Nirans Viewer (fixed) - Page 2 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Alternative SL Clients » Nirans Viewer (fixed)

Alternative SL Clients Discuss third party SL clients here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2011, 12:08 PM   #26 (permalink)
Last of the True Slavers

Prowling...

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Oct 8th 2009
Client: Niran's Viewer
Niran, thanks for the latest. I appreciate your hard work, and it's nice to see someone still believes in fullscreen.

Romana:

"One is that my bottombar buttons for view and movement controls seem to be only per-session. Next time I start the viewer I have to re-add them."

Hmm...I have not seen this. You could try a reinstall, that may solve the problem.

"Oh, and BTW, what's HTTP inventory? I'd kind of like to know before I bork something..."

Without going too deeply into the wonderful option HTTP Inventory, all I can say is...turn it off. Please.
LiannaGarnet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:21 PM   #27 (permalink)
Too big to be true.

Nope.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 6th Jan. 2007
Client: Black Dragon
Send a message via MSN to NiranV Dean Send a message via Skype™ to NiranV Dean
library option is in Setup Tab in Preferences , and HTTP Inventory is like HTTP Textures , forcing the Inventory to load via HTTP to make it faster (normally) disable if it doesnt run faster or not at all , but should be on by default (its default in LL Viewer now)

to your Move&View problem....well.... might be because the viewer crashes on exit and doesnt save those settings anymore

Putting the Viewer into an infinite texture preloading loop since 07.
NiranV Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 05:23 PM   #28 (permalink)

Blessed be the Lord myStrength, Who trained my handsfor war and my fingers tofight. Psalm 144:1

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 08/01/2007
Client: nirans
oke the library thing is somewhere up in the menu , i turned it off
and the http is better to leave it turned of
Old 10-27-2011, 06:53 PM   #29 (permalink)
Last of the True Slavers

Prowling...

My Mood:
Just saw the V3.2 entry on your blog, Niran. Lookin real good; again, I thank you from my heart for the work you've been doing.

Just a question, as a repeat from an earlier post. In FS mode, under PREFERENCES-->GRAPHICS, as My current LCD has a native 4:3 ratio, should the 'AspectRatio' be the '4' or the '3' (first or the last)?

Cheers!
Old 10-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #30 (permalink)
Too big to be true.

Nope.

My Mood:
im not sure Lianna , i got 16:9 and 3.00 seems to be normal , i guess 3 means somewhat like default of your screen and you can go up or down from it if you want a custom aspect ratio

the 3.2.1 has been released as beta also check it out at:
http://niranv-sl.blogspot.com/2011/1...-and-beta.html
Old 10-28-2011, 04:43 PM   #31 (permalink)

SL Join Date: December 2007
Client: Nirans Viewer & Firestorm
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiranV Dean View Post
im not sure Lianna , i got 16:9 and 3.00 seems to be normal , i guess 3 means somewhat like default of your screen and you can go up or down from it if you want a custom aspect ratio

the 3.2.1 has been released as beta also check it out at:
NiranV Dean: Release and Beta
Wow ... this beta build is pretty damn awesome, sleek, sophisticated with the existing Kirstens code and Nirans and quick as... Very nice Niran, keeping a close eye on the development of this viewer
Shrike Rossini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:56 PM   #32 (permalink)
Too big to be true.

Nope.

My Mood:
actually... theres no "new" code in this development Viewer , its just the blank 3.2.1 from davep which will from now on form the base of this Viewer , and will slowly be converted into what i want it , to a sort of Build 7 like state , just with FUI and new Render Pipeline its extremly WIP, my main focus was on getting my UI into 3.2.1 without breaking it

i just did a few small changes , like the IM/Notification thingy , and a whole new toolbar at the top ,...theres more to come
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 10-30-2011, 04:34 PM   #33 (permalink)

I just installed Built 7 Release, and I was shocked, or better blinded :-(

Obviously the default Windlightsettings are a bit unusual? The other problem I had was worse: I did not have the chatbar and I could not activate it. I had this problem once with the Kirstens Viewer too (and changed back to LL) Maybe it was placed out of a fullscreen window and so cannot be seen? Is there a registry entry where I can check and possibly correct this?

