Nirans Viewer (fixed) - Page 17 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Alternative SL Clients » Nirans Viewer (fixed)

Alternative SL Clients Discuss third party SL clients here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #401 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 6th Jan. 2007
Client: Black Dragon
Send a message via MSN to NiranV Dean Send a message via Skype™ to NiranV Dean
i double checked that and noticed that Curl Multi was still set to FALSE as default , will be fixed in next version

Putting the Viewer into an infinite texture preloading loop since 07.
NiranV Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-05-2012, 01:04 AM   #402 (permalink)

lost in time...

My Mood:
After installing version 1.22 I notice a distinct increase in FPS--with the 64-bit version, anyway. I haz a happy.
Thanks, Niran!

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-06-2012, 04:10 PM   #403 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
tell me what you think , last time i send out my blogpost to a few people that like to review Viewers , one of them instantly threw back at me that my Viewer is totally unusable and preferences is a total mess , Firestorm is way more organized...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-y...apshot_990.png
2 Users Hugged You:
Old 02-06-2012, 04:11 PM   #404 (permalink)
ADOLF HEIGHTLER

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November, 2007
Business: Darkly Cute
Client: NOT the same one I used yesterday... (<.<)
Send a message via Yahoo to Imnotgoing Sideways Send a message via Skype™ to Imnotgoing Sideways
There's a 64bit version? (o.o)
Old 02-06-2012, 10:28 PM   #405 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
dont understand that wrong 64bit is what you had since Build 7 Beta 6, its just compiled with Large Adress Aware so it can use way more memory , this prevents the viewer from crashing at 1,25GB mem usage , but also increases overall allocation speed and aggresivity resulting in more used RAM more quickly , the 32bit version is just compiled without meaning it will 100% crash at 1,25GB mem usage which was for me at about one SIM compared to 8-10 SIMs at the same time with 2,6GB usage in 64bit.... 64bit is a way more fair deal in that case , but needs more than 4GB RAM and also Windows 7 64bit is extremly recommented!
Old 02-06-2012, 10:40 PM   #406 (permalink)

Rotten from the inside

My Mood:
SL Join Date: Aug 22, 2005
Business: Saints of Hell MC
Client: Exodus, Niran's
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiranV Dean View Post
tell me what you think , last time i send out my blogpost to a few people that like to review Viewers , one of them instantly threw back at me that my Viewer is totally unusable and preferences is a total mess , Firestorm is way more organized...
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-y...apshot_990.png
I do like that layout a lot Niran. It's got everything in once place where the user can just glance at it, click things, then hit OK. It's innovative and I prefer that to the way Firestorm has it on multiple tabs (and they still have a GI tab).
ShrugDangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #407 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: May 2006
Client: UKanDo
Send a message via Skype™ to Inhandra
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrugDangle View Post
(and they still have a GI tab).
Because they still do not have all the shining fixes in their release viewer.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk
Inhandra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2012, 11:50 PM   #408 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
that just proofs what im saying , FS is not always up to date
Old 02-07-2012, 06:40 AM   #409 (permalink)
Nasty Brit

Wants *things*

SL Join Date: 17 June 2007
Business: Something Spunky
Quote:
FS is not always very rarely, if ever, up to date
FIFY.
Old 02-07-2012, 06:53 AM   #410 (permalink)
Goldmember

is accusing chestnuts of being lazy

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2009
to be exact...

Oh gawd FS? It is sooooo 2011
Old 02-07-2012, 08:35 AM   #411 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
i didnt want to say it that hard , but yes , Firestorm is theoretically "never" really up to date ... thats coming from their base philosophy , but still they could do a lot of things a lot faster , according to the post a page back , the "Team" consists of the Phoenix Team , Opensource contributors and community members in general that "help" in any other possible way , with such a "big" overall Team i would expect a lot more stuff , a lot faster

compared to that im trying to maintain an up to date viewer and doing nearly everything alone here (cuz no one wants to do a Viewer! WHHYYY, all of my friends that have some knowledge about programming tell me "ahw Viewers?....boooooriiing...." ...and the fact that i cannot work good with other Teammembers in this case , im missing lots of organization ...ive noticed that with Mig... his commits fucked up my Build , my Commits fucked up his build...it was an endless back n forth, and i seriously dont want to be the boo man when something breaks in a Viewer with a whole team....but back to the topic, im maintaining the Viewer , merging stuff , compiling houndrets of times a day ...sometimes.... doing the Source stuff so people can take a look , writing blog posts , doing snapshots , googling through the WWW for my Viewer every day , trying to fix bugs myself , working on the UI , maintaining the German Translation , trying to keep in touch with the Users , and sometimes doing my own stuff by trial and error ...(underwater distortion , switchable ssao and bumpmaps , better Mesh Deformer switch , fourth toolbar at the top , optimizer floater , the faked and hacked show permissions... AFTER you hovered over peoples names...., delete button in windlight edit floaters instead of seperate floater , whisper chat range ringe , a few buggy but cool new snapshot types , custom slow motion time factor , right handed editing arm motion , random tips n pics on loading screen , switchable mouselook UI hiding and some other tiny things i havnt counted here now , just expect the rest to be done by someone else for now until i find more stuff i did myself =D) ...well and still manage RL which goes up n down like a crazy rollercoaster and seems to end in the hell... *rolleyes*... yea and the best , i would be WAY faster if i wouldnt use up all my time by standing around , talking with people , playing games like Resident Evil 5 n stuff , and be lazy xD

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 02-07-2012 at 08:50 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 12:49 PM   #412 (permalink)
The Purple

HEYOO!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 20. January 2007
Client: NaCl
To be fair, you also don't have users in the 5-digit range that will IM you if you release something broken, or that they don't like, or just for the heck of it

I understand -why- Firestorm is so slow on the releases. I don't like it, it's the very reason I started NaCl again when mesh release was imminent (I wanted a mesh up-to-date v3 and Firestorm was still at 2.6), but it's kind of the same reason the LL viewer doesn't get released often. It's a support nightmare if something, anything goes wrong. It's also kind of why I am happy with serving people in the 2-digits amount >_>
Old 02-07-2012, 05:20 PM   #413 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
i would be HAPPY if a lot of people would actually write me about their opinion
instead of just throwing it away , because their problem might fix itself after talking to me

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 02-07-2012 at 05:26 PM.
Old 02-07-2012, 05:28 PM   #414 (permalink)
The Purple

HEYOO!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 20. January 2007
Client: NaCl
Open up a sort of JIRA/JIRA-like portal or support forum :3
Easiest way to go about that, I think.
Chalice Yao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2012, 09:59 PM   #415 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
how about an autohiding topbar? which shows when you move the mouse to the top screen? and hides when you leave it again?
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Hugged You:
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 02-08-2012, 07:56 AM   #416 (permalink)
Tired of Doctors

GRRRRRRRRRRRRR

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/14/2008
Client: FireStorm, and Exodus
well i haven't thrown it away yet, and since you asked, i do have a problem or 2, one is the 2 chat box which you've covered and i've heard from others it's a pain to change and your not going to, but the big one is i get a studder in it after all the textures are loaded, it's like the studder you get on other viewers while they are loading but this one starts after it's done, once i get that studder it crashes to desktop
LeeLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 12:47 PM   #417 (permalink)
SLU Fluffer

Cock Chafer

SL Join Date: 2007
Client: Usually Catznip but I dabble in others

Awards: 1
The Penis Handler 
Quote:
instead of just throwing it away , because their problem might fix itself after talking to me
I've used Nirans for some time and it is my absolutely favorite viewer for taking pictures. I've talked about it on various forums, my blog, Flickr and converted a few friends, but I freely admit there are a few features missing that would make my SL more enjoyable and easier so for day to day use I often pop onto one of the others when I need those features.

Do I wish similar features were in Nirans so I could use it exclusively? Yes

Will I contact you with those requests? No.

You've made it very clear that some feature you will never consider, particularly if they originated in other viewers.

It's your time, your skills, your generosity that have made Nirans possible for me to use for photos, I don't want to sound ungrateful by demanding that you add a few things that would make it MY perfect viewer, so I switch between them depending on my needs.

It's the viewer you want to build with features you enjoy, and that's perfectly understandable and perhaps even how it should be because you won't please all the people all the time.
pancake is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-08-2012, 01:17 PM   #418 (permalink)

I have no status

Business: No Escape
Client: Nirans or development daily build
Quote:
My opinion? Prettiest viewer on teh intarwebz

Seriously, it's the only one that gets me away from using the bleeding-edge daily development build because not only are you building the viewer with the best inworld visual appearance you are ALSO fast on incorporating every fix or tweak the lab and the opensource community can come up with.
Da5id Weatherwax is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Agreed:
Old 02-08-2012, 11:21 PM   #419 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
finally!
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-D...apshot_992.png
autohiding topbar is done...
as you can see it will only show REALLY important stuff , meaning only your destination xD
and if i hover my mouse to the top
https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-Y...apshot_993.png
tadaaaa , it shows , as long as i hover over it it will stay , when i move the cursor for 10 secs away it will autohide again
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-09-2012, 12:23 AM   #420 (permalink)

Quote:
autohiding topbar is done...
I trust that will be optional?

I've never cared for autohiding anything. I like my UI elements to stay put. If this feature can't be turned off I'll just have to switch to another viewer.
Shirley Marquez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 10:12 AM   #421 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
its a feature , so yea it can be turned off

its also sad to hear someone leaving a Viewer because of such tiny things, well thats exactly one of those things i was talking about earlier...
Old 02-09-2012, 10:29 AM   #422 (permalink)
ADOLF HEIGHTLER

My Mood:
SL Join Date: November, 2007
Business: Darkly Cute
Client: NOT the same one I used yesterday... (<.<)
Send a message via Yahoo to Imnotgoing Sideways Send a message via Skype™ to Imnotgoing Sideways
HOLYCRAP! @ the 64bit version. Great FPS, I haven't found a way to crash it for two days, and all kinds of pretty. =^-^=

Plus, I like the direction you're taking the UI. I'm a 'keyboard-shortcut' user and don't have much need for those top bar menus. But, the browser bar and favorites are practically a necessity for me now. Win-win. (^_^)y
Imnotgoing Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:15 AM   #423 (permalink)

Caffeinating~

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 19, 2008
Business: Astalianda
Client: Official
This is absolutely -the- prettiest, most graphically enhanced viewer I've seen. I do still get surprise unwarned crashes when moving from sim to sim -- where as torturing my computer into full lag with crazy graphics in a sim doesn't crash me -- but the surprise traveling crashes have become considerably less when comparing between 1.15 and 1.22.

I never crash when teleporting, it's when I'm in a new sim and just look around. Things are usually not rezed yet when that happens.

I already love the fact that the sky settings window is back to its old size, but one thing that is always on my viewer wishlist is a teeny tiny window with just the windlight dropdown menu and sliders for sun/moon position and east angle. That would be ridiculously handy and useful for taking pictures. Just mentioning, this is clearly not a huge omg-needs-to-be-fixed thing.

Oh, possible bug thingie: sometimes mesh items don't rez. Or cease to rez if changed back and forth. Or possibly do rez, but just don't show. I'm not speaking of badly-rezed items, I'm speaking of nothing happening. Like the mesh itself was suddenly invisible. Relogging always fixes it. This might of course be in LL code itself and not the viewer, mentioning just in case.

This I know is not related to the viewer since I had the same thing with Kirstens and I've heard similar complaints from other viewers as well, I'm bringing it up in case you're a wizard and manage to fix it. The square bug with big resolution shadows pictures. I'm adding a link instead of a picture because huge picture is huge, but if you want to see what I mean, lookit here: http://astalianda.files.wordpress.co...squarebug1.jpg

That's in bigger-than-your-screen resolutions and with shadows on. In some environments and windlights it's not noticeable unless you zoom in and squint, in other environment + windlight combos it's ...well, you see.

Again, this is not something in this viewer alone, but a general 'feature' of LL. Just hoping you have magic skills!

Beautiful, beautiful job~
Sonya Marmurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:49 AM   #424 (permalink)
shiny blue eyes

Nope.

My Mood:
im aware of both the mesh non rezzing bug , which i thought has been fixed with 1.22 and the bigger-than-your-actual-window resolution snapshots which i can sadly NOT fix....someone else has to do that

@Windlight selector , ive previously tried it (without coding), it didnt work (but atlast i tried it) but the selector atm is exactly the same size as the original one with sun position you were referring to , its just refactored in terms of layout and features it contains , ive posted comparison snapshots LOOONG ago showing that i made all Windlight floaters EXACTLY as their V1 counterparts , ive really made them pixel-exact... you could put them over each other and they would be exactly the same, each slider , each button , each text etc...

btw... somehow... the pic looks still cool...like abstract art ...like a broken window

back to the topbar
i made this Video to demonstrate it

Last edited by NiranV Dean; 02-09-2012 at 12:06 PM.
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-09-2012, 12:14 PM   #425 (permalink)

Caffeinating~

My Mood:
SL Join Date: April 19, 2008
Business: Astalianda
Client: Official
Yah, I figured it was beyond viewer-fixing since surely someone would have fixed it by now if it was fixable by anyone except LL. Thought to mention in case you have magic powers, though!

As for the windlight window, I know it's like it was back in 1, I much appreciate that it is that size again, that's already a huge help. Was just... listing random wish-hope-brainstorm ideas aloud.

I just double-checked, I'm running 1.22 and the mesh bug has still been appearing. It's not often or super annoying since it's an easy fix, but just to report.
Sonya Marmurek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
features, interface, nirans, user, viewer