Cool VL Viewer updates - Page 33 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Alternative SL Clients » Cool VL Viewer updates

Alternative SL Clients Discuss third party SL clients here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2017, 09:45 AM   #801 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

I Don't Really Exist Do I ?

My Mood:
Client: I try all of them.
Cool VL Viewer (Experimental Release) Update, as per Henri Beauchamp:

Here is a new release of the Cool VL Viewer, with Animesh support, available now from http://sldev.free.fr/:

This new experimental branch introduces Animesh support and paves the way for future updates to LL's pre-built libraries (replacement of the CEF library, 64 bits MAC libraries, migration of the Windows build system to a newer Visual Studio version, etc).

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.0 (experimental branch):

New in this branch/release:
Backported Animesh support from LL's axon viewer, with added crash bug fix by me.
Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "opening Marketplace Listing before inventory has fetched unlists listings" (never seen happening here, with my largely debugged/hardened backport of the Marketplace functions to the Cool VL Viewer, but those added checks cannot hurt).
Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "velocity and acceleration should take time into account" for avatar physics (second attempt at a proper fix).
Added the missing PRIM_ALLOW_UNSIT, PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY and PRIM_SIT_TARGET LSL constants highlights and tool tips to the script editor.
Removed support for the old Snowglobe Kakadu image decoder in 32 bits builds, which allowed a well needed cleanup of the llimage library.
Removed support for the deprecated QtWebkit plugin.
Windows only: removed support for old VS2010 32 bits builds (meaning no XP-compatible builds possible any more). LL is going to update key libraries (such as a replacement for their CEF library) soon, and I cannot afford rebuilding these for VS2010/WinXP, sorry...
Windows only: removed support for the winmmshim plugin (which was only relevant to the WinXP target, for the audio volume catcher).
Some code cleanup and minor optimizations.

Enjoy !
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:16 AM   #802 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:
Cool VL Viewer Update, as per Henri Beauchamp:

Here is a two new releases of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from http://sldev.free.fr/:

Since crash bugs have been fixed, all users should update.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.35 (stable branch):

New in this release:
Backported from v1.26.21.0 the fix to "opening Marketplace Listing before inventory has fetched unlists listings".
Backported from v1.26.21.0 the fix to "velocity and acceleration should take time into account" for avatar physics.
Backported from v1.26.21.0 the addition of the missing PRIM_ALLOW_UNSIT, PRIM_SCRIPTED_SIT_ONLY and PRIM_SIT_TARGET LSL constants highlights and tool tips to the script editor.
Backported from LL's viewer-neko the support for the new UserInfo capability and added the tool tip about (un)verified email address in the "Preferences" floater, "IM & logs" panel.
Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "attempt to access unreadable cached texture indefinitely".
Backported from LL's viewer-lynx a fix to a potential crash bug (mostly affecting 32 bits builds) in LLImage.
Fixed crash bugs in the mesh repository code, that could occur while loading a corrupted mesh.
Fixed an issue with name-less objects mute status not getting properly restored on relog.
Changed the mesh upload preview floater so that the model default name is derived from its file name instead from one of its primitives/meshes.
Extended and improved the Lua scripting and automation features. See this thread for details.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.1 (experimental branch):

Same change as in v1.26.20.35, plus:
Added highlighting and tool tips support in the script editor for the new Animesh-related LSL functions.
Animesh code brought on par with LL's latest changes and fixes to their Axon viewer.

