Cool VL Viewer updates - Page 3 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Alternative SL Clients » Cool VL Viewer updates

Alternative SL Clients Discuss third party SL clients here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-31-2011, 08:33 AM   #51 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: February 13, 2006
Business: Samantha's Shirts
Client: Cool VL Viewer 1.26.12

Awards: 1
Best Drama Summary 
Quote:
Originally Posted by MystyMiracle DeCuir View Post
Cool VL 1.26.1.2 is available:

Cool VL Viewer

The one-man developer-team works really well...

Thank you Henri!
Agreed!

Details:
Quote:
Cool VL Viewer v1.26.1.2 (experimental, MESH branch)

People having downloaded v1.26.1.0 or 1.26.1.1 should update to this new, bugfix release.

New in this release:
  • The spatial partition bug introduced in v1.26.1.1 has been fixed.
  • The issue with hover texts and name bubbles not rendering when in deferred rendering mode has been fixed.
  • The build tools floater has been expanded to include the Mesh-specific and new Physics parameters in its "Features" tab.
  • The Mesh item check box has been added to the inventory filters floater.
Enjoy !
Philip 3:16
For Rosedale so loved the grid, that he rezzed his only begotten Avatar, that whosoever believeth in him shall not crash, but have eternal Second Life.
Samantha Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:43 AM   #52 (permalink)
The Purple

HEYOO!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 20. January 2007
Client: NaCl
Quote:
The one-man developer-team works really well...
As a slight offtopic: It's really weird, but I myself have found to have a much easier and much faster time working on client stuff in a tiny group of people (Just me, or me and one, two friends) than any large developer groups ala Firestorm. I have honestly no exact idea why that is, but I presume it's the lack of the huge chunk of talking, discussion, coordination, infighting, disagreements, agreements, organization of meetings etc. etc. that just doesn't get in the way of it all.
Old 08-31-2011, 09:53 AM   #53 (permalink)
Tastes Like Burning

Obsessing

Client: Harper Viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalice Yao View Post
but I presume it's the lack of the huge chunk of talking, discussion, coordination, infighting, disagreements, agreements, organization of meetings etc. etc. that just doesn't get in the way of it all.

And yet here you are, participating in SLU

Last edited by Arrehn; 08-31-2011 at 10:22 AM.
Arrehn is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 08-31-2011, 10:04 AM   #54 (permalink)
Dat Burd

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: May 2006
Send a message via Skype™ to Inhandra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrehn View Post
And yet here you are, participating in and moderating SLU
There's only one mod, and Chalice ain't it.

That leaves participating, and that can be done on a cell phone while away from the computer, even. So I don't see how your "so how do you have time to be here" argument works.
Inhandra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:10 AM   #55 (permalink)
Lustful Cockmonster

*SLU Supporter*

Unedited

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 2004
Quote:
And yet here you are, participating in and moderating SLU
Wat?
Joshua Nightshade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 10:23 AM   #56 (permalink)
Tastes Like Burning

Obsessing

Client: Harper Viewer
It was more meant as a tongue-in-cheek observation, meant to be humorous
Arrehn is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 09-01-2011, 09:53 PM   #57 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

SL Join Date: February 13, 2006
Business: Samantha's Shirts
Client: Cool VL Viewer 1.26.12

Awards: 1
Best Drama Summary 
Another day, another set of tweaks...
Quote:
Cool VL Viewer v1.26.1.3 (experimental, MESH branch)

People having downloaded former v1.26.1.x versions should update to this new, bugfix release.

New in this release:
  • The "incompletely rezzing mesh objects" bug has been fixed. As a result, the "Load Meshes at Max LOD" setting (that was used as a work around) is now off by default.
  • Added the prims cost (equivalent number of prims for mesh objects) to the build floater. Whenever the prim cost differs from the total number of actual prims in an object, it is displayed after that number, between parenthesis.
  • Added the textured light settings to the Features tab of the build floater.
  • Various minor improvements, backported from v3, and various minor optimizations by me.
  • Added the deletion of the deprecated non-english notifications.xml files to the Windows installer script.

Enjoy !
Samantha Poindexter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 03:56 AM   #58 (permalink)
The Purple

HEYOO!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 20. January 2007
Client: NaCl
Quote:
And yet here you are, participating in SLU
DON'T POINT OUT MY FLAWS
Chalice Yao is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Hugged You:
Old 09-05-2011, 08:56 AM   #59 (permalink)
Virtual One Percenter
Self Indulged

SL Join Date: 1/9/2007
Client: Firestorm
Today's updates.