I didn't use it long for obvious reasons. But I once used the menu to go home, and once the button. When I used the button I came out somewhere completely unknown.
SarahAndrea Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2011, 06:06 PM   #34 (permalink)

I installed Built8Beta1 now. That worked right instantly. I only can't fly up. I love the UI, but I have the impression Shadows are not as "nice" as in the current SL Beta Viewer.

Correction: Forget the thing about flying up. I forgot my Flight feather, that I usually always wear ;-)

Last edited by SarahAndrea Royce; 10-30-2011 at 06:14 PM. Reason: Correction
SarahAndrea Royce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 05:13 PM   #35 (permalink)
Too big to be true.

Nope.

My Mood:
the chatbar hides itself automatically thats a selfmade V1 Chatbar tweak , its enabled as default , you can disable it in Chat preferences , or you can let it on and just press enter to start chat (and unhide the chat )

@the glow yes , thats my new glow settings ... im still refining them and yea they are made for Shadows not for Windlight , Shadows/Deferred adds a bit more darkness which settles the glow a bit down , thats how it should be , you can correct those glow settings to your likings in Graphics Panel , click on General Graphic Settings to close it , then click on Advanced Graphic Settings , and click on the Lighting Tab , there should be some sliders to adjust the glow , i recomment you to set down max alpha or glow strenght to adjust it

Sarah , nope the Shadows are absolutely the same as the Beta , just faster thanks to Runatais extreme Render Pipeline fixes and tweaks , next build will also come with adjusted default settings again , so deferred aka lighting + shadows will be way better in ANY case , than ANY other Viewer see my latest few blogs why
NiranV Dean

EDIT: Oh and i forgot , the glow thingy can get really extreme (way too extreme for me aswell) on beaches or general SIMs with Sand or bright textures , a little tip , if you know where you are going , set a preset fitting to the region like , sunrise or dawn , to prevent yourself getting blinded by glow

have a nice day and keep trying , dont forget its still extreme WIP , especially the Beta 8 which is a whole new blank viewer which i just started off with so dont expect a new world yet

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 10-31-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 05:42 PM   #36 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via Skype™ to Inhandra
Does your "To-Do" list on your blog include what was previously in the KV? Specifically, are you adding back in Derender (if it was ever gone) and do you have any plans to add an in-viewer AO?

Your changes to the default water look FANTASTIC from the screenshots, I'm gonna give this a try when I get home!
Inhandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 07:02 PM   #37 (permalink)
Too big to be true.

Nope.

My Mood:
My To-Do list was mostly a brainstorming round what was important in KV and yes , i will add Derender to the list aswell (how could i forgot that...)

the AO....well i would really like to implement it , but thats exactly a feature i dont want to implement for several reasons , private and general , the biggest is i dont want to make a Copy of Firestorm/Phoenix/Imprudence or whatever by adding lots of options, i want only a bunch of really extremly needed functions , thats also the main goal of my Viewer

People are getting lazy (im very lazy too) , forget how to use Viewers right or just dont want to experiment with stuff , and thats exactly something i want to bring back , i want to force people to use their Brain on the Viewer again , experiment with it , make the most with the least , in over 4 1/2 years of SL i learned so much about the Viewer and how it works , i always had Kirstens , never had any special features i wanted as i learned how to do those tasks without having special uber features for everything , and i want people to see the same , see that a Viewer that has "theoretically" nothing (just a bunch of selected features) can still be kickin ass because of its simplyness and great experimental features you can play with
well and the other thing is... i want to get the most out of this "8 year" old Render Pipeline by doing some minimal tweaks ive discovered over those 4 years aswell

Kirsten must have had some similar rules as he didnt want to add everything people came up with , but i will listen on what people say and decide if its really necessenarly (like abillity to upload local textures to a prim) or not , and will comment afterwards what i think about it , why i think it might be usefull or not , however a negative opinion from my side doesnt mean it wont be added later , i just want to clarify what i think about it at the moment and what people could do instead (if theres an alternative way)

Edit: i also know some people wont use the Viewer if it hasnt XYZ Feature , i followed the what do you need in a TPV Viewer thread , but exactly those people are which i want to impress , i already managed to make someone use a V2 for the first time , he/she never wanted to use any V2/V3 , that was already huge success and i wish more people would atlast try to see things like this person

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 10-31-2011 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-31-2011, 08:22 PM   #38 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via Skype™ to Inhandra
Fair enough.

