Greenlife Emerald Viewer - Page 29 - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Alternative SL Clients » Greenlife Emerald Viewer

Alternative SL Clients Discuss third party SL clients here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 02:20 AM   #701 (permalink)
The Purple

Adoring goats.

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 20. January 2007
Client: NaCl
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpaulsub Clio View Post
ok last night i had a issue..not sure it is a Emerald issue or not

i could not edit my clothing! i went into apperances and the clothes button was grayed out, and i tried clothes i knew were mod
Yeah, It's the 'Emerald clothing layer mode' others have mentioned. A sadly yet to be finished feature that was supposed to bring us freely combinable clothing layers. Lots of them. Leave it turned off for now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aki Shichiroji View Post
how hard would it be to say... allow the viewer to create new prims from a full perm base given to a worker alt? Say for instance if i want some quiet building time on another account, but want my name to stay on the item?
Basically to have an item rezzed from inventory on creating a prim, instead of...creating a prim? Easy.

Of course it would also create a new maelstrom of 'Zomg Emerald is a griefer client' floods across blogs by Sensationalist Important People since they will immediately say that people will use it to make copybats that fake creator by using somebody's available mod-prims. Something said clients already support, sadly, but that's another issue entirely.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lewis Luminos View Post
Not a security issue or anything, just annoying. I have been getting my password rejected sometimes when logging in on Emerald, even though I know the password is right, then when I type in (or even cut & paste) the same password a second time, it works.
Yeah, we're personally miffed at the multi-account login manager code ourselves currently..it has issues with saving/remembering passwords. :/

It might get a complete rewrite in the not too distant future.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cincia Singh View Post
Personally I think someone would have to be either incredibly vain, or seriously in need of a hobby, to find this function useful.
Nah, I find it incredibly useful for a few situations. In sims with non-dense builds you can quickly check the area where some people are by zooming up above (the text displayed has no range limit), or if somebody suddenly goes 'hey, have you looked at that?' it's a handy way to find out what the heck they are talking about.

Besides, you can see if you are watched while having pixelseks and invite them in!
Old 11-26-2009, 12:22 PM   #702 (permalink)
huh?

Hug Meh!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 9/2/2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalice Yao View Post
Yeah, It's the 'Emerald clothing layer mode' others have mentioned. A sadly yet to be finished feature that was supposed to bring us freely combinable clothing layers. Lots of them. Leave it turned off for now.
thank you for posting abouyt this ...now how do i turn it off?

if it had to work its way through Congress.

- Will Rogers

look here at mah Flikr
stpaulsub Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:31 PM   #703 (permalink)

needs to edit profile/pics

SL Join Date: Sept 2006 (but not active till 2008)
Business: someday, someday ...

Awards: 1
Thread Title of the Week 
Well I finally got around to taking the video card out of my older computer and putting it in my somewhat newer computer.

AMD X2 4450e dual core
the front panel says 3GB memory ( but I think it might be 2 )
NVIDEA 8600

Will I have ant problems running Emerald on this?

thanks
Robert Jung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:59 AM   #704 (permalink)
The Purple

Adoring goats.

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by stpaulsub Clio View Post
thank you for posting abouyt this ...now how do i turn it off?
It should be under ctrl+p -> emerald -> avatar, methinks, or page 2 -> effects.
Chalice Yao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 05:48 AM   #705 (permalink)

Fooked

My Mood:
Quote:
It should be under ctrl+p -> emerald -> avatar, methinks, or page 2 -> effects.
I couldn't find a setting for this in the prefrences(1.23.5.950) but there is a debug setting for it.
Advanced/debug settings/EmeraldClothingMode should be set to false.
Radge Rumble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 01:32 PM   #706 (permalink)
The Gingerbeard Man

*SLU Supporter*

Class of '08

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 08/11/2008
Business: Club Noir
Client: Firestorm

Awards: 1
SLU Creepy Avatar Competition 2014 Participant 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Jung View Post
Well I finally got around to taking the video card out of my older computer and putting it in my somewhat newer computer.

AMD X2 4450e dual core
the front panel says 3GB memory ( but I think it might be 2 )
NVIDEA 8600

Will I have ant problems running Emerald on this?
I'm on an NVidea 8600 and single core processor with 2gb memory and I can run Emerald fine (although the FPS isn't brilliant - usually around 10-15 on low graphics). But your system's better than mine.
Lewis Luminos is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 11-28-2009, 11:36 PM   #707 (permalink)

Does anyone know what the different colored crosshairs indicate when using 'show look at' ?
Colorado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 11:58 PM   #708 (permalink)
For your safety, do not climb on the noodle.

My Mood:
Client: Snotglob 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado View Post
Does anyone know what the different colored crosshairs indicate when using 'show look at' ?
Yeah.
Toritoys Tigerpaw is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 11-29-2009, 10:11 PM   #709 (permalink)
huh?