Enjoy !
Old 11-05-2017, 09:52 AM   #803 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:
Mac OS X for Cool VL Viewer, as per Catten :

Here is the 1.26.20.35 release

http://cattencarter.com/CoolVLViewer1.26.20.35.zip

MD5(CoolVLViewer1.26.20.35.zip)= f9a8eba77d31369eb122dbb04948452f
SHA1(CoolVLViewer1.26.20.35.zip)= 1c27d0057c09e113eccb2110773e0214bd761b74

You will need to install the 32 bit gstreamer package to play movies.
You can get it from here: https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/da...-universal.pkg
Old 11-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #804 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:

Here is a two new releases of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from http://sldev.free.fr/:

This is a bugfix release with potential crash bugs fixed; all users should update.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.36 (stable branch):

New in this release:
Implemented a workaround for an issue with bogus volume parameters in OpenSim grids. See this message for details.
Backported from LL's viewer-lynx a fix to Collada files (*.dae) parsing issues with some file names.
Backported from LL's viewer-lynx "vertex buffer allocation failure handling", mostly relevant to 32 bits builds (note that the Cool VL Viewer already got guards against such failures, that addressed crashes, but more checks at another level cannot hurt).
Restrained Love updated to v2.09.22.20. See the release notes section in the RestrainedLoveReadme.txt file for details.
Backported from LL's viewer-neko the reversal of a former fix for transparent textures rendering as opaque white, due to server-side issues that fix induced.
Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "avatar physics twitching at high fps".
Backported from LL's viewer-lynx a fix to "access (write) violation / buffer overrun" in the texture fetcher code.
Backported from Firestorm and further improved the refreshing of attached mesh LODs (happens when you use the "Refresh" entry of the avatars' pie menu).
Some code cleanup/hardening and minor optimizations.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.2 (experimental branch):

Same change as in v1.26.20.36, plus:
Animesh code brought on par with LL's latest changes and fixes to their Axon viewer.

Enjoy !
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 11-18-2017, 11:12 PM   #805 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2008/02/07
Client: Firestorm (in Phoenix Mode!), Cool VL Viewer
Cool VL Viewer updates, as per Henri Beauchamp:

Here is a two new releases of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from Cool VL Viewer:

This is a bugfix release with crash bugs fixed; all users should update.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.37 (stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko pull requests a proper fix to transparent textures rendering as opaque white.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "dummy triangle should use map instead of offset (in case of VBO)".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko pull requests a fix to "LLVertexBuffer::unmapBuffer() crash".
  • Backported from LL's viewer64 a fix to a GPU benchmarking crash (in the Cool VL Viewer, such a benchmarking only happens when hitting the "Recommended" settings button in the "Graphics" tab of the "Preferences" floater, while you are logged in).
  • Fixed more potential crashes with bogus mesh objects in the mesh repository.
  • Some code cleanup/hardening and minor optimizations.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.3 (experimental branch):

Same change as in v1.26.20.37, plus:
  • Animesh code brought on par with LL's latest changes and fixes to their Axon viewer.

Enjoy !

PS: oh, and by the way... The Cool VL Viewer is 10 years old (in fact, even a few months older, but the first public release was published on 2007/11/16) !
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 12-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #806 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:

Here is a two new releases of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from Cool VL Viewer:

This is a bugfix release with crash bugs fixed; all users should update.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.38 (stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to a memory leak in LLImage.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "LLVertexBuffer::unmapBuffer crash".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "folder depth was not counted correctly" in marketplace code.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to potential crash bugs in the mesh repository.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to terrain detail remains on high when graphics quality is set to low".
  • Fixed a rendering glitch (no rendering till LOD changes) that could sometimes be seen on mesh attachments after TP.
  • Some code cleanup and minor optimizations.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.4 (experimental branch):

Same change as in v1.26.20.38, plus:
  • Animesh code brought on par with LL's latest changes and fixes to their Axon viewer.

Enjoy !
eighthdwarf Checchinato is online now   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-16-2017, 07:17 AM   #807 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
New Cool VL Viewer updates, as per Henri Beauchamp:

Here are two new releases of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from Cool VL Viewer:

These are bugfix releases with crash bugs fixed; all users should update.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.39 (stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Fixed a crash bug in the JPEG image decoder (affecting 32 bits releases or 64 bits releases with private memory pools compiled in and used).
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to a potential crash bug in the mesh repository (affecting mostly 32 bits releases).
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "render stalls in object heavy regions".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "new head attachment slots are not rendered invisible in mouse-look".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "Breasts Bounce increases at low fps".
  • Backported from LL's Axon viewer an improvement to Collada files importing: "allow underscores to substitute for spaces in uploaded meshes; this allows rigging to some attachment points that will not otherwise work".

