This year’s Fantasy Faire begins next week, and I’m proud to be one of the official bloggers for it! One of the things that they have for us to do is a series of blog challenges to get our creative juices flowing. To get ready for the Faire, I’m doing the first one today – it’s called “I Remember”. They’ve asked us to think about the past Fantasy Faires and share our favorite stories, memories, transformations, and moments. Having spent weeks of time in the Fairelands over the years that the Fantasy Faire has been held, I have far too many memories to share, but I do have a few favorites.
I’ll never forget the shotgun wedding (literally) of Alia Baroque and Clover Denzo. That whole situation never fails to make me laugh when I think about it. I’ll never forget the first time I saw Elicio Ember’s incredible plants. I’ll never forget all of the laughs that the Fantasy Faire team had on our constant 24/7 Skype calls as Faire time neared during the years I was on the organizing team. … Read the rest
Frequently, Strawberry Singh posts a Monday Meme/Challenge for other bloggers to participate in. For the last couple of years, she has posted one asking people certain stats about their avatar. This year, mesh bodies have come into much greater use on the Grid, so peoples’ numbers are quite different. I myself just switched to a mesh body a few weeks ago, so I’m still tweaking, but I thought I’d still take part. Strawberry asked a few questions related to our shapes, as well as what some of our sliders are.
1. Do you currently own a mesh body? If so, do you wear it all the time or just once in a while? If not, skip to the fourth question.
I do – The Mesh Project’s beta male body. These days, I wear it about 95% of the time – I really only change out of it if I want to wear something that absolutely won’t fit it (short shorts are the worst culprit because of the body’s massive thighs). I’m still getting used to the body, but I’m enjoying it quite a bit so far.… Read the rest
Many Mondays, Strawberry Singh
posts a blog challenge or meme, and since I’m a couple of years late to the party, I thought I’d go back and join in on some of the ones I’ve missed. This one from about a year ago is the Spring Season challenge
. The photo above called “The Birth of Spring” is actually one that I posted about a week ago on Flickr, but I think it’s absolutely perfect for this. As part of this blog challenge, Berry posted three questions to answer in addition to taking the photograph.
- What is the spring season like where you live?
This Spring was really non-existent. I live in the north-western part of Texas in the United States, and our February was brutal (for us) – we had inches of ice on the road at times along with snow. There were times that basically the whole city I live in shut down! Then we transitioned straight to our normal May weather – mid-high 80 degree afternoon temperatures and very, very sunny.
… Read the rest
♫ Work it, I need a glass of water ♫
♬ Boy, oh, boy, it’s good to know ya ♬
So it’s been FOREVERRRRRRRRR since I’ve done a Meme, but this week I decided to do Berry’s! So here goes nothing!
- Have you ever owned a sim in Second Life? – No
- Have you ever created content in Second Life? – Yes, Shapes
- Have you ever driven a vehicle in Second Life? – Yes, I own lots of funny vehicles and I just recently got a new one from HaruMotors
- Have you ever gone sky diving in Second Life? – I’ve Parachuted but not sky dived but that sounds like loads of fun!
- Have you ever played a sport in Second Life? – No, I don’t think so unless shopping is a sport?
- Have you ever gone clubbing in Second Life? – Yeah, a lot.
- Have you ever fangirled/fanboyed someone in Second Life? – Well Duh! The person that made this Meme
- Have you ever taken a picture of your avatar in water in Second Life?– Let me check. This is probably the closest to in the water I’ve gotten.
… Read the rest
I never really get involved in blog memes, but I love this one so here I am! My picture represents what I feel SL does for me, allows me to be free, but also to hide away at times too.
1. Have you ever owned a sim in Second Life?
Yes, back in 2005 for about a year or so and I got told by a Linden it had a stupid name! I miss Slootsville.
2. Have you ever created content in Second Life?
Yep, I made poses and some are still for sale over at the Elikatira sim! Frooti, you were fun, for a bit :P
3. Have you ever driven a vehicle in Second Life?
Yes, my fave has to be a massive penis that did the rounds in 2004
4. Have you ever gone sky diving in Second Life?
YES! hahaha omgggg
5. Have you ever played a sport in Second Life?
Nope, not unless you count bumper cars.
6. Have you ever gone clubbing in Second Life?
I spent the first year of my SL in a club, Club Divine, it was pink and sparkly and all things good, I met some of the best people there, I miss those days dearly.
7. Have you ever fangirled/fanboyed someone in Second Life?
… Read the rest
Just the other day I was thinking that I must look for some blogger challenges as it is a while since I have done any. They are a great way to stretch yourself as a blogger, as well as being fun to do, and I love seeing other bloggers interpretations of the meme too. So I was really pleased to see that Strawberry Singh has restarted her much missed Monday meme, with the Second Life Yearbook Smile Challenge which you can find here
. If you want a laugh at Zsa's expense, click here
to see my first ever meme, again one of Berry's.
This meme challenges you to share a photo of your avatar smiling yearbook style. Ok, I can't deny it, Zsa is a bit shy and not a good smiler, but she said to tell you that she was smiling inside! She also has no experience of Yearbooks as we don't have them where I live, so please forgive us if this is not an authentic Yearbook photo.
Anyway, in the search for Zsa's smile, I tried out the toothy smile on various huds but they were seriously creepy, so in the end I settled on the basic smile on the Anypose Expression hud, one of my "can't do without" tools that I have probably used in 98% of my blog posts.… Read the rest