Next question, about the new water preset? Your blog says it's supposed to be default, but default seems to still be the bright blue. Is "Murky" it?
Inhandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2011, 09:38 PM   #39 (permalink)
Last of the True Slavers

Prowling...

My Mood:
"i want to get the most out of this "8 year" old Render Pipeline by doing some minimal tweaks ive discovered over those 4 years aswell"

It's about time someone actually concentrated on the Rendering for a change, and thus far you've proven that you're more than up to the task. The viewer keeps getting better and better, and it seems that you're going in the right direction. For me personally, I was happy enough just to get all my LCD back with fullscreen. (thanx for that)

"Kirsten must have had some similar rules as he didn't want to add everything people came up with , but i will listen on what people say and decide if its really necessary ... i just want to clarify what i think about it at the moment and what people could do instead (if theres an alternative way)"

This is what has, for some time now, separated KV from the other TPVs out there. User input has been valued by the KV, but not to the point of giving the user base everything that they want/demand. I can't stress this enough. Thus far, both your viewer and KV have taken this philosophy to a good place, and I can only hope you'll continue according to it.

"i also know some people wont use the Viewer ... i followed the what do you need in a TPV Viewer thread ... i already managed to make someone use a V2 for the first time ... i wish more people would at least try to see things like this person"

^This.^

Looking forward to the next release, Niran. Thanx again for all the hard work, we appreciate it.
Old 10-31-2011, 10:14 PM   #40 (permalink)
Too big to be true.

Nope.

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inhandra View Post
Fair enough.

Next question, about the new water preset? Your blog says it's supposed to be default, but default seems to still be the bright blue. Is "Murky" it?
Yea its fair aslong as people are fair enough to listen to me aswell , and SLU people seem to do so not like.... other...persons ive met inworld... ggrr

@Question , all those "progresses" you see there are made in the next release , call me an attention whore , but i really enjoy sharing news and stuff like that instantly to everyone xD , so the next release will have the Preset "Default2" as new default preset for all new people , if you previously set a different one or changed the preset in any other way (so the viewer writes it into your settings) you will have to set it manually as you manual settings always override my default settings

@Inhandra, btw Derendering has been added , i will test it now , it will be in next release aswell ...which will most likely be released when i finished the new experimental graphics panel , have a look at it and tell me what you think (it wont be forced , instead it will be an optional toggle between old and new one for now)

@Lianna , i always wanted to pimp the graphics for Second Life a bit , now its my chance to do so , people that had some contact with me (Group or IM) often got thousands of snapshots im taking all the time , one better than the other and people where asking how to do that ...explaining how to do that is hard as it requires a bunch of experience on how to set what and where. SL offers such a HUGE amount of customisation possibilities and a few are just the Graphics , SL can look as good as YOU make it , ranging from Crysis-like snaps to 2003 Nostalgia shots and thats very exciting about Second Life, it kept me trying for soooo long and im still trying some things , but in most cases i come across something that looks good , with the background knowledge of what you can do , where you can set it , you instantly know what to do to make it look like an awesome shot , its like you imagine the final picture and just "rebuild" this imagination =D

Edit: making my Experiences in graphic settings default , makes it way easier for people that dont have that much experience , to see how SL can look , but opinions will split here very quickly , for some my glow settings are too strong , for me they are at the border to "too much" , and for some others they are just cool and they want even more

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 11-01-2011 at 01:48 AM.
Old 11-01-2011, 11:50 AM   #41 (permalink)
Too big to be true.

Nope.

My Mood:
Current Pic of Progress (Graphics Panel) , its some sort of Beta now , its fully functional and just needs a few more options i havnt build in yet

Old 11-01-2011, 11:52 AM   #42 (permalink)
The Purple

HEYOO!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 20. January 2007
Client: NaCl
Hey Niran?

Can you post a descriptive text you'd like as the entry in the SLU client listing? :3
Old 11-01-2011, 12:33 PM   #43 (permalink)
Too big to be true.

Nope.

My Mood:
uff...