Quote:
Here are two new releases of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from http://sldev.free.fr/:

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.0.17 (stable branch)

New in this release:
•Added support for the new ObjectPhysicsProperties server message.
•Added support for the new SimulatorFeatures, GetObjectCost and GetObjectPhysicsData sim capabilities.
•Added the physics parameters to the Features tab of the Build floater.
•Moved the Material combo from the Object tab to the Features tab in the Build floater, where it now belongs together with the physics parameters.
•Added the Link and Unlink buttons to the Build floater, and moved replaced "Use grid" check box in the build floater with a "Snap to grid" check box in the grid options floater.
•Added the "derender" feature (available in the pie menu for objects and avatars). See this thread for details.
•Added free video memory info to the "Show Render Info" display.
•A few fixes to the renderer, backported from LL's v3 viewer.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.1.4 (experimental, MESH branch)

People having downloaded former v1.26.1.x versions should update to this new, bugfix release.

New in this release:
•Fixed the bug that prevented to edit sculpted prims in v1.26.1.2 and v1.26.1.3.
•Reimplemented the tree and grass prims selection outline code that had to be disabled in v1.26.1.0.
•Moved the Material combo from the Object tab to the Features tab in the Build floater, where it now belongs together with the physics parameters.
•Added the Link and Unlink buttons to the Build floater, and moved replaced "Use grid" check box in the build floater with a "Snap to grid" check box in the grid options floater.
•Added the "derender" feature (available in the pie menu for objects and avatars). See this thread for details.
•Added free video memory info to the "Show Render Info" display.
•A few fixes to the renderer, backported from LL's v3 viewer.
Brenda Connolly is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2011, 09:58 AM   #60 (permalink)
Virtual One Percenter
Self Indulged

Every time an update comes out and I install it, I look at the release notes and say "I have absolutely NO idea what most of this stuff means."
Old 09-05-2011, 10:07 AM   #61 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal
I Don't Really Exist Do I ?

My Mood:
Client: I try all of them, but for everyday use it's Cool VL Viewer.
It means Henri has had some time on his hands lately.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 09-05-2011, 02:04 PM   #62 (permalink)
Superconsumer

My Mood:
Client: Flavor of the week
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord View Post
It means Henri has had some time on his hands lately.
Multiple layers, work on that next? I really can't use a viewer without multiple layers.
"My opinion is, a designer should always try to enhance the inworld experience for his clients. In a virtual world, where individuality is hard to obtain, selling modifieable items is like selling a bit of freedom. Think about that." ~Silent Sky
Marianne Little is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 09-05-2011, 04:38 PM   #63 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal
I Don't Really Exist Do I ?

My Mood:
Client: I try all of them, but for everyday use it's Cool VL Viewer.
Marianne, he did actually say something to the effect that multiple layers were the next big feature he would be working on, in the Cool VL forum.

Here: http://sldev.free.fr/forum/viewtopic.php?p=2307#p2307

Last edited by Lord; 09-05-2011 at 05:03 PM.
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Yay!:
Old 09-05-2011, 05:45 PM   #64 (permalink)
Virtual One Percenter
Self Indulged

Speaking of features, I was wondering if he was thinking of adding a built in AO, but he seemed to have answered that question quite succinctly.
1 User Laughed:
Old 09-09-2011, 09:25 AM   #65 (permalink)

My Mood:
Business: red line design
Client: Cool VL Viewer 1.26.10.x
New Cool VL announced:

Quote:
Latest Windows releases:
Here are two new releases of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from http://sldev.free.fr/:

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.0.18 (stable branch)

New in this release:
Added support for the script owner id field in the new ScriptDialog server message (brings a more reliable muting of scripted objects pertaining to muted residents).
Updated llthread and llcurl to LL's v3 viewer ones, and added the CurlUseMultipleThreads setting (on by default, toggle in Advanced -> Network -> Multi-threaded Curl (after restart)"). This might cure the FPS "hiccup" issues encountered on some systems.
Replaced the unused "Curl" fast timer with an "Ares" one.
Performed some cleanup to the idle loop to gain some more speed.
A couple minor changes to the UI (and in particular in the object pie menu for the "Derender" option layout)

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.1.5 (experimental, MESH branch)

