SLUniverse Forums - View Single Post - Zen Viewer
Thread: Zen Viewer
View Single Post
Old 03-07-2012, 02:09 AM   #305 (permalink)
Mabb Dilweg
HenchGirl

Mad Scientist Devotee

My Mood:
SL Join Date: June 2006
Business: Mabbulosity
Client: Exodus
Send a message via Skype™ to Mabb Dilweg
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShrugDangle View Post
I apologize for scaring the crap out of you.

It would be a logical fallacy to presume I was talking about all TPV's of course, just this incredibly shady one.
OK so forgive me, but making a statement that pretty much accuses the developers of illegal activity, purely on the basis that you personally think they're "shady", is irresponsible on so many levels - the most important of which is a distinct lack of respect for the SLU community. You don't drop a bomb like that with no explanation or justification.

I have no problem with people expressing their opinion, or their reservations about this or that, but if you are making a specific accusation, or giving a specific warning about a Serious Matter (like "change your password") you should provide context and substantiation OR qualify it to indicate it's your personal opinion. In the same post. Doesn't count when it had to be dragged out of you over the course of a few days.

Frankly, I don't give a rigged toss of my mesh hair about this viewer, and I don't think very highly of them either, because of the attribution crap they pulled, but it's drawing a long bow to go from unethical to criminal.

"I think these people are really shady and this is why [insert some facts here]" would NOT have caused alarm. And if you have nothing to back your claims of criminal activity, then don't make them. Please.

The Book of Awesome, Revelations 7:18

Mabb Dilweg is offline   Reply With Quote