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.5 (experimental branch):

Same change as in v1.26.20.39, plus:

Enjoy !
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 12-31-2017, 12:34 AM   #808 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:

Here are two new releases of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from Cool VL Viewer:

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.40 (stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Fixed a rare crash bug in LLUIString and plugged several other potential crashes.
  • Fixed a crash bug that could occur when detaching a temporary attachment via the pie menu.
  • Backported from LL's Axon viewer a speed optimization to rigged meshes rendering.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.6 (experimental branch):

Same change as in v1.26.20.40, plus:

Enjoy !
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-14-2018, 11:15 AM   #809 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:

Here are two new releases of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from http://sldev.free.fr/:

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.41 (stable branch):

New in this release:
Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to an out of memory crash bug in mesh decompression (mostly affects 32 bits builds).
Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "bad_alloc crash in LLImageGL::setImage()" (mostly affects 32 bits builds).
Backported from LL's viewer-neko a change in exception handling so to get a better stack trace log on crash.
Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "frame rate drops when facing away from objects".
Backported from Firestorm (Ansariels's code) a fix to a crash seen happening in Littlefield grid. Further hardened the code against similar potential issues.
Fixed a couple of UI glitches in the mesh upload floater.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.7 (experimental branch):

Same change as in v1.26.20.41, plus:

Enjoy and happy new year !
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 02-03-2018, 12:04 PM   #810 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:

Here are two new releases of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from http://sldev.free.fr/:

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.42 (stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix reversal to bad material associated with transparent textures.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to possible infinite loops while parsing bogus LLSD/XML data.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to a potential crash on logout in the inventory model code.
  • Improved error management in llthreap.cpp, based on a viewer-neko fix.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-cougar a fix to "tile-based texture animation scales incorrectly for rigged mesh when worn".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-cougar a fix to "WindLight special overlays (including property lines and highlights for beacons) are not visible in shader water".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "object position coordinates in edit floater are grayed out when editing avatar attachments".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko "avatar physics safety checks and better iteration spreading".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "texture animation flicker at certain frame rates".
  • Fixed deprecated URLs pointing to the SL knowledge database in Help menu and notifications.
  • Some code cleanup (now ready for clang v6.0 under Linux) and minor optimizations.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.8 (experimental branch):

Same change as in v1.26.20.42, plus:
  • Made it possible to use the new Dullahan browser plugin (disabled in release builds for now: you may build with it yourself by editing the corresponding variable in 00-BuildOptions.cmake).
  • Windows only: adopted the new set of libraries used by LL for their release viewer.
  • Linux only: patched, modified, compiled and added Linux 32 and 64 bits Dullahan libraries.
  • Modified the build system to allow future 64 bits Darwin builds.

