SLUniverse Forums - View Single Post - Grendel's downsizing to half the sims
View Single Post
Old 08-30-2011, 02:22 AM   #5 (permalink)
Doctor Zen
In Significance

"Only his eyes still said that whatever it was the Universe thought it was doing to him, he would still like it to please stop."

My Mood:
SL Join Date: 5/14/2009
Client: Firestorm, occasionally Singularity
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ann Otoole View Post
And what support did they need exactly?
The article doesn't say specifically.
Quote:
“I can get spam from Cafe Press, but no answers from Linden Lab,” says Flea Bussy, the leader janitor of Grendel’s (and owner of the Avarian sims) wearily. There is no response to his tickets, and having been told “we’ll call you back” by concierge, there are no replies. “They don’t care.”

After years of patience with Linden Lab, Flea is disappointed in the failure of the Lab to support what is a thriving business in one of the most important areas of the grid – the development of amazing content.

The land sales have gone through swiftly. As Toady Nakamura, Flea’s co-janitor, says wryly, “You wanna sell a sim, the sim brokers will call you right away, they will email you right away. Not like Lindens.”
“We took this problem all the way to the CEO,” says Toady, “and it was fixed for 3 days. Then it broke again. We can’t keep going to the top for routine things like ‘we cannot move in our sim’.

Like many people, the team at Grendel’s have respect for Rod Humble and what he is trying to do.

“I think Mr. Rodvik Linden is great, but I think he has a large pile of Inertial Lindens that will not move underneath him,” says Toady. “ Like old time clipper ships, good captain, shanghai’d crew … ship sinks.”
Edit to add bold emphasis.