Originally Posted by Richie Waves
I got startrek online, have a bit of fun with it. the place is swamped with players though. never seen anything quite like it...
The ground missions are terrible, though. far too easy. Space missions are fairly easy too but far better fun than on the ground.
All in all I can't believe people subscribed to play this. it feels like a F2p.
There are difficulty levels for missions.
Death Penalty, difficulty slider, and updated Commodity missions are up on Tribble! - Star Trek Online Forums
Difficulty Slider |
- Players are now able to set their difficulty setting in the options screen or from the episodes tab of the journal UI. Your current difficulty level will also be displayed in various parts of the UI. (Mission tracker, team window, target window)
- The available settings are:
- Normal – STO’s default and current setting. If you enjoy STO’s difficulty as is continue to play on the Normal difficulty level.
- Advanced – If you frequently play games and are looking for more of a challenge than STO’s default setting choose this difficulty level.
- Elite – If you are a STO veteran and you want the bragging rights of going against the hardest challenge that STO offers choose this difficulty level.
- When teamed it is the Team Leader’s difficulty level that is used to determine the difficulty of a map.
- A player’s Difficulty Setting will not affect open maps or persistant maps. (Fleet actions, pvp, ipvp, social maps or deepspace encounters)
- A player will only be able to modify their difficulty level when they are on static maps, not on instanced maps. (social maps, sector space)
- With greater risk come greater rewards. Playing on higher difficulty levels will grant more rewards from critters than the lower difficulty settings.
You should have seen ground combat before it was changed. It's still not as good as the space combat though but an improvement from what it was.