Enjoy !
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 02-11-2018, 03:55 PM   #811 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:
Latest MacOS X Releases for Cool VL Viewer
1 User Likes This:
Old 02-18-2018, 03:35 AM   #812 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.43 (stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to a potential "crash when creating group role with 'Manage ban list' ability".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to a "crash on unset Pcode" in server object update messages (normally a since fixed server-side issue, but such a check can't hurt).
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to potential crash bugs (due to bogus server messages) in the particle system code.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to the failure to prevent rendering of particles attached to the visually muted avatars.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "deleting inventory directory while keeping Delete key pressed".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix so to that we "do not show sculpty until it is loaded or load fails".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "sitting avatar's rotation is not updated correctly viewer side" while editing a seat object.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko the update of the security certificates and the move from a CA.pem file to a ca-bundle.crt file for them.
  • Backported from Alchemy viewer a fix to potential fast texture cache corruptions.
  • Backported from Singularity an optimization to alpha glow rendering.
  • Backported from Alchemy and Singularity viewers a speed optimization to vertex arrays and elements drawing. Fixed a crash bug in that code, optimized it further, and kept the old, non-VBO based code for compatibility, when VBO usage is explicitely disabled (either by user choice or because of the graphics card/driver limitations).
  • Backported from Alchemy and Singularity viewers a speed optimization to rigged meshes rendering. Optimized that code further and extended it to rigged mesh shadows rendering.
  • Fixed the annoying render glitch that caused impostored/muted avatars to mess up your own avatar on screen when in direct line with the camera. Note that this render glitch will still happen when under RestrainedLove camera restrictions (the bug was caused by the RestrainedLove code for these restrictions and Marine will need to fix it).
  • Removed the useless (since never fully/properly implemented and thus plain bogus) "transform feedback" rendering optimization (RenderUseTransformFeedback setting).
  • Implemented a workaround for an Apple-clang compiler bug that caused a crash on login with Darwin builds (by Catten Carter).

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.9 (experimental branch):

Same change as in v1.26.20.43, plus:
  • Enabled the new Dullahan-based CEF plugin for all platforms.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to navigate "Back" and "Forward" buttons not being properly enabled with Dullahan in the media browser floater.
  • Removed support for building with tcmalloc as the memory allocator (does not bring any benefit and was merely used back in the days when LL did not yet figure out how to properly align class members to avoid crashes with SSE2-optimized 32 bits code, which I fixed ages ago).
  • Linux builds only: recompiled parts of the libraries (both 32 and 64 bits) with updated upstream sources and on the new build system (*). Updated so far: zlib, glib, boost, openssl curl (with nghttp2 added for HTTP2 support), dullahan, freetype, lua.
  • Modified the build system to allow proper 64 bits Darwin builds, with contributions from Catten Carter.

Enjoy !
3 Users Said Thanks :
Old 03-03-2018, 02:46 PM   #813 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:

These are bugfix releases and updating to them is recommended.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.45 (stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko fixes to potential crashes on viewer exit in the mesh repository.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-cougar a fix to "the presence of certain avatars stops local specular textures from 'sticking'".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "local textures for advanced lighting projectors do not keep the selected texture.".
  • Backported from LL's Axon viewer a fix to "stuck LODs caused by uninitialized values".
  • Replaced all the useless 64 bits floats math operations with 32 bits ones (which are faster when using SSE2 intrinsics like we do, and avoid costly conversions between 32 and 64 bits floats).
  • Implemented proper CEF cache and cookies wiping for the "Clear browser cache" and "Clear stored cookies" actions in the "Preferences" floater, "Network & Web" tab.
  • Changed the logic for the "Edit" tools floater, "Object" tab so that while editing an attachment, the "Position" and "Rotation" spinners are greyed out when the "Ruler" combo is not in "Attachment" mode (since the position and rotation for attachments would not correspond to the ruler reference).
  • Fixed crashes in the DEBUG builds due to bad tests or llasserts.
  • Windows and MacOS-X: added more fallback system fonts to the list of usable fonts for non-western characters rendering.
  • Windows builds only: removed the useless vc80 runtime DLLs from the distribution.
  • Linux only: fixed an issue in buildlinux.sh when building with ninja.
  • Lot's of code cleanup and minor optimizations.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.11 (experimental branch):

Same changes as in v1.26.20.45, plus:
  • Backported from LL's viewer-media-update the removal of the LLPluginCookieStore code (now useless for Dullahan).
  • Backported from LL's Axon viewer and further debugged a couple of fixes to some cases of LODs getting stuck at too-low values.
  • Updated the Dullahan-based CEF plugin to use CEF v3.3282.1742.
  • Windows builds only: updated the Lua library (patched against known Lua v5.3.4 bugs).
  • Linux builds only: recompiled part of the libraries (both 32 and 64 bits) on the new build system. Updated libraries: freetype (reverted to v2.4.12 due to some minor render quirk in v2.8.1 with some UTF-8 characters), libndofdev.