Hug Meh!

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 9/2/2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radge Rumble View Post
I couldn't find a setting for this in the prefrences(1.23.5.950) but there is a debug setting for it.
Advanced/debug settings/EmeraldClothingMode should be set to false.
HUGZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ this fixeded it !!!!! THANK YOU!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

now...htf did it get set to true?
stpaulsub Clio is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
Old 11-30-2009, 06:11 PM   #710 (permalink)
Oh hai!

SL Join Date: 01/01/06
Business: Pin Me Down
Send a message via Skype™ to Shyntae
Annoying problem Ive had for a few days now, when uploading a pose/animation I crash. I can preview them just fine, but as soon as I hit the Upload button, I crash, and its a tad annoying having to switch over to the regular viewer just to upload, then go back to Emerald and try out the rest.

Flickr | My Fictional Insanity | Marketplace
Morrigu Trescothick | Shyntae Demonista
Shyntae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 09:06 AM   #711 (permalink)
The Purple

Adoring goats.

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Morrigu View Post
Annoying problem Ive had for a few days now, when uploading a pose/animation I crash.
It's fixed internally and will be in the next release. We're currently preparing a new way of obtaining voice/kdu automatically on install :3 So, hopefully you'll get the fix soon.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #712 (permalink)
Oh hai!

SL Join Date: 01/01/06
Business: Pin Me Down
Send a message via Skype™ to Shyntae
Quote:
It's fixed internally and will be in the next release. We're currently preparing a new way of obtaining voice/kdu automatically on install :3 So, hopefully you'll get the fix soon.
\o/ Awesome. Had a bit of a doh-moment tho. If the animation is playing while I try to upload it, I crash, but works fine if its not running. So for now I just have to try to remember to stop before I upload.
Shyntae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 02:49 PM   #713 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

SL Join Date: 2007-02-06
The new version seems to turn the cam focus off after a few seconds. Is there any way to turn that time out off? I like being able to have my avatar keep looking at, say, another avatar talking and such (I do that constantly, actually).
Old 12-03-2009, 05:36 PM   #714 (permalink)

Peace, Luv, and Catnip

My Mood:
I have a problem with the New Emerald that was just released. I found the new thing is when you hover your mouse over an object it shows the prim count, position, and distance. Can that be removed somewhere in preferences? I don't like seeing that every time I buy something or hover over something. :/

Last edited by Salem; 12-03-2009 at 05:37 PM. Reason: Typonese
Salem is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Agreed:
Old 12-04-2009, 01:50 AM   #715 (permalink)
The Purple

Adoring goats.

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
I have a problem with the New Emerald that was just released. I found the new thing is when you hover your mouse over an object it shows the prim count, position, and distance. Can that be removed somewhere in preferences? I don't like seeing that every time I buy something or hover over something. :/
It's always been an option in the sl menu, and to my knowledge it's never been enabled by default. Push ctrl+shift+t or check view -> hovertips(?). It's one of the options one can silently trigger by accident.

Quote:
The new version seems to turn the cam focus off after a few seconds. Is there any way to turn that time out off? I like being able to have my avatar keep looking at, say, another avatar talking and such (I do that constantly, actually).
Hrrrm. Can you check ctrl+p->emerald->shields for me, see if all 'broadcast/send' options are enabled? I'm not sure we changed anything in that regard, but I'll ask the others later today.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:30 AM   #716 (permalink)
Extendable

Lizzard

SL Join Date: 2007-02-06
Quote:
Hrrrm. Can you check ctrl+p->emerald->shields for me, see if all 'broadcast/send' options are enabled? I'm not sure we changed anything in that regard, but I'll ask the others later today.
Broadcast 'viewer effects/camera focus point/pointer target' are all on.
I don't think I've ever touched that section, so it should all be defaults.
Similar McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:34 AM   #717 (permalink)
Oddly Controversial

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 11/30/2005
Business: Retired
I'm seeing this, too. All of the broadcast selections are checked. My avatar winds up looking around confused after a moment of focusing the camera on an object or another avatar.
Penny Patton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 03:35 AM   #718 (permalink)
The Purple

Adoring goats.

My Mood:
Weirdness
I'll relay the info, but to my knowledge, nothing about keeping focus while one types should have changed. hrm.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 12-04-2009, 03:37 AM   #719 (permalink)
Oddly Controversial

My Mood:
Someone probably snuck this in so we wouldn't notice when they're staring at our chests.
2 Users Laughed:
Old 12-04-2009, 06:58 AM   #720 (permalink)

My Mood:
Err... I downloaded the Optimized version last night and that was borked. AO wasn't working at all, inventory took forever to load, and once it got to a certain number (or so it seemed at first), it completely shut down. I spied something said in local chat, but it closed too fast for me to read it. I went to my local chat folder and saw what was said.

