Catznip Viewer Updates ! - SLUniverse Forums
Navigation » SLUniverse Forums > Virtual World Discussion > Alternative SL Clients » Catznip Viewer Updates !

Alternative SL Clients Discuss third party SL clients here.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2016, 05:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

I Don't Really Exist Do I ?

My Mood:
Client: I try all of them.
Catznip Viewer Updates !

Catznip R10.0, as per The Catznip Viewer Team's Blog (1/30/2016):

Catznip R10 is a long overdue update that brings the viewer right up to date with all the latest from Linden Lab and fixes several issues from R9.
A huge thank you to everyone who has stuck with us since the last release (20 months previous!), as those close to the project will know it has been a long and difficult time with altogether too many health issues. Things are finally heading back in the right direction
At this time we only have a Windows release, Linux will follow shortly.
Due to a lack of time and suitable hardware we are unable to build, test and debug an OS X version to the standard our users would expect from Catznip. At this point it seems unlikely that there will be future OS X versions of the viewer. Thanks to those who have offered remote access or to build the viewer on our behalf.

Download the Latest Release: Latest Release - Catznip

Catznip R10 Release Notes: Catznip R10 Release Notes - Catznip
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
2 Users Said Thanks :
Old 02-02-2016, 11:45 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wandering happily, aimlessly

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 2/3/2012
Client: Different day, different viewer
Hurrah! Downloaded it yesterday, perfect so far!
Desertway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2016, 07:31 PM   #3 (permalink)
Just a Gazelle

absorbed with a delicate thought

My Mood:
Client: Catznip, Second Life Viewer 1.19.0.5
Inconsistent derendering, and the broken muting function is presumably still not fixed -- at least there's nothing mentioned in the list of fixed bugs. Default upload permissions are still not working either and there are some more or less annoying UI issues like unclickable buttons.
Oh well, it's a .0 release. Let's hope 10.1 won't take another 18 months.
Hardware Requiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2016, 05:13 AM   #4 (permalink)
Just a Gazelle

My Mood:
Muting works after clearing the existing mute list.
Some more bugs:
- URL highlighting is broken
- The "current color" field in the color picker doesn't update unless you first click on one of the predefined colors in the two bottom rows.
Old 02-07-2016, 03:35 PM   #5 (permalink)

*waves*

Thanks for the feedback ; and speaking of which I added a feedback button to the menu bar to make report problems as easy as possible since I realized create a JIRA can seem like more trouble than it's worth for minor issues (or just plain intimidating to a lot of people as well).
  • Inconsistent derendering: the only derendering bug I'm currently aware of is that they don't currently restore properly when removed ( https://catznip.atlassian.net/browse/CATZ-222 )
  • Broken muting: just tested and it seems to be working fine?
  • Default upload permissions: seems to work fine unless you meant https://catznip.atlassian.net/browse/CATZ-229 (which I fixed this weekend)
  • Unclickable buttons: the feedback floater for reporting little things like that (I can't think of any right now although I could imagine it happens on non-English localisation)
  • URL highlighting: I don't really do anything different than what's in the vanilla viewer so you'd have to elaborate on that
  • Current color: I just played with it for several minutes across several logon sessions but it always seems to be set to the current prim colour

I really hope it won't be another 18 months either . The current plan is for me to work on R11 and in the meanwhile fix bugs as they are reported in R10.x point releases (every 1-3 months depending on what I can find time to work on).

(Edit to add that the JIRA/feedback floater/my IMs are really the best way to get in touch since relying on someone to poke me that there's a post to look at here is a bit hit-and-miss ).
Kitty Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Said Yay!:
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 02-08-2016, 12:01 PM   #6 (permalink)
Just a Gazelle

My Mood:
Hi Kitty:
1) Derendering: Yes, that's what I meant
2) Muting: As mentioned above: After clearing the list of muted people and re-populating it, muting works now as intended
3) Upload Permissions: Yes, that's the one
4) Unclickable buttons: English locale, but I'm not logged in right now. I will check which floaters and which buttons had an issue
5) URL highlighting: the Highlighting ends after the first "/" character (i.e.: http://www.wherever.foo/bar/baz - the bar/baz part doesn't get highlighted). This doesn't impact the click function, though.
6) Try this: rez an untinted prim, right-click-edit, -> Texture -> Color. The "current color" is white (255/255/255). If you now click a random color in the large rainbow field, neither the "current color" field nor the prim gets updated. Likewise for an all-black prim. If you click on one of the predefined colors in the two bottom rows, the color gets updated and afterwards choosing a color from the rainbow field works as well.