New in this release:
Fixed the bug that made the viewer crash when trying to upload an animation.
Fixed the bug that made the HUD objects using textures with an alpha channel sensitive to daylight settings when the "Automatic Alpha Masks (non-deferred)" setting was active.
Added support for the script owner id field in the new ScriptDialog server message (brings a more reliable muting of scripted objects pertaining to muted residents).
Added the CurlUseMultipleThreads setting (on by default, toggle in Advanced -> Network -> Multi-threaded Curl (after restart)"). This might cure the FPS "hiccup" issues encountered on some systems. Thanks must go to Ansariel Hiller for pointing out that I forgot to port this setting when porting the newest llcurl to the mesh branch.
Replaced the unused "Curl" fast timer with an "Ares" (DNS calls) one.
Performed some cleanup to the idle loop and pipeline to gain some more speed.
A couple minor changes to the UI (and in particular in the object pie menu for the "Derender" option layout)
Updated the mesh repository upload code to v3's, moved to the new convex decomposition API, and added partial support for future uploading of models (llassetuploadresponders, threaded file picker, idle callback list, llfloatermodeluploadbase class, lluploadfloaterobservers class, a necessary change to llviewertexture).

Enjoy !
MystyMiracle DeCuir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:31 AM   #66 (permalink)
Pedantic Geek

SL Join Date: 1/30/2008
Business: Perception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalice Yao View Post
DON'T POINT OUT MY FLAWS
I wouldn't have called that a flaw.
Discussions for the sake of discussions, or to ask questions, address particular topics, choose what topics you wish to comment on, etc., and discussions that have to take place before actually getting anything done, are two different animals.

How much do you get done based on SLU discussions vs how much time you kill having the discussions?
It wasn't a flaw in your point, it was a perfect illustration!
Maggiedoll Alter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 07:38 AM   #67 (permalink)
Pedantic Geek

SL Join Date: 1/30/2008
Business: Perception
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Connolly View Post
Every time an update comes out and I install it, I look at the release notes and say "I have absolutely NO idea what most of this stuff means."
Here's what I know: now there's a viewer on which I can see mesh and temp upload image files. (although not upload meshes. But that's okay. I made a sculpted dress form ages ago, and then yesterday realized that while it's fine as a decoration next to a sculpted sewing machine and ironing board, it's not shaped well enough to make a pretty display for a mesh dress.
Maggiedoll Alter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2011, 02:49 PM   #68 (permalink)
Virtual One Percenter
Self Indulged

Today's update

Quote:

These are mainly bugfix and maintenance releases. Update is recommended.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.0.19 (stable branch)

New in this release:
•Fixed a crash bug in the audio decoder code that was triggered when decoding corrupted/bad sound assets.
•Backport from v3 viewer of a fix to a potential crash bug in display names periodic refreshing code.
•Fixed a bug that caused cached U32 settings to fail to update when changed.
•The CurlUseMultipleThreads setting is now FALSE (off) by default, since it seems to cause crashes on some Windows systems. Reactivate at your own risks (Advanced -> Network -> Multi-Threaded Curl).
•Added a Mute button to the script llDialog() and llTextBox() dialogs, and also cured the bug that made it impossible to use an "Ignore" button name in llDialog() because it triggered the same action as the client-side "Ignore".
•Made the auto-decline actions during muted object's inventory offers more obvious and explicit, via a specific (and throttled in case of griefing) notification tip. Also prevented notifications spamming (via muted griefer's objects) in the mute code path. See this thread for details.
•Added a "Front" camera setting to the camera floater (see this post for details).
•Added an object clipboard (with "Copy" and "Paste" buttons) to the build floater (in the "Object" tab). See this thread for details.
•Added the new LSL functions and constants introduced in this week's "LeTigre" v11.09.09.240509 SL beta server update (llCastRay(), llGetMassMKS(), llSetPhysicsMaterial(), llGetPhysicsMaterial(), PRIM_PHYSICS_SHAPE_TYPE, PRIM_PHYSICS_SHAPE_PRIM, PRIM_PHYSICS_SHAPE_NONE, PRIM_PHYSICS_SHAPE_CONVEX, DENSITY, FRICTION, RESTITUTION, GRAVITY_MULTIPLIER, RC_REJECT_TYPES, RC_DETECT_PHANTOM, RC_DATA_FLAGS, RC_MAX_HITS, RC_REJECT_AGENTS, RC_REJECT_PHYSICAL, RC_REJECT_NONPHYSICAL, RC_REJECT_LAND, RC_GET_NORMAL, RC_GET_ROOT_KEY, RC_GET_LINK_NUM, RCERR_UNKNOWN, RCERR_SIM_PERF_LOW, RCERR_CAST_TIME_EXCEEDED).
•Optimized the code for speed via the use of more LLCachedControl's in the idle loop code path.
•Optimized the code for speed in a few places in the rendering code path.
•Various minor improvements, optimizations and code cleanup by me.
•Various minor bug fixes, backported from LL's v3 viewer.
•Updated the build system to work "out of the box" for MAC builds (changes courtesy of Guru Coyote).
•Updated the security certificates.
•Credits updated in the About floater.