Quote:
[2009/12/03 8:44] item id found
[2009/12/03 8:44] file C:\Program Files\GreenLife Emerald Viewer\app_settings\bridge_assets\3aa187cd-519e-ac01-04f1-09f8a89a8247.lsltext exists
So, of course, I have no idea what that means, lol. Needless to say, I opened it again and same thing happened, sans the local chat thing. So I opened up Cool Viewer and everything loaded perfectly. I did, however, notice a random prim that was made by me, that I did not make. It did not show in Emerald's viewer. Upon inspection, it was just a normal prim-- no contents or anything. So I promptly deleted it, and in my trash folder were two items. The prim and something about a bridge script. So, I downloaded the previous Emerald viewer and all was well. Just now, I deleted all evidence of any emerald viewer and used CCleaner. Downloaded the Opto version, same thing as before, again sans the local chat. Uninstalled that, installed the normal Emerald viewer. AO still didn't work, my full inventory actually loaded, but upon reaching the last item, it crashed. And there was another random prim "made by me" that I didn't make. There was also something in local chat again.

Quote:
[2009/12/04 4:18] item id found
[2009/12/04 4:18] file C:\Program Files\Emerald Viewer\app_settings\bridge_assets\3aa187cd-519e-ac01-04f1-09f8a89a8247.lsltext exists
So, my question is, what does that file have to do with making the viewer crash?

at file**
Aldornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 07:06 AM   #721 (permalink)
The Purple

Adoring goats.

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aldornia View Post
AO wasn't working at all, inventory took forever to load
The new emerald version clears your cache before loading up the first time. Actually, a proper statement would be that it has no cache yet...we gave Emerald its own cache folder now, so it isn't in any way conflicting with other viewers being run. (Hence why your Cool Viewer loaded up normally..it uses the normal cache folder so still had everything) The long delay hence was just everything including inventory being grabbed again. The AO only loads when the inventory is fully loaded, so yeah, on first startup it'd take quite a while, depending on inventory size. Let it finish :3

As for the chat message and the prim you saw...that was the LSL<->Client bridge being created. see LSLClientBridge - greenlifeemeraldviewer - Information about Emerald lsl to client object - Project Hosting on Google Code for a description of what it is.

EDIT: Note that some info on that page is outdated, like the security issues which are now fixed.
Old 12-04-2009, 07:24 AM   #722 (permalink)

My Mood:
Angry

Installed the build 1101 (Win) yesterday, and I am quite disappointed by the new search area tool. It is so slow that it is almost unusable; perhaps the added filters are responsible for this. Any comment?
Buggsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 08:56 AM   #723 (permalink)

My Mood:
Quote:
The new emerald version clears your cache before loading up the first time. Actually, a proper statement would be that it has no cache yet...we gave Emerald its own cache folder now, so it isn't in any way conflicting with other viewers being run. (Hence why your Cool Viewer loaded up normally..it uses the normal cache folder so still had everything) The long delay hence was just everything including inventory being grabbed again. The AO only loads when the inventory is fully loaded, so yeah, on first startup it'd take quite a while, depending on inventory size. Let it finish :3

As for the chat message and the prim you saw...that was the LSL<->Client bridge being created. see LSLClientBridge - greenlifeemeraldviewer - Information about Emerald lsl to client object - Project Hosting on Google Code for a description of what it is.

EDIT: Note that some info on that page is outdated, like the security issues which are now fixed.
Okay, thank you for the link, that clears that up. But why the sudden crash after everything has loaded?
Aldornia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 09:19 AM   #724 (permalink)
Oddly Controversial

My Mood:
Quote:
Weirdness
I'll relay the info, but to my knowledge, nothing about keeping focus while one types should have changed. hrm.
For me, it's not just happening when I type. I'll focus my camera on someone, and then a moment later, my avatar's head turns to stare at the wall next to me. Even if my actual view is still focused on the person.

I played around a bit and even noticed the little crosshairs for the camera go wandering off.
Old 12-04-2009, 09:37 AM   #725 (permalink)
furball

out in the sunshine

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2003/03/10
Business: *Cailyn's*
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salem View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalice Yao
It's always been an option in the sl menu, and to my knowledge it's never been enabled by default. Push ctrl+shift+t or check view -> hovertips(?). It's one of the options one can silently trigger by accident.
I've been seeing this too - it's not so much the hovertip thing that appears when you hover over a scripted/set for sale object (I have that on all the time anyway) but that there is much more info on it (prims, position etc) now so the hovertips are huge. Hasn't annoyed me enough to delve into preferences yet to find out how to switch it off yet though (give me another few hours and it will!)
Cailyn Miller is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
best viewer evar , emerald viewer , greenlife