this viewer, or is this just me?
Old 11-04-2011, 08:32 PM   #72 (permalink)
Last of the True Slavers

Prowling...

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 8th 2009
Client: Niran's Viewer
"...but is anyone having issues loading web profiles (or any web at all through the media browser) in this viewer, or is this just me?"

Confirmed, it's not just you. Although it's not a consistent problem, a couple of times the browser refused to admit that I was clicking the 'EDIT' button. A restart later, the problem seemed to correct itself, until I closed the browser and tried again with the same problem.
LiannaGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2011, 09:18 PM   #73 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
possible , havnt noticed any problems with Profiles or webpages yet , except the "access denied thingys in Build 7 which popd when you tried to do Private stuff like loggin in with Account Details , SSL etc
Old 11-04-2011, 09:21 PM   #74 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

Maybe webkit is getting borked in compile/package?
Old 11-04-2011, 09:31 PM   #75 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
im not sure , but i will definetly keep an eye on this

Tags
features, interface, nirans, user, viewer