Nirans Viewer is a attempt at bringing back usability in V3 (previously V2) by adding simple changes based on Community ideas and a selection of Features that are really helpfull in daily usage without breaking the partly very nicely done core of the Viewer and UI and bloating the Viewer with stuff we dont need. The second main focus is also to support Machinima and Photography by making all necessenarly options quickly available and easily customisable , change the default settings which were way too long default to a nicer overall look and more realism. Its render pipeline is based of Dave P.s Shining fixes and claims to be much faster in many situations , especially High End photography with Shadows and Depth of Field enabled.

something like that i guess xD....its a bit hard to explain ...as i could talk days of it

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 11-01-2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Last of the True Slavers

Prowling...

My Mood:
"Its render pipeline is based of Dave P.s Shining fixes and claims to be much faster in many situations , especially High End photography with Shadows and Depth of Field enabled."

Tested and confirmed. I even installed the "Red Pill" Beta on my old Durabook (powered by an Intel Express chipset), and got a noticably slight improvement due to the reworked RenderPipe. Nice work.

"...without breaking the partly very nicely done core of the Viewer and UI and bloating the Viewer with stuff we dont need."

Well said. Looking forward to the Beta release, Niran, and hope to see you inworld soon.
Old 11-01-2011, 05:40 PM   #45 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
Tried the "red pill". :-) FPS has dropped for me in that one, now equivalent to whar I get on LL's beta viewer, but that's explained by what Niran has said. Looking forward to future versions in which my FPS will go back up to what it was with the "blue pill" version, and the return of derender.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 09:07 PM   #46 (permalink)
Too big to be true.

Nope.

My Mood:
the Graphics panel has been completed (for now) it will be in preferences in "Graphics 2" to test out (dont wanna force it yet) Download will be available in a few minutes! with lots of new features and more UI work see my blog for Infos

Download will be available here!
make sure you got Beta2a not Beta2 as i made a quick fix for the glow...AGAIN *goes rage*
also added a "short" explanation to the new graphics panel which i implemented to test out

@Romana , sad to hear that but like already known a problem of the new render pipeline which is optimized to give more performance on "supported" hardware (med to high end PCs) and sometimes some lucky people , so i guess it wont fix itself , you should try changing some options in graphics panel (performance tab as example) and see if you can get a bit more out of it without going down in graphic quality)

enjoy Beta 2! and try the new Graphics Panel (Graphics 2 tab)
Blog entry

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 11-02-2011 at 04:07 AM.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:03 PM   #47 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
Actually the FPS is back up in v8 beta 2, as I suspected it would be. So whatever you yourself tweaked did it. I am interested to know what graphics adjustments you would have recommended. :-)

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:06 PM   #48 (permalink)
Last of the True Slavers

Prowling...

My Mood:
Build 8 SSAO problem

Just a quick question regarding SSAO in this build. When I turn it on, the effect is there in the scene, but it is very grainy. There doesn't seem to be any performance-drop when it's on, just a visible graininess where SSAO applies.
I've played with the appropriate settings, but to no avail. Just wondering if there's something I missed.
Just for the record, aside from that, the viewer runs as smooth as glass, and all the other eyecandy works perfectly. I can live without SSAO, but it would be nice to have in a working condition. I don't think it's the viewer that's to blame here (or is it an issue I'm not aware of?), but rather a setting somewhere either on the Nvidia control-panel or elsewhere in the viewer settings.

One other thing. Speaking of the Nvidia ControlPanel, it's telling me that 'Ambient Occlusion is not available for this application' and the option is greyed-out. Could this be related?

Thanx for the help in advance.
Old 11-02-2011, 12:12 PM   #49 (permalink)

On vacation! Be back Jan 4

My Mood:
SL Join Date: May 2007
Client: Singularity

Awards: 2
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Send a message via Skype™ to Adeon Writer
Nvidia's AO only works for DirectX, I believe.
Adeon Writer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2011, 12:36 PM   #50 (permalink)
Last of the True Slavers

Prowling...

My Mood:
"Nvidia's AO only works for DirectX, I believe."

I just took a look and, according to what I could find about it, it appears that this is confirmed. A quick glance at various gaming-fora throws a few hints at workarounds, but for now, it's far more trouble than I'm willing to go to.

Thanx for pointing me in the right direction, Adeon.

Tags
features, interface, nirans, user, viewer