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.1.6 (experimental, MESH branch)

New in this release: same changes as for v1.26.0.19 (see above), plus:
•Backported from LL's mesh viewer development branch a couple of fixes for mesh rendering glitches.

Note that if to believe my latest speed tests, v1.26.1.6 is now faster than v1.25.0.40 by around 4% (v1.26.0.19 is faster than v1.25.0.40 by around 7%). This probably makes the Cool VL Viewer one of the fastest (if not the fastest) viewers around on modern hardware (the old Cool VL Viewer v1.19.0.5 is probably unbeatable on old hardware, but it is now completely deprecated)...

Enjoy !
1 User Said Yay!:
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-16-2011, 04:08 PM   #69 (permalink)
Virtual One Percenter
Self Indulged

BTW..adding the Front camera view was in part due to a suggestion by yours truly in the CV forum.
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-17-2011, 01:51 PM   #70 (permalink)

My Mood:
Business: red line design
Client: Cool VL Viewer 1.26.10.x
Thumbs up Another quick Update...

Cool VL Update:

Quote:
Re: Latest Windows releases

Here is a new release of the Cool VL Viewer, available now from http://sldev.free.fr/:

Cool VL Viewer v1.26.1.7 (experimental, MESH branch)

New in this release:
Fixed a bug introduced in v1.26.1.6 and that would cause a crash when rendering mesh clothing.
Added a "Camera Front View" toggle entry to the "View" menu.

Enjoy !

As always working quickly...

Thank you Henri!

Your new viewer is surely the fastest of the new generation viewers
MystyMiracle DeCuir is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Likes This:
Old 09-17-2011, 05:56 PM   #71 (permalink)
LEMONY CAKE!

Tough times demand tough farts.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: October 20, 2194
Client: SL Viewer for Commodore 64
I've been playing around with the mesh-capable Cool VL for a couple weeks now (building my own personalized version from the source code, like I usually do with viewers) and I must say it fuckin' rocks.

Keeping my fingers crossed for multi clothing layers!

Really my only other issue with it is the fact that the V2/V3 outfit system (which I actually like and use) is largely castrated in it, but I'm torn between trying to restore that functionality so it's 100% compatible with V2/3 (done a little of that already), or just using the old-style V1 outfit system (the big drawback of that system, dealing no-copy items, is moot since Cool VL can use links for no-copy items in those outfits.)

That said, I probably use this viewer the proverbial 99% of the time now. Well done Henri!
Andromeda Rage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:02 PM   #72 (permalink)
Virtual One Percenter
Self Indulged

Quote:
Cool VL Update:

As always working quickly...

Thank you Henri!

Your new viewer is surely the fastest of the new generation viewers
I guess no one has told Henri he is allegedly "Holding Back" SL.
2 Users Laughed:
Old 09-17-2011, 07:05 PM   #73 (permalink)
Over and out

SL Join Date: 11/2006
Business: Pear Shaped
Multi-layers, Henri! You're my last hope of seeing mesh - don't make this a Sophie's Choice thing for me!
Old 09-18-2011, 09:12 AM   #74 (permalink)
Virtual One Percenter
Self Indulged

I just installed the latest non mesh update and it seems the Mute button is greyed out in the blue dialog boxes. Has anyone else noticed this?
Old 09-18-2011, 09:19 AM   #75 (permalink)
slurker

AFK for Revolution

My Mood:
Client: Cool VL Viewer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenda Connolly View Post
I just installed the latest non mesh update and it seems the Mute button is greyed out in the blue dialog boxes. Has anyone else noticed this?
I see that only in dialog boxes which belong to my own items. Cool VL Viewer 1.26.1 (7) here.
Leah Mayo is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks: