Viewer with Nearby Object search? - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Alternative SL Clients » Viewer with Nearby Object search?


Alternative SL Clients Discuss third party SL clients here.

 
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #1 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist
 
Ramen Jedburgh's Avatar
Heya ^_^
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 2,624
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
Client: Firestorm
Viewer with Nearby Object search?

Ok, so I used to use Emerald. I love Emerald and miss it a lot for a variety of reasons.

One feature I was really lissing this morning was the ability to scan and search for nearby objects. It made hunts much much easier.

Before anyone gets on my case that the ppoint of the hunt is to get you to buy things in the store I will say that I often DO buy from hunt stores. I also often still search manually unless it's like the last day and I am pressed for time. Some atores just hide the item too obscurely and often there isn't a list to jump to a layer store and often the store just does not interest me with it's contejt.

What I am wondering is, is there a client out that has this feature available?
__________________
--
Ramen Jedburgh

http://allaroundthegrid.blogspot.com/
Ramen Jedburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 10:20 AM   #2 (permalink)
Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Posts: 59
huh... Phoenix?
It's one year old news that Phoenix picked up where Emerald left (Phoenix version 0 was Emerald's exact clone up to rebranding).

That said, Firestorm also has it now.
Satomi Ahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Senior Member
 
Romana's Avatar
lost in time...
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 988
My Mood:
Unfortunately for me my graphics drivers (ATI Radeon HD) do not play well with Firestorm Mesh beta. I haven't tried Phoenix with mesh yet not being up on the similarities and differences with FS vis-a-vis graphics issues.
I also do hunts and would like near object search, and another feature I miss in Viewer 2/3 (if it's there, I haven't found it yet) is derender. This is very useful if something rezzes under my floor instead of on it (something that happens lately).
So I would also like to know what my other options are.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk
Romana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:43 AM   #4 (permalink)
Tastes Like Burning
 
Arrehn's Avatar
Obsessing
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 130
Client: Harper Viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romana View Post
Unfortunately for me my graphics drivers (ATI Radeon HD) do not play well with Firestorm Mesh beta. I haven't tried Phoenix with mesh yet not being up on the similarities and differences with FS vis-a-vis graphics issues.
I also do hunts and would like near object search, and another feature I miss in Viewer 2/3 (if it's there, I haven't found it yet) is derender. This is very useful if something rezzes under my floor instead of on it (something that happens lately).
So I would also like to know what my other options are.

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Tapatalk

If you can't use the 3.x viewers because of the current graphics issues, Firestorm Beta 2 is still available for download and has object search. It's in the "World" pull down menu. It also has derender functionality.
Arrehn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
The Thinker
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Tennessee, USA
Posts: 8
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 10/20/2006
Client: Firestorm Viewer
Blog Entries: 1
Send a message via Skype™ to Xavion Saltair
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramen Jedburgh View Post
Ok, so I used to use Emerald. I love Emerald and miss it a lot for a variety of reasons.

One feature I was really lissing this morning was the ability to scan and search for nearby objects. It made hunts much much easier.

Before anyone gets on my case that the ppoint of the hunt is to get you to buy things in the store I will say that I often DO buy from hunt stores. I also often still search manually unless it's like the last day and I am pressed for time. Some atores just hide the item too obscurely and often there isn't a list to jump to a layer store and often the store just does not interest me with it's contejt.

What I am wondering is, is there a client out that has this feature available?
My first thought was also to suggest the Phoenix or Firestorm viewers. It just also came to mind that the Imprudence viewer has Area Object Search (ALT+A). I've at least confirmed this with the beta version 1.4.x. If you can't find the menu option at first, try enabling the Advanced menu (CTRL+ALT+D). Hope that helps.
Xavion Saltair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 11:54 AM   #6 (permalink)
- mercurial heathen -

*SLU Supporter*
 
Hana's Avatar
in my own little world
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,582
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 4/11/2006
Imprudence, Ascent both have it too, iirc...

really, i've never used a tpv that didn't have that feature. i'd be surprised if any of the top 6 or so didn't have it.
__________________


Hana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 04:40 PM   #7 (permalink)
LEMONY CAKE!
 
Andromeda Rage's Avatar
Tough times demand tough farts.
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: The Moon
Posts: 1,040
My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 20, 2194
Client: SL Viewer for Commodore 64
Cool VL also has area object search.
Andromeda Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2011, 08:26 PM   #8 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*
 
Inhandra's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,485
SL Join Date: May 2006
Blog Entries: 3
Send a message via Skype™ to Inhandra
NaCl does also!
Inhandra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2011, 05:40 PM   #9 (permalink)
Ginger Supremacist
 
Ramen Jedburgh's Avatar
Heya ^_^
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Illinois, USA
Posts: 2,624
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 3/9/2006
Client: Firestorm
Well, I didn't realize that this was such a prolific feature with third party viewers!
Ramen Jedburgh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 02:58 PM   #10 (permalink)
I'm not Here!
 
Kalel's Avatar
hypnotized
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Miami
Posts: 1,136
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 1/25/2006
Business: looking for fresh start..
Client: Singularity
Send a message via Skype™ to Kalel
area search comes in handy to find hiding prims... weither it be building or for events.. Tho that is considered cheating...
__________________
"In theory, theory and practice are the same. In practice, they are not.""The paradox of knowledge is that itís always on your side, but not always in your favor."
Kalel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2011, 03:08 PM   #11 (permalink)
Curiouser and Curiouser

*SLU Supporter*
 
Trasee Darkwatch's Avatar
Following the White Rabbit
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: The Mad Hatter's Tea Party
Posts: 12,663
My Mood:
SL Join Date: 7/3/2006 (rejoin 7/16/2009)
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Winner 
Dolphin has it now!

Dolphin Viewer 3 - 3.0.6.20435

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalel View Post
area search comes in handy to find hiding prims... weither it be building or for events.. Tho that is considered cheating...
Shhh.

I won't tell if you won't.
__________________
(\__/)
(='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
(")_(") signature to help him gain world domination
______________________________________________
| Trasee's DeviantART | Trasee's Furventures |
Trasee Darkwatch is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Laughed:
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On