Isn't it interesting that this happens when:
1. People (mostly young often white) are moving back into Detroit (and developing quite an artist's community).
2. They are building a rail line along the path of the main drag, to better transport people
3. HUD his investing BIG money along the Woodward Corridor (the main drag I spoke of) and the rail line.
4. Many people of the city are actually tearing down the abandoned houses-by themselves.
5. Quite a few people are starting community gardens on abandoned vacant land.
6. A large farming business has been trying to go into Detroit to establish a huge urban farm-which means a lot of money, jobs, and good food for the people. Hantz Farms | World's Largest Urban Farm Planned for the City of Detroit http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=5B36rrj1zc0
Does anybody think that is a coincidence? There is money to be made by taking over the city.