Enjoy !
Old 03-03-2018, 02:51 PM   #814 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
In case you ask: What happened to v1.26.20.24 and v.1.26.21.10?
They were distributed just one day after versions 1.26.20.43 and 1.26.21.9, after my previous post here in this thread, but I simply forgot to look them up.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:11 AM   #815 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:
Latest MacOS X Release

Here is the 1.26.21.8 64bit release

It is a 64bit Viewer, which will hopefully remove issues with textures reloading and out of memory terminations. It's a rather big change and has taken quite a bit of time, so thank you to Henri for all his help and patience.

If you find any bugs or crashes please report them.

http://cattencarter.com/CoolVLViewer1.26.21.8.zip

MD5(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.8.zip)= 3f2b6366ce4abedf1edfab5ad176e44f
SHA1(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.8.zip)= 985daa9dae52e93d0636b3b9f04c445e20643ce2

You will need to install the gstreamer package to play movies.
You can get it from here: https://gstreamer.freedesktop.org/data/ ... versal.pkg
Old 03-06-2018, 06:52 AM   #816 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
Latest MacOS X Release

Here is the 1.26.21.8 64bit release
Forgive me that I have to correct you, Lord - but according to the last post at this thread over there, it's version 1.26.21.11

Quote:
Here is the 1.26.21.11-64bit release

http://cattencarter.com/CoolVLViewer1.26.21.11.zip 64bit

MD5(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.11.zip)= 65b2d665b76f2a6250c7bdf20a38cb05
SHA1(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.11.zip)= 57b4b30c4fcd042dc2ba5fd6bd35613788a1a3dd

1 User Said Thanks:
Old 03-10-2018, 06:38 AM   #817 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:

These are bugfix releases and updating to them is recommended.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.46 (stable branch):
Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.12 (experimental branch):

New in these releases:
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to a potential crash on viewer exit in the avatar name cache code.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-cougar an optimization for the non-deferred rendering mode: "normal and specular maps should not be downloaded if ALM is off" (this significantly reduces the memory usage and network data transfer when ALM is off).
  • Fixed failures to render the sky when the "High altitude clouds" spinner (under "Sky details" in the "Graphics" tab of the "Preferences" floater) is pushed to the max and the RenderMaxVBOSize setting is left at its default value (512 kB) or set below the latter; the sky details setting is now automatically capped to match the maximum VBO size; to get the actual maximum sky details, you need to increase the max VBO size to 1024 kB.
  • The suggested, auto-completed avatar names ("TAB auto-completes avatar names" setting in the "Text chat" tab of the "Preferences" floater) are now automatically capitalized.
  • Made the Moon and starts brighter in deferred rendering mode for a more realistic aspect and to get closer to what is seen in non-deferred mode.
  • Render pipeline code cleanup and speed optimizations.

Enjoy !
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 03-13-2018, 04:11 PM   #818 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
And the latest MacOS X version, as per Catten:

Here is the 1.26.21.12 release

http://cattencarter.com/CoolVLViewer1.26.21.12.zip 64bit

MD5(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.12.zip)= d68947ac5098fd52252f07024346cbe5
SHA1(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.12.zip)= 696b33b38c1a6541b3f9920169848ece2ae9db03

Old 03-17-2018, 12:36 PM   #819 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:

These are bugfix releases with a nasty crash bug fixed: all users should update.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.47 (stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Reintroduced "paranoia" checks in the threading code (that got removed in v1.26.20.45) to work around a nasty race condition that could cause a viewer crash on TP. See this message for details.
  • Properly cleanup APR on exit, which fixes a crash on exit seen with some compilers (seen at least with gcc v4.8.5 in 32 bits builds), due to bad destructors calls ordering. Also implemented a workaround for the same buggy compilers that fail to order the constructors calls properly and cause APR code to be called before its library is initialized.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "scrollbar in Nearby media floater does not decrease with decreasing number of displayed media".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "zoom back button is displayed after selecting other media in Nearby media floater".
  • Now also capitalize partial matches for auto-completed avatar names ("TAB auto-completes avatar names" setting in the "Text chat" tab of the "Preferences" floater).
  • By popular demand (1 user), added a "Derender" button/action to the "Moderation" tab of the "Radar" floater.
  • Some code cleanup (now also compiles with gcc and clang without warning in C++11 and C++14 compatibility modes) and minor optimizations.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.13 (experimental branch):

Same changes as in v1.26.20.47, plus:
  • Updated the Dullahan plugin to use CEF v3.3325.1749.
  • Linux and Windows only: removed support for building the old llceflib plugin (Dullahan is now always used).
  • Linux only: recompiled all the remaining pre-built libraries (libvlc excepted, but it is not used in official builds) on the new 32 and 64 bits build systems.

Enjoy !
Old 03-22-2018, 03:48 PM   #820 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
sorry for the long delay, but here's the latest MacOS update, as per Catten:

Here is the 1.26.21.13 release

http://cattencarter.com/CoolVLViewer1.26.21.13.zip 64bit

MD5(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.13.zip)= 3f8dd83955d124fe1aed44edc74e467d
SHA1(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.13.zip)= c708e0a0fc14760891587d6b474c0d464268efdc

Old 03-25-2018, 03:52 AM   #821 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
New Cool VL Viewer Updates, as per Henri Beauchamp:

These are bugfix releases with crash bugs fixed: all users should update.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.48 (stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Fixed a crash bug in dead objects removal code, that could get triggered on region cleanup, after a TP from a region with light projector objects.
  • Fixed a race condition in mesh streaming cost calculation that could trigger a crash bug.
  • Worked around a flaw in OpenSim var region protocol to allow proper local TPs within var regions.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to a potential crash bug in region capabilities retrieval.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko the support for the new ReadOfflineMsgs capability for retrieval of offline IMs.
  • Added AllowSwapping, MainMemorySafetyCheck and MainMemorySafetyCheck64 to the white list of Lua-writable debug settings. See the updated Lua example script for possible usage.
  • Code cleanup and some speed optimizations.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.14 (experimental branch):

Same changes as in v1.26.20.48, plus:
  • Updated the Dullahan plugin to use CEF v3.3325.1750.
  • Linux build only: enabled and optimized the usage of jemalloc v5.0.1 as the memory allocator: while jemalloc v3.6 did not prove to be worthy in the past and v4.x was totally unstable, v5.0 is apparently stable and brings a nice performance improvement (10% boost in frame rates). Please let me know how it fares on your system compared to former glibc malloc() builds.

Enjoy !

PS: the v1.26.21 branch is getting really close to promotion as the new stable branch v1.26.22 (with v1.26.20 getting deprecated and retired in the process). Users are encouraged to give it a try and report any bug they would find in it.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 03-30-2018, 03:33 AM   #822 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
And the latest MacOS update, as per Catten:

Here is the 1.26.21.14 release

http://cattencarter.com/CoolVLViewer1.26.21.14.zip 64bit

MD5(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.14.zip)= bfdeb0872ac905830d2677bf40403557
SHA1(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.14.zip)= 56326094d924a2476236086f42b21e995b4015a5

Old 03-31-2018, 09:43 AM   #823 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
New Cool VL Viewer Updates, as per Henri Beauchamp:

These are mainly bugfix releases with crash bugs fixed: all users should update.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.20.49 (stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Fixed a rare crash bug and plugged two more potential crash sites in LLViewerRegion::updateVisibleEntries(), that could cause crashes on TPs.
  • Fixed a potential crash bug in the "teleport" SLURL scheme handler.
  • Fixed an UI render glitch in media remote controls, when no audio back-end is initialized/available at all.
  • Restrained Love updated to v2.09.23.20. See the release notes section in the RestrainedLoveReadme.txt file for details.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko some fixes to ReadOfflineMsgs capability retrieval of offline messages. Made this feature (which is still experimental, and not yet available on the main SL grid) togglable (via "Advanced" -> "Network" -> "Use capability for offline IMs retrieval") and off by default.
  • Implemented support for the new "location_login" SLURL scheme (used on SL's login screen to connect to advertised locations).
  • Backported from LL's viewer-cougar a fix to "alpha masked textures turn white on rigged mesh when viewed through the water surface".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko "obtain abuse report categories from capability".
  • Linux builds only: do not bundle libopenal.so.1 any more since this library is part of any standard Linux distribution already (it is used by gstreamer and many audio components) and forcing the viewer to use its own private copy could cause conflicts with the system library.
  • Code cleanup and minor speed optimizations.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.15 (experimental branch):

Same changes as in v1.26.20.49, plus:
  • Backported from Alchemy viewer the support for FMOD Studio which is now used in place of the unmaintained FMOD Ex (which may still be chosen at compilation time instead of FMOD Studio, as long as it is not for Linux 64 bits builds with jemalloc, FMOD Ex 64 bits failing to play streaming media when jemalloc is used).

Enjoy !
Old 04-02-2018, 04:25 AM   #824 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
And a new Cool VL Viewer update...

... as per Henri Beauchamp:
Here is a new release of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from Cool VL Viewer:

This is a bugfix release and all users should update.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.21.16 (release candidate branch):

New in this release:
  • Fixed a bug in the Animesh backport code that caused failures to update joint overrides on rigged mesh late loading.
  • Minor code cleanup.

Note: this is a release candidate and unless a bug is found that won't be present in v1.26.20 and won't be fixable before next Saturday, this will become the new v1.26.22 release branch.

Enjoy !

... and as per Catten:

Here is the 1.26.21.16 release

http://cattencarter.com/CoolVLViewer1.26.21.16.zip 64bit

MD5(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.16.zip)= 1b80f3fa05f585e049495fdd054d94ac
SHA1(CoolVLViewer1.26.21.16.zip)= edb2c6b4222750047a87d16765cc663e3a2759a8

Old 04-07-2018, 12:38 PM   #825 (permalink)
aka Gem

My Mood:
A new Cool VL Viewer Update, as per Henri Beauchamp:

Here is a new release of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from Cool VL Viewer:

This is a bugfix release and all users should update.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.22.0 (new stable branch):

New in this release:
  • Backported from LL's viewer-lynx a fix to a crash bug in the code for the new offline messages retrieval via capability. Further enhanced and simplified the code.
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "detaching then rezzing then wearing an attachment puts it in an invalid folder".
  • Backported from LL's viewer-neko a fix to "URL in the object name is represented as a hyperlink in inventory offer".
  • Backported from LL's Axon viewer an optimization to rigged mesh attachments overrides computations.
  • Plugged a number of potential crash bugs sites for invalid/NULL texture entries.
  • Disabled the DEV tools in the CEF plugin (they are useless and disabling them reduces the footprint and the startup time).
  • Linux only: updated the Dullahan plugin to use CEF v3.3325.1756.
  • Linux only: updated jemalloc to the latest git version.
  • Code cleanup and minor optimizations.

Notes:
  • Starting from today, both the v1.26.20 and v1.26.21 branches are deprecated.
  • If you do not want to redo all your settings, you may copy your settings_coolvlviewer_12621.xml (or settings_coolvlviewer_12620.xml) file as settings_coolvlviewer_12622.xml in your user_settings directory, before launching v1.26.22.0.

Enjoy !