More when I'm logged in again.
Old 02-08-2016, 01:12 PM   #7 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

watching

SL Join Date: 27/10/2010
Client: Official (w/Starlight) & Catznip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardware Requiem View Post
Hi Kitty:
1) Derendering: Yes, that's what I meant
2) Muting: As mentioned above: After clearing the list of muted people and re-populating it, muting works now as intended
3) Upload Permissions: Yes, that's the one
4) Unclickable buttons: English locale, but I'm not logged in right now. I will check which floaters and which buttons had an issue
5) URL highlighting: the Highlighting ends after the first "/" character (i.e.: http://www.wherever.foo/bar/baz - the bar/baz part doesn't get highlighted). This doesn't impact the click function, though.
6) Try this: rez an untinted prim, right-click-edit, -> Texture -> Color. The "current color" is white (255/255/255). If you now click a random color in the large rainbow field, neither the "current color" field nor the prim gets updated. Likewise for an all-black prim. If you click on one of the predefined colors in the two bottom rows, the color gets updated and afterwards choosing a color from the rainbow field works as well.

More when I'm logged in again.
URL's are not brocken in Catznip, they allways look like that since LL decided to display them in that way. If i remember correctly they said it was for security reasons (have to look it up again).
It is the same in the official viewer since ... a long time now.

“Reality is what it is, not what you want it to be.” - Frank Zappa
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 01:15 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Hi Kitty:
Thankies .

If you'll be using the feedback floater don't worry too much about descriptions. I tend to dress them up a bit before converting them to normal CATZ issues anyway; most important part is having a "to do" list I don't accidentally throw in the trash when I clean my desk .

Quote:
I did notice that last night but I wasn't sure if it was what you mentioned.

It is actually working; if you look to the far right of the floater you'll notice that the brightness slider is up to 100% making every colour clicked white. Clicking on a pre-defined colour then changes the brightness slider making it appear like it all works.

I agree that that feels broken though and I'll have a poke at making it behave a bit more like you'd expect it to.

---

Everything else except the URL handling is on my "to do" for R10.1 (or R10.something) so I'll get to it soon-ish (faster than 18 months in any case).
Kitty Barnett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2016, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Just a Gazelle

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitty Barnett View Post
It is actually working; if you look to the far right of the floater you'll notice that the brightness slider is up to 100% making every colour clicked white. Clicking on a pre-defined colour then changes the brightness slider making it appear like it all works.

I agree that that feels broken though and I'll have a poke at making it behave a bit more like you'd expect it to.
Thanks! I think the brightness slider should move along with the brightness value of the crosshair in the rainbow field. At least that's what it did in R9, and it actually does that in R10 as well once you've moved it away from the 255 or 0 value :-)
Old 02-08-2016, 02:48 PM   #10 (permalink)
Just a Gazelle

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tris View Post
It is the same in the official viewer since ... a long time now.
We're talking Catznip here, and in R9 the URL highlighting did NOT cut off after the "/" character. I don't care if it is like that in the current official viewer. In the last Catznip release it wasn't the case, so for Catznip it's, if not a bug, at least a regression.
Old 02-08-2016, 03:50 PM   #11 (permalink)

*SLU Supporter*

watching

SL Join Date: 27/10/2010
Client: Official (w/Starlight) & Catznip
Quote:
We're talking Catznip here, and in R9 the URL highlighting did NOT cut off after the "/" character. I don't care if it is like that in the current official viewer. In the last Catznip release it wasn't the case, so for Catznip it's, if not a bug, at least a regression.
And somewhere between R9 and R10 LL changed things.

So don't blame Catznip, blame LL.
Tris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2016, 05:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
Scaly

Cuffing your dreams

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 6th Jan. 2007
Client: Black Dragon
It's not a bug, it's an undocumented feature. As fun as it sounds, it's true, it really is.
NiranV Dean is offline   Reply With Quote
1 User Laughed:
Old 04-06-2016, 08:15 PM   #13 (permalink)

Client: Catznip and stock SL
Is there an expected date for R10 for Linux? R9 is seriously out of date now and I am looking at other options, but my preferred option would be to stay with my favourite!
Muireann McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2016, 08:50 PM   #14 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muireann McMillan View Post
Is there an expected date for R10 for Linux? R9 is seriously out of date now and I am looking at other options, but my preferred option would be to stay with my favourite!
As for a timeline, no they haven't published one for the date of Linux inclusion. However, their latest commits were on March 13th, 2016 and it shows that they have been focused on producing R10.1
Old 04-07-2016, 07:05 AM   #15 (permalink)

Client: Catznip and stock SL
Thanks... so looks like Linux is no longer a priority. Well, there goes. I'll see if I can live with Kokua or something
Muireann McMillan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:19 PM   #16 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:
Catznip R11, as per Kitty Barnett :

This release brings Catznip right up-to date with new LL features including Bento (new avatar bones), Jelly Dolls, Graphics presets, HTTP co-routines, LibVLC, OpenJPEG, voice improvements and a lot of bug fixes. We also have a new 'Quick preferences' floater providing access to local rendering, avatar complexity, wearing and windlight options. RLVa has seen more incremental updates and can now be enabled without needing to restart the client.
Important note : Linden Lab's Bento project (new avatar bones) is not backwards compatible with previous viewers and as such all previous versions will be blocked in the near future. Please update to R11 at your earliest convenience and get in touch to resolve any issues. Continued...
Old 12-12-2016, 09:20 PM   #17 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:
R11 New:

Quick Preferences panel - auto-added to everyone's bottom toolbar; please test and give feedback
Quick Appearance - several options to deal with avatar complexity in a (hopefully) more intuitive and easy way
Quick Wearing - fast access to worn items + list of complexity cost per item (WIP - context menu not complete yet)
Quick WindLight - change WindLight presets easily
CATZ-225: Split long chat/IM messages into multiple chunks
OpenJPEG Updated to 1.5.2 (from 1.4)
CATZ-CATZ-266: Change the avatar hover height from the quick appearance panel
CATZ-CATZ-264: Added version number to title bar
CATZ-CATZ-225: Split long chat/IM messages into multiple chunks
R11 Fixed:

[FIXED] CATZ-163: Changing Windows Audio Output Device requires a relog to work
[FIXED] CATZ-207: Feedback floater doesn't close after submitting feedback
[FIXED] CATZ-244: Edit Hover button doesn't work
[FIXED] CATZ-256: Avatar profile pictures on the IM control panel are always blurry
[FIXED] CATZ-241: Next owner checkboxes are inaccessible on the inventory item properties floater (localization bug)
[FIXED] CATZ-248: Help / About is missing the BUILD_* substitutions
[FIXED] CATZ-267: Offers/notifications from/to avatars with the Resident last names log to the wrong file
[FIXED] Avatars with large inventories remain a cloud for a long time after clearing cache and relogging
[FIXED] CATZ-178: Ability to switch between IM tabs with keyboard
[FIXED] CATZ-238: Picking an object tint color is unintuitive when the current colour is white/black
[FIXED] CATZ-20: Mini Map context menu does not allow 'Stop Tracking' on occasion
[FIXED] CATZ-239: "Invite to group" from an open conversation doesn't pre-fill the other party's name
[FIXED] CATZ-263: Sorting by appearance doesn't take the new Bento attachment spots into consideration
[FIXED] There's no visual indicator when an object's inventory is being refreshed
[FIXED] Newly created/empty notecards aren't tracked for asset recovery
[FIXED] Offlines from Resident last names log to the wrong file
[FIXED] Crash reports aren't sent
[FIXED] Avatars with large inventories remain a cloud for a long time after clearing cache and relogging
[FIXED] CATZ-251: Build button doesn't actually bring up the build floater
[FIXED] Reverting an outfit after wearing new attachments doesn't detach the extr attachments
[FIXED] Tentative crash fix when the appearance floater is visible
[FIXED] The "AgentComplexity" notification frequently spams nearby chat
[FIXED] CATZ-259: Erroneous Text in Avatar Complexity Message
[FIXED] CATZ-262: Unread IM feature (re)opens an IM session with no visible history when logging in

New (RLVa):

RLVa can now be toggled on/off at the login screen without requiring a viewer restart
Added the @list and @stopim IM queries (+ little easter egg *hint*)
@sit[:<null-uuid>]=force will ground-sit the avatar (if permitted)
Fixed (RLVa):

[FIXED] 2 bugs relating to evading folder locks
[FIXED] Path separator ('/') cannot be used in shared folder names and shouldn't be returned by @getinv and @findfolder(s)
[FIXED] Force wear commands don't work from the console
[FIXED] @setgroup:<string>=force will now do a "starts with" rather than an exact match
[FIXED] Edge case issues with @fartouch and other touch related restrictions
[FIXED] Can't select a face on a nearby object when both @fartouch and @touch* restricted
[FIXED] Object inspectors aren't shown on nearby objects when both @fartouch and @touch* restricted
[FIXED] Non-touch left-click actions on nearby objects are blocked when both @fartouch and @touch* restricted
[FIXED] Objects can be edit-dragged farther then the current @fartouch distance
[FIXED] Don't show tooltips for objects/avatars that are outside of @fartouch range
[FIXED] Exclusion ranges for @recvim and @sendim are calculated wrong
[FIXED] Can't copy/paste folders when RLVa is disabled
[FIXED] RLVa can be enabled from the command prompt (bypassing user consent)
[FIXED] Invalid check for @shownames exception on object chat
Continued...
Old 12-12-2016, 09:26 PM   #18 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:
Catznip R11.0 Download: Latest Release - Catznip

Note from reporter: Please note that in addition to the standard release there is an additional release for those who are on Windows 10 machines using Intel HD Graphics integrated chips.
1 User Said Thanks:
Old 01-01-2018, 07:19 PM   #19 (permalink)
Abnormally Normal

My Mood:
Catznip R12.0 Download: https://get.catznip.com/downloads

Catznip R12.0 Release Notes: Catznip R12 Release Notes - Catznip

Happy New Year !
1 User Said Yay!:
2 Users Said Thanks :
1 User Likes This:
Old 01-03-2018, 02:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Just a Glitch

Levophobic

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 11/11/2006
Business: Catznip
Client: Catznip
We've just added a discord server too - https://discord.gg/rxKQMG7